DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

$$$ cyclone

bandoma 11:15 AM - 27 October, 2007
just got back from this halloween gig. some dood asked me to play cyclone and i said no since i already played it.

the guy pulls out his wallet and says here's $100.

i say OK, play the song and get on the mic to give him a shout
out.

in the past, i received $20-$30 to play a song never $100.

any of you guys have any stories like this?
DJ Josh V 11:19 AM - 27 October, 2007
Ya I got a bill once from an old guy when I used to spin at this bar.He wanted me to play some old school funk song that his wife wanted to hear.I killed the crowed but 1 song for $100 bucks?Whatever.
dj disturbed 7:02 PM - 27 October, 2007
i used to have an old guy who came to the club EARLY in the night every thursday and friday night... he would give me $100 for every Jimmy Buffet song i played.. it was early in the night soi would make like $200-300 befor anyone else realy got to the club
a-swift 7:33 PM - 27 October, 2007
i got a $100 to play love plus one haircut one hundred. it was actually more like a bet because he didnt believe i had it. either way, i got paid and killed my crowd
Dj Nyce 8:00 PM - 27 October, 2007
i got $100 once to play commodores - brick house. went over well with the crowd.
bourbonstmc 8:34 PM - 27 October, 2007
Quote:
i used to have an old guy who came to the club EARLY in the night every thursday and friday night... he would give me $100 for every Jimmy Buffet song i played.. it was early in the night soi would make like $200-300 befor anyone else realy got to the club

If that was the case, I'd play 7 or 8 in a row...

I got $200 to let a guy sing on stage once. I turned down $100 and didn't blink. And the best part is he was REALLY good and the crowd LOVED him. The only bad part was one of my MC's was pissed later that I only gave them $40 each and kept $120. Hey, I talked the extra $100 out of him...
Logisticalstyles 8:39 PM - 27 October, 2007
I had one guy come in and tell me he's with Big Cat Records, and asked me to play all of the Gucci Mane songs that I had for $100. I only had three, but I played them and I shouted him out. My dancefloor didn't change either. Not bad
CQuence 9:08 PM - 27 October, 2007
I had this old white dude at my club last night rockin some shorts and a USC wind breaker jacket that kept comin up to me askin me to play Kool Mo Dee and Janet Jackson "Pleasure Princicple" He kept flashin 20 bucks in my face but I refused. I cant front though, that Janet song is bangin and I drop it when the time is right
a-swift 5:42 PM - 28 October, 2007
dang son, i play pleasure principle
DJBlisk 6:02 PM - 28 October, 2007
got offered $100 bucks to give the mic to this dude so he could sing happy bday to his girl. I said PASS.
frost-9 5:08 AM - 29 October, 2007
I got $250 for playing a couple salsa songs for some dude a while back..

Needless to say, that only happened once.
dirtbag filthy 5:12 AM - 29 October, 2007
id play it and pull a rrrrreeeeeeewiiiiiiiiinnnnnddddd

and play it again

thanks sucka
DVDjHardy 5:57 AM - 29 October, 2007
I was offered $2 (yeah you read that right) on my way to the bar to grab some water Thursday night. I said no thinks and the dude throws it across the booth like "No man, just take it!". Then as I'm walking away and one of my friends is playing the next song for me, he says "I want my $2 back because you're not the DJ!"...LOL!
frost-9 11:24 AM - 29 October, 2007
Quote:
I was offered $2 (yeah you read that right) on my way to the bar to grab some water Thursday night. I said no thinks and the dude throws it across the booth like "No man, just take it!". Then as I'm walking away and one of my friends is playing the next song for me, he says "I want my $2 back because you're not the DJ!"...LOL!

"hang on to it bud.. and buy yourself another one of those outfits.."
Dj Silver Glass 2:53 PM - 29 October, 2007
I was handed a wad of cash that was around $100 bucks after I straightned it out lol for any linkin park I had in my system.
DJ-A 5:13 PM - 29 October, 2007
5 minutes till the night was done, i was playing at a place in Park City, Utah. a guy says he was just getting close with thic chick and to keep playing so he could keep talking with her. i said sorry time to go, he handed me $40 to see if i could play 1 more song. they said i could keep going till i wanted to go home. i played for another hour making $40 per song
StevenWayne 5:19 PM - 29 October, 2007
thats funny, big money cyclone
cappinkirk 6:49 PM - 29 October, 2007
i got offered 50 bucks (mostly 5's) to play "leather so soft" and I made a baltimore blend of it live...the guy didn't like the blend (i think he was just being a broke a$$, a lot of people were dancing to it) and he complained that he wanted his money back so I threw it all in the air and he had to pick it all up off the floor.
bandoma 8:37 PM - 29 October, 2007
the funny part about the guy who gave me the $100 was that I messed up his name when I gave him a shout out.

on a side note, my buddy was tipped a $100 from some random dood at the club just for doing a good job.
DJ-A 8:49 PM - 29 October, 2007
nice! I made a DJ some money from last saturday. we were doing a Dual DJ show.

I introduced him and said he loves money... so if there is a song you like, showing him a little appreciation may even get you song played sooner.