Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Software Updates

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DeeWhy 8:50 PM - 12 January, 2012
HI, just wondering if there is a way to update to Itch 2.1 without downloading and installing 2.1 all over? The main reason is that I don't own the controller, the bar where I play owns the controller, and so I wanted to update without having to schlep into work and connect said controller. Is there a way to do an update like you would with any normal piece of software (maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anything like that on your website. Otherwise loving the S-1, thinking about buying an ERGO for myself- such a complete solution for mobile gigs, and super cheap!
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:35 AM - 16 January, 2012
Hi DeeWhy,

You should be able to update to ITCH 2.1 without having to have the controller connected :)

It is often recommended in a trouble shooting situations, but I have personally installed 2.1 without any controller connected and have not ran into any issues.

The Pioneer Ergo is a great controller, and highly recommended! However please bare in mind, that it works with Serato DJ Intro, which does have less features than ITCH which is what you are used to, as it is basic DJ software.

Feel free to ask any questions about the software and the Ergo before going ahead with the purchase if you are at all concerned about losing certain features you rely on using with the DDJ-S1.

10:00 PM, 20 Feb 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.