DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Felli Fel Stops Music For Not Getting Drink!!

DJ Josh V 11:52 AM - 4 November, 2007
I was at Facade in Hollywood to support my boys spinning there and after my boy Juice went on, Felli Fel from L.A. Power 106 (for those out of towners)was spinning and at a point in the night he stopped the music and was like "So n so come to the DJ both and bring me another bottle.If I dont get another bottle I guess we'll listen to nothing".Then someone came and told him something and he was ""I guess its over then since I cant get another bottle.FUCK IT". Everyone was like WTF?

I thought he was messin around but he took off his headphones and all the lights went on.Im wondering if that was a way to end shit early but I was getting my grind on with some drunk chick damn it :-)

Now thats power,Whoa! Dont Fuck With The DJ!
sfcraiger 12:12 PM - 4 November, 2007
produced a radio track and now his head's gone big.
someone please check that nigga and tell him he aint shit.
dj luis 1:06 PM - 4 November, 2007
that's plain stupid imo
Dj onyx 1:23 PM - 4 November, 2007
Stop playing his produced tracks. Get Buck my ass!
Thundercat 3:08 PM - 4 November, 2007
That has the makings of a "When keeping it real, goes wrong" skit...
nik39 3:10 PM - 4 November, 2007
Sounds okay to me. BTW his track is the ish.
darius 4:36 PM - 4 November, 2007
'Now thats power,Whoa! Dont Fuck With The DJ!'

more like he's a primadonna toolbag if he pulls shit like that over A DRINK...
dj shadow from detroit 4:42 PM - 4 November, 2007
thats not a good look!
thats not a good way to handle that situation.
nik39 4:46 PM - 4 November, 2007
C'mon... not giving the DJ any drinks anymore? Unless the DJ is really really wasted - that is not nice.
Corex 5:16 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:

i lol'd hard.
Thundercat 5:17 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:
C'mon... not giving the DJ any drinks anymore? Unless the DJ is really really wasted - that is not nice.

Sure, not nice to do that to the DJ. Better solution: send one of your people to get it and then handle it afterwards with management.
DJ Michael Basic 5:19 PM - 4 November, 2007
How is he at the club? I've heard him trainwreck on radio a lot.
nik39 5:19 PM - 4 November, 2007
Ok, not the right way to handle it. I wouldnt do it that way either - but I would had laughed hard if I was in the club and the DJ did that :)
DJ Overpour 5:22 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:

HAHA
dj shadow from detroit 5:25 PM - 4 November, 2007
everyone train wrecks.

if he was doing radio live.mistakes happen.

but i agree if you heard him train wreck alot!!
( damn ) lol
nik39 5:25 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:
Ok, not the right way to handle it. I wouldnt do it that way either - but I would had laughed hard if I was in the club and the DJ did that :)

Hm... not sure again. I mean... dont f*ck with the wrong people! And if you are messing with the staff esp. the DJ that aint right.
a-swift 5:26 PM - 4 November, 2007
that sounds like some shit Steve DUB would do. gangsta!
DrStank 5:39 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:

I agree. He's garbage in the mix. But he's got a huge listenership and he'll bring a crowd to the club, as well as a top-5 club track right now.

You have to understand though... he wasn't asking for a drink. He was asking for a "BOTTLE." Which is $300-500 in LA clubs. And that's for Grey Goose (which is probably what he drinks). So, because of his "status" he wanted the club to comp him "another" bottle of whatever his peeps were drinking.

That's primadonna status. Goofy looking motherfucker. b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com
nik39 5:44 PM - 4 November, 2007
Okay, I usually drink soda, orange juice, coke and whatever.

But... even it is sold at $300, how much does the club actually pay for it? $30? (Sorry, I dont know how mich a bottle of grey goose costs, a bottle of vodka in Germany is about $20)
Audio1 5:46 PM - 4 November, 2007
club markup. anyways, he cant demand shit like that and just stop the music. thats some bitch shit!
DJ Michael Basic 5:46 PM - 4 November, 2007
Yea, about $30 bucks.
DrStank 6:04 PM - 4 November, 2007
True. At the liquor store, you can get that bottle for $30. But in the club, the value changes. It is now WORTH $300.
bourbonstmc 6:13 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:
True. At the liquor store, you can get that bottle for $30. But in the club, the value changes. It is now WORTH $300.

But there's NO SEX IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM!
DeezNotes 6:23 PM - 4 November, 2007
Not getting paid is a reason to cut the music.
DJ Cykophuk 6:36 PM - 4 November, 2007
flashback...was working on a night I started at a club in Madison, WI called Spectators, back the early 90's. They just hired a new bar manager who though he would be telling what to play...on my own night. Finally by the end of the night, with a packed dance floor, this bullshit comes to head and I had to tell him to go fuck himself...this results in a comment to the effect of "this is my club and you'll do what say" (not the owner, BTW)...at which point I got on the mic, thanked everyone for coming and shut off the entire system. Dude turned white...LMAO

And THAT, is how you quit a gig...when you're young, and dumb and just don't give a fuck. Sometimes I miss my 20s.
ntmoney 9:39 PM - 4 November, 2007
Couldnt he just played the holla boyz party break....Werre the F*c% is the waitress at with my drank? Turning off the music is to harsh. Especially for some one I listen to twice a day (the new @ 2 and at nite). I heard he's a coo dude tho. Im gon boycott his show for a day. Hope he learned his lesson.
nik39 9:43 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:
And THAT, is how you quit a gig...when you're young, and dumb and just don't give a fuck. Sometimes I miss my 20s.

Haha =)

Quote:
I heard he's a coo dude tho. Im gon boycott his show for a day. Hope he learned his lesson.

lol :)
DJ Prinvale` 9:49 PM - 4 November, 2007
I wouldn't handle it like that, but whatever. I'm not surprised at anything that goes on Hollywood anymore.
a-swift 10:54 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:
I'm not impressed at anything that goes on Hollywood anymore.

me either
DJ Josh V 11:01 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:

You have to understand though... he wasn't asking for a drink. He was asking for a "BOTTLE." Which is $300-500 in LA clubs. And that's for Grey Goose (which is probably what he drinks). So, because of his "status" he wanted the club to comp him "another" bottle of whatever his peeps were drinking.

Ya thats what me and my boys were talking about.Was it like a bottle of brew or a bottle of liquer?Either way it was crazy.

What I thought was funny is when everybody was leaving they played a house track that was saying "Get the fuck out,Get the fuck out" LOL!

Quote:
But there's NO SEX IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM!

There was some chick in the room upstairs showing her ass and tits through the class window if that counts.
DJ Michael Basic 11:04 PM - 4 November, 2007
Quote:

What I thought was funny is when everybody was leaving they played a house track that was saying "Get the fuck out,Get the fuck out" LOL!

Klaas - Get The Fuck Out Of Here
DrStank 11:05 PM - 4 November, 2007
2LiveCrew - Get the Fuck Out My House
dirtbag filthy 11:51 PM - 4 November, 2007
pretty funny...fuck it he probably only got paid 200 bucks and was salty

dj's have a lot of power in the club...

"don't let it go to your head booooooooy"
Jay-R Enguillado 12:01 AM - 5 November, 2007
of all the power 106 mixers, he's the worst on the decks.
DrStank 12:06 AM - 5 November, 2007
Guess you never heard Turbulence.
DJ Sniffles 12:08 AM - 5 November, 2007
Eric DLux is dope
dirtbag filthy 12:14 AM - 5 November, 2007
yeah i never hear him even mix/cut on the radio, im used to that being from an area where hot 97 is the main radio station...hey at least he doesn't yell over tracks, so it always can be worse ...but all the shit djs put up with good for him
DJ Michael Basic 12:15 AM - 5 November, 2007
Felli does yell a lot over tracks actually...and with his nasal ass voice it's annoying.
dirtbag filthy 12:18 AM - 5 November, 2007
not as extreme as ny radio though...isn't he the biggest dj on power 106 to ??

imma start hollerin on the mic....i think i need a voice coach
DJ Josh V 12:36 AM - 5 November, 2007
Quote:
Felli does yell a lot over tracks actually...and with his nasal ass voice it's annoying.

Ya,he was blabbing all night on the mic but it seemed like the crowed was into it
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:06 AM - 5 November, 2007
LOL, they should have brought him the bottle and took it out of his fee or charged it to the Station.

Let's see you had the extra bottle of Goose, $300 and a 25% gratuity for rush VIP service.

Sign for this and we will have the station knock it off next months advertising bill?

Would you like another bottle?

When the station gets the bill for $2000 for 2 or 4 - $30 bottles of Goose, somebody's Ass is grass.
Dj_KaGeN 1:10 AM - 5 November, 2007
^^ that's hardball right there.
Jordan Laws 2:25 AM - 5 November, 2007
thats not really being professional. Thats #1 when it comes to being a DJ. I was DJing in Hollywood last night, did anyone here see the show?
DJ Pryme 3:09 AM - 5 November, 2007
he does what he wants. that's what a boss does. but has anyone asked at one point in the night this happened? Was it the end of the night 1:30am or 2am ish? It sounds like it.
djpuma_gemini 8:15 AM - 5 November, 2007
Quote:

Who dj. ECHO, ECHO he echoes out of every blend, so does every dj on power 106. THat's why I hate radio. That and the fact that politics make you play soulja boy every hour and throw it on the top 4 at 4.
DJ Josh V 12:31 PM - 5 November, 2007
Quote:
he does what he wants. that's what a boss does. but has anyone asked at one point in the night this happened? Was it the end of the night 1:30am or 2am ish? It sounds like it.

It was towards the end of the night but with the whole time change everything was confusing.Even if all an act to end the club it was kind of shady.Why do it like that.
Sol*los 4:04 PM - 5 November, 2007
WOW! stoping the music over a bottle is crazy.

I like his new track tho, shoot I have all his old Freestyle tracks he did under the name DJ Felony when he was in Dallas years ago.
Crickett 8:05 PM - 5 November, 2007
Quote:
I was at Facade in Hollywood to support my boys spinning there and after my boy Juice went on, Felli Fel from L.A. Power 106 (for those out of towners)was spinning and at a point in the night he stopped the music and was like "So n so come to the DJ both and bring me another bottle.If I dont get another bottle I guess we'll listen to nothing".Then someone came and told him something and he was ""I guess its over then since I cant get another bottle.FUCK IT". Everyone was like WTF?

I thought he was messin around but he took off his headphones and all the lights went on.Im wondering if that was a way to end shit early but I was getting my grind on with some drunk chick damn it :-)

Now thats power,Whoa! Dont Fuck With The DJ!

Josh,

Are you sure that wasn't Sixxx up there?
LMAOOOOOOOOOO
DJ Pryme 8:26 PM - 5 November, 2007
So yeah, it's no problem really it was the end of the night and it was gonna stop soon prolly anyways so if he's been waitin on something that he's supposed to be getting and he reallly doesn't neeeeeed to be there anyways, if he's like fine and wants to bounce out, sounds like something a boss would do. granted it's not the most professional, it sounds pretty damn cool to dip out that way. So yeah... but that second diddy verse is so unnecessary. HA HA.
sixxx 3:54 AM - 6 November, 2007
Sixxx alert....
Mr. Goodkat 12:32 AM - 7 November, 2007
dj's blaming other dj's? don't ever start blaming someone until you know the whole story. he could have been a dick, but others from the club could have been fucking with him.
Jonny G 9:42 PM - 7 November, 2007
Lets start off by Saying Felli Fel is a wack ass DJ...he needs to stop kissing ass to whoever is in the Studio with him..he's all over their nuts like they were god or something. bow wow can be in there and he will treat him like he is the greatest rapper of all time. Also his song Buck in Here is wack as ish...they only play that at Power because he works there and that is the reason it is there #1 song. Felli Fel stop talking so much and stop restarting the f'n song over and over again, also take that siren you use and throw it away. I know you are reading this. I;ve been listening to Power since 1996 and you are the wackest DJ or on Air personality ever. Big Syphe and Eric Delux are the ish.. puro party cabron
Dj onyx 11:32 PM - 7 November, 2007
Quote:
Lets start off by Saying Felli Fel is a wack ass DJ...he needs to stop kissing ass to whoever is in the Studio with him..he's all over their nuts like they were god or something. bow wow can be in there and he will treat him like he is the greatest rapper of all time. Also his song Buck in Here is wack as ish...they only play that at Power because he works there and that is the reason it is there #1 song. Felli Fel stop talking so much and stop restarting the f'n song over and over again, also take that siren you use and throw it away. I know you are reading this. I;ve been listening to Power since 1996 and you are the wackest DJ or on Air personality ever. Big Syphe and Eric Delux are the ish.. puro party cabron

Agreeeeeeeee!
Dj onyx 11:32 PM - 7 November, 2007
Quote:

Agreeeeeeeee! Let's Goooooooooooooooh!
DJ Michael Basic 11:32 PM - 7 November, 2007
Eric Delux is a dope DJ...Big Syphe is decent at best.
CQuence 11:47 PM - 7 November, 2007
Decent might be pushin it
Crickett 1:00 AM - 8 November, 2007
Quote:

Your not bitter or anything. LOL
DJ Pryme 1:01 AM - 8 November, 2007
stop hatin
DJ Pryme 1:02 AM - 8 November, 2007
i dont hear any of you guys on power 106 so they must be doin something ur not.
Logisticalstyles 1:29 AM - 8 November, 2007
That's not always a good thing.
DJ Pryme 1:41 AM - 8 November, 2007
but its not always a bad thing either.
dj KarrsiN 9:56 AM - 8 November, 2007
No offense, but this story has not been confirmed and we don't have all the facts.

Most radio personalities don't care much about the audience or club goers, they just want to get paid and get the eff out. So it won't surprise me if this story turns out to be true.

I agree Feli is careless on the tables and I think it's funny when he tries to spin rock and house in his sets. He would never spin like that before the "hollywood style" trend.

Anyways, I don't listen to terrestrial radio anymore because it is too predictable. I guess I just don't like to be brainwashed and hear the same 10 songs every hour and nissan commercials.

Much respect to the following Power 106 mixers:

Eric DLux, Vice, Echo, Turbulence, E-Man, Coke-E and RHV.. No offence to the other 106 mixers but in my opinion, these are the most consistent...
nik39 11:16 AM - 8 November, 2007
Quote:
stop hatin

True, true.

You are not criticizing in a constructive way, you are just *hating*.
Jonny G 4:54 PM - 8 November, 2007
I'm not hating on Felli, i just dont think he is the greatest DJ at power, there are other DJ's that are better and it really annoys me that he gets so much airtime. Eric DLux is a great Dj, i love the Friday Traffic Jam, he gets down and mixes in that old house.
DJBlisk 6:25 PM - 9 November, 2007
I wonder what the real story is....

Everything seems really extreme.

turning off the music is extreme for not getting a $25 bottle of grey goose

and the

$25 bottle of grey goose is also extreme for not fulfilling a recognized Radio Personality's request.
dj KarrsiN 9:13 PM - 9 November, 2007
I got it!! I think I know what really happened!

His computer crashed and in order to play it off, he blames it on the promoters, that way he doesn't look like an idiot. Very clever if you ask me.
dj skraps 9:25 PM - 9 November, 2007
Quote:

Eric DLux, Vice, Echo, Turbulence, E-Man, Coke-E and RHV.. No offence to the other 106 mixers but in my opinion, these are the most consistent...

my opinion

Eman, Vice, Eric Dlux, Coke E

and Feli Feezzy does suck on the tables but a good on air personality.
dj skraps 9:25 PM - 9 November, 2007
Quote:
I got it!! I think I know what really happened!

His computer crashed and in order to play it off, he blames it on the promoters, that way he doesn't look like an idiot. Very clever if you ask me.

sound logical.
Sol*los 9:30 PM - 9 November, 2007
WOW! that's a good one
DJDLO 415 10:17 PM - 9 November, 2007
Quote:
club markup. anyways, he cant demand shit like that and just stop the music. thats some bitch shit!

werd x10!!!!!! im feelin his song right now, although i dont know why i didnt think of that beat...its not complicated...all in all thats sum gay ass shit and he lost all cred with me

btw anyone here herd him before?? dose he double up at all? scratch??
DJ_Motion 10:22 PM - 9 November, 2007
Quote:
Much respect to the following Power 106 mixers:

RHV is a dj on power 106? I didn't even know that...
Dj onyx 3:03 AM - 10 November, 2007
DJ Onyx on Powa 106HD. LOL!
DJ Josh V 11:38 PM - 10 November, 2007
Ask Anyone who was there last Sat. This did take place but however of course we dont know what happened behind the scenes.

I still havnt talked to my boy who promotes to ask him what happend.
dj shadow from detroit 7:04 PM - 23 November, 2007
im hearing he has his second single coming out with a ( nirvana teen spirit sample ) in it. i read it sounds good.his last single was hot. but that does not mean he can dj . lol!!!
J_Static 1:54 AM - 24 November, 2007
I don't give a f*ck who you are, you don't pull that shit as a DJ, that's just unprofessional....

Someone should've brought him a bottle, opened it and poured it on him like:

"Your all washed up in this club, now get the F*CK OUT! SECURITY!
DJBlisk 2:53 AM - 24 November, 2007
who's bigger... fellie fel or some fly by night club?
dj shadow from detroit 10:36 PM - 24 November, 2007
neither one!

you dont act like a stupid ass!
dirtbag filthy 11:12 PM - 24 November, 2007
maybe he is just a ragin' alkie
Jonny G 11:18 PM - 24 November, 2007
he's just a loooser
bourbonstmc 11:27 PM - 24 November, 2007
Can anyone else confirm that this actually happened?
DJ Pryme 12:24 AM - 25 November, 2007
exactly.
DJBlisk 1:49 AM - 25 November, 2007
Quote:
neither one!

you dont act like a stupid ass!

lol. that was the answer I was looking for!

I hate you.
dj shadow from detroit 8:54 AM - 25 November, 2007
lol