Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

vids wont play

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL 1.2.0
Scratch Live 2.3.1
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ Persona 9:04 PM - 18 December, 2011
i have .m4v vids that come up with a lightning bolt type icon beside them in serato, when i play them the video seems to play, but no audio, and the track looks like it is stuck at the end...
DeeJay Fingers 9:23 PM - 18 December, 2011
Those are marked as " corrupt" files you want to get rid of those, cause they will make the program crash. serato.com
DJ Persona 9:41 PM - 18 December, 2011
yep, sometimes it will crash, other times its as i explained....just rip 'em over again eh?
DJ Persona 9:41 PM - 18 December, 2011
they play fine everywhere else is what is strange...
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 4:26 AM - 19 December, 2011
Hi DJ Persona,

The files that you are describing ( with lightning bolt icon ) have been deemed corrupt by Scratch Live for not fullfilling the correct format and codec standard for some reason. Do you analyze all the files you bring in to your Scratch Live library ? Once files have been analyzed you should remove any corrupt files from your Scratch Live library as these will cause Scratch Live to crash.
You can try re-encoding those corrupt files to a Video-SL compatible format with Handbrake or similar video encoding software.

The recommended container is MP4 with the H.264 Codec for video and AAC Codec for audio.

The video part of your file should have keyframes every 15-25 frames.

If you use Handbrake to encode your video files we have created a preset you can use. There is a preset for PC and preset for Mac.

We recommend using both of the following codecs for DirectShow for use with Video-SL:

TIP: Click the codec name to download.

* FFDShow www.free-codecs.com
* Haali Media Splitter (MatroskaSplitter) haali.su

Use the defaults when installing.

Note: If no codec is found, then QuickTime will be used to decode the video.

If you could detail your full computer specs including the graphics card and install the recomended codec packages and we'll take it from there.

Anthony
popnwave 3:17 PM - 19 December, 2011
Quote:
i have .m4v vids that come up with a lightning bolt type icon beside them in serato, when i play them the video seems to play, but no audio, and the track looks like it is stuck at the end...

I know this might sound stupid, but I had all sorts of quirks when I used my videos as .m4v instead of leaving them as .mp4. Especially when it came to tagging. I just mass renamed all of my files and some of the issues went away.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 4:32 AM - 21 December, 2011
Hi DJ Persona,

Could you please download the new Scratch Live version 2.3.3 and analyze your files in this version and let me know the outcome.

Download the new version from here; sera.to
5:00 AM, 4 Jan 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.