Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Ripping DVD Videos

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL 1.2.0
Scratch Live 2.3.3
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
District of Chase 12:57 AM - 18 January, 2012
Ok, so I acquired a shit load of DVDs with music videos. How do I convert these to MP4 format so that I can use them with Video-SL?
DeeJay Fingers 1:02 AM - 18 January, 2012
serato.com

there you go :)
District of Chase 1:13 AM - 18 January, 2012
Thank you very much.

That was fast. Let me see how well this works. I'll get back to you after a couple test runs.
DeeJay Fingers 1:19 AM - 18 January, 2012
your welcome, trust me you wont be disappointed :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:46 AM - 18 January, 2012
Hey District of Chase,

Let me know how you get on.

Sam.
2:01 AM, 18 Jan 2012
District of Chase attached a file: Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 9.00.37 PM.png
View· Permalink
District of Chase 2:02 AM - 18 January, 2012
Ok, I keep running into this screen/issue/problem (see pic)

It says that it doesn't recognize the VLC, but I downloaded VLC and have it open.
DeeJay Fingers 2:43 AM - 18 January, 2012
i cant see the pic
District of Chase 12:21 AM - 19 January, 2012
After a few mishaps, I figured it out and was able to successfully rip the videos from a DVD (a Nas video compilation). Needless to say, my friday night set is going to be AMAZING!

Thanks for all of your help guys.
District of Chase 1:20 AM - 19 January, 2012
While I still have your attention, I do have another question/issue.

last week when I rolled out my Videos at my weekly gig, i kept running into problems with the projector showing the videos.

The first time it was the projector not recognizing my computer/secondary screen, although my secondary screen and computer continued to recognize that the projector was connected. With this issue, the projector just kept saying that it could not locate the source (my computer). This was rectified by restarting the projector.

Later in the evening, the communication between my computer and projector was interrupted again, this time causing my computer not to recognize the projector, as evidenced by my screen adjusting and readjusting each time the projector was recognized or disconnected.

Do you guys have any advice, tips, tricks that you can share to help with this issue?
phatbob 1:29 AM - 19 January, 2012
What kind of connection are you using?
District of Chase 1:36 AM - 19 January, 2012
HDMI
phatbob 1:44 AM - 19 January, 2012
Most projectors have a setting where you can force it to stay on one input rather than auto-switch. That might help, but that's all I can think of.
District of Chase 2:15 AM - 19 January, 2012
Thanks. I'll check to see if that helps.