Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

is this the new Vestax-ITCH controller?

djcerla 2:07 PM - 16 December, 2011
If you look at the rightmost "UFO" it definitely looks like a VCI-300 kind of controller Watchvimeo.com
djcerla 2:10 PM - 16 December, 2011
part two: Watchvimeo.com

wild guesses in 3... 2... 1...
djcerla 2:12 PM - 16 December, 2011
I start:

leftmost "UFO" > A&H Xone:DX2
middle "UFO" > Novation Twitch PRO
rightmost "UFO" > Vestax VCI-600

so, a Serato teasing campaign.
breakermixer 2:59 PM - 16 December, 2011
À la Cloverfield style!!! Watchwww.youtube.com
serkan 3:20 PM - 16 December, 2011
Looks like Denon to me.
DJ CAPRO 4:23 PM - 16 December, 2011
projectultra.net

My (potentially way off) read of this X-Files campaign:

"key flight control structures" = ability to change song key on the fly

"manual control of all computerized equipment was momentarily lost" = no more manual mixing with jogs and pitch faders

"intelligent control" = improved software autopilot features, ie. sync

"no lasting ill effects" = so... these controllers are gonna have decent effects?

[last paragraph...] = these units may work with other jogwheel systems, maybe

So yeah, basically just deliver the new software effects to everyone please ;-)
tymon 8:59 PM - 16 December, 2011
Doubt it! Would be nice... But highly doubt it. Even if one of those is an itch controller, i'd be suprised.
irieproductions 1:29 AM - 17 December, 2011
theres definitely new itch gear coming, it has too. remember they need to eat and they wont eat if you stay forever with the same controller, you need to renew your controller at least twice a year plus the new comers.

I'm sure namm will start showing the first ITCH controllers with onboard sample control and one or 2 extra features, probably dedicated filters.
VxJasonxV 1:32 AM - 17 December, 2011
As much as I would love a new TWITCH, it hasn't even been a year. Has it even been half a year?
DJ CAPRO 3:43 AM - 17 December, 2011
Quote:
theres definitely new itch gear coming, it has too. remember they need to eat and they wont eat if you stay forever with the same controller, you need to renew your controller at least twice a year plus the new comers.

No, DJing is DJing.

Get the basics in order, establish standards, equip the masses.

Otherwize eat your future.
irieproductions 10:12 PM - 17 December, 2011
thats not how it works, at the end of the day this is all business for Serato and all manufacturers. This is whats called a "refresh" so you keep buying shit even if its just a better processor or a better fader or whatever. With the addition of sampler a whole new line of gear will come out from the different Serato partners with sampler controls, this makes it attractive to current ITCH gear owners to make the upgrade and put money in their pockets.
DJ CAPRO 6:29 PM - 18 December, 2011
Nah. I've been buying top end DJ equipment for 10+ years mainly because it's built to last. If the new direction is building lightbulbs that burn out then I'll just resume using my DVS setup with Rane, Technics, Vestax, and Pioneer components that are made to last a lifetime.
Maskrider 1:13 AM - 19 December, 2011
If that's a VCI they already got my money.
irieproductions 3:19 AM - 19 December, 2011
controllers is a whole different game than high end mixers and tabletop cd players bro.
TristanW 12:03 PM - 19 December, 2011
They still should be good quality, there are no excuses anymore.
Stan Collins 1:36 PM - 19 December, 2011
I have to say most controllers have a shocking build quality....
Personally I went for the Xone DX after coming from my trusty Xone 92 and 1ds but even had to return the DX today due to a master out problem..Got it swapped for a new unit though...
That said I'd trust the general build quality on the DX over nearly all controllers...
Infact I'd only buy what I have or a Vestax...
And as Tristan said there should be no excuses with most decent controllers costing over £500 they should be built to last....I work damn hard for my money so expect my equipment to do the same...
S
djcerla 1:38 PM - 19 December, 2011
ITCH controllers (excluding the Twitch) are built like tanks. I'd venture as far as saying that V7s are "perfectly" built :)
Maskrider 1:45 AM - 20 December, 2011
There is no doubt about V7 I hope other companies follow the same model of making quality controllers.
KD1011 7:15 AM - 20 December, 2011
I somehow don't think they are traktor controllers, because otherwise DJ Tech Tools would be hyping them like crazy.
Instead their coverage was rather negative, unlike Skratchworx.
serkan 9:33 AM - 20 December, 2011
Skratchworx:
Open minded for any manufacturer/developer even if they put big-ass advertising everwhere (see Numark NS6 = the whole look and feel of Skratchworx was about the NS6 but the review was totally objective).

DJ Tech Tools:
Native Instruments faboys. Nothing more to say.
Adverts <> Reviews
TristanW 10:58 AM - 20 December, 2011
Still keen on a v7(I'd grab a set if i had the coin laying around) but still a lot to lug out to a club and I'd still have to use a bloody djm800 lol. Might still be the best option if namm has no surprises. Come on a&h or denon.....

Anyway back to the area 51, lights in the sky, anal probing, ET dj controller.
skratchworx 11:06 AM - 20 December, 2011
Thank you serkan - your support is greatly appreciated.
KD1011 12:15 PM - 20 December, 2011
Quote:
Skratchworx:
Open minded for any manufacturer/developer even if they put big-ass advertising everwhere (see Numark NS6 = the whole look and feel of Skratchworx was about the NS6 but the review was totally objective).

DJ Tech Tools:
Native Instruments faboys. Nothing more to say.
Adverts <> Reviews

Amen.
If you ask me, Skratchworx is the most professional DJ blog out there, bar none.
Top notch reviews, photography and exclusives...:D

All DJTT does is try to sell items from their store, one of their recent posts was targeted at 10 year olds...

Did anyone else catch the recent Skratchworx Easter egg from the viral campaign? :P
TristanW 12:36 PM - 20 December, 2011
There is definitely something about the tone of skratchworx that sets it apart.
KD1011 12:40 PM - 20 December, 2011
For those who missed it:

i.imgur.com

It was taken from the viral blog, :P
DJ Frank Labate 10:52 PM - 20 December, 2011
A lot of people have a lot to say about the reliability and build quality of Vestax products. I can say that the VCI-300 looks and feels great, but the reliability in my experience just wasn't there. If you check out the Help Request section of the forum for VCI-300 you can see there is no shortage of problems. I had a mobile gig this past Saturday and earlier on in the day I decided to do a little mixing practice and overnight the left platter just stopped working. Period. It was nerve racking. I had to do emergency surgery on it for like the fifth time. By know I know the inside of the VCI-300 like the back of my hand. I fixed it, but still, i mean, c'mon. Not to mention that last year I had to send it to be repaired because out of NOWHERE the up-faders just stopped working all together which took months to get back. BTW i'm talking about the VCI-300mkII. I feel like people think it's a more reliable product than it really is. I love it, but I just hate having to revive the damn thing. That, and the VFX-1 are the only Vestax products I own and apparently they have a great track record so maybe they just dropped the ball on the VCI-300 but until I see great feedback for a few months after release I wont be too hasty to buy a new Vestax controller.
ktern 3:15 AM - 21 December, 2011
Quote:
ITCH controllers (excluding the Twitch) are built like tanks. I'd venture as far as saying that V7s are "perfectly" built :)

Uh-oh. Should I be worried that my Twitch will fall apart?
serkan 9:57 PM - 23 December, 2011
The build quality of Twitch is really good for it's price.
But it's definitely not a Vestax or Allen & Heath.
It's comparable with Pioneer, Denon, and alikes. Really good but not "like a tank".
DJ CAPRO 2:12 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
A lot of people have a lot to say about the reliability and build quality of Vestax products. I can say that the VCI-300 looks and feels great, but the reliability in my experience just wasn't there...

Everything's been holding up 100% for me but I'll cross my fingers... Mind you I leave a decksaver on it at all times to keep dust out of the jog wheels and put an Innofader in it.
CAW 9:46 PM - 26 December, 2011
Anyone that has an issue with build quality needs to come meet the NS7. You could drop one on your foot and it wouldn't even show a scratch. Your foot, on the other hand, would be shattered into pulp...

I've had no build-quality issues with my Xone:DX, either. But the NS7 is in a league by itself for build quality. On the other hand, the Vestax-300 always felt rather flimsy to me...
Dj Ace 5:46 PM - 29 December, 2011
I think one of the items in the UFO is a bridge controller or an akai itch controller!
Solidsnake 8:48 PM - 29 December, 2011
On an unrelated note from this video...

Numark V6 for new ITCH controller?

Pretty logical to me... NS7 --- V7..... NS6 --- V6

This would let Numark give the option for the Vinyl feel (V7) in addition to an NDX-like ITCH controller (V6)
elsupermang 9:33 PM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:

This would let Numark give the option for the Vinyl feel (V7) in addition to an NDX-like ITCH controller (V6)

Almost feels like a redundant upgrade though. Whats the big difference from a 7" vinyl to a 6" vinyl? And why would you choose one over the other? It would just confuse the consumer and it would come down to price mostly. NS7, V7, and NS6 are very different enough products that appeal in distinct ways.
Solidsnake 9:36 PM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Almost feels like a redundant upgrade though. Whats the big difference from a 7" vinyl to a 6" vinyl? And why would you choose one over the other? It would just confuse the consumer and it would come down to price mostly. NS7, V7, and NS6 are very different enough products that appeal in distinct ways.

Not a 6" vinyl... a 6" platter a la NS6 platter. People coming from CDJ's or NDX's would go for this, just like the Technics users who's first controller was an NS7 or V7
Ragman 9:46 PM - 29 December, 2011
Basically stand-alone motor platter (V7) vs. stand-alone static platter (V6). Looking at my NS6 right now and it actually makes sense. Especially with the decrease in weight and I'm sure less resource usage on your lappy a V6 would bring.
elsupermang 10:17 PM - 29 December, 2011
cool got it. Makes sense now. Not something I would personally want but someone else might.
damehype 10:45 PM - 29 December, 2011
I just don't see the point. If the V7 wasn't as successful as Numark hoped, why would a V6 be?
Ragman 11:10 PM - 29 December, 2011
The V6 would be akin to making a CDJ a dedicated Itch controller without cd slots. Many DJs who use CDJs (which is a lot) would be right at home with it, while still allowing you to use your own mixer. By the way I think the V7s are very successful. ;-)