DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mexican or latin party playlist.. i need help plsss...

ernie 8:39 PM - 15 November, 2011
I have a 40 gig of latin music but the thing is i dont understand latin or mexican party music.. if any of you can help me what to play on a Mexican or latin party? ..so i can search my Hard Drive music that latinos dance on a party..thank you!
str8nger 9:07 PM - 15 November, 2011
I don't know indian or chines party's eathier so that's why I don't do them.
DJ Remy USA 9:09 PM - 15 November, 2011
wow this must be a joke
ernie 9:28 PM - 15 November, 2011
I need 10 to 15 tracks thanks!
ernie 9:30 PM - 15 November, 2011
Its a Christmas party and there's also mexican people will attend.
Jesus Christ 9:31 PM - 15 November, 2011
I can help you with the Iranian and Arab music (and don't say Punjabi MC). Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Mexican or Latin people on this forum that will help you get gigs that you obviously shouldn't be accepting. Just sayin'
jprime 9:39 PM - 15 November, 2011
Skatemaster Tate - La Cumbre

Watchwww.youtube.com
str8nger 9:39 PM - 15 November, 2011
I am Mexican, do some Tons of Banda out there. Banda machos, Banda ms, Los tucanes de tijuana, some corridos with gerado Ortiz, Larry Hernandez, Roberto tapia, and so many others mexicans dance to anything like reggaton merengue stuff too. Just keep them moving.
AIRX ONE 9:41 PM - 15 November, 2011
AIRX ONE 9:43 PM - 15 November, 2011
telemundo GOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phonze 9:47 PM - 15 November, 2011
play pitbull!
djpuma_gemini 9:48 PM - 15 November, 2011
Your name is Ernie you should already know this music (yes stereotyping)
DJ Young Herrera 9:48 PM - 15 November, 2011
Just take a vuvuzela horn to the party and play it over regular top 40 music. Boom. Mexican party.
Mike_P 9:53 PM - 15 November, 2011
i'm mexican but i don't speak english
djpuma_gemini 9:55 PM - 15 November, 2011
I'm Italian and speak spanish

here are some essentials
volver volver
amarillo (Mi color)
anything with a trumpet to the beat.
latindj 10:05 PM - 15 November, 2011
eef der are more den twenty Mexicans at ju pari, jes call de policia and dey will leaf...
str8nger 10:30 PM - 15 November, 2011
U can play some cumbias from la Sonora dimaita her classics are bangers! Song name is amor de mis amores, escandalo, cu cu, and another classic banger called cumbia del sol, there's so many songs bro do some you tube searching fOr helP here is some key words to search for, cumbia con Banda, cumbias, Banda, corridos, rancheras,
AIRX ONE 10:35 PM - 15 November, 2011
serato.com check in here
eder 10:40 PM - 15 November, 2011
LA CAMISA NEGRA!!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj kreate 10:51 PM - 15 November, 2011
Macarena and the ketchup song!!!
latindj 11:10 PM - 15 November, 2011
eef ju need tu make an anouncement tu dee Mexicans, jes say deez letters en inglish...dey will no what u say:

T N S L P P B N T S O
str8nger 11:18 PM - 15 November, 2011
Hahahaha^^^^
DJ Unique 5:09 AM - 16 November, 2011
I don't understand how someone can have 40 gigs of music and not know what the hell it is.
str8nger 5:26 AM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
I don't understand how someone can have 40 gigs of music and not know what the hell it is.

it probably came with the rest of the music on the hard drive that he bought on craigslist LOL
Jesus Christ 5:45 AM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

it probably came with the rest of the music on the hard drive that he bought on craigslist LOL

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!
ernie 5:39 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
I am Mexican, do some Tons of Banda out there. Banda machos, Banda ms, Los tucanes de tijuana, some corridos with gerado Ortiz, Larry Hernandez, Roberto tapia, and so many others mexicans dance to anything like reggaton merengue stuff too. Just keep them moving.
thanks for your help!
ernie 5:40 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
play pitbull!

thanks!
ernie 5:41 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
U can play some cumbias from la Sonora dimaita her classics are bangers! Song name is amor de mis amores, escandalo, cu cu, and another classic banger called cumbia del sol, there's so many songs bro do some you tube searching fOr helP here is some key words to search for, cumbia con Banda, cumbias, Banda, corridos, rancheras,
thanks for your help!
ernie 5:43 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
I just trade it with my english songs and i dont speak spanish.
eder 7:25 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I just trade it on craigslist with my english songs and i dont speak spanish.

IT'S A TRAP!
DJ Unique 11:57 PM - 16 November, 2011
This discussion is a TRAP.
Everyone stay out!!!
Dj.uno 5:35 AM - 17 November, 2011
are they mexicans or straight mixed latinos? if so check if u have some grupo mania, elvis crespo, make sure u have BACHATA!!!!!! prince royce, aventura, or romeo by himself, monchy y alexandra, Frank reyes, man i could go forever! lol, then in Salsa MUST have: oscar de leon- LLoraras Joe Arroyo- No le pegue ala negra, Grupo niche- La negra no quere, Damn make sure u play some FRUKKO y sus tesos (chacondea, el preso) just to name a few . Adolescentes Aquel lugar, virgen, u know stuff to start off with! Reggaeton, depends on the crowd u have, if ur gonna keep it commercial u can never go wrong with some daddy yankee, winsin y yandel, Don omar, Alexis y fido, now if u have a hardcore crowd then u whip out the dembow! Doble t y el crok, el shick, Secreto el biberon, just to name a few! cumbia? u hit them with some sonora dinamita, Pastor lopez, banda machos, Carlos VIVES!!!, Some spanish Rock, MANA, RBD, Rabanes, Juanes. most of the bands/artist i named here always throw out hot stuff so u cant go wrong with songs from any of the artists i named! Sell that on craigslist LMFAO!
ernie 6:20 AM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:
are they mexicans or straight mixed latinos? if so check if u have some grupo mania, elvis crespo, make sure u have BACHATA!!!!!! prince royce, aventura, or romeo by himself, monchy y alexandra, Frank reyes, man i could go forever! lol, then in Salsa MUST have: oscar de leon- LLoraras Joe Arroyo- No le pegue ala negra, Grupo niche- La negra no quere, Damn make sure u play some FRUKKO y sus tesos (chacondea, el preso) just to name a few . Adolescentes Aquel lugar, virgen, u know stuff to start off with! Reggaeton, depends on the crowd u have, if ur gonna keep it commercial u can never go wrong with some daddy yankee, winsin y yandel, Don omar, Alexis y fido, now if u have a hardcore crowd then u whip out the dembow! Doble t y el crok, el shick, Secreto el biberon, just to name a few! cumbia? u hit them with some sonora dinamita, Pastor lopez, banda machos, Carlos VIVES!!!, Some spanish Rock, MANA, RBD, Rabanes, Juanes. most of the bands/artist i named here always throw out hot stuff so u cant go wrong with songs from any of the artists i named! Sell that on craigslist LMFAO!
Thanks for your help i will sort my collection.. appreciate it!
the_black_one 6:41 AM - 17 November, 2011
hello i'm also in need of some help... I'm playing a domican republic/Mexican/puerto rican/russian/ indian/canadian party..... does anyone have any clue of what i should play.

Thanx in advance
latindj 6:45 AM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:
hello i'm also in need of some help... I'm playing a domican republic/Mexican/puerto rican/russian/ indian/canadian party..... does anyone have any clue of what i should play.

Thanx in advance

yes, play with yourself...
the_black_one 6:46 AM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thanx in advance

i can do that..... what music shoud i play wile i play with myself at the party?
eder 10:32 AM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanx in advance

i can do that..... what music shoud i play wile i play with myself at the party?

Virtual DJ has a couple new features...GeniusDJ will pick songs for you to play based on what you're playing and GeniusBF will fuck your girlfriend for you while you're busy doing other things.
DjLouSince82 4:25 PM - 17 November, 2011
tres pujidos y me vine -- always works
Dj.uno 8:02 PM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:
tres pujidos y me vine -- always works

Lmfao Dique la pollera! LOL
Panotaker 11:11 PM - 17 November, 2011
Mexicans usually like Tejano music. Here I made a non stop mix that will keep them dancing:
www.house-mixes.com
the_black_one 1:10 AM - 18 November, 2011
No offense panotaker but tejano has been dead for years..... People from Mexico DONT LIKE TEJANO........ I see u like in Austin and that explains a lot. Do your homework before you start to speake off on such Genera of Music.
str8nger 2:11 AM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
Mexicans usually like Tejano music. Here I made a non stop mix that will keep them dancing:
www.house-mixes.com

i am sorry no offense , but i am mexican and thats not how we roll, that tejano stuff is wack and people from texas might consider that mexican stuff but it aint my style, my style is some banda, some corridos , the only thing i like from tejanos or texas is that tribal stuff that shit bangz!
Johnnynights 3:50 AM - 18 November, 2011
^^ Thats what i throw also at my mexican parties corridos,norteno,banda,cumbias

For mexican parties u gotta have corridos for sure.
djdannyd 4:00 AM - 18 November, 2011
for mexican parties just play anything that ends like "tan, tan"!
str8nger 6:14 AM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
^^ Thats what i throw also at my mexican parties corridos,norteno,banda,cumbias

For mexican parties u gotta have corridos for sure.

yea bro and a must have for a mexican party is the legend vicente fernandez lol thats when everyone is drunk and you start hearing people sound like coyotes and dogs barking lol
Johnnynights 7:11 AM - 18 November, 2011
lol thats what i was going to say 2,yeah chente is a must.

I like doing those type of parties,lot of fun

Lately i been getting a lot of those parties.
DJ Unique 8:18 AM - 18 November, 2011
Quote:
for mexican parties just play anything that ends like "tan, tan"!

HaHaHa...
DJ Unique 8:19 AM - 18 November, 2011
BTW... about 99.9% of the Mexicans hate Tex Mex crap.
DJ Unique 8:27 AM - 18 November, 2011
We can advise Ernie on all the Spanish music in the world, however Ernie has to ask his customers what the hell they like.

I know Mexicans that like:
Regional stuff (Norteñas, Banda, Ranchera, Mariachi, etc.)

Then there's other Mexicans that like:
Tropical stuff (Salsa, Cumbia, Merengue, Bachata, etc.)

Dance stuff (Spanish Dance Remix, Spanish Rock, etc.)

Then there's the MoFo Mexicans that are super-picky and only like 1 or 2 genres and will shoot you in the kneecaps if you play something he doesn't like, such as Salsa instead of Narco-Traficante crap.

I'm Mexican so I'm allowed to the above.
HaHaHa...
DjLouSince82 9:25 PM - 18 November, 2011
you got to read your crowd, what type of mexicanos are they.are they from the north the south? are they chilangos? are they corrido and nortenas or banda fans..you can always ask the host of the party or if you have experience you could tell right away by eyeing the crowd. yea tejano wont fly in LA, texas yes but not most other states. Popular Latin tracks will get any latino dancing and thats cumbias like sonora dinamita, pastor lopez, aniceto molina, fito olivares. if you mix in different styles of cumbias and the right way you will have most latinos jammin that dancefloor..but find out what most of your guests like first. good luck!
ernie 4:35 AM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
We can advise Ernie on all the Spanish music in the world, however Ernie has to ask his customers what the hell they like.

I know Mexicans that like:
Regional stuff (Norteñas, Banda, Ranchera, Mariachi, etc.)

Tropical stuff (Salsa, Cumbia, Merengue, Bachata, etc.)

Dance stuff (Spanish Dance Remix, Spanish Rock, etc.)

Then there's the MoFo Mexicans that are super-picky and only like 1 or 2 genres and will shoot you in the kneecaps if you play something he doesn't like, such as Salsa instead of Narco-Traficante crap.

I'm Mexican so I'm allowed to the above.
HaHaHa...

Thank you for all your advice i will be playing in Los Angeles christmas party..with american asian and hispanic crowd. maybe like 10 to 15 minutes of hispanic music then top 40 and some 80s..
Dj.uno 3:38 AM - 23 November, 2011
in that case just keep it commercial! whatever is rocking on the radio stations out there! being that its only 10 to 15 mins!
str8nger 5:28 AM - 23 November, 2011
yea bro if theres more whites than any other race stick to 80s 90s top 40s fuck that banda crap lol