Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to replace a part in a tag over all tracks?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 9:20 PM - 8 November, 2011
Is it possible to replace a part (characters/string) in a tag over all (selected) tracks?

E.g. "replace "GP70" by "GPS7" in grouping column.

One track might contain "GP70, GPT1" and should become "GPS7, GPT1"
One track might contain "GP70, GPT2" and should become "GPS7, GPT2"

How to in Serato 2.3.1?
Rane, Support
RafaelM 10:29 PM - 8 November, 2011
You cannot do this in Scratch Live. You must change them one by one, Or find a method that works best for you.
pueblofunky 6:14 AM - 9 November, 2011
Thx. Tried it tricky but can't - and manually for 20.000 tracks is a little bit too much. ;-)

In my case I'm trying to rename a part in the GROUPING field.

I've tried to use the "file rename function" in Tag&Rename - I'm using WAV files only so I can't use MP3TAG which is possible to do all tricky things - and generate a filename including the value of the GROUPING.

After that I could rename the files with REGEX in Directory Opus (like Total Commander).

After that I would re-import from file name.

But Tag & Rename doesn't support the GROUPING column in the RENAME function.

Tried to swap or copy the GROUING column in Tag&Rename ... but also not supported for this column. :-(

The last action would be to write a Perl script which changes the tag code in the WAV files from GROUPING to e.g. COMPOSER (which is supported) and then back ... :-((

All in all - there is no perfect music management in every software I use regarding WAV files.

Is it planned to make a better music management in Serato in future releases and does there exist a plan?

Every day we get more and more music and really need it ...
Rane, Support
RafaelM 5:03 PM - 9 November, 2011
Im sure Serato is always looking at ways to make the Music Management better/more convenient. What those plans are exactly? I do not know..
6:00 PM, 23 Nov 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.