Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Control Vinyl Tools::Vol 1-?

drizno 11:08 PM - 16 November, 2007
FYI
Control Vinyl Time Code Tone = B (just a hair sharp)

Sometimes I think my ears are ringing, or my hardrives are spinning akward,just from the sound of the stylus. Sometimes I forget the line/phono is on phono and I accidentaly play that unscratchable "beeeeeeep". forgetful me!

Not quite sure how it really works, I am wondering if there will be any other control vinyl sounds? Is it possible to transmit the time code and have other tones on other frequencies? I want an "aaaaaah" or "freeessssh" that lasts for 10 minutes.lol.I want my time code pimped.. how about a moog tone? I want to be able to flip that switch and just scratch my little heart out.

So my suggestion is: enough Serato users are producers as well; how bout a series of Control Vinyls that are also analog dj tools? Different dj/dj crews can release them with different graphics on the labels, etc. I like flipping through records. Integrate the two worlds. That way, you could go through different tools on different records and always have the Control Vinyl a needle drop and a flick-of-a-switch away.

Being honest, some things you just can't beat. The sound of scratching analog bass kicks and hits, and super slow scratches at -50% with analog vinyl are some of them.
cappinkirk 12:18 AM - 17 November, 2007
how about just a skratch record that has a small CV section to use for serato? i'm surprised that hasn't been made yet. the cv part doesn't need to be very large..it could just be on one side
Drapol1 1:52 AM - 17 November, 2007
I love that idea!!
drizno 12:20 AM - 18 November, 2007
well, i suppose if you were the beat-maker/skratch-battle type you could take the cd-version tone and incorporate it into your original scratch record.

i mean, it's just a tone, would that be copyright infringing?
cappinkirk 10:21 PM - 18 November, 2007
no
AKIEM 10:31 PM - 18 November, 2007
actualy it would be because the tone is not really just a tone, and it is copyrighted.
cappinkirk 2:42 PM - 19 November, 2007
mmm i stand corrected