DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Reggaeton

djdjjus 4:40 PM - 20 August, 2005
I am just gettin into reggaeton, does anyone know any dope sh*t out there???
bush 4:59 PM - 20 August, 2005
What the hell is reggaeton anyway?
nik39 5:33 PM - 20 August, 2005
en.wikipedia.org <- click
bush 5:56 PM - 20 August, 2005
Oh yeah daddy yankee I know that ejit, that stuff sucks balls. LoL
BassChamber 6:11 PM - 20 August, 2005
sorry, i should shut up but... yeah, that stuff reaaaaally sucks balls :S

underground forever...
DJ MDX 6:36 PM - 20 August, 2005
Are you looking for a subcription service or just track names.

www.thesourceformusic.com is a good start to look.

I subscribe to www.tmcentury.com and they have a good selection in their Latin or PC Latin.
diego vega 10:16 PM - 20 August, 2005
Is reggaeton famous and liked around the world? I thought it was majorly a central/south american thing... I hate it haha ... lyrics are awfull! electroooo forever!!!!
KMXE 11:02 PM - 20 August, 2005
in australia its starting to pick up a lot, but its still in its infant stages.... not sure how long it will last though
skutch 12:12 AM - 21 August, 2005
alot of carribean music is great.

re: underground. if you buy it in stores it aint underground. i think you might call it that because only a few people can stomach droning techno. :)
nik39 12:48 AM - 21 August, 2005
The germans like the main stream reggaetin, you can play it in any hh/rnb/dancehall party.
Charlie 6:47 AM - 21 August, 2005
Are there any places where we can find legit Reggaeton MP3s?
mexicannnnnn 6:47 AM - 21 August, 2005
Yeah I'm a fan. I like the reggaeton that is mixed with a bachata beat the most.
BassChamber 11:51 AM - 21 August, 2005
i said that because i really hate latin music. it has become into a plague in my country, it eats the music scene. raggaeton is simple, repetitive, and treat the women like objects and spreads the stinky "latin macho" myth.

really puke... :S (i promise you this is my last post in this thread! :) )
DJ MDX 12:28 PM - 21 August, 2005
Quote:
i said that because i really hate latin music. it has become into a plague in my country, it eats the music scene.

And you live in Spain!

Surely I must be missing something????
BassChamber 12:36 PM - 21 August, 2005
im not the only one, there are a lot of people here in Spain that hates it. but it is everywhere, evertime :S

you know, not every Spanish likes raggaeton, sevillanas, and bullfights... (i broke my promise! :D )
DJ MDX 12:49 PM - 21 August, 2005
Quote:
im not the only one, there are a lot of people here in Spain that hates it. but it is everywhere, evertime :S

you know, not every Spanish likes raggaeton, sevillanas, and bullfights... (i broke my promise! :D )

LOL!
That was not what I meant...but funny as hell.

So you dont like any kind of music (all genre's) with latin/hispanic influence or in Spanish.....that was more of what I meant.

So can you break your promise one more time....lol :D
mexicannnnnn 12:50 PM - 21 August, 2005
Quote:
i broke my promise! :D

HAHA... didnt even last a day.
Melissa 7:47 PM - 21 August, 2005
In defense of Reggaeton- it is obviously not for everyone... I like it but I hate drum n bass and techno... to each his own...

All I know is it makes girls dance...

I love hip hop, reggae, dancehall and latin so reggaeton works for me. I like the tropical flavor. Yes the lyrics may be degrading to women but it is party music- not trying to change the world!.
DJ MDX 9:36 PM - 21 August, 2005
Quote:
In defense of Reggaeton- it is obviously not for everyone... I like it ......... to each his own...

I love hip hop, reggae, dancehall and latin so reggaeton works for me. I like the tropical flavor. Yes the lyrics may be degrading to women but it is party music- not trying to change the world!.

Ditto!!

I like it all...If I can spin it and make some money while having a good time it is in my library.
BassChamber 11:01 PM - 21 August, 2005
Quote:

Yes the lyrics may be degrading to women but it is party music- not trying to change the world!.

to be a girl = to not have a brain?

you are a woman, you SHOULD try to change the world!!!! now, we are going offtopic tono much... :P
BassChamber 11:02 PM - 21 August, 2005
offtopic too much... :P
mexicannnnnn 11:02 PM - 21 August, 2005
I like DnB and Reggaeton... come to think of if genres... I just dont like Country music. Except Shania...shes shoo hot! (and a fellow Canadian ;-) )
DJ EmDeaZiL 3:22 AM - 22 August, 2005
Reggaeton is HUGE here in nyc... I can never play a spot without being asked for it by scores of females that want to shake their booty! God Bless it.
Melissa 2:35 PM - 22 August, 2005
Quote:
Quote:

Yes the lyrics may be degrading to women but it is party music- not trying to change the world!.

to be a girl = to not have a brain?

you are a woman, you SHOULD try to change the world!!!! now, we are going offtopic tono much... :P

Where do I begin to respond to this...
a) I'm playing reggaeton in a club, not on the radio. I'm trying to make everyone dance, smile and reggaeton has a way of making people get freaky. In a club, that's what we're trying to do.
b) the songs I'm playing are not vile and disgusting, they are sexual in a good way. Las mujeres le gusta la gasolina tambien...

and by btw mexicannnnnn, i love country- the old stuff like old hank williams sr, freddy fender...
BassChamber 2:44 PM - 22 August, 2005
i understand you Melissa, a club dj has to make people dance and drink, thats the reason he/she is getting paid for.

unfortunately, most times that means playing crappy music :S

... remember Macarena?? :D
BassChamber 2:44 PM - 22 August, 2005
heeey macarena! xD
skutch 3:02 PM - 22 August, 2005
Quote:
i love country- the old stuff like old hank williams sr, freddy fender...

exactly--real country not the vh-1 jawns
DJ Irv 3:50 PM - 22 August, 2005
Reggeaton is dope. It's been around since the early 90's. I have some exclusive stuff from back then - Don Tito(Hot Dis Year in spanish). It is a bit politcally incorrect, but then again so is Reggae and Hip-Hop. Now trance and techno is not my bag it all sounds the same to me after 10minutes, but people who listen to trance and techno say the same about urban music. Not every one likes latin music and they don't have to they need just to respect it. It's all about the Carribean (Reggae, Merengue, Salsa, Bachata, Reggaeton, Calypso, Solca)

www.reggaetonline.net
DJ EmDeaZiL 6:38 PM - 22 August, 2005
Quote:
heeey macarena! xD

What clubs to do you play??????????????????????????????????
BassChamber 8:08 PM - 22 August, 2005
just kidding mate...
Peeti-V 6:14 AM - 23 August, 2005
Well wish me luck guys ang gals, got a dj audition for a latin club tomorrow in which I will mainly be playing reggaeton and a little bit of rock en espanol
DJ MDX 11:47 AM - 23 August, 2005
Good luck!!!!

You can do it bro!!!!
s42000 4:08 PM - 23 August, 2005
Quote:
offtopic too much... :P

Right ...

I hate all music except Classical and Melodic.
DJ Irv 4:23 PM - 23 August, 2005
F your melodic music! It's all about Polka! Polka and reggaeton
s42000 4:28 PM - 23 August, 2005
I totally enjoyed lasts night Polka Jamboree !!!
DJ Bombjack 5:00 PM - 23 August, 2005
Eh. Reggaeton sucks, can't wait for it to be over.
DJ 3pm 6:46 PM - 23 August, 2005
Quote:
Eh. Reggaeton sucks, can't wait for it to be over.

has disco ever actually died? please say no, because i just picked up the saturday night fever soundtrack on vinyl.
Dj Metro 5:43 AM - 11 January, 2006
reggaeton has been here 4 over 10 years........its a latin thing...and i have traveled half the world with reggaeton before it became mainstream...this is our underground (or at least it was)
DJ Irv 5:53 AM - 11 January, 2006
i use get DJ Playero tapes in the states in the early 90's. Actually wish I still had them. I like the reggaeton sound more then.
DJ Unique 8:59 AM - 12 January, 2006
The posts here are funny.

I play in a club in Los Angeles that caters to a South-American crowd and Reggaeton fills the dance floor as well as Techno/Trance. www.clubterapia.com

I used to spin Disco in the 80's and I can say that Techno, Trance, etc is still Disco.
Well... Disco with updated drum machines and synths.

1980's = Disco vs Rap
2000's = Techno vs Urban
sG 4:31 PM - 12 January, 2006
i gots no problem with reggaeton. its not my forte of music but if the crowd wants it, they get it. it helps that all of the reggaeton songs have the same-ass beat too. you know what i'm talking about. that same 94-96 bpm beat. i'll take dance hall over reggaeton anyday though.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:43 PM - 12 January, 2006
riddim has same beat and melody too :P

only thing sucks is it takes a while for the crowd to recognize these music.

then it becomes "commercial" music
marknonsense1 11:32 PM - 10 January, 2007
Any have mexican music with the clean, dirty and instumentals? I would like all the hit.... but for reggeaton I want it all...

Hit me up if so ....

[links removed]

thanks
dj skiggz 11:40 PM - 10 January, 2007
^^^^LoL
Viewtiful Anthony 11:57 PM - 10 January, 2007
This may song really ignorant, hell this commet is ignorbut, but anyway it seems all the songs have the same drum patterns are extreamly similar drum patterns?
brett rock 12:27 AM - 11 January, 2007
Quote:
This may song really ignorant, hell this commet is ignorbut, but anyway it seems all the songs have the same drum patterns are extreamly similar drum patterns?

thats right, its compltely underwhelming at a club to hear the same thing with a different vocal for hours on end. it comes from dancehall. a bunch of different artist will all do a song using whatever the newest popular beat is so it trends to sound the same. id much (x1000) rather listen to dancehall. i love latin music, but not reggaeton.
Viewtiful Anthony 12:30 AM - 11 January, 2007
yea same here^^^
dj skiggz 1:38 AM - 11 January, 2007
reggaeton sounds the same because it ranges from 95-99 bmp, the beats are different however
Izzy 2:13 AM - 11 January, 2007
Quote:
i said that because i really hate latin music.
There's more to latin music than reggaeton... Spanish rock, ska, house, etc.
CMOS 4:57 AM - 11 January, 2007
I can rock reggaeton all night. In brooklyn when you drop the reggaeton set the place blows the fuck up.
DjSykes 5:57 AM - 11 January, 2007
While it may be true that the pattern sounds the same, it really isn't...what makes a hip hop song a hip hop song, or a rock song a rock song??? It's these patterns...I may be wrong in this and if I am correct me, but isn't this how we defferiniate between genres??? Just my 2 cents...and just for the record reggaton does not just range from 95 - 99. I have reggaton songs that range from 87 bpm all the way up to 120bpm...Culo runs at 120 Bpm and Tocarte Toa fet. La India runs at 87 Bpm...agian just my 2 cents...
DjSykes 6:15 AM - 11 January, 2007
As Far as it being degrading to women, The same could be said about any genre of music when it first started out...(except Polka, Classical, Opera..lol) And I know reggaeton has been around since the 90's but hip hop has been around a lot longer and it's still thought by many to be degrading to women...all im saying is that it's a young genre with a lot of potential...and as stated above it's not for everyone...Neither is hip hop, rock, country, classical, etc...know wat I mean Mate????
Dj 3xile 7:42 AM - 11 January, 2007
i spinn reggaeton in da party scene i am in its all latin..add me on myspace myspace.com/djexile91 but heres the hottest artist out there, WISIn y yandell,tengo calderon,don omar,luny toons,los benjamins,los vaqueros,zion y lennox,mas flow 3.0 is a cd thas hott so is the los vaqueros album and the best one out there is the choosen few part 2
mister iLL 3:39 PM - 11 January, 2007
i'll be very happy when reggaeton disappears forever
CMOS 5:09 PM - 11 January, 2007
The funny shit is i got started on reggaeton listening to a fellow board members (DJ Willie) mix cd's back in the day.
CMOS 5:10 PM - 11 January, 2007
mr ill that aint gonna happen. Reggaeton is here to stay.
Serato, Support
Matt G 10:29 PM - 11 January, 2007
Quote:
Any have mexican music with the clean, dirty and instumentals? I would like all the hit.... but for reggeaton I want it all...

Hit me up if so ....

[links removed]

thanks

marknonsense1, this is the second time I have seen you requesting file trades. Any further requests will result in an immediate ban.
DjWoody 10:42 PM - 11 January, 2007
You guys need to get a hold of some Reggaeton remixes! Those are bomb! I don't like the thuggish reggaeton, I like the Spanish Pop/Rock reggaeton remixes. Have you guys heard Celia Cruz or Santana do reggaeton? When you hear their stuff it's refreshing. They add more instruments and a different vibe and feel to it. It doesn't sound like your typical reggaeton.
dj skiggz 11:07 PM - 11 January, 2007
the majority of it is 95-99 bpm
DjWoody 11:16 PM - 11 January, 2007
I disagree with you. The stuff I play is 100-110 bpm. Usually slower stuff bores me.
marknonsense1 2:03 AM - 12 January, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Hit me up if so ....

[links removed]

thanks

marknonsense1, this is the second time I have seen you requesting file trades. Any further requests will result in an immediate ban.

Sorry about that.... if you have reggeaton records to sell or know where I can get some but that have the clean, dirty and instumentals and not illegal but from a record pool or something put up the link...... thanks
Dj Rocky 2:39 AM - 12 January, 2007
Hey Marknonsense1 try iTunes store and search for reggaeton.
DJ Unique 6:58 AM - 12 January, 2007
Marknonsense1
Go to a local Latin music store and just ask for Reggaeton.
dj shadow from detroit 7:44 PM - 14 January, 2007
i like the hip hop reggaeton track's
like the 50 cent disco enferno remix
does anyone know where to get remixes like that?
thank you