Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

TouchScreen Support

Tjunglist 7:49 PM - 29 November, 2007
I just setup my touchscreen HP l5006tm and it is wicked... drag and drop no need for messing around on the keyboard/mouse... however It is hard to hit the buttons they are so small. I understand its necessary to display lots of info but there is definitely room to improve. How about at least making the loop buttons bigger? Adjustable FONT would help too...

Skins with touchscreen in mind would solve everything...
AKIEM 12:52 AM - 30 November, 2007
beware- once you touch, going back feels like sh!t
allenbina 10:06 PM - 1 December, 2007
djchope 3:48 AM - 2 December, 2007
Quote:
beware- once you touch, going back feels like sh!t

yeah it does, just got a laptop with the touchscreen thing. well actually its a pen and doesnt work at all its hard to push the buttons to anyways i think its better to use the keyboard
AKIEM 10:28 AM - 2 December, 2007
yeah, what I meant is once you get used to a touchscreen, its hard to go back to keys.
djbriguy 7:50 PM - 3 December, 2007
grrrrrr to skins.
Sun Tan Man 4:51 PM - 3 October, 2015
yes, a touch skin for Serato DJ would be great!
DJ | JD 3:01 AM - 15 June, 2016
I agree. I SPECIFICALLY bought a laptop with a touchscreen because I thought that Serato DJ would work with it. I thought that I could drag and drop music to my decks with my finger, but I can't. In fact, the program just crashes when I try to do it. It is very disappointing that I can't use my finger.

If I can use my finger to load songs into my decks, Serato DJ won't feel like a program that I have to deal with to load a song. However, it will became a tool that is transparent to my music vibes. I'm not saying that Serato is a bad program. It is by far my favorite DJ software. But when I am in the zone DJing, it is a lot more natural to me to physically drag and drop songs to my decks with my finger. Think about it. When you look at a song on your screen, is it easier to locate it with your finger and drag it to your deck; or is it easier the other way: You have to find it, look down from the screen to locate your trackpad or mouse. Then you have to play around with it to locate the cursor, and THEN drop it into the deck.

If I have this feature, Serato DJ wouldn't get in the way of my flow.
Cwite 10:51 AM - 15 June, 2016
+1

Serato was touch screen perfect around the 1.6 or 1.7 era (besides the drop down menus - such as the fx selector). As it's progressed passed the 1.8 Mark it doesn't want to work with them any more. I used to be able to drag and drop with a screen drag, but now if I do the screen hangs until I use the touch pad. Touch screens are here to stay and I deliberately chose a ten point touch screen to make the most of Serato. But it seems Serato doesn't want to make the most of Serato?

I know I'm in a minority with touch screen compatibility. I reported the touch screen glitches as a bug during one of the betas, to be told it's not a fault and touch screen compatability isn't something they allowed for. Here's to hoping it all works again soon.
Mr Wilks 2:09 PM - 15 June, 2016
+1

I have a Dell 21" touchscreen that is fun to use with Serato DJ but the size of the buttons don't lend themselves well. To have the option of a "touchscreen mode" would be great.

Not sure why a -1 is here for a function that wouldn't affect the current usage?
AKIEM 2:51 PM - 15 June, 2016
If Apple did it for laptops instead of the iPad it might have happened....

I mounted a touchscreen on my mixer back in 05 and it was excellent to use that way. But the hardware just wasn't quite right.

I can't see serato doing unless 90%(or whatever) of users have a touchscreen.