Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

There maybe hope for us yet!

Lightning 7:58 PM - 13 January, 2012
I was reading a NAMM Spoiler article this morning on a new controller..... wasn't too interested in the controller but when they started talking about Serato that's when it got my attention.

www.digitaldjtips.com

I've been struggling this past year with Itch trying to pull off the same stuff that I can do in SL. Likewise I have discovered that there are things I could never pull off without Itch. I've even gone to the point of running both Itch and SL at the same time but that's just too much to deal with and just over complicates the deal. Needless to say I have 2 different mixing styles to accommodate which platform I may be using at the time. So now I'm looking forward to whatever this maybe in hopes Serato might actually be able to let me have my cake and eat it too.

/crosses fingers that it isn't not a bad rumor
phatbob 8:17 PM - 13 January, 2012
If that thing comes with Intro there are going to be a lot of pissed off Itch users, that's for sure.

Time for Serato to draw a line:

Intro = cheap, basic.

Itch = more expensive, advanced features.
DeeJay Image 8:32 PM - 13 January, 2012
I agree - however the thing about Serato Intro controllers are that the controller can be mapped to used other programs.. so it may be build for Serato Intro use, but pre-mapped for Traktor or VDJ...
serkan 9:13 PM - 13 January, 2012
Come on.
That's only one guy that didn't get how it works.

I'm pretty sure...
...there will be no ITCH Pro/LE
...the stupid Reloop controller will be 2-deck DJ Intro only
...ITCH and DJ Intro will remain being separated with
DJ Intro = 2-deck starter, and ITCH = 2/4-deck pro

Don't get me wrong but Reloop has the most fu**ed up (and clever) marketing strategy I've ever seen. So just putting "Serato" on the controller is how they're phishing for noobs.
And btw: I can't remember seeing any DJ controller with a "DJ Intro" logo ever.
Lightning 9:34 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:

That's a very good point

Still my point was that there may be a restructuring of the Serato product line per the rumor mill indications pointed out in the article. Maybe it's a bunch of BS too, but still holding on to the dream Serato will come up with something that will be one application I can hook up whatever I want to.
pdidy 1:27 AM - 14 January, 2012
Quote:
Come on.
That's only one guy that didn't get how it works.

I'm pretty sure...
...there will be no ITCH Pro/LE
...the stupid Reloop controller will be 2-deck DJ Intro only
...ITCH and DJ Intro will remain being separated with
DJ Intro = 2-deck starter, and ITCH = 2/4-deck pro

Don't get me wrong but Reloop has the most fu**ed up (and clever) marketing strategy I've ever seen. So just putting "Serato" on the controller is how they're phishing for noobs.

at least somebody understands how this shit works....lol
pdidy 1:29 AM - 14 January, 2012
meaning your 100% correct.
Maskrider 2:26 AM - 14 January, 2012
And confusing at the same time so it might be for INTRO
pdidy 3:22 AM - 14 January, 2012
Quote:
And confusing at the same time so it might be for INTRO

not mite, it is into.
DJPrice_inMD 2:14 PM - 14 January, 2012
I know the economies of it would be strange, because Serato currently sells their licenses to manufacturers instead actual consumers, but if they were able to get it to work, they could probably make a decent amount of money selling Intro -> Itch upgrades for certain controllers like the VCI-400, which obviously has the build quality to be associated with Itch has a more premium offering. It's a shame that good controllers by companies with known working relationships with Serato are shoehorning limited versions of their Software onto these controllers, and out of neccesity they are using VDJ or Traktor as a result.
Dave The One 4:08 PM - 14 January, 2012
Let's face it; Itch is a crippled version of scratch live. I can't believe that 500,00 -1000.00 usb controllers that have built in sound have to be forced to use itch (scratch lives b-itch) . SL 1 sl2 sl3 and sl4 are in the same price range as these usb controllers, there's no reason that live and itch should be seperate programs.

This is like what digidesign/avid did to people for years before daws like Cockos reaper came at 10x less and exceeded pro tools LE, M-powered and HD features and also allowed you to use any sound card that u wanted. Many people defected to other daws and Digidesign/Avid continue to feel the pain even after unlocking protools to be used with any sound card. Logic Pro is 199.00 right now and represents the most incredible value/package for a DAW right now that can match pro tools feature for feature and put it to Shame with the virtual effects and instruments that come with the daw. Ableton Live and Reason too are also an incredible value compared to what you get with pro tools.
Pro tools is not the industry standard anymore; it only is to people that call themselves producers or engineers who never produced or engineered anything and they think buying the program magically gives them that title.....
Dave The One 4:15 PM - 14 January, 2012
I hate to say this people; but we shouldn't support this three card monte that Serato has created with live itch and intro. There's one company that came to the table first and they only worked on Linux and had an orb sound card as the requirement. Remember them? They are now Native Instruments Traktor; they come a long way.

Serato needs to do the right thing already before I sit down
and create the ultimate map for my ns6 with Traktor and never look back...
serkan 1:23 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:

There's one company that came to the table first and they only worked on Linux and had an orb sound card as the requirement. Remember them? They are now Native Instruments Traktor; they come a long way.

That's wrong, man.
That was N2IT. They later paired up with Stanton who later paired up with NI.
NI had nothing to with Final Scratch at first place. They just threw enough money in to buy all necessary licenses step by step.
Dave The One 1:35 AM - 17 January, 2012
I stand somewhat corrected; Regardless; Traktor, BeOs Final Scratch were first in this game.
Dave The One 1:42 AM - 17 January, 2012
Lightning; Don't give up hope. FWIW Itch gets the job done; but being a software stepchild never works in the long run; it's usually dropped with no support forcing you to use the pro version; this is my only concern; I would hope that Itch and Scratch Live become one.
haze324 4:00 AM - 17 January, 2012
confirmed --- Intro

serato.com

wonder whats going on.
[O/][iii][O/] 4:46 AM - 17 January, 2012
lol at a home/hobbyist dropping $1K+ on a 4-channel pro controller to run on entry-level DJ Intro software that only wastes two extra channels.

:facepalm:
pdidy 5:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
lol at a home/hobbyist dropping $1K+ on a 4-channel pro controller to run on entry-level DJ Intro software that only wastes two extra channels.

:facepalm:

hey, its not seratos fault the noobs aint doing the proper research before investing in a product. I assure you they will learn from their mistakes.
Lightning 11:57 AM - 17 January, 2012
Thank god.... confirmed.

serato.com

and more here...

serato.com

The only thing that has me concerned is they are putting this feature in with Video.
"Manipulate playback with Serato control records, CDs or with your ITCH controller of choice."

Too bad I have no desire to mix video