Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Promo only pool subscription

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
stevie b 1:00 PM - 29 October, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 2.0.1
Hardware: numark-ns6
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

I recently purchased promo only online pool subscription and downloaded my music. My songs work fine using iTunes to play my songs. But when I use serato itch every song has a lightning bolt symbol before it. And they sound messed up. I can even see it messed up on the music wave graphics. I downloaded the songs lossless m4a file.
Can someone please help!
2Cuchi 4:23 PM - 29 October, 2011
i believe the lightning bolt means that the file is corrupt or it could mean that God will strike you down if you play that file =P
Serato techs advised that yes the corrupted files should definately be deleted.

and that promo online pool all their files are corrupt!!!! time to move on!!!
toasted 6:47 PM - 29 October, 2011
have you tried encoding them to mp3 and see if there still corrupt?
Papa Midnight 8:53 PM - 29 October, 2011
I also recommend re-encoding them and checking the re-encoded files. WAVE or MP3 should do.
stevie b 10:23 PM - 30 October, 2011
Do you mean creating an acc file using iTunes?
DJ.Tyme 2:40 AM - 31 October, 2011
stevie b im not sure what your doing wrong ? i use pool also,ive just downloaded november's music & opened up itch and dragged the new songs 2 my (promo only) folder & they play just fine ?
toasted 7:53 AM - 31 October, 2011
Quote:
Do you mean creating an acc file using iTunes?

no download a program like audacity or whatever you want to use and open the file then export it as mp3
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:08 PM - 31 October, 2011
Hey stevie b,

Can you please let me know if re-encoding these as .mp3 fixes the corruption?

Sam.
stevie b 6:48 PM - 2 November, 2011
Making an acc file using iTunes did make a copy of my music that worked fine with itch, but iTunes reorganizes the songs and places your song files in different folders making it harder to keep they nicely organized.

My solution was to redownload my music from promo only as mp3 (mp3 works fine with itch, no corruption as mp3 in itch)
I had to ask promo only to reset my account so I can redownload all my music in an organized fashion. But becarful I have notice some songs missing and I had to download them individually . I suggest to download download a few albums at a time and double check that you got all your songs.
Dj Papi LaffY 10:11 PM - 2 November, 2011
this my be off subject, but how is promo only's online pool? I've tried to subscribe but they don't seem to respond to emails very often. I currently use Dj city and DMS (dj city has better quality and DMS has better quantity to me ) but was just wondering how promo only's pool service compares (cheaper than DMS lol)
DJ.Tyme 12:15 AM - 3 November, 2011
its the bomb. for $40 Per month this is what you get = Mainstream Radio
Top 40 pop, hip-hop, dance and rock releases, edited for clean

Urban Radio
Hip-hop, rap and R&B releases, edited for clean play

Country Radio
New Country releases, along with the latest line-dance favorites, indexed by dance style

Modern Rock Radio
The hottest new mainstream, metal and alternative rock releases, edited for clean play

Rhythm Radio
The best in breaking rhythmic top 40, hip-hop and dance releases, edited for clean play

Dance Radio
Short, clean edits of the hottest new dance releases, edited for clean play

Contemporary Christian
Christian top 40 releases

Mainstream Club
The best in 12" extended versions, top 40 dance remixes and exclusive limited-edition dance releases.

Urban Club
Unedited versions of the hottest new hip-hop, rap, and R&B releases with a companion disc of instrumentals and acapellas

Underground Club
Deep house, soulful house and disco house

Alternative Club
The newest dance-friendly alternative remixes, backpack hip-hop, dubstep and electro

Rhythm Club
Cutting-edge remixes of current mainstream dance, electro, break-beat and South-Beach style house releases

Tropical Latin
Salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia and reggaeton releases, labeled by style.

Pop Latin
Latin Pop, Spanish Rock, Latin Dance and Reggaeton-Pop

The Caribbean Series
Reggae, dancehall, reggaeton and soca, clearly labeled to indicate style. hella easy to download music & real organized. i have a folder in (my music) called (Promo Only) then in the interface that you use to download the music. in the options menu you can pick = Download To Release Directories. meaning now when i click on my Promo Only Folder Each of those folders above are in my Promo Only Folder. you have the choice to only download certain genres or just choose (Download All)
DJ.Tyme 12:20 AM - 3 November, 2011
This Guy Glen Helped me out alot he always answer's his email. = Glen Ervin
Promo Only Orlando
257 S. Lake Destiny Dr.
Orlando, FL 32810
P 407.331.3600 ext 232
Mon Tue Wed Thurs 9 am-6 pm / glen.ervin@promoonly.com
stevie b 9:33 PM - 4 November, 2011
I have notice that some songs I downloaded where incomplete for some reason. I had to check all my music and redownload the incomplete songs. It sucks to have to do this.I have spent about 30 plus hours working out these bugs with promo only pool. I have lost confidence in promo only pool. When I first spoke with promo about the curupted m4a files, they said it was a serato issue. About incomplete downloads, I think it's a promo problem. And I forgot to mention download freezing up, I had to pause then un pause the download for it to resume. Checked my Internet connection with cox and it was fine. Again I think it's a promo problem.
Dj Papi LaffY 9:47 PM - 4 November, 2011
Thanks Tyme! I'll give it a try.
DJ.Tyme 5:03 AM - 5 November, 2011
hey stevie im not sure why your having so much trouble ? since ive signed up everything has been working kool 4 me
stevie b 3:49 PM - 6 November, 2011
Mr. DJ. Time, how long have you bin with pool? And have you checked all your downloads for the same issues that I am experincing? I love the music and the price but not the headaces. What type of music file are you downloading from pool? What are your preference settings?
DJ.Tyme 11:06 PM - 6 November, 2011
since oct. so far ive downloaded oct,nov,dec. in the Preferences options i check off (download to release directories) i download everything except (latin & christian series) i haven't went back and checked every folder but the one's ive checked are there. but i will say my downloads do seem to pause also and then i also have to click on pause/continue to keep the downloads going. ohh yeah i also only download them as mp3. i was using top hits usa's direct download service its kinda like promo only but its $50. but they also have a 30day trial period to try it out. was gonna sign up but seen post on here about promo only & i used to get my cd's from them so i decided to go with promo but top hits user interface it hella kool also