DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato SL3 - Black Version available in the UK?

The Oldboy 10:05 AM - 16 February, 2012
hi guys

does anyone know where i can purchase the all black version (same as the US one) in the UK?

I really don't want the Blue UK only version but am struggling to find the black one anywhere in the UK.

Also..... if i did have to by from the US would there be any voltage issues when using the power adaptor?

thanks
phatbob 10:26 AM - 16 February, 2012
Nowhere officially.

They brought in the blue one to make sure dealers weren't importing cheap stock from the grey market, and make sure us Brits pay top-whack as usual.

It's a shame, because I've got two, an older black one and a blue, and the paint quality on the blue one is pure crap. It chips if you just look at it funny.

So should you import? Probably not.

The power supply is universal, not a problem.

But if you import you could have warranty issues. Sennhiser are very good at the warranty stuff in the UK and I'd hate to lose that support if anything went wrong. Sending back & forth to the US to get something fixed is not a good look.

So I'd say you should probably suck it up and buy a blue one, sorry.
The Oldboy 10:44 AM - 16 February, 2012
really don't want a blue! i'll look into warranty stuff.

i've had my scratch live (before the sl1 version but same thing) for about 6 years with no problems!
phatbob 10:49 AM - 16 February, 2012
Pretty sure you'll still get warranty but it's country specific, Sennheiser won't handle it for you in the UK.

The boxes are solid as, but you could still get a lemon...

If I was you I'd look to Europe before the States. It will appear more expensive but you won't get raped with import duty.

Or just find a used black one on eBay... ;-)
The Oldboy 11:14 AM - 16 February, 2012
i'll try germany. thanks for that!
The Oldboy 11:16 AM - 16 February, 2012
its 550 at the first german site i looked at :( will keep hunting
phatbob 11:42 AM - 16 February, 2012
If you don't mind about the warranty definitely check eBay. I got my blue one for £340, local pickup. The guy had hardly used it!
djbanno 11:47 AM - 16 February, 2012
Did someone just say marble blue CV ?
phatbob 11:52 AM - 16 February, 2012
Hell yeah! I've bought a couple of the overstocks, so I've ended up with two pairs...
The Oldboy 11:59 AM - 16 February, 2012
ive got purple marble.

but theyre a bit scratched. oops
kristoff1986 12:13 PM - 16 February, 2012
hi, not sure im allowed to post links but if it helps fuck it

www.htfr.com
kristoff1986 12:15 PM - 16 February, 2012
ive got tons off stuff from htfr before, think i ight have even got my sl3 from them also many moons ago.
phatbob 12:33 PM - 16 February, 2012
Good call...
DJ Eazy B 12:34 PM - 16 February, 2012
I got mine from from the US a couple of years back for the same reason that i didn't want a blue box either, plus their are 2 designs of the SL3 so i also wanted to make sure i had the latest model.

Old model: www.woodbrass.com

New latest: img.sera.to

Also, on the upside, i got it a lot cheaper ordering overseas compared to using a UK retailer.
djbanno 12:54 PM - 16 February, 2012
It's funny, in Australia it's hard to find a red or blue SL3; black's basically the norm. why do i really want a red or blue one...
djbanno 1:03 PM - 16 February, 2012
***should read: Why do i REALLY REALLY want a red or blue one!!***
nicksubishi 3:47 PM - 16 February, 2012
don't think HTFR has any stock as they told me I had the last one on Monday and that was a blue one
2Seven 4:13 PM - 16 February, 2012
There's plenty of places in the UK that sell them, HTFR, Westenddj, Juno, Decks, the list goes on...
The Oldboy 8:00 PM - 16 February, 2012
HTFR is the worst!

2seven are you sure thats he black one and not the UK blue version? i've already checked juno and decks.co.uk
The Oldboy 8:01 PM - 16 February, 2012
Quote:
I got mine from from the US a couple of years back for the same reason that i didn't want a blue box either, plus their are 2 designs of the SL3 so i also wanted to make sure i had the latest model.

Old model: www.woodbrass.com

New latest: img.sera.to

whats the difference with these two?

Also, on the upside, i got it a lot cheaper ordering overseas compared to using a UK retailer.
The Oldboy 8:06 PM - 16 February, 2012
don't know if that quote worked. whats the difference between these two?
DjWoody 8:28 PM - 16 February, 2012
Quote:
don't know if that quote worked. whats the difference between these two?

The casing.
CMOS 8:39 PM - 16 February, 2012
www.google.com

There, now its black.
CMOS 8:39 PM - 16 February, 2012
Dammit, link fail:

cdn.head-fi.org
EdT2000 4:54 PM - 17 February, 2012
Here you go Oldboy:

www.getinthemix.co.uk

They also have the Blue version listed as in stock as well.
The Oldboy 11:20 AM - 19 February, 2012
ive tried so many places and they all said only the blue.

i've bought it from the US now!

if i want to use the power adapter with a US version will there be any issue? can i just put the UK head on the plug and use it? it's only 7.5v so it should be ok right?
The Oldboy 11:22 AM - 19 February, 2012
bloody hell i'm gutted i've seen that link now, everywhere said they no longer have the black!
DJ Eazy B 8:04 PM - 19 February, 2012
Quote:
ive tried so many places and they all said only the blue.

i've bought it from the US now!

if i want to use the power adapter with a US version will there be any issue? can i just put the UK head on the plug and use it? it's only 7.5v so it should be ok right?

phatbob answered this already:
Quote:
The power supply is universal, not a problem.
The Oldboy 8:50 PM - 19 February, 2012
thanks eazy b!
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:07 AM - 20 February, 2012
The offical UK dist. for Rane UK Is Senniehser UK

Try and contact them and see what the score is with the Black SL-3

Sennheiser U.K Ltd
3 Century Point
Halifax Road
High Wycombe
Bucks HP12 3SL
Tel: +44 (0) 1494 551 551
Fax: +44 (0) 1494 551 550