DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

B1-B6 Button upgrade

WaxChemistry 8:54 PM - 3 December, 2011
I know that the newer 57s have better buttons on them that trigger easier and won't break as easily. Is it possible to upgrade my old 57 to the new button set without buying a whole new mixer?
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:05 PM - 8 December, 2011
Hey Wax,

It depends on what model of 57 you have.
If you have the first gen then no.
If you have the second gen then yes.
You would need to send it in and get the upgrade.
WaxChemistry 11:44 PM - 9 December, 2011
Thanks for the reply. How can I tell if I have a first or second generation?
explicit408 10:00 AM - 10 December, 2011
Is this free?

The 2nd gens have convex buttons correct?
DJ Wade-West 6:33 PM - 11 December, 2011
Quote:
Is this free?

+1000
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:16 PM - 13 December, 2011
No this is not free.
DJ_Famous88 3:02 PM - 14 December, 2011
i just got mine back from rane because i broke my fader and they replaced all my buttons and knobs and they charged me $0.28 ea button and the total was $6.16...... not bad at all
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:42 AM - 15 December, 2011
i recently got mine back too cuz j2 had broke and i received all new buttons s well..
however p2 still doesnt scroll right
MAD_COWBOY 7:46 PM - 15 December, 2011
I got mine at Rane HQ being fixed as well.. the p2 knob was NOT scrolling and the B3 button was getting stuck/not responding. i hope i get new buttons as well =)
Canepades 8:55 PM - 19 December, 2011
I having problems with my B3 button as well... I have to hit it at an angle to get it activate properly. Kind of strange, guess I'll have to get it in as well.
DJ Wade-West 3:41 PM - 20 December, 2011
^ Apply DeoxIT to the buttons
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:36 PM - 20 December, 2011
Yes.. oxidization can occur on the switch.
You need to use this solution -->store.caig.com by spraying a bit in between the top cover and the button.
You can even pop the cap off by slipping some floss under the cap and pulling it off giving you better access to the switch without having to take the face plate off.
This will clear away the oxidization and get the button working perfectly:)
Canepades 8:54 PM - 20 December, 2011
Ahh.... Thank you very much for that information. Much appreciated! I'll see what I can do, worst comes to worst I know I can always call up and send it in. Thanks again.
simonak 11:42 PM - 20 December, 2011
ive applied deoxit several times and it has worked-however after the last two applications the B1 has now completely stopped working, is there any other ways for reviving the button?
im also in ireland-is there somewhere here or in the uk where rane can replace the buttons-i dont mind paying to get them back again
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:06 PM - 21 December, 2011
Hey simonak,

Sennheiser is the only distributor in the UK that can repair a 57 but, unless you bought your unit in the UK, they won't fix it.
You would then need to send the unit to our factory here in Mukilteo Washington.