Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

New Serato Video for Scratch Live and ITCH

7:00 AM, 17 Jan 2012
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djpuma_gemini 7:13 AM - 17 January, 2012
It's a free upgrade from Video-SL
RH FACTOR 7:13 AM - 17 January, 2012
Nice. Was wondering how long till the controllers were going to be video compatible. (numark)
dub:kush 7:13 AM - 17 January, 2012
Learn to Read :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:16 AM - 17 January, 2012
You can't READ! and wow looking good!
Solidsnake 7:16 AM - 17 January, 2012
Read closer... FREE =\= pay for it separate
Solidsnake 7:17 AM - 17 January, 2012
"Enrich your set with audio responsive effects, including bass zoom and splits, that are controlled by analyzing the music signal."

Awesome, can't wait
DJ Unique 7:19 AM - 17 January, 2012
Awesome.
More choices pour moi.
Ikhan 7:19 AM - 17 January, 2012
U think it will beat MixEmergency?
Dj JesC 7:20 AM - 17 January, 2012
ME is gonna get a run for its money. Any info on how to be on the beta team?
Solidsnake 7:23 AM - 17 January, 2012
"Utilize 3rd party controllers with Serato Video’s MIDI control in Scratch Live."

I sold my V7's a while back, but... I can hear the cries already.
Mr Wilks 7:29 AM - 17 January, 2012
I'm impressed... Iwas betting on video upgrade this year for NAMM to my flatmate due to the recent activity and a comment on a post from Serato that I made a month ago.

Winner!!!
Mr Wilks 7:31 AM - 17 January, 2012
Oh, and I've been playing with Video SL and my Itch controller recently. Works well!
selkie 7:32 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
"Utilize 3rd party controllers with Serato Video’s MIDI control in Scratch Live."

and ITCH? we won't be able to use midi? we will have to buy new controllers for video?

Or is only a wording thing to prevent anouncing midi for itch?

I hope is the 3rd one
selkie 7:32 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Oh, and I've been playing with Video SL and my Itch controller recently. Works well!

which controller?
Mr Wilks 7:36 AM - 17 January, 2012
... And although I'm happy its coming to Itch, the description is just Video SL features. At least I can use it in Itch now but there isn't anything new for an existing Video Scratch Live user?
DJ Mafia 619 7:36 AM - 17 January, 2012
Nice......!!!
I was kind of stuck with the Denon MC6000 for a year....
Due to SSL was the only one supporting Video..
Time for and upgrade.
Bye Bye Denon...
Welcome Pio SS1...:)
Mr Wilks 7:37 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

which controller?

I've MIDI mapped Twitch and it works a treat.
selkie 7:38 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

which controller?

You could map the strips? do you use an external mixer? do you use another pair of players (cds, tts?)
Mr Wilks 7:39 AM - 17 January, 2012
I think they will natively support the video like they did with the sampler.
selkie 7:39 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
... And although I'm happy its coming to Itch, the description is just Video SL features. At least I can use it in Itch now but there isn't anything new for an existing Video Scratch Live user?

It has visuals... it modifies the visuals with sound control (turning the bass knob)... it has direct output for using with an external video mixer... that's new?
Mr Wilks 7:41 AM - 17 January, 2012
I couldn't map the strips but they aren't a part of video SL anyway as they are SL. The part that is video is the faders and FX dials.

At least now we get a better experience and I'm happy now!
Cesar 7:42 AM - 17 January, 2012
I was debating whether to buy M.E. or Serato Video SL this past Christmas when it was on sale for $99. Now I'm really happy I made the right decision. Thanks Serato for rewarding your loyal users!!!
DJ Mafia 619 7:50 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
I was debating whether to buy M.E. or Serato Video SL this past Christmas when it was on sale for $99. Now I'm really happy I made the right decision. Thanks Serato for rewarding your loyal users!!!

Cesar,
I even contacted INKLEN to ask them if they could match the price of $99 for VSL that Serato is offering, They said NO> .

At this point I'm glad Serato made AUDIO, VIDEO..... PARTYTIME...!!!
Mr Wilks 7:50 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It has visuals... it modifies the visuals with sound control (turning the bass knob)... it has direct output for using with an external video mixer... that's new?

For anyone that he a Serato mixer like the Sixty Right or TTM then the MIDI fx are there and mapped. Those that don't get to play with bass split and zoom etc but not colour fx that drop rgb to the bass mid and top.

External mixer seems the only "feafure" and handy if you have multiple outputs on your laptop.
Eloy Garcia 7:57 AM - 17 January, 2012
I'll stay with my MixEmergency.... this sounds like Serato is trying but might do what they have been doing for the last 2 years. Nothing! MixEmergency is the way to go now Serato Video, Serato will give us a update now and then let us hang for 2 or 3 years for an update!
selkie 7:58 AM - 17 January, 2012
I'm very happy, and can go to sleep now with a big, big smile

THANK YOU SERATO,

WE LOVE YOU
dj big chopps 8:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
Keep the updates coming...
dj big chopps 8:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
Keep the updates coming...
SKA 8:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
Can anyone give a valid reason as to why ME users should use video serato? Thanks
SKA 8:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
Can anyone give a valid reason as to why ME users should use video serato? Thanks
Phil3345 8:08 AM - 17 January, 2012
Is it going to work with Lion?
Oh and Thanks to the Serato guys .I called them before buying Video and asked them about this new video.They didnt confirm it was coming but promised that I would get the free upgrade.
Happy Man now hurry up March!!!
DJ Tecniq 8:11 AM - 17 January, 2012
When will "existing" VSL customers be able to download this "FREE" update in march? I'm friggin' stoked! Hope it doesn't corrupt my mp4's.
DJ Ted 8:22 AM - 17 January, 2012
damn...love getting the news...now cant wait for march...
DJ M-Killa 8:23 AM - 17 January, 2012
Thanks serato. Glad I made the right decision when I bought the video plugin on sale.
I'm looking forward to getting this new plugin.
Mattatya 8:38 AM - 17 January, 2012
Very cool to see this update and knowing Serato is always good for updates this is above and beyond allowing "upgrade" for free when they usually do "updates" for free.

Also they announced early as you can still download Video SL for $99 till the 19th and upgrade when available.

Thanks again Serato for keeping us on your side ;)
deejay-motiv 8:41 AM - 17 January, 2012
Churrr!!!
DJ SOUTH 8:43 AM - 17 January, 2012
I Like My Mix Emergency........
But If This New Release Fixes Alot Of The Issues With The Current VSL And At Least Compares With Mix Emergency Featues (As Of Now) I Will Give It A Whirl But Like I Said I Am Very Happy With Mix Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!
Lexdiggy 8:49 AM - 17 January, 2012
Glad I copped VSL this week for $99
DJSIN1980 8:50 AM - 17 January, 2012
And will it be reading .vob files yet?
Code:E 9:05 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
And will it be reading .vob files yet?

I doubt it. But maybe.
I would say lets all wait for NAMM and im sure there wil be vbloggers all over the serato booth getting the answers to all of our questions.
Mr Wilks 9:07 AM - 17 January, 2012
I can't see it reading the .vob container. It contains very little in the way of upgrades for V-SL which doesn't read them, but you never know!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

which controller?

You could map the strips? do you use an external mixer? do you use another pair of players (cds, tts?)

Sorry... I use CDJ's, TT's and a Pio DJM-600 mixer but was hoping for full Twitch intergration!
DJRUFIO 9:21 AM - 17 January, 2012
I take it I still won't be able to use this with my 909...
Code:E 9:23 AM - 17 January, 2012
only if your 909 has midi.
do they have midi? i dont know.
DJM900 all the way :)
Lexdiggy 9:28 AM - 17 January, 2012
Does this mean that whitelabel will start providing videos soon?
Ayo8 9:30 AM - 17 January, 2012
Serato Video VS MixEmergency.......hmmmm. Might be time to actually put the 57's video buttons to use!
Proto J 9:46 AM - 17 January, 2012
why don't y'all put some of this effort into finally improving key lock, which has sounded the same (horrible) since you implemented it in 2007?

seriously...
Ayo8 9:49 AM - 17 January, 2012
Hopefully something stable too like when MixLaunch restarts ME for you automatically. I'd hate to have Serato crash completely and have to reboot :/
DJ Fokus Tokyo 10:13 AM - 17 January, 2012
Good business model.
Now at least they can start makin money from updates.

As an optional upgrade for people who don't need video, like myself, this is a great way to keep itch lean. I like it.

Now if Serato could make some effect plugins that we could midimap, that would be a treat and I would buy that type of plugin for sure!!
DJSi UK 10:56 AM - 17 January, 2012
So not really any new features to shout about, still no where near as impressive as ME. Only really benefits people with Itch who can now use video. Hope they got something more exciting than this at Namm!!!
DJ Dollar 10:59 AM - 17 January, 2012
So no more VSL updates, so the $ 179.00 I spent for Video SL is WORTHLESS !!!!! What a CROCK OF SH**, Now im buying Inken MIX EMERGENCY, ALOT BETTER PRODUCT and FREE UPDATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
You thick? This is a free update!
dj pierre amador 11:45 AM - 17 January, 2012
I Can't wait for the update. i was kinda upset though when VSL went to $99 bucks when i bought it a few months before the price drop. O_o lame... but very excited for the free upgrade! =) White label Videos? Will there be? lol I doubt. excited for March!!
Phil3345 11:49 AM - 17 January, 2012
I wonder if the people @ N.I. will ever release a video version,not that I would change but vj'ing is becoming big business and they r missing a trick
selkie 11:59 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
So no more VSL updates, so the $ 179.00 I spent for Video SL is WORTHLESS !!!!! What a CROCK OF SH**, Now im buying Inken MIX EMERGENCY, ALOT BETTER PRODUCT and FREE UPDATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't you read? the update is free for current users
TealONE 12:39 PM - 17 January, 2012
Am i wrong or is

"Utilize 3rd party controllers with Serato Video’s MIDI control in Scratch Live"

the only new feature of Serato Video compared to Video SL (except ITCH support)?
dj kevy kev hit jamz 12:49 PM - 17 January, 2012
Just last week I was thinking about doing video mixing.let see how it work with the NS6.
DJ BALO 1:03 PM - 17 January, 2012
After reading this, my only question is: Will it be able to record you video mix like M.E. does? That's the only thing I didn't read.
dj jamalot 1:08 PM - 17 January, 2012
Glad I bought it for $99.00 however I wish it would be a little more stable now bcuz it crashed my 2.8 ghz Macbook Pro and it never crashes in the mean time I'm glad I kept my Dvj 1000's bcuz none of them output like real dvd's and the audio from promo only slapps on their dvd's Nuff said.
daddyo 1:10 PM - 17 January, 2012
Nothing new here gents. VDJ has this for several years no extra $
Jim Kelly 1:15 PM - 17 January, 2012
Yeah! Finally video support for controllers!
lpc 1:19 PM - 17 January, 2012
Video for itch????? seriously? wheres the bridge ?
djkulo 1:31 PM - 17 January, 2012
Finally video support for Itch!
VJ DOMINIC 1:46 PM - 17 January, 2012
f**king finally :D ... Its about time... THANKS SERATO!
djrg 2:00 PM - 17 January, 2012
If they are saying Serato Video will be available for purchase in March, does that mean that it will have an earlier release for current Video-SL users to download??
Dj AAC 2:04 PM - 17 January, 2012
Perfecto una herramienta mas, Gracias Seratoato
Dj AAC 2:05 PM - 17 January, 2012
Serato!!!
DJ Pee 2:49 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
U think it will beat MixEmergency?

That's the $149 question..... but i guess its worth a try. I knew smthing was up when VSL discounted to $99....
DjAlex-Newark 3:08 PM - 17 January, 2012
my best investment ever...VSL
ColoradoDNA 3:17 PM - 17 January, 2012
Props to Serato, this has been a long time coming, I'm glad I can now use my NS6 using Itch for Video DJ'ing instead of lugging two CDJ's and a mixer running full Serato Scratch.

And I'm glad Video will be an upgrade to -SL, not a new program to buy :) Good Job!
dj genius 33 3:32 PM - 17 January, 2012
whats the sense if itch with my ddj-s1 still does not work.......when i turn on the s1 the software crashes.......makes no sense......
ToddLarBoy 3:49 PM - 17 January, 2012
Maybe now that it supports BOTH platforms from Serato we can finally get some new features. Some of us older VSL users have been waiting on feature update for a LONG LONG time
DJ Xio 3:55 PM - 17 January, 2012
It was about time... Thank you SERATO!!! :)
prosten 3:59 PM - 17 January, 2012
do i have to buy a rane mixer or with wich midi controllers will this work also ?
Jimco 4:03 PM - 17 January, 2012
Does anyone know if you will be able to move the video displays up by the decks like ME allows? I always want to leave my video-sl open but it takes too much away from my library.
dj m.a. 4:07 PM - 17 January, 2012
Awww I just got mixemergency which like. And also had video sl so for a free upgrade I will sure give it a shot. Video sl forcloses a lot on me tho
djriches 4:10 PM - 17 January, 2012
interested... but no so excited considering im already a vsl user. Doesnt seem like much of a change. We shall see.... Is there something im missing?
DJ Munkie C 4:31 PM - 17 January, 2012
Its about time that Serato VSL tries to catch up to Mix Emergency.
DJ JP2011 5:44 PM - 17 January, 2012
If it doesn't allow me record a live video mix, not interested. ME isn't perfect, but it takes all of the hassle out of recording a video mix.
dj geoffro 6:07 PM - 17 January, 2012
sounds an awful lot like VSL. how bout a record option, or some newer features we haven't seen yet?
DJRICCIRICH 6:08 PM - 17 January, 2012
man, I can't believe I see people bitching already! Everyone on the itch side, have been waiting for a very long time...bugging Serato to implement video with itch....they finally do it, and some people still complain.

I realize there are probably some people on here who work for mix emergency and are trying to plug the product, but come on man....

Serato, thank you for your hard work...I guarantee you, the majority of everyone is loving life with your great addition! Keep up the great work!
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:13 PM - 17 January, 2012
I'm just hoping this new version means they will now do more updates and start to play catchup with me. Good news for people wanting to use a controller on video gigs tho.
luiscript 6:36 PM - 17 January, 2012
No syphon support?
Mix It Loud 6:36 PM - 17 January, 2012
I think this is great. Thanks Serato. I do have one question. Let's see if I can ask it clearly. If I have Video SL for Scratch Live already, will the same plug in purchased for Scratch Live work on my other Itch Controller and software (in March) or do I have to purchase a new plug in for $150 for Itch? I get that for Scratch Live, I will get a free upgrade in March. Another words, if a DJ has both Scratch and Itch and wants video for both Scratch and Itch, is that $300 ($150 for each) or $150 because the same plug in will work for both Scratch and Itch?
Depending on above answer: Also, for the next couple of days, if someone purchases Video SL for $99, does that mean that person will have a video plug in for both Scratch and Itch worth $150 in March? If that is the case, that is a greta deal! I hope this question is clear. thanks in advance for the answer.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:41 PM - 17 January, 2012
^ your best bet is to e-mail this question to support@serato.com
RICHIERICH702 6:48 PM - 17 January, 2012
Thanxx for the good news ,,cant wait till march,,,serato is number one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,RR
DJFLEX83 7:00 PM - 17 January, 2012
any news on beta?
Dj Sizl 7:06 PM - 17 January, 2012
Is it compatible with all Itch controllers???? I have the NS7/NS7FX
DJ Mafia 619 7:40 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
I take it I still won't be able to use this with my 909...

Pio DJM 909
Doesn't Support MIDI.
I personally owned it.
DJ Mafia 619 7:42 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
why don't y'all put some of this effort into finally improving key lock, which has sounded the same (horrible) since you implemented it in 2007?

seriously...

I guess is not as crucial, or maybe not enough requests for it...
But I'm with you on this one..
DJ Mafia 619 7:44 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:

Read the whole article Pal, it says FREE upgrade for registered VSL users.. :)
DJ Mafia 619 7:50 PM - 17 January, 2012
I THINK EVERYBODY IS MISSING THE WHOLE POINT ON THIS....

VSL user can stay with SSL and their actual set-up....

For those than been waiting and ASKING for Itch to support video, HERE IT IS...!!!!
NOW,
YOU CAN BUY AN ITCH CONTROLLER AND PLAY VIDEO....

ITS ......THAT....... SIMPLE...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJJayceeSteele 8:08 PM - 17 January, 2012
I agree with most coments. I actually have both VSL & ME, the one feature that sells me on ME is that you can record your set w/o slowing your computer down, recording all your midi movements and pulling your video files from where they are tgo render the mix in a resolution that you can select. With VSL its runs native with in serato & now hopefully itch. I have pioneers and TTM57SL and also an NS6 itch is OK @ best and the sound from the TTM57SL is far cleaner but kudos for Serato lets see how ME responds to this. Gotta tell you I really enjoy the FREE transition they are constanly adding on the mix emergency site. lets see where this goes...
DJ IRONMAN 8:21 PM - 17 January, 2012
I totally love this!!! No more lugging heavy tables to the gig and more creativity at my fingertips!! Serato you came though finally!!
DJ Tecniq 8:45 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
only if your 909 has midi.
do they have midi? i dont know.
DJM900 all the way :)
DJM700 works just the same ;) Love it!
xxVOXxx 8:49 PM - 17 January, 2012
I thought the ability to scratch video with control records was already in Video-SL? I was hoping to be able to use my Rane TTM-56 to scratch video but it doesn't seem possible because there's no way for ScratchLive and Video-SL to know where your crossfader position is unless you have a TTM-57 or other controller right?
jeffnickell 9:01 PM - 17 January, 2012
Any ddjs1 update???
Tore2ga 9:03 PM - 17 January, 2012
If yu don't already have Vsl purchase it now for 99$ then get te free update for serato video for free and save some money
DJ Mafia 619 9:09 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
I thought the ability to scratch video with control records was already in Video-SL? I was hoping to be able to use my Rane TTM-56 to scratch video but it doesn't seem possible because there's no way for ScratchLive and Video-SL to know where your crossfader position is unless you have a TTM-57 or other controller right?

As long as your controller has a mappable crossfader you can assign it to VSL.
And use one of your mappable buttons to select and deselect if you want to link the Crossfader,
(Thats what I do on my Denon MC6000
DJ Mafia 619 9:10 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
If yu don't already have Vsl purchase it now for 99$ then get te free update for serato video for free and save some money

Yup... SMART :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:12 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
If I have Video SL for Scratch Live already, will the same plug in purchased for Scratch Live work on my other Itch Controller and software (in March) or do I have to purchase a new plug in for $150 for Itch? I get that for Scratch Live, I will get a free upgrade in March. Another words, if a DJ has both Scratch and Itch and wants video for both Scratch and Itch, is that $300 ($150 for each) or $150 because the same plug in will work for both Scratch and Itch?

A single purchase of Serato Video will unlock the plug-in for both Scratch Live and ITCH.
deejay-motiv 9:13 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
If I have Video SL for Scratch Live already, will the same plug in purchased for Scratch Live work on my other Itch Controller and software (in March) or do I have to purchase a new plug in for $150 for Itch?

+1

Realising that the license is only for one computer! I use Itch these days because of portability of the controllers, but use SL & VSL when video is needed - but would probably switch to just Itch if I had the chance (and I could map my sixty-eight to still work video midi on Itch)
deejay-motiv 9:13 PM - 17 January, 2012
Never mind! Thanks ChrisD
dj ductape 9:58 PM - 17 January, 2012
Do you guys really think that after their failed attempts at video sl and itch that this will be an improvement? The mere fact that it works with itch lets me know this will be another serato fail. I love SSL but think about it. Video sl is unstable, itch is so unstable that i cant professionally use it, so somehow this is the cure all? Serato will not even respond to my itch support tickets lmao. Buy ME, never worry about it again and then be free to love plain old SSL.
deejay-motiv 10:10 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Do you guys really think that after their failed attempts at video sl and itch that this will be an improvement?

Never had a problem with VSL or Itch running on an HP Pavilion or on a Mac, so I have no reason to think this will be a fail . I've also never had a problem running Itch or SL on any of my main DJ laptops either and I'v e been using both pretty full on, aside from gigs just a tonne of practice sessions at least every other day.
Dj2R 10:17 PM - 17 January, 2012
Will it record you video set internally?
DJ Mafia 619 10:36 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Will it record you video set internally?

That Would Be NIce....
Dj Tony Morris 10:46 PM - 17 January, 2012
Sounds like the samething thing we have now on Video SL
whats the diffrents?
Mr.Nice 11:29 PM - 17 January, 2012
Yo, have I missed something? Other then this working with Itch is seems like it just a shorter name for Video SL??
serkan 11:50 PM - 17 January, 2012
Is it right I'm actually experiencing people who write in forums/blogs who are not able to read?! You must be kidding me!

Will it record?
No. You don't think that would've been announced too?

What's the difference to V-SL?
You can use it witch ITCH.

What's the difference for SL users?
Multiple output, audio responsive effects, offline video player, file management, more effects with text and images. You should really read (and understand!) this > www.serato.com

Why would you have to pay for the upgrade if you are an existing V-SL user?
Seriously?

Why didn't have they done The Bridge for ITCH, better effects, better key lock instead?
Well: what about recent surveys, forum messages, DEMAND?
What would people ask if Serato had done one of the mentioned updates first?
Right... Why The Bridge/effects/key lock/whatever instead of video.

I'm sorry guys but I just can't stand how plain stupid some people can be!

@ Serato:

You guys rock. Extending the V-SL sale and announcing Serato Video 2 days before the offer expires? This is like you donating $50 to everyone going onboard with Serato Video... that's awesome and yet fu**in' crazy!

And since the offer is up until January 19 and NAMM starting the same day the people will even get more info/detail on the feature list before purchase. Really nice.

@ all:

Please let us all be patient since some are asking for beta and crying out loud for March already.
I'd say:
Serato, please make it even April but don't do the same huuuge mistake you did with ITCH 2.0 just a couple months ago!!!
DJ Mafia 619 11:50 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Yo, have I missed something? Other then this working with Itch is seems like it just a shorter name for Video SL??

Thats what I been saying...
DJ Mixman 77 12:01 AM - 18 January, 2012
I just skipped to the bottom to post this question, so maybe someone has asked the same question or not, but my question is.........'Will Serato Video work on MAC OS X Lion? I have the Lion install ready to go on my MacBook Pro but I have been unable to install it due to Video SL not being compatible with OS X Lion yet. Most of my gigs are VDJ gigs so if Serato Video is compatible with OS X Lion then that would be awesome.
Sterling 12:18 AM - 18 January, 2012
I love it, a group passionate about VIDEO DJ'ing (those commenting about)....and pushing for a better product! That's what I really see here. VIDEO DJ's demanding better products, customer service, and not to be left out of the loop...MOVING FORWARD WITH PROGRESS!
djhecktik 12:47 AM - 18 January, 2012
I can't wait to test this bad boy out!!
dj tripp d 1:05 AM - 18 January, 2012
Awesome news!! Can't wait till its available for download. Video mixing will become the new standard being this affordable. Why just mix audio when you can have video at no extra work. Plus I can use my NS7? My 1200's are gonna get real dusty soon.
Code:E 1:45 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
Awesome news!! Can't wait till its available for download. Video mixing will become the new standard being this affordable. Why just mix audio when you can have video at no extra work. Plus I can use my NS7? My 1200's are gonna get real dusty soon.

Not to hate on you or anyone stoked about this.
But this new Serato Video just took a big chunk out of my competitive advantage.

Now us DJ/VJ's who do this for a living not only have to train club owners what a good dj sounds like and can do for there club, but we also have to teach them what a good VJ's video sets look like, and what extras we can do for them with it.
deejay-motiv 1:57 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:

Not to hate on you or anyone stoked about this.
But this new Serato Video just took a big chunk out of my competitive advantage.

Been happening to DJs the world over dude. I'm competing against guys with Hercules midi controllers, or even just a laptop and Virtual DJ and they're charging a quarter of what my standard fee is ... and unfortunately it takes a bit to teach a club or bar owner the difference between the few of us who actually mix, scratch and remix live and the guys clicking sync on a software programme and nothing more.

I've been tempted to host a local DJ comp just to show up the pretenders - hey Serato, would you be prepared to sponsor a Central Otago/Queenstown/Wanaka comp :) this part of the world barely even knows you exist, let alone are only a 1.5hour flight away from us!
erivera941 2:08 AM - 18 January, 2012
I see all the spec's but as mentioned early in the blog does it record like ME....
DDoubleJ 2:21 AM - 18 January, 2012
What does this do for people who have TTM and VSL doesnt look like much.
Will it allow you to record your Video Mixes?
Will it allow you to set the video mix to random so the mix effect is not same every mix?
Will it add or allow you to add more mix effects?
ME already does all of these without updates.
I have been using TTM andf VSL for 2 years +, and still find myself needing to to buy ME.
I have been waiting for Serato to come out with something to compete with ME, but it doesnt look like this is it, 180 bucks to the competitor, looks like this is just a patch to make the current old software work with ITCH and not a feature upgrade to existing users.
Mr Wilks 2:40 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
looks like this is just a patch to make the current old software work with ITCH and not a feature upgrade to existing users.

Totally true. The upgrade to V-SL users is that we get a name change and separate video outputs in the case of us having multiple outputs on our graphics card (not so hot for laptop users?).

I think someone mentioned earlier that there is going to be audio responsive effects along with file management and offline player... but they are already in Video SL.

As far as we know yet (as specs haven't been released), it's a name change and a plug-in that now works for Itch, as all other features (apart from one) are already there for existing V-SL users.
I'm happy though as now i can 'slice' the video in Twitch :)
Maskrider 3:06 AM - 18 January, 2012
Why March?
Solidsnake 3:08 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
Why March?

Public Beta first?
Code:E 3:23 AM - 18 January, 2012
Probably no public beta. Hopefully some of us forum contributors will be invited to the beta. if they even do one before march release.
DJ_Elvis 3:35 AM - 18 January, 2012
Love that there will be update but the main feature I would want is still missing. The ability to capture your video mix (or create some kind of meta file that can be rendered after).

The integration with Ableton might be a way to make this work.
Solidsnake 3:40 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
Probably no public beta. Hopefully some of us forum contributors will be invited to the beta. if they even do one before march release.

There could be a BETA with us users that use both ITCH and SSL and currently use Video-SL in SSL...

/poke

pick me! pick me! haha
DJ Loop 3:49 AM - 18 January, 2012
I am glad this will work with Itch. I was afraid I was going to have to buy Virtual DJ. By the way I am using an older version of Itch since I tried the newer version I did not like the screen layout. Is it possible to have the upgrade without the mixing console being moved around?
dj medi 3:57 AM - 18 January, 2012
Would this program play karaoke. I own Video-SL and I have been waitting on my request regarding karaoke files.

DjMedi
Solidsnake 4:05 AM - 18 January, 2012
It cannot do CD-G files unless you convert them.
Deejay Splash 7:29 AM - 18 January, 2012
wow...@ last..its here after a long wait..mmmh ..more gigs now more money,i cldn't get on Tv..i like the 1st ITCH than the new one..
Jah bless
Dj iZac 8:44 AM - 18 January, 2012
Oh my freakin god! I never knew the day would ever come where I could use itch with video mixing! This has to be the flippin' best news of the year!!!!
KJT 9:26 AM - 18 January, 2012
Regardless of what some folks think. There is no huge demand for DJs that mix video.
That's what MTV is for. Don't fool yourself! I. sold my set of DVJs a long time ago. Not
knocking anyone but partygoers go to clubs to dance to the sound of a good music.
They won't. be standing there marveling at your video scratching skills. They will
not even pay attention to your video screens. They are only there to drink and dance.
Period! They can view music video at home. I have been in professional mobile
entertainment for over 25yrs and still don't see a real benefit of video mixing in a club
setting. With that said I think I myself may find use for it in a wedding gig. Good luck
though to you guys that can effectively master it. Be original! Like another poster said
earlier. It's more to it than hitting sync. Do you have a video background? What will make
the way you play video different than what we already see on our cable channels.
I firmly believe that if video djing was becoming popular, major players like Pioneer
would be all over it. Instead they haven't introduced a video product in a number of years.
Now ask yourself. Why is that?
Deejay Splash 10:28 AM - 18 January, 2012
Sound cool KJT..
Luis Funes 1:49 PM - 18 January, 2012
Ive been waiting to sync video with Itch for so long...Do I need a controller ?? as serato scratch needs a rane sl....Does Itch will need something else for running serato video?
magfox131 2:06 PM - 18 January, 2012
at LAST PERMISSION GRANTED SERATO ITCH HAS VIDEO PLUG-INS !!!! il put to sleep my VDj
yassin montiel 2:12 PM - 18 January, 2012
que formatos soporta,cuanto costara, y cunado saldra.
yassin montiel 2:12 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
que formatos soporta,cuanto costara, y cuando saldra.
selkie 5:23 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
que formatos soporta,cuanto costara, y cunado saldra.

Mp4, $150 dolares, marzo 2012
DJ Branca 6:51 PM - 18 January, 2012
Yes fellas Serato is the Number one Scratch and MIX D.V.S. Serarato Video is TRUE in March y " Serato Video is a FREE upgrade for existing Video-SL customers" The best.
Paulo Neilor 11:35 PM - 18 January, 2012
Beautiful for video VJs and entertainment. djneilor. in Brazil.
DJ-Phat-AL 12:11 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
Regardless of what some folks think. There is no huge demand for DJs that mix video.
That's what MTV is for.

MTV? Really? Maybe in the 80's! Lately it is all dumb reality shows.

Quote:
I. sold my set of DVJs a long time ago.

Good... that is OLD technology compared to using digital.

Quote:

Not knocking anyone but partygoers go to clubs to dance to the sound of a good music.
They won't. be standing there marveling at your video scratching skills.

True... but not everyone scratches video... some of us are doing EDM video sets where there is no scratching at all.... so... the EDM fans still love the SOUND of good music... but are also loving the VIDEO that goes with it...

Quote:
They will not even pay attention to your video screens. They are only there to drink and dance. Period!

Not everyone dances... some are there for the atmosphere. I have kept people in a bar longer because of the videos... thus generating more sales for the bar... that is the bottom line for bars... making $$$

Quote:
They can view music video at home.

Where? MTV again...? you are so funny...

Quote:
I have been in professional mobile entertainment for over 25yrs and still don't see a real benefit of video mixing in a club setting.

two things... Mobile is not the same as Club... so 25 years in MOBILE isn't the same as the same experience in CLUB settings... I actually have roughly the same years in experience in BOTH settings... so I do see the benefit. I have been programming video content in mobile/club settings for 12 years now. It is the future... embrace it!

Quote:
What will make the way you play video different than what we already see on our cable channels.

Come to Vegas and you will see... and cable channels? again... LOL

Quote:
I firmly believe that if video djing was becoming popular, major players like Pioneer
would be all over it. Instead they haven't introduced a video product in a number of years.

because they are a HARDWARE company... and ... well... digital is going to be more SOFTWARE based... jus sayin.....
Code:E 12:19 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
They will not even pay attention to your video screens. They are only there to drink and dance. Period!

Not everyone dances... some are there for the atmosphere. I have kept people in a bar longer because of the videos... thus generating more sales for the bar... that is the bottom line for bars... making $$$

+1

Thank you Phat al for ripping that guys argument apart. He obviously has no sense of reality , or what its really like in the club scene. Its funny to see mobile guys say they know what the club scene is like. they really just have no clue.
Though i will say the best club dj's come from a mobile background or still do mobiles on the side.

Quote:
Quote:

because they are a HARDWARE company... and ... well... digital is going to be more SOFTWARE based... jus sayin.....

Ummm. aren't we on a thread right now talking about a new video product? Hardware is playing less and less a roll in a DJ setup and Software is doing all the work now. So companies are still putting out video products if you look in the right place.
Code:E 9:41 AM - 19 January, 2012
I really Hope this new serato Video supports 4 decks. anybody else looking forward to that?
Mr Wilks 12:23 PM - 19 January, 2012
Did anybody notice in the Skratchworx article... “Serato Video is great evolution in our video development,” explains Sam Gribben, C.E.O. of Serato. “After a long time reworking the architecture, video has a better workflow, and even more importantly, a great foundation for future development. We’re very excited to be able to offer video to ITCH customers for the first time.”

I interpret the words "video has a better workflow" to mean "a redesigned interface for easier use".

Also the words "a great foundation for future development" seem promising as now they have Itch users on board with the video antics, Serato Video will be not left to simmer in the background.

As D:Ream in the 90's once proudly proclaimed... "Thiiiings can only get betteeer" :)
DDoubleJ 7:29 PM - 19 January, 2012
One more thing missing that ME has, auto assign random ambient to MP3 files in the middle of the a mix. and now here comes the ttm62 time to upgrade.
djjust_ice 7:30 PM - 19 January, 2012
i will get the ttm62
Khleef 9:31 PM - 19 January, 2012
i don't see the need myself!!! if your good you don't need video PERIOD! I'm just saying
Khleef 9:35 PM - 19 January, 2012
you can't get em to dance better have em watch lol i keep em dancing lol. but you guys do what works for you! if i lose a step or two, or forget how to read a room i'll add video, until then i'm cool.
deejay-motiv 9:40 PM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
i don't see the need myself!!! if your good you don't need video PERIOD! I'm just saying

Being good has nothing to do with it. I can do with video what I can do with music. I also remix my own sound and video - I don't do a lot of video gigs, but I do get asked for it ... and people PAY for it. In fact, my first video gig covered the cost of VSL easily.
Khleef 10:24 PM - 19 January, 2012
I'll buy that and i have been asked myself! but i does not change my point! i have benn in the biz a long time and some of my friends make 1500 a night doing videos!

can any one of you that think video works! honestly say you rock harder with video? NO you can't unless your not that good and need the help of tv!

i only do it cuz i love it and i'm very good so i don't need video, but like i said to each it's own. i personally think a strong dj will never need video
Khleef 10:32 PM - 19 January, 2012
if i have offended any one i apologize. i was only stating my opinion! i work with security and bartenders and move the crowd like cattle lol! whenever i go out visiting if the dj's really good i never look at the monitors and if he sux i watch all night! i just think if you got good hands and know how to read a crowd two tables and a mixer is all you will ever need!! no lights no fog no dancing girls no video.
a true dj needs no gimmicks!! again do what works for you and have a good time doing it!
P_KNoW 11:51 PM - 19 January, 2012
Who pissed in Khleef's Corn Flakes?!?!
P_KNoW 12:40 AM - 20 January, 2012
But for real though.. I need to be able to record my Video mixes and if Serato introduces an upgrade after I drop the $179 on ME.. Im going to be BEYOND PISSED!!! Come on Serato!!! Give VSL or this new thing Record options ALREADYY!
Deejay Splash 5:39 AM - 20 January, 2012
Great! How do i get the NS6 Case'odyssey' to Nairobi Kenya...
ITCH, Good job.
richie p 12:29 AM - 21 January, 2012
Can't wait to upgrade. Video Sl was on sale for 99.00
DeeJaySpicee 3:51 PM - 21 January, 2012
Pls hw can i possibly upgrade my NS6 serato ITCH to serato Video ITCH? Thanks
toeknee0628 11:17 PM - 21 January, 2012
what about all of the v7 owners like me? how will we be able to mix video

sn# i got my hopes up too soon
djdavechicago 3:00 AM - 26 January, 2012
I guess the new upgrade but I been using virtual dj at the factory strip club here in chicago and the video mixing with the effects is off the chain. and being able do stream live video with the plugin with my web cam.on 15 big projector screens throughout the club and the net its off the chain cant beat it.
Dj Tony Morris 4:48 AM - 27 January, 2012
still sounds like the same plug-in that we have already the only thing it works with itch.
they to add when you dont have a video something comes up on the screen like virtual Dj.
and MixEmergency..... wish i had a Mac i would switch to MixEmergency more to offer from what i see
Baseshot 6:48 AM - 27 January, 2012
Seriously? An add on fee to "unlock" a video feature? Having bought into the serato system and paying the not-so-inexpensive licence fees (lets face it, the hardware and technology are cheap so basically most of the fee is for the licensing on using it) I feel entitled to get this type of basic add on as a courtesy of the company for picking their product over the many others on the market.

What is this? AVID in 1998?

Nickel and diming us with add on features is an Old mentality that has long faded. Charging different rates for different audio gear (the different sound card options) makes sense. You get a different set of tools but for some reason when it is software based and you are separating it out and locking down features with a toll booth to unlock them really just makes the user feel like all you care about are the greenbacks and that is just sad. Why don't you just incude developing new features into your initial buy in pricing structure and then let everyone use it instead of making us feel like you are squeezing us for a toll booth payment. just my 2 cents on good brand management. Too bad this move makes Serato feel a little cheap to me, as a brand that is.
Mr Wilks 4:10 PM - 27 January, 2012
I had no issue paying for a plug-in like Video SL. It's an add on just like a plug-in for most professional software like Ableton Live or Adobe Photo Shop. Most good VST's are chargable.

Video SL isn't part of Scratch Live and that's the way it should be. If you want it, you can pay for it as it's not part of the normal program.

What I would like to see though is them to open up bit so developers can write plugins. Access to data from SL could lead to many fun ideas implemented.
selkie 5:59 PM - 27 January, 2012
Quote:

What I would like to see though is them to open up bit so developers can write plugins. Access to data from SL could lead to many fun ideas implemented.

This
vj ram 6:05 PM - 27 January, 2012
what formats are acepted for this new plugin?
any special compression?
BoboMV 8:07 PM - 27 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This

Yup!
dj Madinina Crazy 8:17 AM - 28 January, 2012
great i'm waiting for it.
DJ B.A.M.N. 3:08 PM - 28 January, 2012
im waiting for the public beta. im just ready to start testing and learning my way around the features and everything else
hssounddj 5:37 PM - 28 January, 2012
This is for all the DJ’s complaining about paying for add on’s and upgrades. Plugs-in cost money to make! They just don’t appear out of no where. You have to pay a programer to develop the software. It cost money to service and upgrade too. They have to pay someone to read all those email questions and answer the phone when the user is having a problem.........I have an idea. Why don’t you charge at leased the going rate for your services (Instead of chariging next to nothing) then you won’t have to steal your music on line and tell developers of software they should be giving you everything for free for life.
DJ B.A.M.N. 6:04 PM - 28 January, 2012
Quote:
This is for all the DJ’s complaining about paying for add on’s and upgrades. Plugs-in cost money to make! They just don’t appear out of no where. You have to pay a programer to develop the software. It cost money to service and upgrade too. They have to pay someone to read all those email questions and answer the phone when the user is having a problem.........I have an idea. Why don’t you charge at leased the going rate for your services (Instead of chariging next to nothing) then you won’t have to steal your music on line and tell developers of software they should be giving you everything for free for life.

+100
Dj DudleyX 6:19 PM - 28 January, 2012
And When The Bridge For Itch ?
mxnmach 6:40 PM - 28 January, 2012
I am truly amazed on all the complaints there are in this forum about video using Itch and wanting the next big thing...YOU SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF WHINING LITTLE GIRLS COMPARING WHO HAS THE BEST BARBIE! Get a grip! It's not that serious. Look, Serato is in the business to make money and customer satisfaction. Period! If it wasn't for Serato, we would still be lugging tons of scratched records. Serato has done so much for the DJ community and they've listened to us about video using Itch so stop the whining! Options are a big thing for me when it comes to DJ equipment and Serato has done exactly that and they are still re-inventing the wheel. Also, as far as CLUB VS. MOBILE, the goal is to entertain and get paid not which is better. Every DJ is unique to their own style video or not!
Dj shevytee 8:06 AM - 1 February, 2012
Happy new month to you all.........cant wait to see seratovideo mixing
DVJ HURRICANE 1:18 PM - 1 March, 2012
ok march is here where the update if i don't get it soon the rane 62 is going back!!!!!jack
Xfade 2:15 PM - 1 March, 2012
The Public beta is out.. so it should not be too long...
dvj twice 4:48 PM - 5 March, 2012
GinSoul 12:34 PM - 6 March, 2012
Hello guys,

I am using "Serato Itch with VCI300" and "Scratch Live with Serato SL 2".

Right now I want to buy a Video SL plugin and therefore I have some questions:

- Can I free upgrade to "serato video" for ITCH-VCI-300 when I purchase the "video sl" just for the purpose to use it afterwards on itch-vci-300. I mean is the upgrade independent from itch/scratch
- Can I use this upgrade on both products or just on one of them
- will midi-mapping for external video controls for itch possible? Otherwise: how can i control video options?

Greetz
Ginsoul
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:55 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
- Can I free upgrade to "serato video" for ITCH-VCI-300 when I purchase the "video sl" just for the purpose to use it afterwards on itch-vci-300. I mean is the upgrade independent from itch/scratch

Yes, the upgrade is independent of ITCH or Scratch Live

Quote:
- Can I use this upgrade on both products or just on one of them

A single installation of Serato Video will work with both ITCH and Scratch Live

Quote:
- will midi-mapping for external video controls for itch possible? Otherwise: how can i control video options?

The channel faders and cross fader for each controller are pre-mapped for Serato Video. MIDI mapping for other controls will not be available at the time of release.
DJEZKI 2:10 AM - 9 March, 2012
I don't think it has been answered but, can someone running the beta version inform us if it allows you to record your own video mixes? And if so, what's the quality and format it does it under?
Code:E 7:41 AM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
I don't think it has been answered but, can someone running the beta version inform us if it allows you to record your own video mixes? And if so, what's the quality and format it does it under?

you can't.
djfrecuencia 4:25 PM - 12 March, 2012
we are in march 12 already by wen tho plug in be a-viable ?????
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:36 PM - 12 March, 2012
It is now in beta go and download it. Obviously it will be released when it is stable and most bugs sorted.
djfrecuencia 6:25 PM - 12 March, 2012
We're I can download from ?
Code:E 8:59 PM - 12 March, 2012
the downloads page....
DJAJ916 6:19 AM - 13 March, 2012
March 13, 2012 and there's still no serato itch video.
seems like i might as well just invest in other Video mixing products since Serato is ..... yeah
Solidsnake 9:14 AM - 13 March, 2012
Serato is... What? On schedule? The beta was launched like was said... It's still March, nowhere did they say a final release would be up for download March 1st lol.
GinSoul 11:53 AM - 13 March, 2012
Funny everybody is loving Apple and this guys NEVER give release days...They just make surprise releases and when a other company like Serato says "we release in March" people start bitching at the half of the month. i think they will release it on the Frankfurt Musiktrade which is 21-24 March. So keep calm guys and listen to my mixes ;) But by saying we will release in March the serato guys should have known that there are always people which are expecting that this would be the 1st March. this is NOT the best marketing strategy I have ever seen...
DJ B.A.M.N. 12:06 PM - 13 March, 2012
come on everybody should no by now that when release given they are not set in stone and can be pushed back. Be happy that they released the beta which assures us they are working towards a stable release..... i would rather have a stable release than a buggy "we had to meet the release deadline" type of plugin or software. Come on people hang in there its barely the middle of march
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:41 PM - 13 March, 2012
it's now in RELEASE CANDIDATE so only show stopping bugs will be fixed now, So very close to release now.
DJAJ916 10:39 PM - 16 March, 2012
march 17, and still nothing.
DJ B.A.M.N. 7:57 PM - 17 March, 2012
are u not reading the forum...... download the release candidate
DJAJ916 7:17 AM - 26 March, 2012
any time soon serato video coming out?
its almost end of march......
DJ TeeOh 4:48 AM - 1 April, 2012
So here is a question for the masses....some mixers are midi BUT they can only control the audio OR a mid function. Not both at the same time. I remember there was a LINK button in Video Sl to link audio & video.... If i have a mixer like it mentioned above, can i just hit the link button and it will do both? I havent bought the mixer just yet. And im waiting to hear from the company too. The 57 just costs so much and if this mixer can do the same thing MINUS the software, then im golden.
Xfade 9:03 AM - 1 April, 2012
No, You can not, the link button is to deactivate the video from fading... You need a mixer that does both, can't use the software to make that happen :)
Code:E 7:05 AM - 2 April, 2012
Quote:
So here is a question for the masses....some mixers are midi BUT they can only control the audio OR a mid function.

Incorrect. Mixers with Midi send out MIDI and do all the audio settings at the same time all the time. Never just one or the other its always both.

the link dosen't make it work, you still need to midi map the controls. the link buttons just turns off the control once mapped.

But a used DJM800 or something like that.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:34 AM - 2 April, 2012
Code e your wrong cheap ass mixers like berigner (how ever you spell it) can do audio or midi not both.
nik39 1:23 PM - 2 April, 2012
Quote:
Code e your wrong cheap ass mixers like berigner (how ever you spell it) can do audio or midi not both.

Correct, some can't do both. Weird? Yes.
Code:E 8:02 PM - 2 April, 2012
Quote:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im ok with being told im wrong! and I have never used a beringer (that has MIDI) but omg thats a good reason to never toch one.... they are shitty mixers to start off with and that info gives me more reason to believe it.

I wouldn't expect all cheap ass mixers to be like that, I have used some cheap ones in the past with MIDI and they all worked like the Pioneer line of mixers. Where MIDI functionality and Audio functions both work all the time and have no bering on how the other functions.

Just another reason to not cheap out on your DJ gear....
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:30 PM - 2 April, 2012
I agree any company that makes a mixer where you can not use audio and midi at same time is abit well SHOCKING.
Mr Wilks 1:42 AM - 3 April, 2012
Isn't there an Itch controller that can't do MIDI and audio too? I'm sure I read it somewhere? Earlier Vestax?

Maybe I was day dreaming? Not sure.
nik39 7:02 AM - 3 April, 2012
Not all Behringer are incapable of doing midi and audio at the same time.
Tequila Dj 7:59 AM - 3 April, 2012
i updated from video sl to serato and it says that i'm blacklisted what??!! .. i have a proof of my purchase .. any help from yall
Serato, Support
ChrisD 8:31 AM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
i updated from video sl to serato and it says that i'm blacklisted what??!! .. i have a proof of my purchase .. any help from yall

Email support@serato.com. The support guys will look into it.
Tequila Dj 9:55 AM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Email support@serato.com. The support guys will look into it.

>>>>> i've tried to contact them but no help i called the support too and no reply .. am i doing something wrong??
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:24 AM - 3 April, 2012
Where did you buy video-sl from?
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:59 AM - 3 April, 2012
Here is what serato say do

The Video-SL serial number you are using has been blacklisted by Serato

This serial number has been checked multiple times by our serial checking system. If you are the rightful owner of the plugin, please email support@serato.com with your serial number and proof of purchase/evidence of Video-SL product.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SERIAL NUMBER ON THE FORUM
Tequila Dj 9:55 PM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
Here is what serato say do

The Video-SL serial number you are using has been blacklisted by Serato

This serial number has been checked multiple times by our serial checking system. If you are the rightful owner of the plugin, please email support@serato.com with your serial number and proof of purchase/evidence of Video-SL product.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SERIAL NUMBER ON THE FORUM

The video sl I bought it from agiprodj.com

And yes I already did all that I send them the proof of my purchase

But on the description I told them I lost my serial number well my box of the video sl

And I haven't got a replied from them!!!

Do they take a lot of time to reply or is there is something that I'm doing wrong????
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:05 PM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
Do they take a lot of time to reply or is there is something that I'm doing wrong?

Support are very busy at the moment.

I see that you have a Help Request open. They WILL attend to it. Honest.
DJ TeeOh 2:24 PM - 7 May, 2012
Well as for mixers….i bought a Reloop IQ2 midi mixer. After speaking to DJ Angelo (there lead sponsored DJ) and a few of the techs….I was told it can do midi and audio at the SAME time. Now that i received it, I can't get it to do it. The mixer is incredible. Seriously check one out. It's just like the Rane 57 BUT for Traktor. It has a built in sound card, usb, midi, phono lines, cd lines, timecode, on board effects, and every single button/ knob is midi mappable. I dont use traktor but this thing is great for Serato too. Not to mention there are 16 maps you can customize PER CHANNEL. Fader is amazing, EQ is amazing…..love it but the midi thing is pissin me off.
DJ Loop 1:54 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Thank you Phat al for ripping that guys argument apart. He obviously has no sense of reality , or what its really like in the club scene. Its funny to see mobile guys say they know what the club scene is like. they really just have no clue.

Though i will say the best club dj's come from a mobile background or still do mobiles on the side.

Quote:
Quote:

Ummm. aren't we on a thread right now talking about a new video product? Hardware is playing less and less a roll in a DJ setup and Software is doing all the work now. So companies are still putting out video products if you look in the right place.

Actually Pioneer did come out with a video mixing console last year. The system is really nice. Not very user friendly. Also the Pioner setup is $9K! Yeah Serato is the way to go if I can get mine to work 100 percent without freezing up. I am sure it's some update or driver conflict.
DJ TeeOh 5:03 AM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Well as for mixers….i bought a Reloop IQ2 midi mixer. After speaking to DJ Angelo (there lead sponsored DJ) and a few of the techs….I was told it can do midi and audio at the SAME time. Now that i received it, I can't get it to do it. The mixer is incredible. Seriously check one out. It's just like the Rane 57 BUT for Traktor. It has a built in sound card, usb, midi, phono lines, cd lines, timecode, on board effects, and every single button/ knob is midi mappable. I dont use traktor but this thing is great for Serato too. Not to mention there are 16 maps you can customize PER CHANNEL. Fader is amazing, EQ is amazing…..love it but the midi thing is pissin me off.

**New update. Reloop fixed the firmware for their midi mixers so now they are SSL compatible. For $500 the IQ2 midi mixer is a great deal. I've used it for almost 6 months now. Battles, clubs, and studio….the mixer is solid. Now that it runs SSL it's perfect.
DJ Loop 4:50 AM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

which controller?

Are you able to mix the videos from your controller or do you have to move the vide0 transitions via your mouse on the screen.
Thanks,
Matt
eatsleepEDM 6:20 PM - 12 November, 2012
nicee
DJ Loop 6:50 PM - 12 November, 2012
I can not mix the videos from my controller. Only the audio and then slide the fader on my laptop screen.
djjust_ice 5:27 AM - 2 March, 2013
pls how can i record my video mixx with my RANE TTM57
Dj shevytee 5:56 PM - 8 March, 2013
Respect Da deejays
DJFLEX83 10:51 PM - 8 March, 2013
buy screen flow from apple store
DJ Loop 7:13 PM - 30 June, 2013
I have not made it to video yet however with my background I can offer a possible solution. If you are using HDMI get you a video switcher box. These are used in clubs to run the same video to multiple screens.

Run one of the outputs from the switcher to an input of a DVR recorder and the other to your display. You can get a video switcher from skywalker communications for cheap. I do not work for them so this is no product endorsement.

Let me know if this works?
djjust_ice 11:11 PM - 3 August, 2013
pls how can i record my vieo mix with my rena mixer57
DJFLEX83 10:10 PM - 13 August, 2013
screenflow u can get it in Apple store
DJ TeeOh 1:56 AM - 31 August, 2013
Quote:
pls how can i record my vieo mix with my rena mixer57

Quicktime Player

If you have mac, it's already on there.

Just click on FILE and select NEW SCREEN RECORDING
SimoneRainer 8:24 AM - 4 December, 2013
Hi Guys ... Just a heads up to guys trying to figure out how to control the video x-fader using a non-serato itch-mixer!
In Itch, you will need to tick the "Cursors Crossfade Video" checkbox which is under the Setup>>Serato Video>>Control tab.
You now need to download a free app called MidiStroke. This will convert the midi signal from your crossfader to a "keystroke left" or "keystroke right" and move the video crossfader. This app will need to be left running while you are using Serato Itch.

You now need to input the midi values on the left side and the keystroke values on the right.
My values were num=31 chn=3 value=127 and the keystroke value is RIGHT
My values were num=31 chn=3 value=0 and the keystroke value is LEFT

If you cannot figure out what your values are - download a free app called midiMonitor, plug the usb from your mixer to your laptop, select the arrow next to sources, then click on the arrow next to midi sources to view your mixer, then ensure all other sources are switch off except for your mixer. Move your x-fader and midiMonitor should display values which you can use to input into MidiStroke.

It's a very basic way of manipulating the video x-fader in itch and not really real-time but it works for me and saved me tonnes of money not having to buy the Serato Itch-standard mixers.

Hope this helps
Dj shevytee 9:10 AM - 25 April, 2014
How can I convert my recoerded serato visoe mixtape to dvd videos
DJ TeeOh 9:10 PM - 25 April, 2014
Quote:
How can I convert my recoerded serato visoe mixtape to dvd videos

You just need to drop it into a DVD burner. If you want a different format like MP4 or AVI, then download a video converter.