Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Am planning to buy a laptop and am confused between Hp envy 14 beats and a mac

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Kalyango Billy 3:38 PM - 29 January, 2012
Am currently using packard bell duo core and am not getting the best especially with video mixing,given serato is releasing itch video in march i want to be spot on. I need help, Hp envy beats seems good,Mac also seems good 2 and better when it comes to viruses.serato please help me make decision..........
phatbob 4:00 PM - 29 January, 2012
If you want to do video the only smart move is to buy a MacBook Pro.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 11:46 PM - 31 January, 2012
Hi Kalyango Billy,

Follow this guide here> serato.com and if you're looking to run video, a dedicated graphics card would need to be part of the focus. Macbooks tend to be optimized for creative pursuits (Art/Music etc) moreso than windows-based laptops.

Hope that helps,

Mathew
Dave The One 2:51 AM - 2 February, 2012
Hp Envy14 Beats Edition kicks ass! I'm using it for Pro Tools 10 HD, Ableton Live, Propellerheads Reason and Recycle; all work flawlessly. I had to install asio4all drivers to get protools 10 HD to work with my internal sound card, other than that; this works solid; especially with Itch 2.1. I have the I7 2.2 ghz quad core version. Serato and Numark only list supported specs for dual core processors; ITCH NOR NUMARK SUPPORT QUAD CORE PROCESSORS; THERE ARE NO SPECS LISTED FOR QUAD CORE PROCESSORS; I REPEAT THERE ARE NO SPECS LISTED FOR QUAD CORE PROCESSORS WHICH TROUNCE DUAL CORE PROCESSORS; A 2.0GHZ I7 QUAD CORE PROCESSOR PERFORMS 49 PERCENT FASTER THAN A 2.8 DUAL CORE/CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR. HOWEVER SERATO NOR NUMARK SUPPORT NOR LIST SPECS FOR ITCH OR NUMARK DJ CONTROLLERS.

The caps are for Serato :) and Numark :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 3:58 AM - 2 February, 2012
understood Dave The One :-)

I've highlighted this with the support team.
Dave The One 4:06 AM - 2 February, 2012
Thanks Mathew. It may not seem like it but I'm in love with Itch; really I am. It's dope; works flawlessly. I had Serato Scratch SE for Protools and was heartbroken when support was dropped and focus was all on Scratch Live which is also phenomenal in it's own right; but the initial integration with Pro Tools and scratch SE was great. I still have the plug-in and it worked as of Pro Tools 8; I'm on 10HD now and haven't tried it.

Peace

Dave
Kalyango Billy 7:21 AM - 7 February, 2012
Thanks Dave
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 8:39 PM - 7 February, 2012
Kalyango Billy are you happy for me to close this thread off now? If you're wanting more input from other users I would suggest a post in the General discussion forum as it's more likely people will see it there :-)
Dave The One 9:13 PM - 7 February, 2012
Dint close it till we get a clarification on quad core processors.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 10:13 PM - 7 February, 2012
I've let the right people know about this, but I can't say when there will be an official word.
11:00 PM, 21 Feb 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.