Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add a refresh button

Danny Blackstone 10:26 PM - 11 November, 2007
I've had a number of problems with SSL that have caused me to shut the program down and have to shut my PC down and start all over. This is very time consuming and sometimes my SSL box will read that it's disconnected and I know it's connected because I was just useing it like 5 minutes ago, or it'll say that it's loading my crates and they never get loaded so I got to shut down my External Hard Drive and log out of the SSL program and restart it again. I'd like a refresh button added to the program. I'm pretty sure this can cut out a lot of our minor and maybe a few major problems if we can simply refresh the program and hardware. Of course you'll have to switch to CD or vinyl while doing this, but it would be nice if it possible.
nik39 9:16 AM - 12 November, 2007
Refresh: Click on exit, press "yes", click on SSL icon to restart.
cappinkirk 12:20 AM - 17 November, 2007
how does that help if you are in the middle of a set nik39?

+1 for refresh
cappinkirk 1:23 AM - 17 November, 2007
sometimes i add a song during my set and it won't let me go into the folder that has been updated until I close and reopen SSL and a refresh button would be nice for that
RyanJ 7:51 AM - 17 November, 2007
You can always just drag the song from windows explorer onto the deck you want. It's a workaround, but it does work, until you reload your SSL.
RyanJ 7:53 AM - 17 November, 2007
I assume the same would be true from a mac finder window if that's what you have...
nik39 10:37 AM - 17 November, 2007
Quote:
how does that help if you are in the middle of a set nik39?

How would a refresh work w/o cutting the sound?

-1 for refresh.
Danny Blackstone 7:39 PM - 17 November, 2007
Of course you would have to switch to vinyl for at least one track (some of us still use vinyl) but it would cut out a lot of time if you were able to simply refresh the program/hardware instead of having to shut it down and having the possibilty of it not opening right, which I tend to run into a lot.
nik39 7:42 PM - 17 November, 2007
Understand your concerns... but I'd rather have a solid rock app than having to worry when is the next time I have to "refresh". Someone who paid for this product has the right to expect a solid app :)
Danny Blackstone 7:59 PM - 17 November, 2007
SSL is not solid. I'm not talking down on it, I love the product and to me I think it's the best thing in the world, but you got to admit, it does have it's problems. Just look at this site, there's a grip of pages where problems have came up with different individuals useing it.
Danny Blackstone 8:01 PM - 17 November, 2007
I'd love it if it ran at 100% and we never had any problems with it.
Konix 8:02 PM - 17 November, 2007
Get a Mac?
Danny Blackstone 8:11 PM - 17 November, 2007
Dude, I'm poor. That's why I'm back in school. I want to go all MAC once I get out of school and start my new career and can acctually afford one.
nik39 8:15 PM - 17 November, 2007
I hope Konix was jus playing games on ya ;)