Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Monitoring line levels on NS6 - solution?

sheeno 6:37 AM - 28 October, 2011
Hi guys, I have been researching the NS6 recently and I understood it was not possible to monitor the input level of each channel. However, I read the comment below from Pete Input in another thread and wondered if what he is describing actually works. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks in advance.

"Pete Input 8:26 PM 20 October 2011
bluefoot

No, i don't mean external decks.
Input Levels is better name for what i mean, not Line In. (sorry about that)
Just push the button more than 1 second (and keep it that way), and you can see the input level just like normal mixer. If you adjust gain up or down, leds are going the same way.
When you release your finger from the button, you can see the master level.
I don't know when or how this has been happened, but it's working.
I got the unit about 2 weeks ago and i update the NS6 firmware.
My friend found out that thing... :) "
Pete Input 9:38 AM - 28 October, 2011
Well, i thought so too... but it's working. Just push the button and you will see it yourself.
(It's easier to notice (see), when you keep your main levels not so loud.)

If this is not Input Level meter, i would like to know what the hell is that...
One Week 8:21 AM - 29 October, 2011
Hi there, I was wondering what button it was that needed to be pushed?
Pete Input 8:37 AM - 29 October, 2011
Headphone cue-buttons.
Push it more than 1 second and keep it that way.
When you release your finger from the button, it goes back to the normal and you can see the master level.
One Week 8:39 AM - 29 October, 2011
So I am guessing I am to leave my finger on the button and it would show me the level for that channel?
bluefoot 10:40 AM - 30 October, 2011
@sheeno et al,
ez... I too have been on that thread and just want to back up what Pete Input is saying. I tested it last night and all seems to work fine:

Press and hold the channel cue select button to see the individual level of that channel.

If the lights shown by doing this are not level meters then I have no idea what they are. As pete says: they alter as you alter gain or bass (as long as you still have your finger holding the button). As soon as you let go of the button the level returns to metering the master out.
No idea why serato havent mentioned this before but cheers pete input +rep.
DJ Sidies 12:08 AM - 31 October, 2011
Is this true?

If so will they be able to add it to the next firmware update?
DJ Splat 2:41 AM - 31 October, 2011
There is no need to add it to a firmware update, it is already there. This has totally changed my mindset about my ns6. It is definitely a cue meter! What baffles me is that when asking Serato and Numark employees as to if this exsists they have repeatedly said no.....it doesn't. Was this an update that happened in 2.01 or is it just a software artifact that has just been discovered.
DJ Splat 2:51 AM - 31 October, 2011
I am going to re-post this. I don't think too many people are aware of this. Props Pete Input!
Kittmaster 2:53 AM - 31 October, 2011
Pressing and holding the cue for channel 1-4 for more than 2 seconds switches the master level meter to that channels input level be it phone/line level. Its used to set the gains for each channel.

No hidden feature, its designed to be there.
DJ Splat 3:11 AM - 31 October, 2011
This was the last thing that was posted about this and you can see what Logan's response was. Where did you get this information from Kittmaster? Seems from your response that you already knew this.....

bluefoot 12:45 PM 13 September 2011
Hate to be a pain, again I know this is being dealt with and for now I am already using autogain as a workaround.
It's just I read somewhere else that having more requests may add ammo to help bump up the priority of a feature request and I am desperate for this. I hate having to go back to having to fade up tunes in the mix when I want to drop 'em like bombs.

So here's my ammo:

Individual visual level meters to help set gain structure pre fade please;

Either let the master meters swap function to correspond with the headphone cue selection.

Or an on-screen level meter next to each deck (about the size of the record input level meter).

cheers guys. quotereportlink

Logan D 8:35 PM 18 September 2011

Hey bluefoot,
Thanks for your input and feedback, we value feature requests like this and take everything on board. This is on our to-do list and something we really want to add. Unfortunately I can only be vague with you now and say that it is being looked at, I can't give you any sort of date for this to happen at this moment.
DJ Caliente NYC 4:37 AM - 31 October, 2011
Even if the Cue Line level does work, It still doesnt make a difference. Theres no way that you can compare it. If you have Two separate line levels where you can actually see if one is higher than the other, you can lower the volume so the next track wont be too loud. You only have one meter, Not two separate meters for each deck.
bluefoot 8:41 AM - 31 October, 2011
@splat, I know, i dont get why they didnt tell us and so I am still waiting to be sure this is measuring actual line in. Next time i get a chance I'm gonna test this functionality without the autogain on so I can really see if the levels can be balanced pre listen. So far I only tested it while autogain was enabled so it probably wasnt a fair test.

@djcaliente NYC I know what you mean, it's nice to see both levels relative to each other but being able to check an input is at safe level beofre cutting in is all I need :)
DJ Splat 1:22 PM - 31 October, 2011
@ Bluefoot, I'm using it w/o auto gain so all is well there. @ caliente even my NS7 has the meters like you prefer so I agree that monitoring each channel is the prefered method, but coming from a original postion of no metering I was happy to have this. Mainly I keep my gains about the same through out so I am just wanting to make sure I am not coming in to hot( or quiet).My live track already has it's gain set.
Kittmaster 1:55 PM - 31 October, 2011
Quote:
Even if the Cue Line level does work, It still doesnt make a difference. Theres no way that you can compare it. If you have Two separate line levels where you can actually see if one is higher than the other, you can lower the volume so the next track wont be too loud. You only have one meter, Not two separate meters for each deck.

Correct, it only works for one channel at a time, if you press both cues, it moves to radio mode and meters revert back to the master outputs.....and then you get both cues of the 2/3/4 channels all at the same time out to the headphones........

Press on channel, set your level, release, press other channel, set your level, continue your show.....if you have dynamic content and need to adjust gains all time.....that is a whole nother issue.....maybe time to normalize your content......"typically" your input gain is a set and forget function.
elsupermang 8:08 PM - 31 October, 2011
Should be a checkbox in itch to enable channel based monitoring. The channel levels should then switch when switching layers using the layer button.
One Week 12:11 PM - 1 November, 2011
IT REALLY WORKS!!! U can try it with one the decks not playing anything and u would see no leds on the vu meter. I wonder why the rumour that the NS6 doesnt do channel monitoring spread like that. Get the word out there...the NS6 is one of the best controllers out there
dj-freestyle 4:33 PM - 1 November, 2011
Ok so witch button are you guys hitting the button that lets you listen to that channel in the headphones?
dj-freestyle 4:43 PM - 1 November, 2011
and if you are mine doesnt do anything. do you have to update firmware for it. I have a mac and dont do the firmware updates ever.
dj-freestyle 4:49 PM - 1 November, 2011
You have to do firware update for it to work. got it. thanks guys
DJ Sidies 4:50 PM - 1 November, 2011
yes update ur firmware
DJ Sidies 4:50 PM - 1 November, 2011
plus u have to hold it down. it works
dj-freestyle 5:11 PM - 1 November, 2011
Ya except everytime i do firmware update is makes my cue not work for heeadphones. Ive deleted firmware twice and reinstall and it still makes it not work. if i go back to old firware its fine. very annoying.
dj-freestyle 5:12 PM - 1 November, 2011
I see when you update the level thing works but i cant cue a song. really annoying.
dj-freestyle 5:16 PM - 1 November, 2011
Re did firmare and its fixed itself this time. all good. nice little feature
Pete Input 9:46 PM - 1 November, 2011
:)
bluefoot 12:25 PM - 2 November, 2011
:)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:32 AM - 7 November, 2011
Wow you're right! I wasn't aware of this. Seems it was introduced in the latest NS6 firmware. That's great news :)
semajjames 8:46 AM - 7 November, 2011
so what i want to know is ,,,,,, if we want this function refined and improved do we contact setato or numark ???? thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:33 AM - 9 November, 2011
I'm pretty sure the messages being sent and interpreted (regarding data and light states etc) is something that is worked on at both ends. I have replied to you in your own thread regarding this.
Sven75 8:30 PM - 11 November, 2011
Hi there,
I´m Sven from Germany and I have the problem that this doesnt work on my NS6. I search now for many weeks to find a solution. Now I´m happy that I found this chat! I tried this now many times and it will not work! Musik is on Channel1 running and on Channel2 I want see the Volume on the VU Meter. But when I push the CUE Button for 1 to 30 sec. from Channel2 then the VU Meter doesnt change. Of course I turn the Gain up and down to see an inpact...
Can somebody give me a hand to solut that problem? And maybe SERATO can change the VU METER on this way that when u push CUE that u hear and see that Channel on the VU Meter. This will help a lot. Or they can make it perfect and the left line is for the left channels and the right VU Meter line is for the right channels?!
But first I need help for my problem that my NS6 doesnt do anything from this what you post here.
Thanx a lot and nice Greetz
Sven
Red Robsen 11:38 AM - 12 November, 2011
hi i tried it but it doesnt work. I have Itch 1.8 and i bought my Ns6 in July 2011. Where can I see which firmware i Had? In the setup i see only "The firmware is up to date" but no version. I dont want Itch 2.0 at the moment because my itch 1.8 is stable without any drop outs or freeze. It is possible to get this feature without itch 2.0?
Sven75 11:49 AM - 12 November, 2011
Hi again,
I made the update to 2.01 but it still not running. Is there anything else what I have to do??
Greetz
Pete Input 3:43 PM - 12 November, 2011
@ Sven75
Update hardware. Then it should work...

@ Red Robsen
Maybe it doesnt work with 1.8 ?
Sven75 3:45 PM - 12 November, 2011
@ Pete,
how to update the hardware?
Red Robsen 3:48 PM - 12 November, 2011
Sven do you have itch 2 with NS6?
Sven75 3:50 PM - 12 November, 2011
yes. with the update 2.01 Itch and a NS6. normaly it was itch 1.8.
Sven75 4:01 PM - 12 November, 2011
I found out that i have 2 different Itch softwares...
Itch 2.01 (63,7MB) & Itch for Numark NS6 1.8.1 (31,4MB)
But both Itch Softwares are not let me use the CUE Button.
I´m totaly confused and i not know what to do.
bluefoot 10:04 AM - 13 November, 2011
hey sven, the itch guys intentionally leave the old version of itch when you update so you can roll back if you want. This is why you have two versions. Delete the oldest if the newest is working.

To update firmware you must have the ns6 connected and turned on. If all is working correctly and I remember this right: the option to update firmware will appear in the bottom left corner of the setup screen ( i think)
Pete Input 10:19 AM - 13 November, 2011
@ Sven75
Connect your computer and NS6. You also need a internet connection.
Go to the ITCH setup and update your hardware.

"Firmware Status / Updater:
When the NS6 is connected to your computer and your computer is online, this window indicates whether or not your firmware is current. If there is an available update, you will be able to click the "Update Firmware" button to update it."
dj-freestyle 7:27 PM - 13 November, 2011
You have to do firmware update otherwise doesnt work.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:27 PM - 13 November, 2011
Hey guys,

As has been already said you will need to update to the latest firmware for this to work. Make sure you are running the latest version of ITCH and with your NS6 connected go to the 'Hardware' tab of the Setup screen. Here you should see a 'Click to Update Firmware' button.

After you have updated the firmware it should work :)
dj-freestyle 4:11 PM - 14 November, 2011
If you do update firmware i had a to erase it twice and reistall firmware a few times. its knocked headphone stuff out but after 3rd try it went through correctly so just pay attention after update. check everything.
dj-freestyle 4:14 PM - 14 November, 2011
@logan, you might want to post the link again for erasing firmware and reisntalling fo those who have issues. it comes in handy.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:24 PM - 14 November, 2011
I thought that issue was fixed with their latest firmware update by Numark.

You shouldn't be getting this issue anymore but if you are let me know and either myself or someone from Numark can upload the force-update firmware file/steps.
dj-freestyle 9:31 PM - 14 November, 2011
I was doing the newest firmware update and first 2 times a uploaded it it knocked my headphone stuff out. I wiped it out twice and reinstalled and it worked.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:34 PM - 14 November, 2011
How did you wipe it and re-install?
Lightning 9:43 PM - 14 November, 2011
Copied from this thread... Which someone should FAQ this firmware erasing process.
serato.com

Next, putting Into NS6 Update Mode (erased status):
1. Power OFF NS6
2. Attach to Mac via USB cable (Note: the Mac Must Have Already NS6 drivers loaded)
3. Power ON while holding down the NS6 FWD LOAD LOAD A and B buttons.
4. When you see right on cue deck blink, press CUE. (This Will erase the old FW.)
Note: You Should now see the LOOP IN LEFT button on the deck lit white solid.
Last, Update Firmware on your NS6:
Stefan Hopper 12:01 AM - 15 November, 2011
Thanks for posted this... I've been looking for a solution for ages, as this is significant issue in the Numark/Serato package. However, having just tried this myself: I can't say it's solved the problem. The fact there are 4 channels and only 2 LED strips means there can't be a perfect solution, granted. But even the hold and see approach, still isnt doing it for me.

As a test, just starting 1 channel and viewing the normal "master", and then vs the held channel gives me a different reading. Especially if you hold said channel and turn the gain to full, it just gives up and give no reading at all! If your master is fully on a given channel alone and you hold said channel, it should read the same at least!? So it feels like this patch is still far from perfect.

I'm hoping this can be resolved asap, as this for me, is the weakness in an otherwise excellent package.....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:57 AM - 23 November, 2011
Thanks for your feedback Stefan, there are definitely some valid points there.
We will look into this further.
djcerla 1:04 AM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
Thanks for your feedback Stefan, there are definitely some valid points there.
We will look into this further.

a "traffic light" 3 LEDs indicator inside each deck on the GUI?

green>signal
yellow>0db
red>overload
bluefoot 10:07 AM - 23 November, 2011
I am happy with how the level indicator works but also agree with cerla and have mentioned it somewhere before:

Why bother giving the hardware the line level readout. You already have a "rec in" level which displays fine on the software. Can't we have individual level meters for each deck on the software too?
Stefan Hopper 9:16 PM - 23 November, 2011
Yes, this is an excellent suggestion. A software GUI level meter per deck seems to be the ideal solution. The fact we only have 2 physical LED strips, means this would overcome this, and the master L/R LEDs can remain as designed. Would it be possible to monitor external decks via a software solution though?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:49 AM - 28 November, 2011
Quote:
Would it be possible to monitor external decks via a software solution though?

I'm not sure to be honest, I'll need to check. Either way, while it is a valid idea, I'm not convinced that this is the best way. During a mix when you are going to be using these LEDs the most, I would imagine most people would rather be looking at the mixer/NS6 - this is because they will be EQing etc on the mixer and can monitor the level while doing so instead of flicking their head back and fourth between software and mixer.

How about when you turn on the cue for a channel, as long as the cue is on the LED strip closest to it (so, left for left right for right channels) would be the channel gain and the other would remain the master. In the event of having more than one channel cue'd up (which wouldn't be often), then the two channels would add to form one output (so it would be the same but it would be the sum of both channels being cued).

This is purely speculation, I'm certainly not saying we are about to do this but I am curious as to everyones thoughts on this :)
Ragman 3:55 AM - 28 November, 2011
If the laptop is directly in front of your controller, I don't think it's a difficult thing to look at it while making EQ/Vol changes as it's all in your line-of-sight. Lastly it would be a better option then the status quo.
djcerla 11:33 AM - 28 November, 2011
Hi Logan,

Typically, you don't look at input level LEDs while performing the mix, but just after, to check if something has gone in red territory.

IDEA: a single dot in the decks as a very basic but effective level indicator:
no dot > no signal
green dot > signal is present
yellow dot > around 0db
red dot> overload
dj-freestyle 5:12 PM - 28 November, 2011
I like logans idea alot. that would be a good fix i think.
dj-freestyle 5:13 PM - 28 November, 2011
but even better just put level meters on the computer screen. that wouldnt bother me at all. with mp3 being such different volumes its a must to have levels. a must
bluefoot 6:10 PM - 28 November, 2011
@Logan, thanks for asking:

I use level LEDs to set level before a mix and chk them after a mix but would not watch them during. It would be fine to have them on screen for me.

The dots idea from Cerla is also fine for me, pretty much what allen and heath have run with for years.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:11 PM - 28 November, 2011
Yeah I think you guys are right actually, most people tend to check the level before and after a mix.

I don't think on-screen solutions are an option right now to be honest. It is an interesting idea Cerla but that is a huge change we are talking about and there are quite a few implications involved there.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
dj-freestyle 4:28 PM - 29 November, 2011
With mp3's there can be such a difference is levels that you have to have a source. You cant drop a song at a gig and blow people out or watch the crowd leave because they cant hear the song
Dave The One 3:45 AM - 11 January, 2012
Awesome! I just bought the NS6 two days ago and was going to bring it back because of the lack of input monitoring. It sucks that only one can be done at a time.

Hopefully with a firmware/software update we will be able to press the two headphone cues down and get individual meters for it.

Just an idea how about the strip search button working in conjunction with tap to disengage strip search which will turn the strip search meter to input level; then re-engage tap and get strip search back. It's quite a stretch but I'm desperate here. It would be nice to get input meters in itch too!

Thanks for this thread; I'm a happy camper and definitely keeping the NS6!
Dave The One 3:53 AM - 11 January, 2012
Hmmm; Ok I'm looking at the fader; perhaps a redesigned fader; after all they are replaceable. Redesigned fader with Level meters on top and bottom (horizontally); There's about 1/4 of an inch from the bottom of the fader going down to the edge of the mixer and about 1/2 inch from the top of the crossfader to the bottom slot of the pc/line faders; there's room for a fader with meters on the top and bottom. I'm a desperate man.....
dj-freestyle 4:58 PM - 11 January, 2012
You guys relize we are all gonna be pissed becasue the next version of the ns6 will have them. we all know it will and we are all gonna bitch but it will happen. always does.
elsupermang 6:08 PM - 11 January, 2012
Simplest thing is to have a checkbox since the NS6 or key combo, to enable line level monitoring permanently. When you switch layers aka toggle betweens decks 1 or 4 on the NS6 the line level meter begins to monitor that deck. Simple, and still on the controller.
signs 6:42 PM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:

How about when you turn on the cue for a channel, as long as the cue is on the LED strip closest to it (so, left for left right for right channels) would be the channel gain and the other would remain the master. In the event of having more than one channel cue'd up (which wouldn't be often), then the two channels would add to form one output (so it would be the same but it would be the sum of both channels being cued).

Hey Logan,

While reading I also had exactly the same Idea, and just 3 postes later you told it.
THIS WOULD BE A REALLY NICE SOLOTION I THINK.
Hopefully as an Firmware Update. Don't want to wait until Itch 2.1.1 is released.
dj-freestyle 4:20 PM - 12 January, 2012
I read i think a quote from serato and they said numark had to do a firmware update with that for it to be possible so its on numark i think.
blackavenger 5:33 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
You guys relize we are all gonna be pissed becasue the next version of the ns6 will have them. we all know it will and we are all gonna bitch but it will happen. always does.

I won't....that will be the day that I replace my current NS6!!!! I actually can't wait til' that day comes ;) I wish it were going to be at this year's NAMM, but I am being realistic, we probably won't see an NS6 Replacement until next year :(
blackavenger 5:38 AM - 13 January, 2012
You see, I've accepted the fact that I will likely replace my controller several times over the coming years.....especially if I stick w' ITCH.

ITCH's very nature (being closed) requires you to upgrade per software enhancements. Pretty genius on Serato's part.....then again, will we all stick around or go with something more MIDI (modular) friendly like Traktor.........?!?

it's a gamble ;)
djcerla 11:21 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
ITCH's very nature (being closed) requires you to upgrade per software enhancements. Pretty genius on Serato's part.....

too bad that even legacy hardware is still supported in newer ITCH version, including new features like the SP-6

Quote:
go with something more MIDI (modular) friendly like Traktor.........?!?

too bad that, unlike ITCH, you'll end up paying for the software upgrades then! :D
blackavenger 12:40 PM - 13 January, 2012
I have a friend that makes wall plaques for a living. I'm going to have him make you one to put in your studio, bedroom, bathroom, wherever the fuck you want to put it....it's going to read -

Cerla, ITCH's BIGGEST FANBOY!!!!!

God forbid anyone say anything even remotely against Cerla's precious ITCH, his fanboy-ass will on you with the quickness! For fuck's sake, I wasn't even criticizing ITCH, or it's hardware.......but that's how you saw it, isn't it?

Bro, seriously.....stop!
VinnyBlanc 2:33 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
I have a friend that makes wall plaques for a living. I'm going to have him make you one to put in your studio, bedroom, bathroom, wherever the fuck you want to put it....it's going to read -

Cerla, ITCH's BIGGEST FANBOY!!!!!

God forbid anyone say anything even remotely against Cerla's precious ITCH, his fanboy-ass will on you with the quickness! For fuck's sake, I wasn't even criticizing ITCH, or it's hardware.......but that's how you saw it, isn't it?

Realy? It's ok for Ean Golden and his drones of Traktor/S4/S2/Midi Fighter zombies to have entire sites/forums of Traktor Fan-boy-ism, but Cerla says something you don't like on a thread on a serato forum and you want to rip into him? wow.

Bro, seriously.....stop!
blackavenger 2:39 PM - 13 January, 2012
^ and clearly you're an ass kisser......why don't you try reading my post before making asinine comments about it?

I WASN'T CRITICIZING ITCH!!!

Damn, Fanboys are out in full effect today......
blackavenger 2:49 PM - 13 January, 2012
I don't even own Traktor anymore.......I sold it! Shows how much of a Fanboy I am, right? I've been a Serato Customer/User/Forum Member for almost 6 years now....if I want to critique any of their products, I should be able to do so without Fanboys like Y'all coming out from the shadows to bash & misconstrue whatever I say.

LOL....but again, I WASN'T EVEN PUTTING ITCH DOWN......hahaha, Y'all kats trip me out :)
nik39 5:46 PM - 16 January, 2012
lol.
Dave The One 6:16 PM - 16 January, 2012
I'm not buying a new controller several times over the years; only a fool would do such a thing. Technics 1200's still serve their purpose; all you need is scratch live interface a mixer and two 1200's or cdj's.

It would serve Serato better to make one version of Serato scratch live software with full dvs and midi mapping capability and just charge for the software.

I bought an m-audio axiom pro 49 and the mpd 32; both are incredible pieces of hardware and I can use them with every daw and DJ software except for Serato.

Avid/Digidesign tried to stay closed and they damn near folded.

There is no industry standard daw anymore. ableton live, reason, logic, digital performer, cubase pro tools and reaper can all do the same thing. I tell any client that demands pro tools to go f--k themselves. I have pro tools 10 hd along with live reason logic and reaper. I decide what tools are best for the job; not what people think is the industry standard.

Budget is not an issue with some people and it is for others and Serato needs to realize that the best way to serve everyone is to open up the software otherwise somebody will eventually take the throne.
djcerla 8:29 PM - 16 January, 2012
Quote:
Bro, seriously.....stop!

Stop stating FACTS? Why?
blackavenger 10:35 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Bro, seriously.....stop!

Stop stating FACTS? Why?

The fact you were "stating facts" was not the reason for that comment. I was urging you to STOP attacking anyone who "even remotely" criticizes ITCH.

Quote:
Quote:
ITCH's very nature (being closed) requires you to upgrade per software enhancements. Pretty genius on Serato's part.....

too bad that even legacy hardware is still supported in newer ITCH version, including new features like the SP-6

Now this only applies if we NEVER receive 3rd party MIDI support. Sure Numark, or Pioneer, or Vestax can make us MIDI controllers for the various functionality in ITCH, but they are never going to give us something better than we can give ourselves. Well, with that said......

So, even Serato's recent announcement to add Video doesn't convince you that my statement was correct? Hmm, Cerla...why don't you explain to us all how Serato are going to provide Current & Legacy Hardware with support for Video? Not that I personally give a shit, honestly! There simply aren't enough Buttons, Pots, Switches, or Faders to account for all of this future development. THAT IS FACT!! Eventually we are going to have to upgrade our Controllers (which I don't mind doing if it's absolutely necessary), or Serato are going to have to wise up and give us the freedom to map MIDI onto external 3rd party hardware.

Quote:
Quote:
go with something more MIDI (modular) friendly like Traktor.........?!?

too bad that, unlike ITCH, you'll end up paying for the software upgrades then! :D

How was that even relevant to what I was saying? It wasn't. Sure, you are correct, if anyone goes over to Traktor they will have to pay for updates. By now, I'm pretty sure most peeps on here are aware of that. You see, this is your problem, Cerla. You were so offended that anyone would have anything to say about your precious ITCH, that you just HAD TO defend it against what you saw as an attack. Your behavior is ridiculous! It's not just this thread, it's strewn throughout this board......that's why I felt compelled to call you out on it. I am tired of seeing you embarrass yourself this way. And what's even funnier, are all your little ass kissing minions that come to your defense despite whatever you may have to say.

Hey, bro, I respect you as a producer, and recognize that you are a "true head" from back in the day. You clearly have madd skills, and know your shit about a whole host of things concerning, not only ITCH, but sound in general. However, I want this to be perfectly clear to you, unlike some of the kats on this board, I REFUSE to kiss you ass because of it!
djcerla 11:02 AM - 17 January, 2012
OK. Let's relax and analyze it: this was your original post

Quote:
ITCH's very nature (being closed) requires you to upgrade per software enhancements. Pretty genius on Serato's part.....then again, will we all stick around or go with something more MIDI (modular) friendly like Traktor.........?!?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the message I get here is: "Serato pushes users to pay (for more hardware) in order to have the newer features". And there would be nothing wrong or bad in this practice, but your statement is simply not true.

As I pointed out:

Quote:

This is a fact. Serato is actually adding features for free to existing customers, even on legacy units.

Then, given you talked about the MIDI capabilities of Traktor in this context:

Quote:
too bad that, unlike ITCH, you'll end up paying for the software upgrades then!

This is absolutely relevant to what you were saying (assuming I understood your post correctly), because with Traktor you're not paying for additional hardware (also a questionable statement, because X1's, Maschines and Launchpads are not for free), but you're paying for the software updates, unlike ITCH.

So, there was no "attack" whatsoever, only a normal discussion. But you choose to attack me personally on this, even attacking other forum users (calling them "ass-lickers"). Trust me, there are no reasons to "kiss my ass", I'm no developer, no mod, no nothing here but a fairly enthusiast user.
djcerla 11:07 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
why don't you explain to us all how Serato are going to provide Current & Legacy Hardware with support for Video?

we'll find out soon.
djcerla 11:28 AM - 17 January, 2012
One last word:

Quote:
I was urging you to STOP attacking anyone who "even remotely" criticizes ITCH.

As you are probably aware, I criticized, and still criticize ITCH a lot.

Take Simple Sync, Instant Start or the AAC Bug: I urged Serato on these via public posts and countless PMs to developers. Same goes for Keylock algo, FX editing and other "small" things (I think Zeb will ban me from sending him PMs sooner or later! :), but with not much success so far.

It's always been a positive, constructive critic, though, not the random bashing that not ITCH nor its developers deserve.
signs 11:31 AM - 17 January, 2012
... head over to Traktor ;)
blackavenger 11:33 AM - 17 January, 2012
Ughh, I don't want to do this.......I realize that I started it by making all those condescending comments, but regardless, I don't have the energy to keep this up. Sooo.......

I concede to whatever points you want to make, even though I don't.
blackavenger 11:36 AM - 17 January, 2012
Call me what you will....weak...wussy.....coward, I don't care. I could go on and on arguing my point, but for what? So I can swing the biggest internet dick.......honestly, the subject doesn't matter that much to me.
phatbob 11:39 AM - 17 January, 2012
Calm down my dears.

NAMM is coming! New toys for EVERYONE!
djcerla 11:51 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Call me what you will....weak...wussy.....coward, I don't care

as long as you're a fellow ITCH user, I'll just call you friend ;)
blackavenger 11:51 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Calm down my dears.

NAMM is coming! New toys for EVERYONE!

speaking of which, I hope that Serato do open up MIDI, 'cause I would love to have this for the SP-6 ......... I may just get it for ScratchLIVE, regardless.

www.djtechtools.com

Also, I can't wait to get a look at the details for that new 58SL (or whatever they are gonna call it). Yes, NAMM is this weekend, and it's going to be interesting to say the least. I'm excited to see what's coming, all across the board.
blackavenger 11:52 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:

cute ;)
signs 12:00 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
speaking of which, I hope that Serato do open up MIDI, 'cause I would love to have this for the SP-6 ......... I may just get it for ScratchLIVE, regardless.

I think they will show as an official SP-6 controller - Like Numark NSP-6
Ragman 12:36 PM - 17 January, 2012
^Crosses finger...
Manny C dot com 5:42 AM - 23 January, 2012
Dammit, Serato, just put it on the screen already. Problem solved!!!
Manny C dot com 5:43 AM - 23 January, 2012
Quote:

Get a room, you two.