DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

office Christmas parties... how cheesy do you go?

Daktyl 7:22 PM - 16 December, 2011
just what the title says. have one tonight and i have the fridge stocked up with all kinds of cheese just in case it's that kind of party. Hope i don't have to get too cheesy, but i'm prepared to. so how corny have some of you guys gotten at corporate Christmas gigs?
phonze 7:23 PM - 16 December, 2011
incredibly cheesy, particularly if it's a bunch of old office people.
DJ Wade-West 7:35 PM - 16 December, 2011
Interested in hearing how cheesy you think cheesy is
RaySwift 7:39 PM - 16 December, 2011
sacrilicious 7:52 PM - 16 December, 2011
Sounds like I'm playing on 4x JBL VRX918SPs and 4x JBL VRX932s tomorrow (for what worked out to be 50 or so people dancing last year) so I might have to forgo the cheese and play dubstep instead ha.

Overkill ftw!
sacrilicious 1:02 AM - 17 December, 2011
I think I'll avoid these links and just get my fill of bass in during soundcheck, ha
dj_soo 4:00 AM - 17 December, 2011
read the crowd and determine how cheesy they want to go :P

I usually go pretty cheesy, but there are certain lines I only cross if I think I can get away with it...
Daktyl 7:45 AM - 17 December, 2011
yeah, it was that kind of party.... i may as well have been in wisconsin for all the cheese i threw down tonight lol. Super rich country club crowd too, so EVERYONE had an exaggerated sense of entitlement. Everyone was happy with the Christmas music, but the old people bitched when i played anything recorded after 1950, and the younger people bitched when i played anything recorded before 1990. i think i heard every cliche from the "worst comment/request" thread tonight... i worked the party with a buddy though. We ran interference for each other with the requesters/complainers, so it wasn't too bad, but it definitely turned into a "just a paycheck" gig real quick... Chad, i wish i would have seen those links before i headed out... it would have amused the hell out of me to drop those tracks and watch some of these crusty old cunts have heart attacks haha
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:11 AM - 17 December, 2011
Lol @ Chads xmas dubstep.

Christmas Parties are pretty much the perfect night for cheese bangers.

Its almost like a 50th birthday, that happens every year, for every one.

I missed the Serato Xmas party unfortunately..we had DJ Vajra play at a local club! I heard it was real good too..I was out of town unfortunately :(
slimmjimm 1:14 PM - 17 December, 2011
Quote:
Christmas Parties are pretty much the perfect night for cheese bangers.

Its almost like a 50th birthday, that happens every year, for every one.

This. I have two next week, but they're generally decent gigs, with plenty of cheese for the lulz.

Quote:
Lol @ Chads xmas dubstep.

My head assploded.
DJ Tecniq 1:15 PM - 17 December, 2011
After there wasted play this one :)
Watchwww.youtube.com