DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

mixing wave idea

DJ JOSELITO 5:02 PM - 2 January, 2012
What would be the best idea on how to align the wave display what i am looking to align to mix proptly thsnks
echa1945mf 5:05 PM - 2 January, 2012
your ears mate, mixing by wave is just plain stupid, unless ur stupid of course so thats permitable
DJ JOSELITO 5:21 PM - 2 January, 2012
Thanks for stupid answer that wasnt the question
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:21 PM - 2 January, 2012
so since this thread in 2010 you havent nailed beatmatching
serato.com
I think you should just give up
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:22 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:

we also thank you for the stupid question
DJ JOSELITO 5:23 PM - 2 January, 2012
I just bought the program not too long away
echa1945mf 5:26 PM - 2 January, 2012
serato just a tool,you still need the skills ie. how to beatmatch T_T
DJ JOSELITO 5:28 PM - 2 January, 2012
Oh thanks for your help
DJDBAG 5:47 PM - 2 January, 2012
lol
DJ JOSELITO 6:15 PM - 2 January, 2012
I thought this forum was helping each other?
DJDBAG 6:18 PM - 2 January, 2012
it is, but you basically asked how do i dJ

As a real answer you will need to either speed up the pitch on one of your decks and slow it down on the other to match the tempos, that is how you make the wav's line up,
DJ JOSELITO 6:23 PM - 2 January, 2012
I want to be able to use the wave form to visially see the progress iknow that thete is other wsys to change the layout on the display
DJDBAG 6:24 PM - 2 January, 2012
no idea what you even mean by that see the progress of what?
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:34 PM - 2 January, 2012
you can only zoom in on the waveform by clicking on it and using the + and - buttons,
or 3 band eq by holding CTRL and right clicking on the waveform,

all of which was answered in your original thread which i posted a link too
sacrilicious 6:46 PM - 2 January, 2012
Next week from the same poster? "Hey guys I just got my first gig at a big nightclub. What should I play?"
toasted 7:30 PM - 2 January, 2012
just match the colours, mixing in key is so last year ,, its all about the rainbows now
rlaci 8:10 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
just match the colours, mixing in key is so last year ,, its all about the rainbows now

rainbows :D
O.B.1 8:13 PM - 2 January, 2012
double rainbows!
DJ Unique 8:30 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
double rainbows!

HaHaHa....

DJ Joselito, you need to find a DJ buddy that can visually show you how to properly mix properly using audio heard rather than seen.
pdidy 8:47 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
What would be the best idea on how to align the wave display what i am looking to align to mix proptly thsnks

If You really want to learn how to mix properly you need to first learn how to beat match by ear. Once you have mastered that, then its time to learn visual beatmatching with waves to add to your skills.

learn visual beatmatching with waves here
www.youtube.com
DJ ELY DE MAFIA 8:49 PM - 2 January, 2012
HEY DJ JOSELITO - ONCE THE PEAKS OF BOTH DECK ARE TOGATHER (MEANING THE WAVEFORMS )AND THE BMP IS CORRECT , BEATMATCHING WILL HAPPEN
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:00 PM - 2 January, 2012
also when the lump of metal hits the nail on the head it's hammer time
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:03 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:

Wow - just wow...

I guess dude is right about the peaks
DJ Tecniq 10:02 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
Before you start Dj'ing work on your spelling.
djpuma_gemini 11:08 PM - 2 January, 2012
I'm more worried about how his English is horrid and profile says from US. I've seen a lot of this lately. Screw djing, hit the books.
dj_soo 3:25 AM - 3 January, 2012
stick with your ears.
dj_soo 3:26 AM - 3 January, 2012
aaaaand welcome to djing in 2012
ruthless deejay 3:28 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
you can only zoom in on the waveform by clicking on it and using the + and - buttons,
or 3 band eq by holding CTRL and right clicking on the waveform,

all of which was answered in your original thread which i posted a link too

you can zoom in? like in virtual dj?
ruthless deejay 3:30 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:

was mixing in key all a distraction or should i say unnecessary to you?
dj_soo 3:35 AM - 3 January, 2012
yea, it's been there forever - people just don't like to read the help list it seems.

people always get thrown off when they use my setup cause I always zoom them all the way out so I can see phrasing better and now how the song is switching up next instead of being able to see the lines match up...

mixing in key is essential. period. it doesn't mean you have to use a key program or a guide or memorize the circle of fifths, but any DJ worth his or her salt should be able to hear a key clash during the cueing phase and then not mix that track.

sadly this is not the case...
ruthless deejay 3:39 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
yea, it's been there forever - people just don't like to read the help list it seems.

people always get thrown off when they use my setup cause I always zoom them all the way out so I can see phrasing better and now how the song is switching up next instead of being able to see the lines match up...

mixing in key is essential. period. it doesn't mean you have to use a key program or a guide or memorize the circle of fifths, but any DJ worth his or her salt should be able to hear a key clash during the cueing phase and then not mix that track.

sadly this is not the case...

this is really good. thank you.
DJ Michael Basic 4:02 AM - 3 January, 2012
Once you get the red lines matched up, use a stapler on your computer monitor to hold them together for a good mix.
ruthless deejay 4:05 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Once you get the red lines matched up, use a stapler on your computer monitor to hold them together for a good mix.

a nail gun does the job for me
DJ Michael Basic 4:06 AM - 3 January, 2012
The problem with a nail gun is that you have to use 2 nails, one for each deck. With a stapler you can staple both decks at once to properly hold the mix together.
ral 6:07 AM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
I always zoom them all the way out so I can see phrasing better

+1
ruthless deejay 12:51 PM - 3 January, 2012
when i pressed CTRL i was like OMG! Beatmatching skill x10!
toasted 1:12 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

was mixing in key all a distraction or should i say unnecessary to you?

yea 100% not needed ,im using the new maxaudio eardrum pluggin it helps me switch off and saves me thinking about mixing so much leaving more time to concentrate on more important things like looking good and oggling the ladies

keep a eye on the company as there bringing out eyecuts soon, its a pair of glasses you wear and if you look at deck 1 it automatically cuts to that deck, ive been testing out the prototype for them my juggling is now the bomb
djpuma_gemini 3:38 PM - 3 January, 2012
what is this ctrl button you speak of. You can change the way the waves look.
I know you can zoom in and out. I hate being zoomed all the way in, I always zoom out some.
The best is to press space bar, you can stare all you want but you won't see shit to beatmatch with.
DJ Garebear 3:55 PM - 3 January, 2012
this thread was pretty hilarious. I'd like to see this kid in action
ruthless deejay 4:46 PM - 3 January, 2012
You hold ctrl and click the rainbow
Jesus Christ 5:24 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
You hold ctrl and click the rainbow

My rainbow button doesn't work. Can I just used CTRL+CRUSH IT buttons?
ruthless deejay 5:40 PM - 3 January, 2012
Ctrl and click on the waveform
toasted 6:18 PM - 3 January, 2012
or ctrl+alt+delete to go into mixmaster rainbow super cristmas mode
DJ Head 7:45 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

If You really want to learn how to mix properly you need to first learn how to beat match by ear. Once you have mastered that, then its time to learn visual beatmatching with waves to add to your skills.

learn visual beatmatching with waves here
www.youtube.com

Wow, check out this comment I found after clicking that Youtube link.

i think Serato is a bit complicated than Virtual DJ. i got the SL2 and i'm not really happy like i thought i would be. I got a very good experience with VDJ, but i thought maybe Serato would be the shit 100 times better. I understand how come such a great idea of Serato Scratch doesn't have a autosync botton or an automatic beat lock.
Screwmatic 1 month ago

LMFAO!!!
DJ Unique 8:05 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
i think Serato is a bit complicated than Virtual DJ. i got the SL2 and i'm not really happy like i thought i would be. I got a very good experience with VDJ, but i thought maybe Serato would be the shit 100 times better. I understand how come such a great idea of Serato Scratch doesn't have a autosync botton or an automatic beat lock.
Screwmatic 1 month ago

LMFAO!!!

HaHaHa...
That's funny.
Serato sucks for not having "Auto-Sync" or "Automatic Beat Lock".
DJ Garebear 8:10 PM - 3 January, 2012
talk about lazy and unskilled
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:14 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
lmfao @.ANYONE who thinks using your ears is a stupid answer to basically asking how to dj...serilusly dude get a new hobby, I hear flying model planes is fun, u get a controller and everything.....shit no autopilot never mind
sixxx 8:57 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
latindj 9:19 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

did someone call me?
eder 9:39 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

did someone call me?

No I don't need yard work until next week. Go back to your siesta.
latindj 10:02 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

did someone call me?

No I don't need yard work until next week. Go back to your siesta.

ok gracias buey...