Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Video suport for itch

DJ Kos 10:05 AM - 22 December, 2011
I have been reading the forums and it still seems we are no closer to hearing anything on when we will see a update to get video support with itch. I am very interested in moving onto the right controller but that can't happen because serato has still not made the video plugin work with anything else. This has been going on for a long time. In the meantime the only way to do video on a controller is to use virtual DJ. This has been available for a hell of a long time. So can someone from serato actually gives us some sort of information on this? No reason to keep silent and beat around the bush forever. Your not helping or solving anything. I have been waiting patiently for over a year with no luck. I think it's time to set the record straight and let us all know what is going on. I know I am not alone on this.
phatbob 10:47 AM - 22 December, 2011
Problem is, when Serato give the impression something is coming (see: Bridge for Itch) people then complain when it doesn't arrive in the timeframe they expect...

As of now, Itch doesn't do video, and won't do video. We're all guessing and hoping it's coming but that's all we can do.

I am a video DJ who uses VSL at my AV gigs. I bought my Twitch knowing there is no video for Itch. If it comes later, awesome. If it doesn't, so be it.

I personally don't think that's particularly unfair either really. Try asking Apple for info about the iPhone 5, see how much they tell you... ;-)
Paco71 11:02 AM - 22 December, 2011
Amen !
skratchworx 6:14 PM - 22 December, 2011
I believe Serato, like Apple have now adopted a policy of not commenting on unannounced products. If the forums get even a sniff of rumour or half comment, it morphs into established fact in the shortest time.
Maskrider 8:46 PM - 22 December, 2011
They already said that they are working on it but when will it come out nobody knows only in due time.
kraal 11:25 PM - 22 December, 2011
Quote:
They already said that they are working on it but when will it come out nobody knows only in due time.

they also said that bridge for itch will be out in 2011...
so best policy is the one that gets me the most heat around here. wait till it comes out and if you need video tomorrow you might want to look for a different solution
2Smooth420 7:29 AM - 23 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

they also said that bridge for itch will be out in 2011...
so best policy is the one that gets me the most heat around here. wait till it comes out and if you need video tomorrow you might want to look for a different solution

+1 Kraal. No offense to all the others "dying" to have Video in Itch. But like Kraal said they claimed Bridge would be out for itch in 2011. EVEN ABLETON had that posted. So if you REALLY REALLY need Video in your setup, then you need to look at a different solution. Because Serato hasn't even claimed (as far as i know) an estimated time frame for Video like they did with Bridge. So all these people that dying for Video need to find another solution for now, cause Video.....like bridge.......isn't coming anytime soon.....all in due time though
Paco71 9:02 AM - 23 December, 2011
+1
If you really need video and want to stay with SERATO you SSL + VSL (video SL)...
Maskrider 5:40 PM - 23 December, 2011
If you want Serato Video just get the TTM57sl.
serkan 9:52 PM - 23 December, 2011
Quote:

Or SL 1, SL 2, SL 3, SL 4, Sixty-Eight, MP 4
Maskrider 10:18 PM - 23 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Or SL 1, SL 2, SL 3, SL 4, Sixty-Eight, MP 4

I was about to add it.....lol
pdidy 3:00 AM - 24 December, 2011
I must say its nice to see everyone on the same page with these matters of when something new is coming out. Its a good look.
Ksdjs dj m&m 6:40 PM - 24 December, 2011
I just want to know when is itch going to have video
Dj Ace 7:15 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
I just want to know when is itch going to have video

when it its finished
DJ Kos 9:03 PM - 26 December, 2011
I already have Serato Scratch Live with VSL and TTM 57 for video. I have been using it for years. I just would like to have an option to use a nice controller that I am comfortable with sometimes as an option. Can't believe it has taken this long to get an option for a controller with Serato video. Would be nice if they could just unlock the midi options to control the platters in Scratch Live. But I know thats never going to happen. One can only dream.
Maskrider 5:28 AM - 27 December, 2011
Your not alone most of the people here are waiting for it.
mfshva7 8:58 AM - 27 December, 2011
@dj kos

it is not possible to control SSL an VSL with any Midicontroller?
Paco71 9:25 AM - 27 December, 2011
You can control all SSL and VSL functions except the SSL platters it's locked for midi mapping ;(
DJ GWG 4:18 PM - 27 December, 2011
Since Itch is for digital controller/media only, I don't see why they couldn't program the plugin to work for Itch...
Maskrider 4:40 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
Since Itch is for digital controller/media only, I don't see why they couldn't program the plugin to work for Itch...

They might be doing it right now in the Lab but further testing and stability issues needs to be work on so it's not that easy to just Implement it. Or They have reasons to delay the implementation of the video plug in due to bug reports that needed to be sorted out first.
DJ GWG 6:24 PM - 27 December, 2011
I hope so, Mask. I just wish they'd give us some damned info! :)
Maskrider 10:28 PM - 27 December, 2011
This place is a tightly knit community so we will let you know if something is going on...Wink...Wink ......lol
Dj Ace 3:29 AM - 28 December, 2011
LOL
damehype 4:54 PM - 28 December, 2011
Bridgid commented earlier that there would soon be an announcement regarding Video for Itch and reiterated that all future updates would be free of charge but didn't elaborate.....yet...
Qoolee Kid 7:57 PM - 11 January, 2012
if you're looking to use a controller with Serato V-SL, Denon MC6000 can be fully mapped with use of an SL box, including jog wheels. only thing that cannot be mapped with this unit is the LED lights, although if you have traktor installed on your computer, you can open up traktor, push all the buttons so they light up, open up SSL and that's the workaround for that.

personally, i'm going to pick up this unit because it's especially good for doing mobile gigs. just adds that extra touch to the party. only take back is that the jog wheels are small.
mfshva7 10:45 AM - 13 January, 2012
many thanks for this great hint :-) i think i will try a Denon MC6000
Paco71 3:07 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
if you're looking to use a controller with Serato V-SL, Denon MC6000 can be fully mapped with use of an SL box, including jog wheels.

Are you certain of this ?
Paco71 3:07 PM - 13 January, 2012
I mean are you the jog wheels can be mapped ?
phatbob 3:12 PM - 13 January, 2012
There is a giant thread about it in the Scratch Live general discussion area.

You could look there or do a search.
Paco71 3:18 PM - 13 January, 2012
thx phatbob ;)
Qoolee Kid 4:08 PM - 13 January, 2012
You can YouTube it as well. There's a few videos showing how to do it as well as how well it works
DJ Kos 5:24 PM - 13 January, 2012
Interesting
dj-freestyle 7:02 PM - 13 January, 2012
Ya dj unique has the map for people if you ask him nicely.
Qoolee Kid 7:46 PM - 13 January, 2012
is that his tag on this forum? "dj unique"
dj-freestyle 6:37 PM - 16 January, 2012
yes sir, look on forum there is a lead for it
DJ GWG 3:17 PM - 17 January, 2012
Bam!
serato.com
DJ GWG 3:21 PM - 17 January, 2012
...and 2 days left to buy Video-SL for $99, which upgrades free to the Video plugin for SSL and Itch which will retail for $149. Buy, buy, buy!
Qoolee Kid 3:49 PM - 17 January, 2012
yezzir!!! VIDEO FOR ITCH AVAILABLE MARCH 2012!!!
Dj_Nix 3:53 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
...and 2 days left to buy Video-SL for $99, which upgrades free to the Video plugin for SSL and Itch which will retail for $149. Buy, buy, buy!

truth! +99 (dollars) that is lol
DJ Kos 5:48 AM - 18 January, 2012
Finally
Dave The One 6:40 AM - 18 January, 2012
Nice; Just bought it.
irieproductions 2:15 PM - 18 January, 2012
Just purchased Video-SL as wel. now just sitting with a product key until march :D
phatbob 2:51 PM - 18 January, 2012
All I would say to Itch users who are new to video, spend your time until March reading the Video SL General Discussion area.

There is a WEALTH of knowledge in there.

You'll probably find any question you have about video had already been answered in there, too.
Qoolee Kid 5:35 PM - 18 January, 2012
so if i buy now and match my product key to my NS7 in march, that means i have to buy another to match with my NS6?
serkan 5:44 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
so if i buy now and match my product key to my NS7 in march, that means i have to buy another to match with my NS6?

No. All you have to do is to use it on the same computer.
dj-freestyle 9:35 PM - 18 January, 2012
No its one time buy. never again. you can use it on all your products.