DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Oh Boy wave form gazers will be in their glory with this

dj steve f 11:38 PM - 22 February, 2012
Just found this video Watchvimeo.com bet all the guys that stare at their screen cant wait for this to come out
O.B.1 1:27 AM - 23 February, 2012
I try to stare at the screen as seldom as possible - but that looks amazing!
DjayRage 1:27 AM - 23 February, 2012
That looks dope but I'd probably have drunk people hovering all night, even more so than they already do. This would be cool in a club install with a enclosed DJ booth to keep the gazers away.
Mike_P 1:37 AM - 23 February, 2012
Looks sick. But I agree that this could only be done in a club install and in that case, the DJ booth is usually out of sight of the club goers so what's the point.
DjayRage 1:41 AM - 23 February, 2012
Well some of the upscale clubs I've done have a video camera or two setup in the DJ booth and the lighting guy can switch between that footage (dance floor/DJ booth) and the music videos if the DJ is video mixing. A setup like that would be perfect for that.
DJ Remy USA 1:56 AM - 23 February, 2012
that shit is dope but I would get dizzy after a while with all that going on, all in all its a gimmicky
dj steve f 2:30 AM - 23 February, 2012
yea it kinda messes with your eyes , i agree Remy
skinnyguy 2:50 AM - 23 February, 2012
pretty neato.....but.....not sure if that would work at an outdoor function during the day...
djbanno 4:36 AM - 23 February, 2012
Saw someone doing this in the setup thread a whiles back...still dope though.
Papa Midnight 7:15 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:

Yeah. He was using MixEmergency + SSL + some other stuff. Can't quite recall what. I frankly don't see what the problem is with trying to be a bit creative with your setup. Oh well, Hater's Gonna Hate.
SeriousCyrus 8:34 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:

That's me, all though that one isn't, he's been looking at my work though, I pretty much gave away how to do it. Mine's still better though.... A credit would have been nice.

Watchwww.youtube.com
L2daGee 8:39 AM - 23 February, 2012
^Dope-ass Herbaliser and What What (aka Jean Grey) track... I bought that album back in the late 90s. Classic...
djbanno 8:59 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

That's me, all though that one isn't, he's been looking at my work though, I pretty much gave away how to do it. Mine's still better though.... A credit would have been nice.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I tried to backtrack that thread to give credit where credits due but ran out of time.
At least the serato forum knows where that idea came from.
Props SeriousCyrus.
DJ Remy USA 12:40 PM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I was gonna mention that I had seen this somewhere before but I just assumed it was you, yea a credit would have been nice but people steal ideas and make millions and swear they created while the originator gets little to no credit
SeriousCyrus 12:52 PM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
I was gonna mention that I had seen this somewhere before but I just assumed it was you, yea a credit would have been nice but people steal ideas and make millions and swear they created while the originator gets little to no credit

At least youtube videos show date uploaded, it's harder to get away with (I Hope).

Looking at the setup, he's still got a few major issues to overcome that I was planning for from the beginning.
SeriousCyrus 1:02 PM - 23 February, 2012
Might be borderline, but this video by Traktor feat Unkut seemed a little similar considering how soon it came out after my first vid. It's not projection mapped, but they used video editing to put the waveforms on the decks.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Man, sometime you come up with a great idea and don't realise till it's too late, wonder if I have any legal protection? Gotta be a grey area, it's using the serato interface a lot after all. All art is theft, nada, nada.
dj steve f 7:02 PM - 23 February, 2012
if your video is dated before all these videos came out its tecnically a legal copyright in most states