Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Bug Serato 2.3.1: Track Id not updated during rescan.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 3:17 PM - 10 November, 2011
Hi,

1. I'd stored the track id (TRCK) in a WAV (!) file. Imported in Serato 2.3.1.
2. I've deleted the TRCK value with Tag & Rename 3.5.7. Looked into the WAV file with HxD and the value (ID3 tag) is really removed.
3. Started a rescan in Serato 2.3.1 and it still shows the value. = BUG
4. Deleted the track in Serato and re-imported it: OK

Please fix this bug.

Until the fix I always have to re-import my whole library in Serato because I also make changes in Tag & Rename.

btw: I'm using the track# for the discogs release id# ... so it's an important value. ;-)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:03 PM - 10 November, 2011
Quick question, does rescanning the ID3 tag for those "Tagged and Renamed" tracks update what SSL displays within your library?

Does loading the track to a deck update SSLs library display?
pueblofunky 1:59 PM - 11 November, 2011
Quote:
Quick question, does rescanning the ID3 tag for those "Tagged and Renamed" tracks update what SSL displays within your library?

No - a rescan does not work in SSL. Of course in Tag & Rename. As I said: I've checked the WAV file with a hex dump and the ID3 tag does not exist anymore. SSL 2.3.1 still shows the "cache".

I've reported a bug earlier regarding this (and WAV files) for another field and it has been fixed. Maybe this bug still exists with the field TRCK because it's a "read-only" tag in SSL 2.3.1 (which hopefully changes soon!).

I've never used the field TRCK before. Just moved all from TPOS (Disc# - not supported by SSL 2.3.1 :-( ) to TRCK to see the "discogs release id" (which I'd stored in this column) in SSL.

Quote:
Does loading the track to a deck update SSLs library display?

Loading the track to the stand-alone-player does not update the data in SSL. I'm sure also not if I would connect SL1.

--

Also tried an analyze. TRCK not updated in SSL.

Also changing another field in SSL 2.3.1 on a tag&rename changed track - does not updated the TRCK value in the file but still shown in SSL 2.3.1 library view. THX - otherwise I would have a chaos with the data.

The only one solution to have correct data would be to re-import infected files which means all my 17.000 tracks after some changes.

So this bug has to be fixed with the next release. Note: Done with WAV - not a MP3.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:50 PM - 11 November, 2011
Are you able to manually delete the tag info using SSL? If so, does the deleted tag information remain deleted after restarting SSL?
pueblofunky 5:33 PM - 11 November, 2011
Quote:
Are you able to manually delete the tag info using SSL? If so, does the deleted tag information remain deleted after restarting SSL?

No - the field "track" is not editable in SSL 2.3.1 - but hopefully in the future.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:58 PM - 11 November, 2011
Please upload one of those WAV files to this thread and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks!
pueblofunky 3:42 PM - 23 November, 2011
Hi Shaun,

sorry for delay.

I've prepared 2 audio WAV files:

"TrackNrChangeNotDetected_WithTrackNr.wav" contains the track number "123456789" and in field "album" the text "MyAlbumWith".

TrackNrChangeNotDetected_WithoutTrackNr.wav" contains no track number and in field "album" the text "MyAlbumWithout".

1. Copy the file "TrackNrChangeNotDetected_WithTrackNr.wav" into a test directory and rename the file into "Test.wav". Screen Shot "SSL231_TrackNrChangeNotDetected_1.png"

2. Import the file in SSL 2.3.1

3. Delete the file "Test.wav"

4. Copy the file "TrackNrChangeNotDetected_WithoutTrackNr.wav" into the test directory and rename the file into "Test.wav". This change is the same if I would edit the file with Track & Rename.

5. Select the imported file "Test.wav" from the library and move it over "Rescan ID3 tags". Screen Shot "SSL231_TrackNrChangeNotDetected_2.png"

As you can see the track number is still there, but the value of the field "album" has changed to "MyAlbumWithout". So the track number will not be re-scanned! = BUG.

6. Finally delete the track "Test.wav" from the library with ALT + DELETE and re-import the (new/updated) file again. Screen Shot "SSL231_TrackNrChangeNotDetected_3.png"

As you can see - there is no track number.

Please fix this bug in the next release. If possible please send me an invitation to the next Beta release.

Thx
3:43 PM, 23 Nov 2011
pueblofunky attached a file: SSL231_TrackNrChangeNotDetected_1.png
View· Permalink
pueblofunky attached a file: SSL231_TrackNrChangeNotDetected_2.png
View· Permalink
pueblofunky attached a file: SSL231_TrackNrChangeNotDetected_3.png
View· Permalink
pueblofunky attached a file: TrackNrChangeNotDetected_WithoutTrackNr.wav
Download· Permalink
3:44 PM, 23 Nov 2011
pueblofunky attached a file: TrackNrChangeNotDetected_WithTrackNr.wav
Download· Permalink
pueblofunky 8:35 PM - 27 November, 2011
Is it please possible that someone from Serato or Rane can confirm this bug and fix it?

Thanks a lot.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:28 PM - 27 November, 2011
I can confirm this and will log it with the team. Hopefully this can be fixed in an upcoming release but I couldn't give a timeframe as to when it would be available sorry.

Thanks for the info!

Sam.
1:00 AM, 13 Dec 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.