Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Spotify integration

Edouardls 9:38 AM - 21 November, 2011
Will Itch be able soon to play Spotify playlist? Please, it would so useful..
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:36 AM - 22 November, 2011
Hi Edouardls,

Spotify is something we would like to support at some stage in the future, but I couldn't tell you when it will be possible.

It is my understanding the Spotify does require you to be connected to the internet, which is one major hurdle to overcome for performance software, as it is very common for users to experience drop outs when their Wi Fi is activated.
LamichuNYC 1:29 AM - 27 November, 2011
Hi Martin,

Spotify has an offline option for premium users: playlists can be played from your PC or iPhone/iPod without being connected to the Internet.

It would be so helpful to sync with Serato!
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:02 PM - 27 November, 2011
Thanks LamichuNYC,

Edouardls filled me in on how Spotify works, it seems like a very good service.

Some sort of Spotify and Serato integration is something we have considered here, although I couldn't tell you exactly when/if something like this would come about.

Thanks again though, we do appreciate the suggestions and feedback for new ideas like this :)
BERTO 5:07 PM - 10 December, 2011
+1 spotify does have offline capabilities with subscription services, this would be interesting with Scratchlive
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:01 PM - 12 December, 2011
Thanks BERTO. I think it would be a good idea for me to move this over to the ITCH general discussion area as it isn't really a "help request" any longer.

Cheers :)
9:01 PM, 12 Dec 2011
Discussion moved to ITCH General Discussion
DJ Tupsy 10:16 AM - 13 December, 2011
+1 for Sportfy offline playlists... :-)
That would be SUPER cool...
FedericoPolese 8:27 PM - 1 July, 2013
Please keep me posted should you introduce an integration between your sw and Spotify Premium
Best
Federico
kraakhelder 8:02 AM - 22 October, 2013
Maybe Serato can add Spotify support (in the future) like they make iTunes playlists available. Show all the (offline and/or online) Spotify playlists as crates in Serato :D

All the music in the world within a few clicks.
Thanks!
kraakhelder 8:04 AM - 22 October, 2013
Maybe Serato can add Spotify support (in the future) like they make iTunes playlists available. Show all the (offline and/or online) Spotify playlists as crates in Serato :D

All the music in the world within a few clicks. Saves a lot of ripping ;)
Thanks!
jhgjhjhg 1:29 PM - 4 December, 2013
Is it not possible to play files downloaded from spotify in Serato like it is in itunes?
Scooter321 8:43 PM - 8 March, 2014
Anyone found out if possible to load from Spotify to Scratch Live?
Dj Maraki 8:11 PM - 22 May, 2014
the app Djay2 now has spotify integration, and will not be using it within my sets. Serato it would be really awesome if you can jump on that. I have so much music in spotify and would love to be able to utilize those playlists.
kraakhelder 7:30 AM - 23 May, 2014
If it's a matter of licenses (if it's not allowed to play 2 or more Spotify tracks at the same time), maybe Serato can lett there users add 2 (or more) Spotify accounts?

As a DJ you then have to spend 2 x 9.99 per month, but I think it's worth it.

Of course it would be nice if you van sync the Spotify playlists offline in case the internet connection is too poor.
kraakhelder 12:14 PM - 3 June, 2014
There is hope! The iPhone/iPad DJAY app (from Algoriddim) launched a brand new Spotify integration :) Check www.algoriddim.com

So if it's a matter of licenses there is a solution ;)
christianbiko 7:17 AM - 27 August, 2014
I would be interested in this too. I have a lot of playlists on spotify and I can create playlists from my phone/ipad etc.
venkman 4:54 PM - 28 October, 2014
please make this happen!

serato can access spotify 'play offline' & streaming tracks.
premium fantasy.
Kex 12:40 PM - 31 October, 2014
+1
spencerthayer 9:29 PM - 19 September, 2015
If Algoriddim DJ Pro could do it there is zero reason Spotify could not partner with Serato DJ. This should happen.
spencerthayer 2:19 PM - 9 October, 2015
Now Pacemaker DJ can do this too.
spencerthayer 4:22 PM - 15 October, 2015
Serato is going to allow Pulselocker instead of Spotify. That's cool. Watch a live stream of Serato announcing this right now. serato.com