Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

.wavs files are being corrupted by changing gains and adding cue points

Product
Scratch Live
Version
2.0.1 (Rane Sixty-Eight)
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DEEJAY LEXX 9:16 PM - 11 November, 2011
I recently moved my entire library from an external to the internal drive, upgraded the ram and installed a new HD.

Large parts of my library are .wav files. I've noticed since the transfer that after I alter some wav files like change the gain manually, or add a cue point, they will be marked corrupt "This wav is incomplete" They all play perfectly well, and don't seem to have any problems.

I have tried re analyzing them, and it does fix some, and they now play fine, and don't go corrupt after similar changes.

I try to run a very clean system. My Mac is only used for djing and I usually delete and replace all corrupt files, which has been less than 10 in the 5 years that I've used serato before this issue. But this is becoming a large number of files, and replacing them all will start to become time consuming. 18 files are corrupt, just from last night's gig alone, and rescanning seemed to fix about 5 of them.

What's this all about? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 12:29 AM - 12 November, 2011
There's a known issue with SSL incorrectly marking WAV files as corrupt. The Scratch Live software developers are looking into a fix. For now, please simply disregard the corrupt status icon for WAV files :)
DEEJAY LEXX 12:47 AM - 12 November, 2011
Thanks Shaun.

I appreciate the quick response.
pueblofunky 7:38 AM - 12 November, 2011
@deejay Lexx

When you have analyzed the tracks prior 2.3.0/1, the WAV files might be corrupt.

When you re-analyze the WAV files in 2.3.0/1 it detects a corrupt files and marks it as one but after the re-analyze SSL writes it back correct but doesn't remove the icon/marker. Try to re-analyze them again - now the 2nd re-analyze reads a "correct" WAV file and the marker will be removed.

If you change gain, cue points after the 2nd re-analyze and they get corrupt then it is a new bug.

You could also check if a WAV file has an odd number of bytes > corrupt > re-analyze > 2nd re-analyze. But also even number of bytes files could be corrupt - another bug. Do the same as above.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:49 PM - 14 November, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions pueblofunky :)
6:00 PM, 28 Nov 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.