Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

how do you do it/ propz to Serato.

bluefoot 2:01 PM - 3 December, 2011
just offering props to serato.

As far as I can tell these forums consist of:

70%: users who have not and will not read any manual for any of the equipment they own. Many of these seem to struggle simply to use their computers in a manner that would suit live DJing. Most of these have also not read the forum rules or stickies (and yes I see the irony of this post being not entirely positive to all users).

10%: users who can't DJ but seem to think that because they have spent some money they should naturally achieve excellence instantly.

5%: trolls who put down beginners to feel big about themsleves.

5%: serious users who actually describe real issues in a way that is useful to the team.

I don't know how you guys manage to maintain the ability to reply calmly and patiently but you do.

Well done Serato, and thanks for the time you spend with all of us, regardless of how rude, insistent or suitable only for DJHero we are.
djbanno 11:34 AM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
just offering props to serato.

As far as I can tell these forums consist of:

70%: users who have not and will not read any manual for any of the equipment they own. Many of these seem to struggle simply to use their computers in a manner that would suit live DJing. Most of these have also not read the forum rules or stickies (and yes I see the irony of this post being not entirely positive to all users).

10%: users who can't DJ but seem to think that because they have spent some money they should naturally achieve excellence instantly.

5%: trolls who put down beginners to feel big about themsleves.

5%: serious users who actually describe real issues in a way that is useful to the team.

I don't know how you guys manage to maintain the ability to reply calmly and patiently but you do.

Well done Serato, and thanks for the time you spend with all of us, regardless of how rude, insistent or suitable only for DJHero we are.

+1
I was just wondering; do you know off the top of your head what the hot key is to switch between modes? and also what music do i play for a rave?
When can i expect to be famous?
btw...you all suck anyway.
...and needle drop to absolute position in relative mode is a vinyl junkie / Serato nOOb lifesaver!
:P
BERTO 1:34 PM - 4 December, 2011
Dj banno you are part of his 70% if you read it, the search bar is your friend, and as far as what music to play, that is the fun part of being a dj p, choosing the music is half the fun, playingit is the other. If you hit the question mark on the top of your screen in scratchlive you will get all the shortcuts you need
bluefoot 2:41 PM - 4 December, 2011
@djbanno, lol :)

@berto, I think DJBanno was being ironic.

It is hard to recognise a sarcastic tone of voice in forum text though.

Peace all...

...and welcome to my first ever off-topic trollolololol. May it be a thread for tolerance, understanding and humour.
d:raf 5:13 PM - 4 December, 2011
Where's the "Crush" button? :D
bluefoot 6:16 PM - 4 December, 2011
^On the Limited Edition D. Vader Signature Model only ;)
DeeJay Adam 7:49 PM - 4 December, 2011
what about the other 10%?
djbanno 10:23 PM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
Dj banno you are part of his 70% if you read it, the search bar is your friend, and as far as what music to play, that is the fun part of being a dj p, choosing the music is half the fun, playingit is the other. If you hit the question mark on the top of your screen in scratchlive you will get all the shortcuts you need

Yeah mate i was having a bit of fun with that post (except the needle drop to absolute position in rel mode comment), but your comments about the question mark/search are spot on.
bluefoot 8:12 AM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:
what about the other 10%?

choose from the following:

1) I wouldnt want to try and speak for all the individuals in a community.

2) Hopefully this thread will discover that.

3) It is accounted for by the moonlighters who transcend all boundaries, i.e. one day they are useful, the next day they are idiots.

4) All the above.
Thundercat 1:35 PM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:
Where's the "Crush" button? :D

www.djdazz.com
DJ Frank Labate 6:34 PM - 5 December, 2011
We're all customers and if I was running a business like Serato I would treat my customers with nothing but respect and sometimes that involves taking a little abuse here and there. Any other company who treats their customers with disrespect or with an attitude is doing something wrong. Serato is simply doing what they should be doing.
bluefoot 7:19 PM - 5 December, 2011
I never thought of it that way Frank.

I live in the U.K. and customer service is generally bad. I run a business too and I try real hard to choose customers I can get on with so I can apply the best service I can without feeling duty bound to do so. I really appreciate it when people recognise my work. This keeps my income small but my lifestyle pretty good.

Serato run a company that cannot choose their customers like I can so you are right, they have a duty to treat us all well.

I still reckon it's ok to say "well done" for something you expected anyway though. Like thanking the chef for a good feed.