Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Somebody I use to know (Niros Redrum) Gotye

Niro 12:16 AM - 10 December, 2011
Let me know what you think, chill 60's vibe, it is very not rap.

Watchvimeo.com

Video and mp3 download at on video page.

Thanks
Dj.Mojo 9:50 AM - 2 March, 2012
Thx man, just found your edit.
phatbob 11:49 AM - 2 March, 2012
Nice one dude, it's number 1 in the UK charts this week so that's well handy.
DJ JT Stevens 1:30 PM - 2 March, 2012
Nice edit Niro. Really like how the beat is solid and consistent yet not overpowering. It fits the vibe of the track really well.

Download link isn't working for me though.

Holy crap...94 million hits on YouTube. Didn't realize it was that popular. Just started hearing it in the last month or so.
Dj.Mojo 12:21 PM - 3 March, 2012
Here in Germany every cat made a remix for it. I have already listened to it too many times. Too bad the public obviously hasnĀ“t ;-)
Eloy Garcia 7:04 AM - 6 March, 2012
Cool!
djbigboy 4:25 PM - 6 March, 2012
Agree on comment about the beat being solid but not overpowering!!! i am not how sure this will fit into a urban set of hip hop powers and solid top 40 electro remixes...end of night?
Niro 4:36 PM - 6 March, 2012
Thanks for the comments. This wan't intended to be played in a club or anything. I did it because I loved the song and wanted to add a little more to it. Nothing special, just a little more. I would recommend the mindset remix if you want to play it primetime. I also did a video edit for the mindset remix, lmk if you want me to post it on vimeo.

If you like that kind of stuff, I would recommend Club 8, Phantogram and stuff by The Green Hornets W/Holly Golightly.
Millz 9:02 PM - 6 March, 2012
likes it
DJMark 12:47 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. This wan't intended to be played in a club or anything. I did it because I loved the song and wanted to add a little more to it. Nothing special, just a little more. I would recommend the mindset remix if you want to play it primetime. I also did a video edit for the mindset remix, lmk if you want me to post it on vimeo.

It worked real nice at the end of the night last weekend, so thanks for that.

Not every video edit has to be a "banger". :-)
DJ JT Stevens 1:17 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
It worked real nice at the end of the night last weekend, so thanks for that.

Not every video edit has to be a "banger". :-)

Agreed. I know a few spots around here that this edit would go over huge with.
Millz 5:48 AM - 7 March, 2012
I did a simple redrum and a dubstep mix @ www.crooklynclan.net
Dj.Mojo 10:44 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
lmk if you want me to post it on vimeo..

I would appreciate it!
slimmjimm 2:59 PM - 7 March, 2012
Love this, perfect example of a good redrum.
Eric N 4:16 PM - 7 March, 2012
@Niros - I've been playing this re-drum of yours at beginning or end of night at a couple spots, always goes over well. If you want to post that Mindset one, it would be great for other uses, though!
Niro 7:52 PM - 7 March, 2012
I uploaded the Myndset remix to my vimeo page. It's a personal edit, so it might not suit everyone.
SeriousCyrus 9:21 PM - 7 March, 2012
Nice stuff, kept on wondering where I'd heard the name before, finally searched the library, there was a lovely melancholic mix by supermayer of another gotye song on one of the Kompakt sampler albums

Watchwww.youtube.com

Ugh, I'm a hipster.
phatbob 9:28 PM - 7 March, 2012
Haha, you totally are...

Do you ride a fixie? ;o)
DJ JT Stevens 9:31 PM - 7 March, 2012
Or drink PBR, while wearing glasses with no lenses? Or maybe you're waxing your handlebar mustache right now?
SeriousCyrus 9:32 PM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
Haha, you totally are...

Do you ride a fixie? ;o)

A friend of mine runs a skate shop, he also sells some gorgeous fixies, I've been tempted.....

Quote:
Or drink PBR, while wearing glasses with no lenses? Or maybe you're waxing your handlebar mustache right now?

Lost the beard and moustache years ago, got to mainstream.
Dj.Mojo 8:47 AM - 8 March, 2012
THx for the upload NIro.