DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

CDJ-1000 MK1 Vs. CDJ-1000 MK3

Dj AR1 7:25 PM - 18 February, 2012
really short and quick guys... im finding offers on both models... now wat r the diferences, wats good, wats bad...
why MK3 but not MK1, puttin on the side the MK3 r the lates models on dat category.
thanks ahead guys.
Joee 8:57 PM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
really short and quick guys... im finding offers on both models... now wat r the diferences, wats good, wats bad...
why MK3 but not MK1, puttin on the side the MK3 r the lates models on dat category.
thanks ahead guys.

for me it's the plater, it's more of a plastic feel & lighter on the mk1.........the mk2 & mk3 has more of a metal & heavy feel to it

i like the original mk1 better i never liked the newer ones, for that plater feel alone
flipmo8064 9:18 PM - 18 February, 2012
better display on the mk3. mk3 plays mp3 burnt cds and the mk1 does not. You typically don't want a large amount of tracks on one cd anyways. There's also a spin back tension control on the mk3 which is not on the mk1.
Dj AR1 9:53 PM - 18 February, 2012
im using it wit the serato, so i will b using th encodecs cd's, no mp3 or regular cd's.
flipmo8064 11:17 PM - 18 February, 2012
You won't notice a difference using them then. Other then the display and a chrome ring around the platter of the mk3 and not the mk1. Just keep in mind that the mk1's have been around a while. Look at them closely before buying them.
flipmo8064 11:20 PM - 18 February, 2012
Here's a video going over the two and their differences.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr. Goodkat 12:40 AM - 19 February, 2012
3s are way better
Pressure Point 2:26 AM - 19 February, 2012
I own an mk1 and an mk3 . As mentioned in the posted video there is a noticeable lag in the response of the jog wheel when you first load an actual cd track on the mk1 compared to the mk3 as it is apparently slower to buffer. I've never noticed an issue when using control disks in Serato's relative mode, especially if you set the disk on an extended loop. This may be noticeable in absolute mode, but I don't know because I've never really tried.

One difference not mentioned in the video is that the mk1 does not have the "cue release" feature that the mk3 has. In other words with both models you can hold the cue button to play into a track and release it to return to the set cue point. With the mk3 you can hit the play button while holding the cue button to release the cue and continue playing through the track, which I find to be a very useful feature when mixing actual CDs. I never use this feature with Serato, but it shouldn't matter unless you're using Absolute mode. Maybe others here can speak to that. Beyond that you have the more obvious differences already mentioned (mk3 has improved display, plays mp3s, tension control for jogwheel, etc). Personally I would buy the mk3 unless you find an incredible deal on the mk1.
Dj AR1 7:14 PM - 21 February, 2012
MK3s is the way then.
Dj AR1 2:18 PM - 22 February, 2012
so u guys hav been great on the help... im really learning a lot out of this discussion...

wat u guys think bout the "Behringer NOX606 mixer" n the "Behringer DDM4000 5-Channel DJ Mixer with Sampler", n the "Behringer DJX750 5-Channel DJ Mixer"...
i kno they not like the highest end mixers out there, but i heard they respond good for the money, n im working on a lil tight budget.

i expect your major sincere ideas guys.
again, im really thanks full.
Dj AR1 2:20 PM - 22 February, 2012
oh sorry guys, i forgat to mention the "Behringer DJX900USB USB DJ Mixer".
DJ4LMNTZ 10:30 PM - 27 May, 2014
Although this convo is two years old and I've seen some MK1's used for $400, I just nabbed one on Ebay for $175 and it's fully functional. Wondering if that's a steal of a deal because I would have grabbed an MK3 for a bit more if not
itsyamandjtameil 3:53 AM - 28 May, 2014
The MK2 is the best CDJ that Pioneer has released. The pitch rides better than the rest & also when you cut and scratch, it's more on point in my opinion. The other models are ok.. but when compared with the MK2 they suck.
Dj AR1 12:48 AM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:
Although this convo is two years old and I've seen some MK1's used for $400, I just nabbed one on Ebay for $175 and it's fully functional. Wondering if that's a steal of a deal because I would have grabbed an MK3 for a bit more if not

my game has step up way far from this.
at this time i own 2 mk3, 1 cdj900, 1 rane 62, 2 qsc kw152, 1 mackie th15a, 1 ddi-sx, 2 mini moving heads, 4 chauvet q spot 160, 2 chauvet intimidator xyz, 2 american dj revo burst, 4 adj color shot led, 1 chauvet swarm, 2 adj snap shot 2 strobe lights, 1 chauvet vue 6.1, 1 chauvet vue 4.1, 1 chauvet scorpion gb 2.0 laser, 1 8" monitor pre amp, 3 color palette, 1 fusion fx bar 4.
and u was saying?
i think from 2 years to now is a lil bit of progress.
dj bmanic 1:59 AM - 15 August, 2014
I have the ddm 4000 and I love it. I mapped it out to run with scratch live. It's a great mixer for the price. It's more of a club type mixer. But I also have a rane 57 it's almost triple the price but we'll worth it