Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Lower Price SL-Video

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL 1.2.0
Scratch Live 2.3.3
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Orlando Gami 5:51 AM - 31 December, 2011
Hi there, im not happy about the fact i had to pay $200+ not even a year ago and now its selling for $99. that is not cool, i would like a refund for the difference. i buy your products because the keep the value but not with this one,
phatbob 10:49 AM - 31 December, 2011
It's a SALE. In January it goes back up to $199.

Pretty sure you guys have sales in the U.S, no?

Most people seem familiar with the concept...
popnwave 1:17 PM - 31 December, 2011
Wow, so you've used a product for almost year to make money and now you want money back? I can understand if you get something the day before it goes on sale, but months later?
Orlando Gami 6:10 AM - 2 January, 2012
@phatbob: Yeah im pretty familiar with the concept, they never had a sale before, waited for almost 2 years to get a decent price and it never happened until now, its overpriced we all know that.

@popnwave: i dont play videos with it because its reliability/tagging issues, i didnt know about these problems until i bought it. i havent used it not even once because of that so no, i havent made a single penny out of it ok.

I respect both of your opinions but i think i have a valid point even if i can return it cuz im not planning on using it for videos, too many problems.
DeeJay Fingers 7:36 AM - 2 January, 2012
what are your specs on your mac? what are the issues you are having with the plug in? Have you installed perian.org ? Are your videos encoded properly?

Don't want to sound like an ass, but you should have tried the demo first before investing that kind of money, just to make sure it worked on your Mac.

about the tagging issues, they have been resolved on 2.3.3

anyways that's why we are here to help out...
phatbob 9:12 AM - 2 January, 2012
Yeah it wasn't EVEN a year ago you bought VSL.

It was 2009.

You know we can see your old forum posts, right?

You've had AMPLE opportunity to seek help for VSL, and the times you have, you seem to have received exemplary service.

Pathetic.

It was 2009.

You've had AMPLE opportunity to seek help for VSL, and the times you have, you seem to have received exemplary service.

Pathetic.

It was 2009.

Pathetic.

It was 2009.

Pathetic.
phatbob 9:17 AM - 2 January, 2012
Wow. Quad post. Whoops. My dog must have eaten my enter key.
dpetree 8:20 PM - 2 January, 2012
lol

I can see if its within the last 30days, like most stores... if you purchase something and within 30days it goes on sale, they will give you the difference back, but from 2009.....thats funny

im gonna call and get discount my datsun truck
lvmez 10:35 PM - 2 January, 2012
i've used vsl for 3 years, NO LAG!!
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 12:11 AM - 5 January, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems with your Video-SL.
In purchasing Video-SL you have access to first class technical support, phone and forum, also the upgrade path for future releases of Video-SL.

Unfortunately there is no refund policy for a product that you bought 2 years ago.

If you require support in resolving the issues that you have been having with Video-SL then we are here to help.

Anthony
Orlando Gami 12:26 AM - 5 January, 2012
Yeah i have bought it twice, once in 2009 and i sold it. then i was told bugs were fixed and stuff, bought it again almost a year ago: (WANNA SEE RECEIPT PHATBOB)!!!!! and i did receive help but didnt get a solution which i dont know if you can tell the difference between the two words. You are the pathetic for opening your mouth when u know shit about my situation, just let the your dog do the talking he might be more polite.

@Dpetree: if your datsun truck got an issue they couldnt fix the will give you a different one or somethin similiar (recalls) (just an example so dont start an argument about it :D

@ Serato staff: i apologize about my post i was a lil disappointed for the second time because i just cant get vsl to run normal. its a macbook pro dual core 2.4 ghz with 4gigs of ram, it should be more than enough to run the scratch live + video sl software.

I have no problems with mp3s, its awesome how it handles audio but video............
My videos are properly encoded, mp4 format. i see users stating they dont have problems with it, problems start when u add 20000 mp3s and 9000 videos, but anyways im just giving up on the software and just using scratch live and the fact why i got upset i was trying to sell it and a guy told me it was selling for $100, how much are they gonna pay for an used one? just ignore my rant, i will give it a try again 1-2 years from now.
thanks

Oh yeah i forgot.............Happy New Year Everyone.
Bassick 7:27 AM - 6 January, 2012
I use VSL, TTM57 and the exact same MAC w/specs as you. The problem is not the Serato software but what you are accessing with the hardware you own. You're obviously using an external drive and overloading the amount of searching with that mass of storage. I've used SL and VSL for many years and yes, I've had my issues but none that I would every think to ask for a refund. The software works and is proven and to millions of users to put it lightly. I've also Dj'd for over a decade and over 3 years w/video and I can tell you I don't even use anywhere near the 8000+ MP3s I have nor the 2500+ videos either I own. And yes, I am a club DJ and always rock the newest sh*t. So, look into your MAC being pushed to the limit a bit on the graphics and processor side while searching and buffering vids form your external HD.
As for selling VSL... wait until Jan 20th and then post it up for sale at 20% of the purchases prices and you'll sell it in a week. I don't really get the used part as it's software and not hardware. t doesn't get old, ruined and doesn't depreciate. In fact it holds it value more than hardware as you are (graciously) entitled to "free" updates.

You have 9000 "properly encoded" that I can bet you did not code yourself. Therefore you have now idea of how they were coded. Just because they are MP4 doesn't mean they coded it properly. There are many variables that can cause issues.

Again, if you have issues use the help center or forum here.
Mr Wilks 8:31 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
I can see if its within the last 30days, like most stores... if you purchase something and within 30days it goes on sale, they will give you the difference back, but from 2009.....thats funny

I purchased it and within 30 days it was reduced to half price... i was totally mortified.

I've sat on the fence about buying it for two years and as soon as i do... BAMMMM!!! Half price within a few weeks :(
Orlando Gami 11:02 PM - 13 January, 2012
I actually use two internal hardrives and they're 7200rpm, i know externals are slower. I have around 1000 videos i encoded myself and even these have that problem, the rest are from trusted remix sites. Just check the video i made showing the problem i have:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Serato is awesome i think i said that before, its the best program outhere but that doesnt mean its going to work flawlessly on every single computer. I have a problem with it and i cant get that problem fixed. so i will just spin mp3s and sell my video collection :)
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 1:19 AM - 17 January, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

If you could upload that video file that your playing in the youtube clip I will have a look at it here.
Dj L-Biz 1:44 PM - 17 January, 2012
Hi,
Hopefully this is on topic enough to not get moved?

If i purchase this lower price video sl, do you get access to the loops (and other content) that comes with physical purchase?
Just wondering what the difference is, as all the UK suppliers of Video SL the price is still £189. Obvioulsy i could do without the loops etc considering the saving?

Many thanks

Luke
phatbob 1:59 PM - 17 January, 2012
There aren't many loops, and they aren't anything special, it is 100% NOT worth buying a boxed copy.
Dj L-Biz 2:05 PM - 17 January, 2012
cheers mate thats what i thought - just wanted to makes sure i wasn't missing a trick.

Sweet i'd better grab it asap.

Thanks for the rapid response!

(can't wait till march comes round for the full itch intergration, i might of sorted out some decent vids by then.)
phatbob 2:08 PM - 17 January, 2012
Welcome to the wonderful world of video!
Dj L-Biz 2:11 PM - 17 January, 2012
Cheers phatbob - don't you mean the wonderful world of ripping & encoding ;-)
phatbob 2:23 PM - 17 January, 2012
Say goodbye to ALL your free time mate!
DJ Tecniq 10:42 PM - 17 January, 2012
Hrmm....some videos played perfect fine as others didn't..stop downloading from 8thwonder lol.. anyway it looks to me like corrupted video files or even files that weren't fully downloaded/incomplete. No genius here but thats what it looks like. Good luck
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 10:06 PM - 22 January, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

If you have no further support questions here I will close this thread. Let me know.

Anthony
Orlando Gami 9:17 PM - 18 February, 2012
Ok here is another one, why is that when i tried to modify the content on the "comment section of a video sometimes it not only cant do it but deletes the file, it happened to me before and it just did it again. file is not even in the recycle bin, it is gone. So, not only cant modify the tags but also deletes the mf file, just great. dont even wanna touch that shit anymore.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 1:10 AM - 20 February, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

Not sure what is going on here ? Have never heard of this before....

Could you please detail the steps you took for this to happen and we'll take it from there.
Mr Wilks 10:59 AM - 21 February, 2012
Just a thought but if the library is being sorted by the coloumn that is being edited you can 'lose' the file temporarily in the library if you're copy and pasting as the file gets re ordered if you press enter with no text in that particular field.

Maybe that's happening?
Jason Lim 2:56 AM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:
Hi Orlando Gami,

Sorry to hear you have been having problems with your Video-SL.
In purchasing Video-SL you have access to first class technical support, phone and forum, also the upgrade path for future releases of Video-SL.

Unfortunately there is no refund policy for a product that you bought 2 years ago.

If you require support in resolving the issues that you have been having with Video-SL then we are here to help.

Anthony

I bought the product and cannot even use it. First class technical support? I am not getting it, instead your technical team is pointing the fingers at me that it is my fault for not knowing my encoding and not encoding to suit your product.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 10:08 PM - 22 February, 2012
@ Jason Lim,

Logan is helping you in your help thread, could you please stick to that thread and we will get it sorted.

Thanks

Anthony
DJ'Que 4:45 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
Ok here is another one, why is that when i tried to modify the content on the "comment section of a video sometimes it not only cant do it but deletes the file, it happened to me before and it just did it again. file is not even in the recycle bin, it is gone. So, not only cant modify the tags but also deletes the mf file, just great. dont even wanna touch that shit anymore.
are you using firewire or usb drive
Orlando Gami 7:24 AM - 1 March, 2012
No, they are stored in my hardrive. Here is what i do, when i get the files from the remix sites, i check them out in serato to make sure they're not corrupted, sometimes they get partially downloaded and "obviously" they get corrupted but some other times serato shows them with the question mark and it deletes it physically from the hardrive, it just happened right now, they are not even in the recycle bin. I only use .mp4 files from trusted sites so i dont know why it does that. And i feel a bit better by knowing im not crazy and it does happens to some other people outhere :)

Please guys, fix the tagging issues, i like to have a clean library.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 9:51 PM - 1 March, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

If your files are getting the '?' icon then those files have moved directory and no longer follow the directory path of when they were imported and analyzed in Scratch Live. You can either use the relocate lost files feature in the files panel and direct the search to the new location or you will have to delete those refferences from Scratch Live library ( and iTunes if you use iTunes ).
Then re-import them from there new location.
Orlando Gami 9:54 AM - 2 March, 2012
No offense Anthony but i know how to relocate the files, but you can't relocate files if they are not longer in the hardrive can you? Serato deletes the files from the hardrive "DELETE' "CANCELARE COMPLETAMENTE" "BORRAR" lol

I dont even wanna know how many files i might have lost this way, need to double check all of my videos.

I will try to reproduce the issue and save it on video cuz i sense some sort of disbelieve around here.
DJ RR 12:13 AM - 3 March, 2012
@Orlando Gami: Dude, REALLY!

Let me know if you have any success with that, so I can ask for money back for my DDJ-S1 purchase, that was lowered a couple hundred bucks months after I bought it... and while your at it, maybe I can get some money refunded for my house that has went down several tens of thousands of dollars in value along with everyone else in the world who still owns their house.

Come on man. Stop crying and turn the page. If you bought it but never used it because of issues that you have with it then why in the heck did you buy it? You should have done your research before putting your money on the counter. If you are not satisfied now or think that it is not worth the price, then that's your bad. I've made my money back for the plug-in after my first video show, and everything else has been profit. I never had the ttm-57, but the denon 1000 does the job for me, so it's cool.
Orlando Gami 11:21 AM - 5 March, 2012
@Dj RR, Im Asking for Support...DUDE!! if you didnt have any problems with your product congra$%$%tulations, The fact that you're comparing a house with a small box with electronics shows me how smart you are, Take a little more time and read the whole thing next time u wanna say something and while you are at it, Keep your mouth shut plz, thats non of your business ok. THANK YOU!!!
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 2:59 AM - 6 March, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

For this thread to go any further I need you to take a video of this happening with some test files because we can't reproduce it here and I have no idea how this is happening.

Edit Comment Field = Scratch Live deleting the file completely from your hard drive ?
Orlando Gami 5:52 AM - 6 March, 2012
Yeah, here is also some files that got corrupted while i was analyzing them. obviously the ones that get deleted, well, dissapear :)

Check these, and let me know.

Thanks
Orlando

Link: www.filefactory.com
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 2:34 AM - 16 March, 2012
Hi Orlando Gami,

I'm downloading files now and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Files are downloading extremely slow from that website. I would suggest that next time just attach the files to this thread and I will be able to download them straight away.
Orlando Gami 10:56 PM - 18 March, 2012
Ok sorry about that, filefactory used to be better but now its extremely slow.
Orlando Gami 12:41 AM - 28 March, 2012
Im still waiting here.......
Also, i updated to the latest version so i could use serato video and now most of my old videos encoded with handbrake wont accept tags, this is ridiculous.
Orlando Gami 6:35 AM - 28 March, 2012
Also, they wont accept cue points and on top of that, the preview screen and secondary window wont work, its all over the forum, u guys going backwards.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 11:59 PM - 9 April, 2012
Hi Orlando,

Unfortunately the files in that link were corrupt. If you could attach files to this thread for troubleshooting it is more practical.

Quote:
Im still waiting here.......
Also, i updated to the latest version so i could use serato video and now most of my old videos encoded with handbrake wont accept tags, this is ridiculous.

What do you mean "won't accept tags" ? Are you writing tags to the file in Scratch Live ?

I really need some files to test here.....

As far as the Secondary Display issue there is an FAQ which details how to resolve this here: serato.com

This has been fixed and will be publicly released very soon.
12:00 AM, 24 Apr 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.