DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New "Performance Series" vinyl

hersh20 3:58 PM - 27 January, 2012
whats the deal with these? Why are they "performance series"? are they different from all the other control records i have purchased before?
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:31 PM - 27 January, 2012
they make you scratch like qbert
Certified Quality Entertainment 4:58 PM - 27 January, 2012
lol..ill take 2! :)
Konix 5:07 PM - 27 January, 2012
Yes, the control signal is louder pressed on the vinyl, hence tracking will be better, and therefore scratching will be better. How much better, I don't know. I think they also said the plastic/vinyl used is better quality than the traditional ones.
hersh20 8:07 PM - 27 January, 2012
gotcha, did they do a press release on that or put that anywhere? just asking cuz i didnt see any info.
thanks konix.

BTW - Rane 62 ordered...BOOM!
DJ Garebear 8:30 PM - 27 January, 2012
What's the price difference for them?
DJ Garebear 8:30 PM - 27 January, 2012
This is my first time hearing about them
DJ GOOK 9:19 PM - 27 January, 2012
go here and ask away serato.com
FunkyRob 10:32 PM - 27 January, 2012
glow in the dark
serkan 10:40 PM - 27 January, 2012
I was considering getting them but as a DJ who plays 95% in his bedroom I think the +6dB louder doooooooooo... would really annoy the shit out of me.
str8nger 10:50 PM - 27 January, 2012
When do they come out I want to get me a pair
DJ GOOK 11:12 PM - 27 January, 2012
they are already out. regular black vinyl is 19.99 us and the glow in the darks are 59.99 us.
Go into the link then hit buy now. serato.com
DJ GaFFle 12:40 AM - 28 January, 2012
Quote:
they are already out. regular black vinyl is 19.99 us and the glow in the darks are 59.99 us.
Go into the link then hit buy now. serato.com

Looks like the GLow in the Dark vinyls are sold out or out of Stock.
lvmez 1:08 AM - 28 January, 2012
my GITD's shipped today.
KingxD 2:51 AM - 28 January, 2012
sold out quick but wow 70 for one CV...
thewevel 3:00 AM - 28 January, 2012
when are the performance series cds coming out?

lol
lvmez 3:10 AM - 28 January, 2012
Quote:
sold out quick but wow 70 for one CV...

it's for the pair which includes slipmats
DJ Dac 4:11 AM - 28 January, 2012
glows sold out a few days ago...
matt_b 6:26 AM - 28 January, 2012
jump to 26:00
www.ustream.tv
Deejaysk 6:42 AM - 5 February, 2012
Quote:
when are the performance series cds coming out?

I had a good laugh! ha!
nik39 1:45 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Yes, the control signal is louder pressed on the vinyl, hence tracking will be better, and therefore scratching will be better. How much better, I don't know. I think they also said the plastic/vinyl used is better quality than the traditional ones.

I feel like all the vinyls should be pressed this way, using the louder control signal. Why not?
djdannyd 3:14 AM - 7 February, 2012
I'm sure this is the direction they're going
Deejaysk 3:35 AM - 7 February, 2012
these seems like sold out. Any chance there will be more soon?
djdannyd 3:42 AM - 7 February, 2012
There are plenty more of the dark purple: www.stokyoworld.com
L2daGee 6:33 AM - 7 February, 2012
I'll wait till they're in local stores. I hate buying vinyl online, only to open the package and find them warped.
matt_b 6:55 AM - 7 February, 2012
never had the problem of warped vinyl from stokyoworld and stokyo jp.
L2daGee 7:11 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
never had the problem of warped vinyl from stokyoworld and stokyo jp.

I guess it's because of my location in central Texas, where it's hotter than the burning flames of Hell. Seriously 105 degrees Fahrenheit on the average.
dj_soo 9:50 AM - 7 February, 2012
there was a huge batch of serato records that shipped warped a couple years back - i remember everyone managed to get some at one point...
Deejaysk 8:29 PM - 7 February, 2012
I just able to order one Black Serato Control Vinyl and then when I tried again it went out of stock now. I could not order more than one. I wanted a pair. Looking forward to try this out.
sixxx 8:33 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
I just able to order one Black Serato Control Vinyl and then when I tried again it went out of stock now. I could not order more than one. I wanted a pair. Looking forward to try this out.

I believe they come in pairs.
djdannyd 8:39 PM - 7 February, 2012
Black CV has been out of stock for a little while. According to Stokyo they would have some up soon.
SER 182 3:44 AM - 15 February, 2012
Why the increase in cost? There is no need for the increase in cost of the vinyl. But I do want some.
damehype 3:56 AM - 15 February, 2012
It's $19.99 for the pair. No increase in price
djdannyd 3:56 AM - 15 February, 2012
The way I see it there are 2 reasons on the price hike.
1. Its been said that better materials are being used to manufacture these vinyl;
2. Stokyo are the only one selling the vinyl and no one else is so they can sell the vinyl at whatever price they chose to.
dj shadow from detroit 4:38 AM - 15 February, 2012
they will sell in twos where is the price hike?
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:39 AM - 15 February, 2012
new plastic
new colors
3 years research and development
exclusivity

and the fact that us sucker collectors will pay it
dj shadow from detroit 6:23 AM - 15 February, 2012
you get two for $20 normal black cv
SER 182 12:51 AM - 17 February, 2012
We are taking about the new performance series. At Stokyo the PS were 59.99.
These are not the regular records given.
djdannyd 1:42 AM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
We are taking about the new performance series. At Stokyo the PS were 59.99.
These are not the regular records given.

read the full description, you also get a set of slip mats which cost $35 so the vinyl set will cost you $25
djvtyme85 2:55 AM - 18 February, 2012
I love the new slip mats, I haven't really heard a difference until I played out. Just a tad sharper in response on a lounge system
sacrilicious 8:55 PM - 18 February, 2012
Quote:
I was considering getting them but as a DJ who plays 95% in his bedroom I think the +6dB louder doooooooooo... would really annoy the shit out of me.

lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:08 PM - 19 February, 2012
Umm...I need CLEAR ones....
Jiglo 10:03 PM - 12 June, 2012
I now own some of the new Performance Series vinyl and compared to a regular vinyl there's no noticeable performance gain. The green circle signal (in set up) is bigger, but i'm not getting a louder signal to the mixer when compared with older vinyl, and low speed cueing is still as terrible on my 2.5yr old mbp.

I'm now thinking about returning the 2 sets I bought as they don't live up to the hype.
djdannyd 10:06 PM - 12 June, 2012
bigger circles = louder signal. Low speed cueing IS definately better than 2.0 CV. Try recalibrating your scopes and give it another go.
Jiglo 10:15 PM - 12 June, 2012
Yep, that makes perfect sense that the vinyl has to have a louder signal from the vinyl to the box, but in terms of real world performance, I saw no gain when I gave it a good work out earlier. I'll get a second opinion tomorrow from a friend who also bought some from Juno. The scopes are calibrated as correctly as possible. Maybe my old SL1 box is the problem then with it's USB1 output.

For reference, which box or mixer are you using and have you tried the new vinyl?
djdannyd 11:55 PM - 12 June, 2012
SL3, TTM57SL & Sixty-Two
DJ Dub Cowboy 12:36 AM - 13 June, 2012
the new performance vinyl will have no effect on the output of sound from your serato interface. The louder signal means it tracks better and will last longer than version 2.0 vinyl, but it will not change how your files sound.
nik39 7:29 AM - 13 June, 2012
.... to add to what Dub said.. the SL1 is known to have a lower output volume than the SL2/3/4.
Nicky Blunt 7:47 PM - 13 June, 2012
Extra tracking = better skratching!!!1 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
BennyDigital 4:52 PM - 18 June, 2012
Got some. They feel of a much better quality to me, Nice and solid!!
lumas13 5:08 PM - 18 June, 2012
Are they phasing out the older ones
matt_b 5:10 PM - 18 June, 2012
as far as I know they are not.the performance series just might be a limited print
DJ'Que 5:11 PM - 18 June, 2012
I would think so.
lumas13 5:19 PM - 18 June, 2012
Have to get a few extra's
FunkyRob 6:06 PM - 18 June, 2012
were the ugly ass Jeremy Fish picture discs bootlegs?

I saw a pair on ebay today
FunkyRob 6:07 PM - 18 June, 2012
^^ oops, meant to post that in the "other" CV thread
matt_b 6:33 PM - 18 June, 2012
Funkyrob yes those are bootlegs. the only discontinue I know about is the performance Series Purples
DJ'Que 6:24 AM - 19 June, 2012
you really have your avatar as Tom Cruise.
hersh20 3:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
were the ugly ass Jeremy Fish picture discs bootlegs?

I saw a pair on ebay today

yea bootlegs, i have a pair, want to buy?
djdannyd 11:44 PM - 19 June, 2012
IBTL
str8nger 1:39 PM - 20 June, 2012
I just bought some last night and I honestly have to say my scratching improve, I do t k ow why but made it smoother to scratch on.
djdannyd 2:48 PM - 20 June, 2012
^^^Better signal, tracks better.
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:16 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
I just bought some last night and I honestly have to say my scratching improve, I do t k ow why but made it smoother to scratch on.

i want....last i checked i couldnt find them in uk tho...dammm
ced_so_thoed 6:41 PM - 20 June, 2012
ay
Stokyo is sold tf out. Where else can I order them from? I want yellow.
yep
FunkyRob 6:50 PM - 20 June, 2012
AGIProdj got em

www.agiprodj.com

Yep
ced_so_thoed 7:18 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
AGIProdj got em

www.agiprodj.com

Yep

ay
I typed in google and found it right before you posted. Thank you though. I'm gonna have an artist buy me a set since I promote him. Least he could do you know?
yep
Jiglo 9:14 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Try Juno, they're £20 for a pair and that includes free first class postage. That also works out cheaper than buying the older CV-2 vinyl.
s3kn0tr0n1c 9:53 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Try Juno, they're £20 for a pair and that includes free first class postage. That also works out cheaper than buying the older CV-2 vinyl.

nice one.....thx
2Seven 11:42 PM - 20 June, 2012
Did Juno stock the yellows? Unless i'm being dumb....www.juno.co.uk
WarpNote 5:41 AM - 21 June, 2012
Dont think so, maybe later?
Niro 7:49 AM - 21 June, 2012
Yup the records sound so good. It makes my 128 bit track sound like 320s. YOLO yo.
Joshua Carl 7:54 PM - 22 June, 2012
sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net

I DEF see a slight different in certain cuts that may have required a bit more sweat off my brow.
most noticiable chirps, especially fast ones.

on the older CVs the first couple of clicks were really to find the sound, then it was sometimes a tug of war to keep it perfect.

with the new ones its effortless. (coming from a vinyl background where it was there too, effortless)

to make sure I wasnt going crazy I went back and forth the first night i had em while waiting for the
finals to end, in my cans.... just comparing.
there is certainly A DIFFERENCE!
is it night and day? nope.... they claimed it would be though.

some of the more precise cuts that require very articulate record movments seem to be tighter.
Joshua Carl 7:55 PM - 22 June, 2012
*They NEVER claimed it would be....fixed
lumas13 5:39 PM - 27 June, 2012
Turntable lab came through with cheaper shipping, second set of gitd's
DJBlisk 6:10 PM - 27 June, 2012
yep
2Seven 6:32 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
yep

ay
Yo Blisk, you forgot the 'ay'.
yep
ced_so_thoed 7:01 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
yep

ay
Yo Blisk, you forgot the 'ay'.
yep

ay
he's learning. Anyway, I ordered some yellows from AGIPRODJ.com and FedEx tried to deliver but since no one was at home to sign, they took it back. So I have to go pick them up tomorrow from the FedEx place. Now here's the problem. Yesterday it was 107 degrees. Today will be the same. I'm afraid my shit will be warped. And if they are, I will demand FedEx give me a fully loaded with packages truck if they don't want a lawsuit. I need these hos now.
yep
djvtyme85 8:41 PM - 27 June, 2012
I work FedEx as a driver and there is nothing we are responsible for bc of you not being home. Your option is to have them sent to a FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos) or held if you know there a chance you won't be home. So basically if it's broke they aren't doing nothing lol. Besides if they are warped trust me they got warped waaaay b4 they ever got on the drivers truck. To unwrap them put them a crate in the middle of records until the crate is packed and leave them in there for a while. Does the trick all the time for me.
ced_so_thoed 8:54 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
I work FedEx as a driver and there is nothing we are responsible for bc of you not being home. Your option is to have them sent to a FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos) or held if you know there a chance you won't be home. So basically if it's broke they aren't doing nothing lol. Besides if they are warped trust me they got warped waaaay b4 they ever got on the drivers truck. To unwrap them put them a crate in the middle of records until the crate is packed and leave them in there for a while. Does the trick all the time for me.

ay
www.gifsforum.com
yep
FunkyRob 9:35 PM - 27 June, 2012
Another reason to ship your precious vinyl to your day job address. Assuming of course, that you do have a job.

yep
ced_so_thoed 9:37 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
Another reason to ship your precious vinyl to your day job address. Assuming of course, that you do have a job.

yep

ay
*head hangs low* I do not. But still. FedEx will hand over me a truck full of stuff ordered from QVC and HSN and as seen on tv shit. That's how I negotiate.
yep
DJ Dac 9:50 PM - 27 June, 2012
Its 115 out right now, thats why i dont buy records in the summer, but as long as they are packed well they shouldnt be warped...
ced_so_thoed 9:58 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
Its 115 out right now, thats why i dont buy records in the summer, but as long as they are packed well they shouldnt be warped...

ay
who do you get to deliver to hell?
yep
lumas13 10:09 PM - 27 June, 2012
FedEX delivered mines to Texas this morning
ced_so_thoed 10:12 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
FedEX delivered mines to Texas this morning

ay
where in Texas are you? I'm in Austin?
yep
lumas13 10:14 PM - 27 June, 2012
Killeen
ced_so_thoed 10:16 PM - 27 June, 2012
ay
Killeen? Shit I used to be out there. I did the 5'0 clock traffic jam on 92.3 from 09 through 11 and I did Club Rain when it was across the street from where it is now and when it went HAM. What's your dj name and where do you spin at?
yep
lumas13 11:05 PM - 27 June, 2012
I haven't spin since I left Germany
ced_so_thoed 11:24 PM - 27 June, 2012
ay
how long ago was that?
yep
DJ Dac 11:39 PM - 27 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ay
who do you get to deliver to hell?
yep

pretty much... i just checked the pool, 102 degrees...
ced_so_thoed 11:42 PM - 27 June, 2012
ay
oh you're in Phoenix. I've been out there before. It's not a bad heat. Out here it's a humid heat. You just start sweating. Next thing you know buzzards are flying around you. And you're like "bitch I ain't even laid down yet!!! Fuck from round me birds!!" True story. White people can be heard saying that in the parking lot of the Westin hotel.
yep
djaction 1:22 AM - 28 June, 2012
The new Scented Control Records have me intrigued.. i mean i guess theres a LOT of different scents they can use but is this really neccesary?
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:33 AM - 28 June, 2012
peach
vanilla
pink

yum
DJ Dac 2:46 AM - 28 June, 2012
haha, its true, its haboobing out right now, there is a 3000 foot wall of dust about to hit us, but its been humid the past two days, its horrible, nothing as bad as texas though, i think san antonio is the worst for that humid nonsense, i couldn't do it...
FunkyRob 10:58 PM - 28 June, 2012
Vagina Pinks would be awesome.
ced_so_thoed 11:25 PM - 28 June, 2012
Quote:
haha, its true, its haboobing out right now, there is a 3000 foot wall of dust about to hit us, but its been humid the past two days, its horrible, nothing as bad as texas though, i think san antonio is the worst for that humid nonsense, i couldn't do it...

ay
Houston is worse. And you will do it.
yep

Quote:
Vagina Pinks would be awesome.

ay
depends. What if they were pressed during menstrual time?
yep
DJ MAP 10:14 PM - 25 August, 2012
heres a review of the performance vinyls with a test Watchwww.youtube.com
nik39 5:42 AM - 30 August, 2012
Quote:
heres a review of the performance vinyls with a test Watchwww.youtube.com

That video is a misleading, cause most likely all the noise on the older vinyls (in this video) comes from an incorrect threshold setting in scratch live.
Joshua Carl 7:35 PM - 30 August, 2012
I can attest that certain cuts that require more precise, and slower and very fast movement do respond better on the new vinyls.

IE Chirps at really fast speeds, and very slow drags in the middle of a combo.
djdannyd 12:46 AM - 31 August, 2012
As long as the same "incorrect threshold" remains constant on both trials your results should be accurate.

I have noticed a difference. Awhile back I ran a similar trial with 3 types of control vinyl and 3 variant conditions, everything else remain the same. First, I "Backspin" a track, then I "Beat juggle" & last, I "Scratched". I used TCV, CV02 Serato CV and CV02.5 Serato CV.

Obviously, TCV failed with beat juggling and scratches [tracking indicator turning all red] and accuracy went to hell, specially on the cue marker [while beat juggling], while CV02.5 performed the best with the least "red" on the tracking indicator.
nik39 4:55 AM - 31 August, 2012
I didn't want to say that the new vinyls are not better, but portraying the last old vinyls as that bad as the guy did intln the video is wrong. The original cvs are definitely not that bad, unless you messed up the threshold settings. They track okay under the conditions that the dj in the video was using them!

For slow scratches the louder signal-argument explains why there is performance gain using the performance series vinyls (but that argument does not explain why they should perform better with fast scratches. Can anyone explain please?
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:31 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
ay
Killeen? Shit I used to be out there. I did the 5'0 clock traffic jam on 92.3 from 09 through 11 and I did Club Rain when it was across the street from where it is now and when it went HAM. What's your dj name and where do you spin at?
yep

What you did Club Rain???

I was stationed at Fort Hood from 2004 to 2009! Club Rain used to be the Isssh.....

Sometimes you'd find me at the hood club by Wild Country. They would always have police officers with Assualt Rifles outside at the end of the night! lmao!
DJ Barticus 5:02 PM - 31 August, 2012
new ones are much nicer...why do they still make and sell the old ones?
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:03 PM - 31 August, 2012
Quote:
new ones are much nicer...why do they still make and sell the old ones?

Cheaper? I guess.... But I am assume they will slowly phase them out and just sell whats in stock till it runs out.
WarpNote 3:36 PM - 1 September, 2012
Quote:
(but that argument does not explain why they should perform better with fast scratches. Can anyone explain please?

Maybe going from super slow to super fast would be better with the performance vinyl ?
not sure myself...
Joshua Carl 12:22 AM - 2 September, 2012
thats what I was eluding to in my review...
when doing something like a very fast chirp/slow tear combo it see,s to react more accurately.

also platter stops and back spins are LOADS better.

I sometimes end my set with a 1/16th to 1/32 loop + power down & echo....
with the cv2 once the rpms get too slow...its pointless.
with the PS I can drag that out nicley for a smooth exit.
ced_so_thoed 3:22 AM - 2 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

I was stationed at Fort Hood from 2004 to 2009! Club Rain used to be the Isssh.....

Sometimes you'd find me at the hood club by Wild Country. They would always have police officers with Assualt Rifles outside at the end of the night! lmao!

ay
yeah you're talking about City Lights which is now Spurs. At Rain it was Double 6, then DJ Butter, then me. Then they got shut down by TABC and I left.
yep
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:54 PM - 2 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

ay
yeah you're talking about City Lights which is now Spurs. At Rain it was Double 6, then DJ Butter, then me. Then they got shut down by TABC and I left.
yep

You part of the DJ group? Definition DJs?
Hassle 6:03 PM - 2 September, 2012
Quote:
I sometimes end my set with a 1/16th to 1/32 loop + power down & echo....
with the cv2 once the rpms get too slow...its pointless.
with the PS I can drag that out nicley for a smooth exit.

do you use keylock when doing that?
Joshua Carl 6:59 PM - 2 September, 2012
I Try to remember to shut it off...
truth be told, i remember 3/4 times I do it....

Texas side bar.
I was Ft Sam for quite a few years as well.... but didnt get to get out much during that time
(Pre-deployment training)
beatdigger 2:24 AM - 10 September, 2012
Got mine from Amazon the other day.
Both vinyl's were warped.
Sent em back.
I'm bummed.
No stores have them locally. Amazon is now sold out of the ones I want.
Dang it.
C
Joshua Carl 3:03 PM - 10 September, 2012
Ive heard buying them from 3rd party vendors is a bad look.
Best bet is go right through Stokyo.

Same thing with the CV2, The only place Ive seen have them, other than Stokyo
and they WEREN'T warped is Rock & Soul in NYC.

info@rockandsoul.com
(Just say Joshua Carl said I better not get Warped records!)
LilSwann 3:29 PM - 10 September, 2012
Quote:
Ive heard buying them from 3rd party vendors is a bad look.
Best bet is go right through Stokyo.

Same thing with the CV2, The only place Ive seen have them, other than Stokyo
and they WEREN'T warped is Rock & Soul in NYC.

info@rockandsoul.com
(Just say Joshua Carl said I better not get Warped records!)

Ordered mine from DJCity and they were in great condition. Plus I got that pool discount :D
beatdigger 4:03 PM - 10 September, 2012
Well they were being offered on Amazon via TurntableLab so I figured I was safe. Thanks for the tips though.
Alcane 11:58 AM - 10 October, 2012
I find my 2 x black Performance series control vinyl seem to be better quality (although I never had a problem with my previous control vinyl). These also seem to be a heavier pressing, much like a 180gm record.

As you now receive two records in the pack, this is great value. I also appreciate the new minimal label designs.
ced_so_thoed 11:19 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ay
yep

ay
yep

You part of the DJ group? Definition DJs?

ay
no. DJ Hypnotic and DJ P-Funk are though
yep
bandoma 11:57 PM - 10 October, 2012
ay

i just got some glow in dark ones. they're much better. i had a dirty needle and the tracking bar was 3/4 red.

when this happens with my old cv, the sound gets all garbled and distorted. it didn't happen on these new performance ones.

skratching sounds better too!

yep.
Joshua Carl 12:02 AM - 11 October, 2012
so, shot in the dark here....

does this mean, for the CDJ people if they burn out CDs at an increased volume they will get better performance
(Truth be told I wouldnt be able to tell the difference either way)

but I keep a pair of "in case" cds in my bag.
is the new tone going to be availible for download like the last one was/.
WarpNote 6:03 AM - 12 October, 2012
Not so sure about that Joshua, if you look at the scopes when using cd, the circles are way larger compared to using vinyl. Could be a fun experiment though.
Joshua Carl 4:19 PM - 12 October, 2012
yeah, I dont ever use them.... soi really wouldnt know.... just a thought.
ced_so_thoed 11:31 PM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
ay

i just got some glow in dark ones. they're much better. i had a dirty needle and the tracking bar was 3/4 red.

when this happens with my old cv, the sound gets all garbled and distorted. it didn't happen on these new performance ones.

skratching sounds better too!

yep.

ay
dl.dropbox.com
yep
WarpNote 2:08 AM - 13 October, 2012
Quote:

Trust me, it happens with the performance series as well. However, they seem more "robust", ie will take more dirt before garble kicks in. All in all, pretty satisfied with these performance vinyls. Still I like my old vinyls too :D
Hassle 5:41 PM - 13 October, 2012
I just got a pair of black ones yesterday. The sound is definitely better doing slow drags.

They're heavier too, yeah. I have to get used to them a little bit, they need more force to spin back when juggling n stuff so I re-installed good ol' baking paper underneath the slipmats.
Dj Wunder 6:19 PM - 13 October, 2012
Quote:
I just got a pair of black ones yesterday. The sound is definitely better doing slow drags.

They're heavier too, yeah. I have to get used to them a little bit, they need more force to spin back when juggling n stuff so I re-installed good ol' baking paper underneath the slipmats.

wax on wax on wax

wax on wax on wax
lumas13 8:00 PM - 14 October, 2012
Did all of the PS initially come with the slip mats ?
Niro 8:52 PM - 14 October, 2012
Nope, it was an either or package.
nik39 10:21 PM - 14 October, 2012
Did anyone have any issues with warped or "bowled" performance series vinyls?
Joshua Carl 2:18 AM - 15 October, 2012
nope,,,,, ^^^

i sent a pre-order email to stokyo and asked what to do if i got them warped.
and they said they'd take care of em if they showed up warped.
Ive got 5 pairs.... all are as flat as calista flockhart
monchi 2:19 AM - 15 October, 2012
Most people who got warped ones were from 3rd party. Stokyo has sent me all flat and perfect Cvs.
Rory Heath 11:38 PM - 18 October, 2012
NEW COLORS!!
Joshua Carl 12:03 AM - 19 October, 2012
thanks.... just picked up Pink and Blue!
(also Red & Green avail now!)
DJ'Que 5:03 AM - 19 October, 2012
New colors banging

There goes $100
DJ Tracktion 5:06 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
There goes $100

lol...damn unexpected expenses
Daktyl 5:21 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Did anyone have any issues with warped or "bowled" performance series vinyls?

i got the deep purple from guitar center and they were warped from day 1.....
djdannyd 1:23 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
New colors banging

There goes $200