DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hey Pdidy, I Need Your Opinion.....

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:41 PM - 4 December, 2011
What's good dude? I know you have a GREAT Understanding of what I would expect in terms of sound as we have some of the same expectations of speakers, and you know what you're talking about.

Well, space demands kinda inhibit me for using the Cerwin V35's as "Practice Room" speakers anymore.

The plan is to build an Office/Studio, and wheeled carpeted Vegas won't really work out too well with the decor, if you get my drift.

So I guess I will have to go the Powered Speakers route. ***sigh***

This will ultimately serve 2 purposes:
1 - Have a smaller footprint overall of space used
2 - Give me the option to do smaller jobs. Steps are NO JOKE.

So with all that being said, what Powered Speakers do you recommend that would bang on the level that I would appreciate, and still sound decent WITHOUT a sub.

Others may contribute IF you know what you're talking about.... ;-)
pdidy 3:37 AM - 6 January, 2012
Hey DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 ...sorry some how i missed this post.
Ok , In the order of my personal preference:
1. EV-ZXA5
2. QSC KW152
3. Yorkville EF500P

I have personally used all of these speakers and I no for a fact that you will be satisfied with the sound quality and their ability to preform well without subs.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:46 AM - 6 January, 2012
You sir are a Gentleman and a Scholar.
pdidy 6:08 PM - 6 January, 2012
your very welcome .......i own the EV-ZXA5 an they are by far the best dj speaker ive ever used. that be-otch gets loooud , can take some serious abuse and stays clean. down side, its a lil expensive.
djaction 6:49 PM - 6 January, 2012
^also no clip lights on the ZXA5
DJ GaFFle 10:05 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

That's the biggest downside to them. Another downside is only one handle. Other than that, a top notch, extremely loud 2-way powered speaker.
pdidy 10:18 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

True, and therefore should be used with a limiter to keep them at a safe spl.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:31 PM - 6 January, 2012
I NEVER would have thought to listen to the EV....

I heard the KW152, but only ONE, so I should have dude set up both...

And the Yorkville will get checked out also...

I appreciate the review mayne!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:56 AM - 7 January, 2012
Ok, just to be specific, we're talking the ZXA590B, correct?
dj_soo 9:27 AM - 7 January, 2012
yorkvilles are good bang for the buck, but I think the qsc and evs are a level above in terms of sound quality...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 PM - 7 January, 2012
A few of my DJ friends used Yorkvilles, but I hated that "All In One Look" that they had...

I've always been a Tri-Amp man myself :-)
pdidy 4:07 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
Ok, just to be specific, we're talking the ZXA590B, correct?

yes
unless you intend on going BIG an getting 2 per side, because in that case you want the EV-ZXA5 60

the # 60 or 90 = the degree of horn dispersion.
Maskrider 4:12 PM - 7 January, 2012
I do have my Yorkville nx750 for like 4 years no problem sound quality is still at it's best...
pdidy 4:52 PM - 7 January, 2012
i have 6 Yorkville nx750s but im switching too qsc k12s.
JDforKing 5:10 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:

Why the switch pdidy?
Joee 5:37 PM - 7 January, 2012
+1 on the ev zxa5 ,i use them crazy bass for the size of the box, super loud & clean, they can be found for about $1,300 each, pricey but you get what you pay for
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:45 PM - 7 January, 2012
Dude, Guitar Center doesn't even CARRY them jawns...they carry the ZXA1-90...

I like them even MORE now....
Joee 7:56 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:

there the "PANKS" of speakers...lol

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

there the "PANKS" of speakers...lol

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

YO! I was JUST on Ebay looking at those very posts....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 7 January, 2012
LOL! @ the "PANKS" of speakers...

I can dig it!
pdidy 12:50 AM - 8 January, 2012
Quote:

NAA.... your not gona find a pair of these sitting in you local store.
Maskrider 2:12 AM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Why the switch pdidy?

Yes Why do you wanna switch?
pdidy 3:06 AM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why the switch pdidy?

Yes Why do you wanna switch?

size, weight, portability......ive begun to do alot of gigs solo.
Maskrider 3:41 AM - 9 January, 2012
Yeah I'm doing my gigs solo too......Do you think the QSC K12 are comparable to the NX750?
pdidy 4:21 AM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Yeah I'm doing my gigs solo too......Do you think the QSC K12 are comparable to the NX750?

the only trade off is the NX750 has better bass response but since i use them with subs, its crossed over for highs only so is a moot point. i use my ev-zxa5s as full range stand alone when i dont need subs.
DJ Dynamight 6:23 PM - 9 January, 2012
Do they make a carrying bag/case for the EV ZXA5? I've only found an aftermarket one on ebay. I have bags for my K12s that I'm thinking of replacing with the EV.
Joee 6:43 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Do they make a carrying bag/case for the EV ZXA5? I've only found an aftermarket one on ebay. I have bags for my K12s that I'm thinking of replacing with the EV.

yes, look for deals i just got one of ebay for 70 bucks------> www.ebay.com
djaction 6:46 PM - 9 January, 2012
lol who still shops at guitarcenter anymore??

zxa5 is pretty much the loudest+best sounding powered speaker under 2k.. it *CAN* be a bit harsh at high levels though.. but proper eq'ing/roomsetup should negate most of that
DJ Dynamight 6:46 PM - 9 January, 2012
cool, thanks. still not sure if I'm gonna switch yet...just thinking ahead.
DJ GaFFle 7:35 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This link's covers are over $107 each. Try the Tuki covers for the ZXa5: www.ebay.com

Those are the ones I have. I got them when they were about $69 each.
Joee 8:06 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This link's covers are over $107 each. Try the Tuki covers for the ZXa5: www.ebay.com

Those are the ones I have. I got them when they were about $69 each.

thats what i said,"look for deals" you got to read man.........lol

i think $140 it to much also,but when you look at what we pay for the zxa5, are we really going to go cheap on covers, i just got on in today the ev made one, i won the auction for $70 plus i had some ebay bucks, so i got to cover for $55 shipped
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:08 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:

Man, I haven't bought a speaker since 1995, so the Cervin Vega V35's have been holding me down since then.

I generally don't do gigs for under, say 100 people, as a rule....but this was a political move. :-).

I'm sayin, I usually listen to gear before I buy it.
Joee 8:11 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Man, I haven't bought a speaker since 1995, so the Cervin Vega V35's have been holding me down since then.

I generally don't do gigs for under, say 100 people, as a rule....but this was a political move. :-).

I'm sayin, I usually listen to gear before I buy it.

did you order the zxa5's?
eder 1:50 AM - 27 March, 2012
Anyone have any experience with the Yorkville Unity U15Ps?
pdidy 6:23 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

yes.....they are excellent tops. what do you need to no ?
DJ GaFFle 6:38 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

I spent an hour and a half comparing them to my ZXa5's. IIRC:

PRO's
- The bass is deeper with the U15P's. Definitely more prominent than the ZXa5's and that's saying a lot!
- Overall, it was a smoother, more fuller sounding unit. They sound good all the way up to clipping levels.
- Both speakers have a pole mount.

CON's
- They did not get as loud as the ZXa5's. I was disappointed at the volume levels in comparison the the EV's but there aren't many (or any) 2-way powered speakers within reasonable price ranges that can hang with the EV's output.
- The EV's were a little more tingly sounding down low and at mid volumes.
- They are a beast to carry. I believe they are 90 lbs. each..

In my experience, the only powered speakers I can say that reaLLy trumped the ZXa5's in a head-to-head comparison were the 3-way Mackie HD1531's. But that 3-way speaker vs. a 2-way speaker. I'd say they beat the EV's in every category except weight, company support and reliability.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:41 PM - 27 March, 2012
Really? The Mackie HD1531 beat out the EV in your opinion?

I understand it's a 3 way, but still, I always considered Mackie as Whack.
Joee 7:01 PM - 27 March, 2012
mackie's were good, when they were made buy RCF, but i agree wright now mackie's are wack.....didn't EAW buyout mackie?........

thinking that maybe those hd's have some eaw in them.......but than again isn't eaw made in china now?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:04 PM - 27 March, 2012
All I know is that a friend of mine was trying to gas me up about B-52's and I was EXTREMELY unimpressed....
DJ GaFFle 7:44 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
mackie's were good, when they were made buy RCF, but i agree wright now mackie's are wack.....didn't EAW buyout mackie?........

thinking that maybe those hd's have some eaw in them.......but than again isn't eaw made in china now?

The parent company, Loud Technologies, owns both Mackie and EAW. The Mackie HD cabinets have some borrowed EAW technologies in them.

... and yes, they are both Made in China now. That being said, support on Mackie's speakers still sucks but they did a good job on that HD1531. I'm not sure about the 15" 2-way powered HD version and I wouldn't say the same went into the HD1801. My bar/club uses 2 of them and they suck (constantly blown). (nm)
DJ GaFFle 7:46 PM - 27 March, 2012
... I've also heard that the highs fail easily on the HD1531's.
Joee 7:48 PM - 27 March, 2012
i have to setup a system in a local bar i was thinking a eaw frz/ qsc plx2 or powerlight3 combo, i loved eaw's back in the day, are they still making good speakers?
DJ GaFFle 7:52 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
i have to setup a system in a local bar i was thinking a eaw frz/ qsc plx2 or powerlight3 combo, i loved eaw's back in the day, are they still making good speakers?

I don't know about these days... again, the new models are Made in China so take that for what it's worth. EV still has their higher end lines Made in USA. The new ELX line and ZXa1 subs + some of their low cost mics are in China now.
Joee 7:54 PM - 27 March, 2012
was thinking the same thing, i might have to go with a jbl srx/ qsc system
HYDRO MATIC 8:00 PM - 27 March, 2012
personally i cant do the whole "quality made in china speaker" noone ever goes to china to "improve" quality always to improve the bottom line...

so looks like its the EV or YORKVILL this summer
Joee 8:03 PM - 27 March, 2012
jbl is still made in the us wright?
SELECT 8:29 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
was thinking the same thing, i might have to go with a jbl srx/ qsc system

Thats what I use. JBL SRX 715 tops and 718 subs. I just bought a RMX 4050HD amp for the subs this past weekend. Night and day compared to my old crown ce amp. Now my subs bump! Honestly its a VERY expensive, but lightweight system. They are also not for beginners. They are RAW live music speakers so you will need DSP like most powered speakers have. The 715 tops will pierce you eardrums if you use them raw. The 3 in horn is no joke! I use a DBX pa+ for DSP and that configures the proper limiters, crossovers, EQ for what amp and level Im using them at. You will also have a learning curve with the DBX, but once you learn its fairly easy to setup for each gig. You can hear the tops here.
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
jbl is still made in the us wright?

The SRX line is FTW. They just feel solid!
Joee 8:34 PM - 27 March, 2012
this here is what i'm thinking to push those jbl's all the power you will ever need & light
www.qscaudio.com
Joee 8:37 PM - 27 March, 2012
nice setup^^^^^^
SELECT 8:49 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
this here is what i'm thinking to push those jbl's all the power you will ever need & light
www.qscaudio.com

Oh yeah, those powerlights are sick! Only drawback is the 20amp power plug. One PL380 for the tops in Stereo at 1500 watts each would be perfect. For the subs Id use one PL340 bridged to give you 2000 watts to each sub. Remember these are 8 ohm speakers, but most subs are run mono and also parallel so daisy chaining them would split them down to 4ohms each in this case. Also it depends on what SRX speakers you get. The bigger dual speakers and subs run on 4ohms.
Quote:
nice setup^^^^^^

Thanks! It took a lot of cash and learning to get the system right, but I appreciate it now.

Honestly if weight werent an issue Id definitely go Yorkville or EAW. They have fairly affordable systems and they bump.

Lastly if you want subwoofers that fire forward into the crowd and feel on the dancefloor go horn loaded!
Joee 8:53 PM - 27 March, 2012
i'm looking @ 4 srx715 & 2 srx728s
SELECT 11:36 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

All you will need it two QSC PL380 and you'll be good. Also take a look at the crown Itechs. They are really great with the SRX line.
pdidy 1:29 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

:
All you will need it two QSC PL380 and you'll be good. Also take a look at the crown Itechs. They are really great with the SRX line.

Because it is a professional touring amp with built in dsp preset for the jbl SRX line an more.
Joee 1:43 AM - 28 March, 2012
$6,000, it better be a beast------> www.proaudiostar.com

i can get the qsc pl380 for $2,000
SELECT 2:53 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

Yeah thats the only drawback when it comes to high end passive speakers. The amps sometimes cost more than than speakers. You will need a DBX box for sure if you get the SRX line. Good thing is that it will configure everything for you after you enter in your speakers and amp setup.
RogerRabbit 5:09 AM - 28 March, 2012
I see proaudiostar being throw around the forum alot lately - is this the new go-to company? Are they better than agi?
SELECT 6:11 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I see proaudiostar being throw around the forum alot lately - is this the new go-to company? Are they better than agi?

I got some amps from them. Quick service and I got a deal. They sell on ebay as well.
pdidy 7:07 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

in my personal online experiences, yes.
proaudiostar has a store 10min from my house, if i need something fast I can go an get the best deals possible.
DJ GaFFle 8:53 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

in my personal online experiences, yes.
proaudiostar has a store 10min from my house, if i need something fast I can go an get the best deals possible.

Same here... I bought a mint Crown MA12000i for about $2900 or slightly less from them. They are quick and efficient with the transaction.
Joee 11:37 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

yes, i get all my gear there, they beat agi's best price by $200 for my 62'sss
Joee 11:38 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah thats the only drawback when it comes to high end passive speakers. The amps sometimes cost more than than speakers. You will need a DBX box for sure if you get the SRX line. Good thing is that it will configure everything for you after you enter in your speakers and amp setup.

that's why i'm looking at the QSC PowerLight3, still a pro level amp & a lot cheaper
SELECT 12:57 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

that's why i'm looking at the QSC PowerLight3, still a pro level amp & a lot cheaper

Yeah man you'll be bumpin with the Powerlight amps and some SRX speakers. Also I would still look at the Itechs, you can find great deals on used and refurbished ones ebay. Some come with warranties.
DJ GaFFle 1:44 PM - 28 March, 2012
I had the QSC PL325. I drove my old Danley TH-115's with it. It's a VERY solid line of amps. It is a BIG jump as well over the RMX line of amps. I noticed the power and deep sound immediately after upgrading from and RMX 2450 to the PL325. The bass was much more solid and full. If you get the iTechs, you won't have to worry about a DSP for your subs as it's all built into the amp. If you choose the HD line, you'll have DSP + RMS/Peak limiting. I chose the Macrotech i-series because it lacked the full DSP capability (having more pure/basic amp functionality... no digital display and features to possibly fail) but still had RMS/Peak limiting and compression capabilities.
Joee 1:51 PM - 28 March, 2012
i think i would get the i tech if it was for me, but it's for a club owner & i don't know if he will be willing to spend the extra cash for the crowns
SELECT 2:10 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
i think i would get the i tech if it was for me, but it's for a club owner & i don't know if he will be willing to spend the extra cash for the crowns

Wow, I dont know a single club owner who would shell out cash for an SRX system. Your lucky you get to help otherwise you'd have a top of the line Behringer sound system lol. Funny I say that cause I just experienced it first hand. Brand new lounge, 4 Behringer 18 inch subs and speakers all over. Sounded like crap. Just weak and obnoxious.
SELECT 2:21 PM - 28 March, 2012
Just a thought, you could save some cash by getting the 12 in SRX712s. They use the same driver as the SRX715s. You could take that cash and apply it to some itechs.
ancientyouth 2:25 PM - 28 March, 2012
If anyone is considering a High-end amp (6000+), I would look at the Powersoft K10 amp, there around 7500..... they are Incredible amps.....Im currently running 6 -18"s on each amp, ive heard of setups with as many as 14 - 12"s..... within the amp itself, you can actually boost the impedance (ohms)....it wants 30amps, but lets say you only have 15 0r 20amps for the amp to run on , you can set it to run on what you have available......Yes it is a huge expense but when you figure it in decibel for decibel, dollar for dollar, it smarter to buy a powersoft, in my case for instance, whereas i have 2 powersofts, i would need 6 PL's or 4 itech's, so the math works out. Then when you add in the sound quality, its just a no-brainer

and theyre small and light
Joee 2:30 PM - 28 March, 2012
you know what i'm thinking, the place it no that big, so now i'm thinking 1 srx728 2 srx715 & 1 i tech 9000???

maybe that will work, will the i tech let me use one side for low pass & the other for high pass?

srx728 1600 watts @ 4ohms
srx715 800 watts @ 8ohms, put those on one side of the amp 1600 watts 4ohms

i t9000hd 3500watts @ 4ohms per side all the head room i will need
SELECT 2:37 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
you know what i'm thinking, the place it no that big, so now i'm thinking 1 srx728 2 srx715 & 1 i tech 9000???

maybe that will work, will the i tech let me use one side for low pass & the other for high pass?

srx728 1600 watts @ 4ohms
srx715 800 watts @ 8ohms, put those on one side of the amp 1600 watts 4ohms

i t9000hd 3500watts @ 4ohms per side all the head room i will need

You'll be running the tops in parallel, mono. If thats ok, then it will work.
Joee 2:38 PM - 28 March, 2012
mono stereo, people are going to be drunk......lol who will be able to tell
SELECT 2:47 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
mono stereo, people are going to be drunk......lol who will be able to tell

Mono sucks IMO. serato.com

Far too many tracks with different sounds going on on each side of the stereo channel. Your installing an SRX system for christ sakes. Just get some MRXs or powered speakers if its not that big of deal. Its not your system anyways. Also the Itechs are nice, but complete overkill, completely unnecessary for most applications. Your not touring with a band. Every club that Ive been to with SRXs installed are using QSC RMX amps and it sounds dope.
HYDRO MATIC 2:51 PM - 28 March, 2012
why...use a drive rack AND itech?
Joee 2:53 PM - 28 March, 2012
drive rack only if i go with the powerlight3
SELECT 2:57 PM - 28 March, 2012
One more thing the SRX settings on my Crown XTI amps suck. They sound obnoxious for the tops. The DBX does a far better job of making them sound right. The limiters and crossovers on the DBX and completely different than what the Crown amps settings are. You will have a learning curve with either way you go.
Quote:
why...use a drive rack AND itech?

With one amp the tops will still be mono, with a driverack.
Joee 3:06 PM - 28 March, 2012
i sure he will not want to spend the money for i tech so pl380 & driverack, i think it will be
DJ GaFFle 3:37 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
If anyone is considering a High-end amp (6000+), I would look at the Powersoft K10 amp, there around 7500..... they are Incredible amps.....Im currently running 6 -18"s on each amp, ive heard of setups with as many as 14 - 12"s..... within the amp itself, you can actually boost the impedance (ohms)....it wants 30amps, but lets say you only have 15 0r 20amps for the amp to run on , you can set it to run on what you have available......Yes it is a huge expense but when you figure it in decibel for decibel, dollar for dollar, it smarter to buy a powersoft, in my case for instance, whereas i have 2 powersofts, i would need 6 PL's or 4 itech's, so the math works out. Then when you add in the sound quality, its just a no-brainer

and theyre small and light

Them's big dolla$ for a single amp... outta my league. Yes, Powersoft makes some of the best power amps on the planet but I'd rather have redundancy dealing with 2 amps to drive 6 18"s over having just 1 amp. If that amp blows, so does your concert and your reputation. Are you using your 2nd Powersoft amp to run your tops?

What type of ohm load are you down to with 6 subs... 1 ohm or 2 ohms?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:30 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
but I'd rather have redundancy dealing with 2 amps to drive 6 18"s over having just 1 amp. If that amp blows, so does your concert and your reputation.

+ELEVENTY BILLION....

I ALWAYs played it safe with my rig..

One way or another, I'd be able to backfill a blown element of sound.

People used to think I was CRAZY to run a single Peavy CS-800 in bridge mode for ONE Subwoofer back in the day.

The way I see it, was I have a dedicated amp for a dedicated speaker, it claimed to put out 800 Watts RMS, in bridge mode, and it had a built in limiter that I would enable if OTHER people were playing on my system.... :)

So, you had one Peavy for each sub (2), 800 Watts x 2 (1600 Watts) plus 2 QSC 1500MXa's @ 1000 Watts x 2 (2000 Watts) in Bridge mode for the other 2 subs APIECE, and you have 3600 watts of PURE CLEAN BASS...

So I effectively had 1 amp PER sub, which was lovely.

I later stopped using the Peavy's, (them jawns are heavy in a rack...), and just used the 2 QSC's in bridge mono and split the 1500 watts between 2 bins, (750 apiece) per amp.

So now I had 3000 Watts of CLEAN bass and less amps to plug up, but was taking a bigger chance if either an amp blew or a bass cabinet blew...

Once I learned how to put a CLEAN signal into cabinets, I never had another speaker reconing in my life, whereas before I was getting SOMETHING reconed about every 3 months.

And reconing JBL's ain't cheap.
ancientyouth 4:36 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

Them's big dolla$ for a single amp... outta my league. Yes, Powersoft makes some of the best power amps on the planet but I'd rather have redundancy dealing with 2 amps to drive 6 18"s over having just 1 amp. If that amp blows, so does your concert and your reputation. Are you using your 2nd Powersoft amp to run your tops?

1. no the powersoft are for my subs only, pl 380 for my mids pl 320 for my tweets
2.running at 2.5 ohms
pdidy 5:31 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

1. no the powersoft are for my subs only, pl 380 for my mids pl 320 for my tweets
2.running at 2.5 ohms

got any speaker an amp porn.
Joee 5:32 PM - 28 March, 2012
amp porn ????
pdidy 5:35 PM - 28 March, 2012
pic of hi-end amps = amp porn.....lol
Joee 5:36 PM - 28 March, 2012
lol.........
ancientyouth 5:38 PM - 28 March, 2012
just give me a sec to upload
pdidy 5:40 PM - 28 March, 2012
like this i26.photobucket.com = amp porn...lol
pdidy 5:41 PM - 28 March, 2012
anything powersoft is considered amp porn btw.
Joee 5:49 PM - 28 March, 2012
more porn------lol--------> www.soundtech.co.uk
Joee 5:49 PM - 28 March, 2012
closer look-------> www.soundtech.co.uk
ancientyouth 5:49 PM - 28 March, 2012
gallery.me.com

only have a lo res pic on me
on top we have xilica speaker processors
next two are the pl's
then the power distros
and on the bottom the beast the K10's
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:20 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

Man, there's only 91 amps there....
Joee 8:31 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Man, there's only 91 amps there....

@ 5K each thats if there the smallest one(i t5000)
$5,000 X 91, well thats only $455,000........a drop in the bucket
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:46 PM - 28 March, 2012
I'm sayin' where are the other 9 amps @ 5,000.00?

That's 45k...

Lemmie find out I'm missing 45k...that's a 10th of the pot!
DJ GaFFle 10:11 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
gallery.me.com

only have a lo res pic on me
on top we have xilica speaker processors
next two are the pl's
then the power distros
and on the bottom the beast the K10's

Oh yeah... you doin' big tings (nm)

I want to have enough amp'age where I need distros installed in my equipment rack. Xilica is high level stuff... well, we knew you were high level as soon as you mentioned Powersoft K-series. Nice setup. What brand of power distro is that as what amp connector/amperage/circuit type is it for?
ancientyouth 1:13 AM - 29 March, 2012
the distro is Motion Labs

its for either the lugs on a Generator, or 2- Dual 60 Amp Circuits (1 for each rack) which we pop into the electrical panel....... as a last resort we can also plug in 2 -15-30a 120v cords to each unit to power them but never had to

The Xilica processors are awesome, i have one hooked up as a slave, and they are connected to a wireless router so i actually control them via wifi using an HP Slate (the program is windows only) , sick setup
ancientyouth 1:40 AM - 29 March, 2012
not mine but heres some serious amp porn , being used this weekend at Basscamp (uk)
www.facebook.com

and i thought i had some shit.......
Joee 1:56 AM - 29 March, 2012
Quote:
not mine but heres some serious amp porn , being used this weekend at Basscamp (uk)
www.facebook.com

and i thought i had some shit.......

can't see link
pdidy 2:11 AM - 29 March, 2012
ancientyouth ......do you use a void Stasys system ?
ancientyouth 2:22 AM - 29 March, 2012
yes i do psychos and primes
ancientyouth 2:39 AM - 29 March, 2012
working link

gallery.me.com

this belongs to Dirt Sound (uk), the silver amps on the right are Void Infinite X amps...pricey setup.....
Digital Mystics (coki, Mala) use his sound system in sound clash's
monchi 1:32 AM - 30 May, 2012
Quote:

Quote:

Better, as far as service,I will find out soon. As far as price, $ yes without a doubt. Price I got from PAS seemed unreal to AGI but like I said, will have to see what service is like. If it turns out to be EXCELLENT SERVICE, and BETTER PRICING than YES, PAS will be my go to DJ company from now on.
D. J. Shawn Quick 3:06 AM - 6 November, 2014
I need new subs to go under my Ev zx a5"s. Any body heard the FBT 15SA?
DJ GaFFle 10:57 AM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:

{{{ chuckle }}}

I wouldn't mate 15's with the ZXA5's unless it was a Danley TH-115.

Start looking at 18's unless your vehicle seriously limits your speaker size.
Joee 12:10 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:

i know from experience, i wanted a good sub that was portable to go with my zxa5's, they don't exist portable that is

if your looking for the most portable sub to pair with the xza5's look at the jbl vrx 918sp 85lbs

if portability is not a issue look at the yorkvile LS801P...EV ETX18SP…RCF Sub-8004as…or
RCF 4PRO 8003-AS

those are in my opinion your best options
pdidy 3:37 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:

I've tried 2 vrx918sp under 1 xza5 i26.photobucket.com and its very nice but it sounds best with 3 vrx918sp to 1 zxa5 i26.photobucket.com if you like bass heavy music.
dj_soo 8:29 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:
if portability is not a issue look at the yorkvile LS801P...EV ETX18SP…RCF Sub-8004as…or
RCF 4PRO 8003-AS

from what I understand about the ZXA5s, you'd probably want at least 4 of them...
D. J. Shawn Quick 10:37 AM - 13 December, 2014
Which filter do use on your Driverack with your subs & zx a5 the Link Riley or Butterworth 6,12,18 or 24?
DJ GaFFle 11:03 AM - 13 December, 2014
Quote:
Which filter do use on your Driverack with your subs & zx a5 the Link Riley or Butterworth 6,12,18 or 24?

I typically use L-R 24 for a sharper cutoff, less bleeding of sound and smoother transition around the crossover region.