DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How many people think Z-Trip 62 will probably not sell well?

WhattaMac 8:24 AM - 9 February, 2012
Ok First, Z-Trip is a great DJ/TURNTABILIST and I am glad he got his name on a mixer, but who will actually shell out an additional $200 for some different colored knobs and some better RCA cables?

Not me.... But hey take a $2000 and get people to spend $200 for some yellow/purple knobs and some pretty ugly graphics along with some "upgraded" RCA cables that probably have a wholesale cost of maybe $5-8....

Hey Rane prove me wrong, post a percentage of 62 vs. 62z sales after one year.....
WarpNote 11:31 AM - 9 February, 2012
The difference is $100
Also you might get cheaper cables, but these will run you a little more...
www.neo-w.com
Rane, Support
Shaun W 8:24 PM - 9 February, 2012
d+ RCA > www.ratocsystems.com

d+ USB > www.ratocsystems.com

Prices per cable
pdidy 9:04 PM - 9 February, 2012
1. the Z-Trip mixer is an additional $100 not $200.
2. there are alot of people like myself who will buy the Z-Trip mixer simply because its a limited edition an will likely have higher resale value in the future.
3. the same was said about the 57 limited edition which i currently own. i now have buyers willing to pay more for mine than a regular 57.
4. nothing personal, but do you really think rane gives a rats ass about proving you wrong ?
WhattaMac 10:58 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
1. the Z-Trip mixer is an additional $100 not $200

2. there are alot of people like myself who will buy the Z-Trip mixer simply because its a limited edition an will likely have higher resale value in the future.
3. the same was said about the 57 limited edition which i currently own. i now have buyers willing to pay more for mine than a regular 57.
4. nothing personal, but do you really think rane gives a rats ass about proving you wrong ?

#3 - How much more than a "regular" 57? The ONLY way it will be worth significantly more money is if you have Z-Trip sign it...

#4 - I don't care if Rane proves me wrong or not because they will NEVER sell even half as many Z-Trip 62's as regular 62's but hey it is a "limited edition" for people that are sold on purple knobs and ugly graffics.. I guess..
pdidy 9:41 AM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
#3 - The ONLY way it will be worth significantly more money is if you have Z-Trip sign it...

Wrong, your personal opinion an preference is not allowing you to see the big picture. There are other reasons and none require a signature....lol You are thinking very closed minded here.

Quote:
#4 - I don't care if Rane proves me wrong or not because they will NEVER sell even half as many Z-Trip 62's as regular 62's

This comment does not make any sense because only a limited # of 62z' may be sold in the first place :). It appears you don't completely understand the concept behind the term "limited edition".
"limited edition - an edition that is restricted to a specific number of copies."

Your comment would be valid if we were referring to the term "special edition" and i would then agree with you.
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:45 AM - 11 February, 2012
1000 62Zs being produced.
monchi 10:57 PM - 11 February, 2012
^^^Not so limited huh!
pdidy 11:17 PM - 11 February, 2012
I consider that very limited. I would like to determine how many ttm57 were sold since they have been released. This would then put it in its proper prospective.
pdidy 11:24 PM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
^^^Not so limited huh!

Also when you consider there are maybe millions of djs in the world ......that number does not seem very so large anymore.,....:)
DJ Freebird 1:15 AM - 15 February, 2012
And where would one go to pre order the z-trip mixer? I can't find any retailer advertising a pre-order...
Frankie Glasses 1:23 AM - 15 February, 2012
AGI ProDJ
DJ_SHMOO-agiprodj 4:46 AM - 16 February, 2012
Quote:
AGI ProDJ

Thanks for the S/O Frankie. Today was pure chaos at agiprodj there will be some very happy DJ's in the next 48 hours with nearly every pre-order shipped today. There is still opportunity to land a Sixty Two Z, according to most recent info from our friends at RANE were hoping to see them around 3/1.
The Version Suicides 8:31 PM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
AGI ProDJ

Thanks for the S/O Frankie. Today was pure chaos at agiprodj there will be some very happy DJ's in the next 48 hours with nearly every pre-order shipped today. There is still opportunity to land a Sixty Two Z, according to most recent info from our friends at RANE were hoping to see them around 3/1.

I've worked with DJ Shmoo before.

He's the truth.
The Version Suicides 2:22 AM - 19 February, 2012
Quote:

Prices per cable

After finding the cheapest price on these cables online, it would make it worth your while to opt for the ZTrip Model.

You could always get a new skin for it if you didn't like the design, and you'd still be ahead a few hundred bucks.

Again, that is if you want the high end cables.

With the prices i've seen for the Z model at the moment, I'm giving it some thought.
DJ'Que 3:34 AM - 23 February, 2012
i would of got it but couldn't wait that longer. the price of the cables alone is worth it. im about to order the cables anyway. to see how good they are.
AVENUE 6:33 AM - 23 February, 2012
Hey guys if you care to know i really want the 62 but i wanted the cables so i am going to wait for the 62z to come out. I saw the cables at namm and wanted to get a pair there..
DJ Unique 7:39 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys if you care to know i really want the 62 but i wanted the cables so i am going to wait for the 62z to come out. I saw the cables at namm and wanted to get a pair there..

Could you just ask Ty to get you these?
Quote:

Prices per cable
The Version Suicides 3:29 PM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Could you just ask Ty to get you these?
Quote:

Prices per cable

Last time I was speaking with Shmoo about the mixer, the cables came up and he said they were going to carry them.

So let's hope that's true.
AVENUE 3:49 PM - 23 February, 2012
Yes we will.. One they are ready to ship...
DJ LDN 9:14 PM - 10 March, 2012
High performance RCA cables eh? USB cables that preserve analogue transients, and increase audio clarity? Whatever next?!

Anyone who believes that spiel is an idiot. Saying that, I'll make anyone a pair of "class Z" RCA and USB for only $400 - you choose the colour.
The Version Suicides 10:57 PM - 10 March, 2012
Quote:
High performance RCA cables eh? USB cables that preserve analogue transients, and increase audio clarity? Whatever next?!

Anyone who believes that spiel is an idiot. Saying that, I'll make anyone a pair of "class Z" RCA and USB for only $400 - you choose the colour.

Just a matter of opinion.

Some believe it doesn't matter which mixer you use.

Or which turntables.
DJ LDN 12:10 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:

Or which turntables.

Not really mate. Facts are facts. Copper is copper. Digital is digital.

Do you think that the worlds telecommunications companies are investing in d+ cables to run their broadband/telephone networks? What about the worlds most famous recording studios?

Quick someone get Eddie Kramer on the phone, I'm sure once he finds out what these d+ cables are about he'll want to remaster all Hendrix's albums with improved d+ sound.
You-Lee 12:27 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Or which turntables.

Not really mate. Facts are facts. Copper is copper. Digital is digital.

Do you think that the worlds telecommunications companies are investing in d+ cables to run their broadband/telephone networks? What about the worlds most famous recording studios?

Quick someone get Eddie Kramer on the phone, I'm sure once he finds out what these d+ cables are about he'll want to remaster all Hendrix's albums with improved d+ sound.

What's funny is you have people here dictating about what other people should be doing with their own $. Really? That's funny.
DJ LDN 12:29 AM - 11 March, 2012
I notice that the cable specs are no where to be found. What is the capacitance, impedance, and velocity factor of the cables?
DJ LDN 12:33 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
What's funny is you have people here dictating about what other people should be doing with their own $. Really? That's funny.

I'm not dictating to anyone. You spend your money on whatever you want. Any sound engineer knows the truth though, and it would be tragic for someone to fall for this snake oil marketing.
You-Lee 12:45 AM - 11 March, 2012
I am a sound engineer & understand what your saying, but your talking about $100 difference from the 62 & the 62z. It's not serious. Also at the end of the day any company will tell you their things do or are better because of xyz. You will find out eventually if you get whatever product they are trying to big up.
DJ LDN 12:50 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
I am a sound engineer..

Really? Where did you train? Or if academic - what are your qualifications?
DJ'Que 12:56 AM - 11 March, 2012
Pro sound stage & lighting sell's them now. T

There in the new mag on page 100 Funny Page $100 extra
The Version Suicides 2:14 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I am a sound engineer..

I'm pretty sure he just agreed with you, DJ LDN .

And then ask for his qualifications?

No one has referred to you as an "idiot" or asked you what your background is.

I respect your opinion, man. Ok?

Can we keep this civil now?
You-Lee 3:18 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am a sound engineer..

I'm pretty sure he just agreed with you, DJ LDN .

And then ask for his qualifications?

No one has referred to you as an "idiot" or asked you what your background is.

I respect your opinion, man. Ok?

Can we keep this civil now?

Thank you sir. It's civil. Lol I'm too old 4 that. My kids do that. ;) I only speak the truth & what I know about. Im not new to this game. Trust me... What we will have binary number fight and throw digital punches & kicks. That would be special. Lmao
You-Lee 6:59 PM - 20 March, 2012
OK Everyone. 62z are on the way... :-)
clickclickw00t 8:17 PM - 20 March, 2012
Honestly I really would love to know if there is an audible difference between the D+ cables (especially the USB one) and without it. I know its all digital, but could it be better?
WarpNote 8:35 PM - 20 March, 2012
Yeah USB is digital. The sound travels from your computer to your mixer digitally. That means theres either a signal or no signal. This USB will not sound better. Don't get me wrong, its a nice cable. And I have heard stories about faulty USB cables/cards creating static, but no, this usb cable wont change the sound output.

For the analog RCA's it could be argued that higher quality cables delivers a cleaner signal. Then again, Technics come with preinstalled RCA cables. And for controlvinyl/CD it doesn't really matter. If you were to play a regular cd, then maybe.... probably not though...

But they do look very nice, and probably great quality too!
HYDRO MATIC 8:40 PM - 20 March, 2012
Im with WarpNote on this one...

Were sending 1's & 0's to the mixer...cant improve on that. The USB buffer output is all pre the cable. And the control signal dosent seem complex enought to need higher headroom / dynamics that the audio cables would be delivering...unless you were coming out a "SL BOX"

Still wish I could cop the cables and put them to good use...
"/ just dosent seem to be any for me personally.
You-Lee 8:55 PM - 20 March, 2012
There are other factors as well. We all don't have the equipment and ears. At the end of the day everyone is djing with mostly mp3s. Most people are consumers ears and a mp3 is good enough to them. So how much better are you going to make something already water down. These days not that important & that's sad. Everyone is a engineer because they bought a computer a daw and some plugins.
clickclickw00t 11:14 PM - 20 March, 2012
If you're playing original vinyl I can see those d+ RCAs giving some kinda boost in quality, but for 320kbps mp3s? especially with the awful pitching that serato is known for? i bet you the guy who produced the track couldn't tell the difference between the two.
You-Lee 11:16 PM - 20 March, 2012
Exactly. They are playing mp3 even at 128 and swear its sound fine. Really?
AVENUE 11:26 PM - 20 March, 2012
clickclick you get your mixer?
WarpNote 11:34 PM - 20 March, 2012
My point is that even with 24 bit 96khz output files, the d+ USB would not make a difference.
And seriously, not so sure the rca's would either. I'd love to be convinced otherwise though...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:17 AM - 21 March, 2012
i really dont need the nice cables cuz i hide mine anyways ahaha <runs and hide>
clickclickw00t 2:33 AM - 21 March, 2012
Quote:
clickclick you get your mixer?

Ye Ramon I did. Thanks a lot. For some reason there were no vinyl in there. I spoke to Kevin and he sent some priority to me. You guys are amazing.
AVENUE 3:40 AM - 21 March, 2012
Sorry about that.. Glad Kevin took care of that for you. I guess we can keep him around. We are here for the customer man. :-)
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:50 PM - 21 March, 2012
The cables aren't going to make anything sound any better.
The expense of these cables was put into the design.
I have to say, after hearing how much these cables cost, I was kinda bashing on them. BUT, after actually using them I see the benefit and where the money was spent.
They have a rectangular shape to them which, along with their thickness, keeps them very tidy unlike the spherical shape on most cables which gets crimped, curved, and jumbled looking... especially over time.
They are super dope cables. I definitely wouldn't spend $250 on them but for an extra $100 along with a limited edition mixer? Yes:)
WarpNote 5:10 PM - 21 March, 2012
Agree Zach, was in no way bashing them, they look dope!
You-Lee 6:16 PM - 21 March, 2012
Yes Zach agreed
SiRocket 9:29 PM - 21 March, 2012
so stoked to be getting mine soon! my wholesaler said next week they are being shipped to him. So I anxiously wait :)
DJJorel 5:44 PM - 23 March, 2012
Just like what was said in the "62 is too high" thread....the cables aren't for everybody, but they obviously have some benefits. If someone wants to buy them...fine. Nobody should tell you how to spend your money...

Funtionally, Timex watches and Hublot watches are the same thing...but there are a lot of people in the world that will tell you that Hublots are worth every penny...
young3 6:46 PM - 23 March, 2012
Can't speak for other people but I think the sixty two Z looks sweet!!That's why I waited for the Z.I look at the cables as a added bonus!! Dealer I bought it from said I should be getting it in a couple of weeks. +1 (anxiously wait)
djskribeAZ 5:14 AM - 12 November, 2017
Well, considering the fact that Z-Trip has accomplished so much in the Dj realm, I would have to say his accomplishments alone would make me proud to spend more $$$... I mean damn, I would be pushing myself more to get where he is if I owned a piece of his legacy! Just me though, I am a HATER LOL!!!