DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

new dj dont really know much please help!!

mclovin91335 5:11 PM - 18 November, 2011
alright guys have i have a questions for you i want to purchase 3 things right now those would be:
1. Numark m6
2. Denon DN-SC2000
3. Behringer B215D 15" a pair
i heard the denon can be used as a controller for scratch live but if not i can always run virtual dj for now(keep on mind this will be just be a basic set-up)
if i get this would i be able to just buy them connect the mixer and denon to my laptop then connect my speakers to the xlr ports and be able to get sound out?
advice would really help
pdidy 5:50 PM - 18 November, 2011
Please tell me your joking......
pdidy 5:53 PM - 18 November, 2011
i would not suggest you get anything listed. yes you need some help......
Dj Shamann 5:56 PM - 18 November, 2011
Do you have a Scratch Live interface?

As far as I know (could be wrong) there's no native support for the Denon's.
str8nger 6:42 PM - 18 November, 2011
Wow, really? I bet you have gigs lined up too don't you?!?! That's why u in a hurry to get some cheap ass gear!
phonze 7:00 PM - 18 November, 2011
I don't know much about controllers, but that thing looks kind of...well I'd save up a bit longer for something else.
DJ Benny B NYC 7:05 PM - 18 November, 2011
change it to "new dj dont know shit"
str8nger 7:39 PM - 18 November, 2011
Kids like that get no respect, they think they djs now cuz they got a laptop and a controller and don't know shit on the gear They have no clue what it is that they need
DJ Benny B NYC 7:41 PM - 18 November, 2011
just noticed his name is mclovin
ninos 7:47 PM - 18 November, 2011
thread fail LOL
eder 7:48 PM - 18 November, 2011
Say what you will about the Numark and the Denon plastic toys, but those Behringers are some of the best active speakers on the market today.
djpuma_gemini 7:48 PM - 18 November, 2011
Poor guy.
Jesus Christ 7:49 PM - 18 November, 2011
OK... here's what you do...

Umm....

Errr....

I got nothin'
phonze 7:54 PM - 18 November, 2011
Oh yeah can't knock the speakers. Those are like 250 each.
Jesus Christ 8:08 PM - 18 November, 2011
Well if you need the Scratch LIVE software, I have an unused disc for sale for only $150. Let me know if you're interested. The best part is that once you have the software, all updates are free.
StevenWayne 8:14 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Well if you need the Scratch LIVE software, I have an unused disc for sale for only $150. Let me know if you're interested. The best part is that once you have the software, all updates are free.

mclovin, dont believe this guy ^, he's messing with you. if you're computer savy, you can search torrents and download the scratchlive software from there.
Daktyl 8:24 PM - 18 November, 2011
Jesus Christ 8:48 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

mclovin, dont believe this guy ^, he's messing with you. if you're computer savy, you can search torrents and download the scratchlive software from there.

So you're encouraging him to download the ScratchLIVE software illegally on THEIR website? Very smart! onfinite.com
ninos 8:54 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you're encouraging him to download the ScratchLIVE software illegally on THEIR website? Very smart! onfinite.com

LMAO
dj poisonous handz 8:58 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
alright guys have i have a questions for you i want to purchase 3 things right now those would be:
1. Numark m6
2. Denon DN-SC2000
i heard the denon can be used as a controller for scratch live but if not i can always run virtual dj for now(keep on mind this will be just be a basic set-up)
if i get this would i be able to just buy them connect the mixer and denon to my laptop then connect my speakers to the xlr ports and be able to get sound out?
advice would really help

i225.photobucket.com
Wazo 9:15 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

tool. you can download the software free from the serato website.
the_black_one 9:20 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
1. Numark m6
2. Denon DN-SC2000
advice would really help

i225.photobucket.com

i can honestly say i have NEVER heard of such equipment
Jesus Christ 9:38 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I bet you wonder why all your friends nicknamed you "Cockblocker," huh?
dj poisonous handz 9:41 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I bet you wonder why all your friends nicknamed you "Cockblocker," huh?

i184.photobucket.com
Jesus Christ 9:54 PM - 18 November, 2011
For Christmas, I'm buying that guy a sense of humor.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:03 PM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
1. Numark m6
2. Denon DN-SC2000
advice would really help

Your right the Denons can be used with SSL, so really all you need is a RANE interface. Buy yourself the SL2. You'll also need a mixing board to go inbetween the mixer and speakers. You never wanna run straight from the mixer, too much can go wrong.

Good Luck
mclovin91335 10:16 PM - 18 November, 2011
thanks soundinsurgent for being the only one to really help all these act if money grwos on trees or like if every dj just automatically starts off with a pair of technics and a Rane TTM57 mixer i'm just a high school student trying to learn more about this but its all good yall can keep talking i dont mind
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:09 PM - 18 November, 2011
If money is a problem maybe you should check out Serato DJ Intro. It's a good way to get started when your on a budget. You can get a controller for around 250, then you don't have to have a RANE interface right away.
DJ Dac 12:15 AM - 19 November, 2011
Quote:
n a budget. You can get a controller for aro

hahahahaha
Dj Bacik 12:17 AM - 19 November, 2011
Quote:
If money is a problem maybe you should check out Serato DJ Intro. It's a good way to get started when your on a budget. You can get a controller for around 250, then you don't have to have a RANE interface right away.

+1. I think you should go with the Pioneer DJ Ergo and Serato intro. Thats fairly low price and can get you started with sera to type software. Then you can move up to the more advanced stuff when you progress your skills.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:40 AM - 19 November, 2011
I don't know if I'd go with the Pioneer, lol! I'd go with the Numark N4, www.numark.com
It can act as a real hardware mixer so in the future to can use cdjs or turntables once you get a RANE interface ;-).
DJ Alkemy 2:28 AM - 19 November, 2011
I suggest you watch some instructional videos, learn a bit about it first and stay away from the gear you listed. As you can see, that crap wont get you nothing but ridicule. Save up a bit longer and get some turntables and a mixer. Dont have to be a Rane but I would try and get some Technics. Virtual DJ and the like are basically ass so stay well away from them.
str8nger 3:04 AM - 19 November, 2011
dude if your dropping 500-600 bucks on speakers dont buy speakers right now! you can pick up some second hand gear, example you can find turntables with a mixer anywhere from 300-600 for the set on criagslist, i seen SSL sell on CL for 150-200. so if u can budget you can start of with a little bit better gear, and trust me if you get turntables you will have so much fun!
DJ Alkemy 3:19 AM - 19 November, 2011
Quote:
dude if your dropping 500-600 bucks on speakers dont buy speakers right now! you can pick up some second hand gear, example you can find turntables with a mixer anywhere from 300-600 for the set on criagslist, i seen SSL sell on CL for 150-200. so if u can budget you can start of with a little bit better gear, and trust me if you get turntables you will have so much fun!

Yeah...you dont really need speakers for that price so soon. Starting off on some decent turntables will be a LOT more beneficial to you than some speakers.