DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Post A Piece Of Equipment (Music Related) That You Think NOBODY Here Has....

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:41 AM - 24 October, 2011
And YOU have to take the picture, or be "Challenged" to prove it's really yours...(or in your possession).

I"ll start...

I don't think ANYBODY has this particular Model of Record Changer

www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com

It's got Anti-Skate, an Adjustable Counterweight, AutoLock Tonearm, a MAGNETIC SHURE cartridge, on a REMOVABLE headshell.

Who's next?

PS - No CV's or Records Please - Just Music Related Equipment or Devices.
got2b Ru 9:56 AM - 24 October, 2011
I'll see your BSR 510, and raise you 1 Garrard Zero2000B

img21.imageshack.us

It's got Anti-Skate, an Adjustable Counterweight, Pivoting Head Tonearm, a Pickering XV-15 cartridge on a REMOVABLE headshell.

My dad gave it to me 6 months before he passed away in 2006. He thought it was BETTER than a 1200mk II(so very wrong dad). I DO have to confess: just 3 months ago I chucked this unit in the dumpster at my job because it reminded me too much of my dad in his final days battling prostate cancer. I DID keep the Pickering XV-15 and mounted it to a Stanton headshell for archiving vinyl----->img59.imageshack.us
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:43 AM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
I'll see your BSR 510, and raise you 1 Garrard Zero2000B

img21.imageshack.us

It's got Anti-Skate, an Adjustable Counterweight, Pivoting Head Tonearm, a Pickering XV-15 cartridge on a REMOVABLE headshell.

My dad gave it to me 6 months before he passed away in 2006. He thought it was BETTER than a 1200mk II(so very wrong dad). I DO have to confess: just 3 months ago I chucked this unit in the dumpster at my job because it reminded me too much of my dad in his final days battling prostate cancer. I DID keep the Pickering XV-15 and mounted it to a Stanton headshell for archiving vinyl----->img59.imageshack.us

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

VINTAGE EQUIPMENT!

Piviting Head Tonearm? NIIIIICCCEEEE!!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, and how it relates to the Garrard piece, but I'm sure he was trying to give you what he considered an piece of history, WHICH that piece is.

RESPECT!
got2b Ru 12:12 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your Dad, and how it relates to the Garrard piece, but I'm sure he was trying to give you what he considered an piece of history, WHICH that piece is.

It's cool. But that particular model of tt was actually a P.O.S. belt driven update of the Garrard Zero100 which my dad had 2 of with a Spearsonic mixer back in the late 70s. My dad wasn't much of a father once my parents split but we bonded on music, stereo equipment and cars. He had me reading Stereo Review at age 7 and understanding power ratings, impedance and things like speaker efficiency, wow and flutter and bias differences of tape (open reel 8 track and cassette).

which brings me to this:

imageshack.us

This is a Lafayette LA-44 4 channel "solid state" integrated amplifier circa 1971 right before the wattage wars between Pioneer, Kenwood, Sansui and Panasonic/Technics.
Lafayette sold stereo equipment under their own name until the early 80s when they became Lafayette Circuit City then ultimately dropped the Lafayette name altogether.

this beast weighs in at about 15 lbs and has TONS of inputs as well as what we now call an effects loop for a reverb (for some reason back then, a lot of people liked that hallway sound)

imageshack.us
imageshack.us

This was an early attempt at surround sound and required a decoder or "Composer" and was abandoned because nobody could agree on a format as well as the technology of the era was still dominated by tubes. I haven't been able to find much info on this piece except that its 40 watts per channel x4 @ 8ohms (which is a lot back then as speakers were VERY efficient then). I don't really have a use for it BUT I keep it because it's rare and it works.

I got more...
Dj Mike P. 12:52 PM - 26 October, 2011
Not as rare as those but in perfect condition.
img690.imageshack.us
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:01 PM - 26 October, 2011
Ok question on the rules, are we supposed to be impressing people with the equipment or just having a piece noone ahs?? I have an ollld school numark TT with an old ass digital pitch that i bet noone has.....because i dout anyone wanted it lol
got2b Ru 2:21 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
I have an ollld school numark TT with an old ass digital pitch that i bet noone has.....because i dout anyone wanted it lol

did it look like this?------------>imageshack.us

I GAVE these away to my wife's cousin because I didn't feel comfortable asking MONEY for these. lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:27 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I have an ollld school numark TT with an old ass digital pitch that i bet noone has.....because i dout anyone wanted it lol

did it look like this?------------>imageshack.us

I GAVE these away to my wife's cousin because I didn't feel comfortable asking MONEY for these. lol

LMFAO! YUP thats the one! Oddly enough mine was given to me free to! I didnt think it was to bad though, not a tech but it got me through the learning process
DJDynasty 2:47 PM - 26 October, 2011
Well I dont still have these in my possesion but wonder if anyone else has or had them
The Tube by the Transylvania sound company.
It essentially was real smooth tweeter that required a driver to be attached behind it.

The action of Transylvania Power Company "The Tube" as described in the UK (?) LEECH "Sound Lasers" ad reads as follows and that pattern height is controlled even at some distance from the device. Does that seem reasonable to the users of K-tube? I love my Transylvania Tubes but have not evaluated them outdoors at a distance. Also, I believe Karlson's claims for his asymmetric projector - "klams" were similar.

"Sound radiates from the Tube in a flat sheet. While friction carries the wave motion to the immediately adjacent layers of air molecules, which then repeat the transfer and so on - there is of course an amplitude reduction in each transfer, and all of the excited air layers move parallel to the original sheet. This means beyond 20' of so front the tube, expansion of the vertical coverage height will virtually cease."

"They are as far advanced over ordinary loud-speakers as lasers are over light bulbs...

Wish I still had them
DJDynasty 2:52 PM - 26 October, 2011
Link for Image^
imageshack.us
reggae delgado 4:52 PM - 26 October, 2011
What y'all know about this bad boy!?!

www.aztlanroots.com
got2b Ru 5:08 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:

www.aztlanroots.com

oh HELL YES!!! OLD SCHOOL-SCHOOL GEAR !!! With the pop-up 45 adapter and the lp/78 flip double sided stylus!!! In NY as a kid, we wold have pizza parties and they would let us bring our own records and play them on the califone. Even then I was the DJ because I had all the current hits from my dad's collection. The ones my school had had a 6x9 that had good bass
O.B.1 5:24 PM - 26 October, 2011
yamaha rs7000 (I still make sick beats on it regularly!)

www.google.com
Kool DJ Sheak One 5:26 PM - 26 October, 2011
I got that Jazzy Jeff jawn too! Thick-ass faders made my pimp hand strong!
Those Califones are hard and great for portable gigs.
Built ruff and rugged for those little tykes to beat up!

I know none of y'all have this joint...

s110.photobucket.com
jprime 6:01 PM - 26 October, 2011
My custom circuit bent TR-707 :)

www.viperfunk.com
Kool DJ Sheak One 6:54 PM - 26 October, 2011
nice and knobby! ^^
reggae delgado 7:01 PM - 26 October, 2011
This is a cool thread
Dj_Roger 7:20 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
img690.imageshack.us

ohh.... memories, that was actually my first mixer
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:21 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's cool. But that particular model of tt was actually a P.O.S. belt driven update of the Garrard Zero100 which my dad had 2 of with a Spearsonic mixer back in the late 70s. My dad wasn't much of a father once my parents split but we bonded on music, stereo equipment and cars. He had me reading Stereo Review at age 7 and understanding power ratings, impedance and things like speaker efficiency, wow and flutter and bias differences of tape (open reel 8 track and cassette).

which brings me to this:

imageshack.us

This is a Lafayette LA-44 4 channel "solid state" integrated amplifier circa 1971 right before the wattage wars between Pioneer, Kenwood, Sansui and Panasonic/Technics.
Lafayette sold stereo equipment under their own name until the early 80s when they became Lafayette Circuit City then ultimately dropped the Lafayette name altogether.

this beast weighs in at about 15 lbs and has TONS of inputs as well as what we now call an effects loop for a reverb (for some reason back then, a lot of people liked that hallway sound)

imageshack.us
imageshack.us

This was an early attempt at surround sound and required a decoder or "Composer" and was abandoned because nobody could agree on a format as well as the technology of the era was still dominated by tubes. I haven't been able to find much info on this piece except that its 40 watts per channel x4 @ 8ohms (which is a lot back then as speakers were VERY efficient then). I don't really have a use for it BUT I keep it because it's rare and it works.

I got more...

OH MY FREEEAKKKINGG GGAAWWWD!

You are my new best friend....

That was SUPERB! I can't wait to get home to post up some stuff!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:22 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
Ok question on the rules, are we supposed to be impressing people with the equipment or just having a piece noone ahs?? I have an ollld school numark TT with an old ass digital pitch that i bet noone has.....because i dout anyone wanted it lol

I really want it to go along the lines of what WE THINK NOBODY ELSE ON THIS BOARD HAS....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:23 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
img690.imageshack.us

Now that's the Jazzy Jeff Edition....

You don't think anybody else on this board has that EXACT edition?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:24 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
Well I dont still have these in my possesion but wonder if anyone else has or had them
The Tube by the Transylvania sound company.
It essentially was real smooth tweeter that required a driver to be attached behind it.

The action of Transylvania Power Company "The Tube" as described in the UK (?) LEECH "Sound Lasers" ad reads as follows and that pattern height is controlled even at some distance from the device. Does that seem reasonable to the users of K-tube? I love my Transylvania Tubes but have not evaluated them outdoors at a distance. Also, I believe Karlson's claims for his asymmetric projector - "klams" were similar.

"Sound radiates from the Tube in a flat sheet. While friction carries the wave motion to the immediately adjacent layers of air molecules, which then repeat the transfer and so on - there is of course an amplitude reduction in each transfer, and all of the excited air layers move parallel to the original sheet. This means beyond 20' of so front the tube, expansion of the vertical coverage height will virtually cease."

"They are as far advanced over ordinary loud-speakers as lasers are over light bulbs...

Wish I still had them

See if you can find a pic....

Well, you're really supposed to "OWN" it now, but I'm interested in what it looked like...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:28 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
Link for Image^
imageshack.us

Spoke too soon. Nice.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:29 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:

www.aztlanroots.com

SH*T! I recently saw somebody posting about this, maybe it was you....

Brings back Elementary School memories...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:30 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
I got that Jazzy Jeff jawn too! Thick-ass faders made my pimp hand strong!
Those Califones are hard and great for portable gigs.
Built ruff and rugged for those little tykes to beat up!

I know none of y'all have this joint...

s110.photobucket.com

Oh snap.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:31 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
My custom circuit bent TR-707 :)

www.viperfunk.com

***dead***

NICE.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:31 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
This is a cool thread

Tryin' to bring a little Flava to the forum...

Keep it goin!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:34 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
He had me reading Stereo Review at age 7 and understanding power ratings, impedance and things like speaker efficiency, wow and flutter and bias differences of tape (open reel 8 track and cassette).

Man, Stereo Review was my JOINT!

I just KNEW I knew more about music, equipment, and sound than the average kid....lol.
DeezNotes 7:43 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:

www.aztlanroots.com

I had 2 of the smaller califones, but she made me get rid of 'em. I ain't mad tho.
CMOS 8:49 PM - 26 October, 2011
Not really DJ related really but i have a metronome from the early 1900s.

www.photovisual.info

Looks just like this one but has different markings. Ill take a pic when i get in.
O.B.1 9:29 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
yamaha rs7000 (I still make sick beats on it regularly!)

www.google.com

here I am fooling around with a little d-n-b remix I made with it:
Watchwww.youtube.com

and JOHNNY what happens if someone else on the boards actually posseses the same peice of rare gear that got posted?
irieproductions 9:39 PM - 26 October, 2011
then you dj so bad that you thought u had a unique piece of audio equipment.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:42 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:

and JOHNNY what happens if someone else on the boards actually posseses the same peice of rare gear that got posted?

Ummm, I guess that person should find something ELSE...lol.

The idea is to get away from seeing the SAME pics of 1200's, CDJ's, CV's and Speakers all the time.

I know there are some GEMS that you guys have locked away...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:42 PM - 26 October, 2011
Quote:
then you dj so bad that you thought u had a unique piece of audio equipment.

LOL! Yep!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:07 AM - 27 October, 2011
So, how about THESE Pioneer decks....

www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com

Model - Pioneer - CT1380WR and YES I had 2.

I was able to do Parallel recording (Record the same source to Decks A + B at the SAME TIME), so I'd have 2 Masters at the end of it all.

It had MUSIC SKIP, High Speed Dub, and check this out....

A REMOTE.

Yep, chillin. Ahh, the mixtape dayz.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:23 AM - 27 October, 2011
Then of course I had to get one with PITCH CONTROL (WITH an "On/Off" switch, so it beat the 1200's to the punch)...lol.

Enter the Sony - TC-WE805S

www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com

As you can see, it ALSO can do Parallel Recording for 2 Masters, and sounded GREAT.

I don't think I had a remote for this one though....but Sony's LED's were the bizznizz.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:28 AM - 27 October, 2011
And last but not least - The TASCAM 202 MKII. I'm sure a lot of people have the 203 MKII, (and I've got that one too...), but I think the 202 MKII is more rare...

www.djjohnnym.com

Again, I couldn't live without the Parallel Record feature, and here it is!

I'll give y'all a few to catch up...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:33 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
I'm sure a lot of people have the 302 MKII, (and I've got that one too...), but I think the 202 MKII is more rare...

Fixed...

It's 302 MKII...lol.
Steve E Wunda 2:16 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
Then of course I had to get one with PITCH CONTROL (WITH an "On/Off" switch, so it beat the 1200's to the punch)...lol.

Enter the Sony - TC-WE805S

www.djjohnnym.com
www.djjohnnym.com

As you can see, it ALSO can do Parallel Recording for 2 Masters, and sounded GREAT.

I don't think I had a remote for this one though....but Sony's LED's were the bizznizz.

I used to have one of these years ago. Forgot all about it until I saw these pics.
Manny C dot com 7:17 AM - 27 October, 2011
The FlashFormer:

i.imgur.com
Manny C dot com 7:46 AM - 27 October, 2011
The mother of all CDJs:

The Technics SL-P1200

i.imgur.com

Introduced in 1989, the original price for this unit was $1,400. Adjusted for inflation, that would equal about $2,561 today. In other words, it cost more than a CDJ-2000 does today. Paying that kind of money for a CD player was absolutely unheard of back then. As a matter of fact, the only place that I had ever seen these in use, was at Disney's Pleasure Island (Disney could afford anything they wanted). They had a pair in every single club in the park.

At the time that the SL-P1200 CD player was introduced, there was nothing else like it in existence. This was the very first cd player that allowed DJs to mix CDs just like vinyl, and it would be many years before any other company created anything that even came close.
RogerRabbit 7:49 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
The mother of all CDJs:

The Technics SL-P1200

i.imgur.com

Introduced in 1989, the original price for this unit was $1,400. Adjusted for inflation, that would equal about $2,561 today. In other words, it cost more than a CDJ-2000 does today. Paying that kind of money for a CD player was absolutely unheard of back then. As a matter of fact, the only place that I had ever seen these in use, was at Disney's Pleasure Island (Disney could afford anything they wanted). They had a pair in every single club in the park.

At the time that the SL-P1200 CD player was introduced, there was nothing else like it in existence. This was the very first cd player that allowed DJs to mix CDs just like vinyl, and it would be many years before any other company created anything that even came close.

Supposed to post a pic of your own equipment..
Manny C dot com 7:54 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:

1 - Hey, it could happen. LOL

2 - That's not what the title of the thread says.

*Technically, I kind of did own one for a while (by virtue of someone abandoning it with me for a LONG time, but he eventually came back for it)
Manny C dot com 7:59 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
The mother of all CDJs:

The Technics SL-P1200

i.imgur.com

Details:
www.rapmag.com
RogerRabbit 8:12 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

:) Yeah - but no one wants to see pics people pull from the internet..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:37 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

:) Yeah - but no one wants to see pics people pull from the internet..

Quote:
And YOU have to take the picture, or be "Challenged" to prove it's really yours...(or in your possession).

Doesn't say it in the TITLE, but it DOES say it in the 1st Post....

C'mon man, anybody can pull pics from the Internet...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:39 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
The mother of all CDJs:

The Technics SL-P1200

i.imgur.com
Details:
www.rapmag.com

This would be HOTNESS, IF you really owned it...

My boy owned one....and I was jealous like a mug...
WarpNote 11:56 AM - 27 October, 2011
Tracking this thread, and it was cool to read about the SL-P1200 too, never new about it....
djbanno 12:21 PM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
Tracking this thread, and it was cool to read about the SL-P1200 too, never new about it....

+ 1
crazy technology for the time...
got2b Ru 9:39 PM - 27 October, 2011
imageshack.us

Alesis HR-16 with the HR-16B ver. 2.0 O.S. eprom
I've had this damn near 20 years and it still has drum patterns I programmed in it since the early 90s. I used this to make beats with Voyetra Digital Orchestrator Plus and WinDAT on my old 486-DX4 100 PC (fast!!)
G!NSU 11:29 PM - 5 February, 2012
i just got a sl-p1200 today and wow.. i went to look at a pair of turntables today 1200s, the guy was going to sell them with cases and ortfon pro s needles.. but when i got there he changed his mind. i look over into the corner of his garage and i was like man thats a neat looking cd player... he said you want it you can have it free, it doesn't play mp3s.... of course i said yes... she works fine and is in mint condition. heavy! and has feet like 1200 turntables.. i never knew this unit existed until today

imageshack.us
Dj_PrimeTime 12:03 AM - 6 February, 2012
Have you all forgotten about the Linear turntables from back in da day?
www.flickr.com
DJ Remy USA 2:19 AM - 6 February, 2012
great great thread I have nothing to share Im not a pack rat I get rid of shit pretty quick especially any old tech. But keep posting old stuff cause a lot of its kool
dj_craigmac 3:42 AM - 6 February, 2012
This thread is cool
DJ Unique 3:43 AM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
This thread is cool

Yep
djbanno 3:45 AM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
i just got a sl-p1200 today and wow.. i went to look at a pair of turntables today 1200s, the guy was going to sell them with cases and ortfon pro s needles.. but when i got there he changed his mind. i look over into the corner of his garage and i was like man thats a neat looking cd player... he said you want it you can have it free, it doesn't play mp3s.... of course i said yes... she works fine and is in mint condition. heavy! and has feet like 1200 turntables.. i never knew this unit existed until today

imageshack.us

Score !
DJ Goce 4:04 AM - 6 February, 2012
My type of thread...
Let's go...
imageshack.us
DJ Goce 4:25 AM - 6 February, 2012
And another one...
imageshack.us
The SP1200 is from '86, The Fender Rhodes are Stage 88 from '78
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:13 AM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Have you all forgotten about the Linear turntables from back in da day?
www.flickr.com

GET out of here, you OWN that?

I've seen the linear ones, but they always looked cheesy...

THAT one is the bizznizz.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:14 AM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:

imageshack.us

Definately worth the TRIP! You own a piece of history now..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:15 AM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
My type of thread...
Let's go...
imageshack.us

Oh SNAP! Did y'all see that floppy disk? (NM)
DJPremium 10:10 AM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
My type of thread...
Let's go...
imageshack.us

Ha, not the only one, was just about to post mine:

img825.imageshack.us
DJ Goce 1:32 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:

img825.imageshack.us

Got my MPC 2000 in the pic too:) I have an Emax SE+ also, but it's at a
friend's studio, on "loan":)
bicedidit 1:38 PM - 6 February, 2012
www.stereomanuals.com

I no weve discussed these in the past, but this thread made me kinda nostalgic.
these tt's were dope and cheap as hell to get 2nd hand.
'cept the 33/44 speeds werent consistent... after scratching.
DjPrecision 1:43 PM - 6 February, 2012
Gold shure m44-7 (well maybe a few people have them, but not many!)

www.flickr.com

Shepard Fairey "Obey the Champ" Sl-1200 1/1, I know for SURE noone else has one of these....

www.flickr.com

And as of now, not too many has one of these ;)

www.flickr.com
DjPrecision 2:01 PM - 6 February, 2012
L2daGee 2:09 PM - 6 February, 2012
The final classic Rhodes Piano circa 1984, just before the factory closed.

i88.photobucket.com
Panotaker 3:32 PM - 6 February, 2012
This is all my personal equipment: 2 Technics SL-1100A's, A vintage Urei 1620, and a vintage Bozak mixer:
www.pbase.com
My fully restored Pioneer SX-1250 receiver, 160 wpc and weighs in at 74 lbs. I have two of them. My Pioneer RT-707 reel to reel.
www.pbase.com
And my Wurlitzer 1015 bubbler jukebox
www.pbase.com
DJ Unique 4:10 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
This is all my personal equipment: 2 Technics SL-1100A's, A vintage Urei 1620, and a vintage Bozak mixer:
www.pbase.com
My fully restored Pioneer SX-1250 receiver, 160 wpc and weighs in at 74 lbs. I have two of them. My Pioneer RT-707 reel to reel.
www.pbase.com
And my Wurlitzer 1015 bubbler jukebox
www.pbase.com

Wow!!!
I like the Bozak.
Mike_P 4:24 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Wow!!!
I like the Bozak.

Teehee!
2Seven 6:45 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Shepard Fairey "Obey the Champ" Sl-1200 1/1, I know for SURE noone else has one of these....

www.flickr.com

Yo what's the story behind these? Big Shepard fan over here. Patiently waiting....
Eric N 6:58 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
The mother of all CDJs:

The Technics SL-P1200

i.imgur.com

LOVE IT! These are what I started on in 1993. I was working for one of the larger mobile companies in Seattle, and they had 3 or 4 pair of these for their different systems. These were pre-instant start - so you had to either account for the lag and hope it started right, or get your track cued on stutter and then hit play. They also had this switch on the bottom that you had to push in to lock the transport when moving them around, and when we would forget to do so, they would get all fuckered up and need to go into the shop lol.

Also, note the backwards pitch control. Once I moved to 1200 turntables it was an adjustment for sure!
DjPrecision 7:16 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

www.flickr.com

Yo what's the story behind these? Big Shepard fan over here. Patiently waiting....

His Obey campaign was one of the sponsors of the 2006 Guitar Center Spin off- I won the whole thing, and that was one of many prizes. I've been dying to get it appraised lol
DjPrecision 7:17 PM - 6 February, 2012
I posted the wrong link with it btw... here's the correct one

www.flickr.com
2Seven 7:32 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.flickr.com

His Obey campaign was one of the sponsors of the 2006 Guitar Center Spin off- I won the whole thing, and that was one of many prizes. I've been dying to get it appraised lol

VERY jealous of that! Would love to own that. You use it?
DjPrecision 7:48 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.flickr.com

VERY jealous of that! Would love to own that. You use it?

I used it once for press when i first got it, but it's been sitting in case ever since.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:59 PM - 6 February, 2012
I want some of them Gold447s.
Mike_P 8:22 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
2Seven 8:47 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:

Where did Feniks snag his from recently?
Dj_PrimeTime 8:57 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:

This is at my parents house, my dad has passed but I've decided to leave it at his home so that nothing would happen to it. He's also got a nice Reel-to-Reel that I drool over even today. There's just nothing like that Old School stuff. :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:43 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This is at my parents house, my dad has passed but I've decided to leave it at his home so that nothing would happen to it. He's also got a nice Reel-to-Reel that I drool over even today. There's just nothing like that Old School stuff. :)

Hey, it being at your Parent's house is good enough!

That right there is THE BIZZNIZZ.
Dj_PrimeTime 11:29 PM - 6 February, 2012
@ DJJOHNNYM_vSL3........ Told ya it makes me drool STILL!
www.flickr.com
2Seven 11:41 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
www.flickr.com

WTF....I need one of those in my life!
DJPremium 11:44 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

img825.imageshack.us

Got my MPC 2000 in the pic too:) I have an Emax SE+ also, but it's at a
friend's studio, on "loan":)

Yeah i see it now in the bottom right corner of your pic. nice!
Dj_PrimeTime 12:00 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
www.flickr.com

WTF....I need one of those in my life!

LOL! Thnx Bruh. Like I said, my father has passed but I left everything just like he had it at the house. He was a music equipment connoisseur because he spent most of his younger life overseas in the military, back when technology was making the "turn" back in tha da. He never really cared about the "dj thing" but really liked the equipment part of music. I have some vinyls that I wouldnt ever sell for ANY amount of money!! Glad ya'll like!
Dj_PrimeTime 12:02 AM - 7 February, 2012
P.S. look at the title on the Reel.....Waaaaaay back Jazz music from tha '60's!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:10 AM - 7 February, 2012
That rite thurr is Massive. A GOLD Reel to Reel...who woulda thought?

Props...
dj_soo 12:32 AM - 7 February, 2012
I've got one of these still:

img535.imageshack.us

don't know what happened to the power cord but it was a pretty shitty preset-only sound bank, but i used to write a lot of tunes on my computer when i was a kid with this thing...
Dj_PrimeTime 12:54 AM - 7 February, 2012
Ok..OK..just one mo..........

www.flickr.com

What cha'll know about thissssss?
dj_soo 1:01 AM - 7 February, 2012
I have a laserdisc player too along with a massive collection of old school 80s karaoke discs...

my parents were early adopters of that shit...
DJ Goce 1:40 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

www.flickr.com

I have a silver Sony that reads video cd's too , Dune and Judge Dread discs among others..
My paps brought it from Singapore, never saw another one till now, LOL
Discs look like platinum records tho..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:47 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

www.flickr.com

Score...The infamous Video Disc....

Classic
bicedidit 1:58 AM - 7 February, 2012
wow. i havent seen anything 'AIWA' since i had a new walkman every week...
nice tt.
nice reel to reel
Dj_PrimeTime 2:12 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
wow. i havent seen anything 'AIWA' since i had a new walkman every week...
nice tt.
nice reel to reel

LOL..Thnx. I hold on to it to keep my memory of my father. My mother asked me to come take it a long time ago but I decided to leave it just as he left it...that reel to reel hadnt been plugged and powered in YEARS. *tears* They dont make it like that no mo!
bicedidit 2:20 AM - 7 February, 2012
yea man. plus maintaining a reel to reel can be a bit of a hassle.

my dads got some hi fi zenith equipment somewhere in the basement, tubes and all i believe.
quality is no longer.....
Dj_PrimeTime 2:29 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
yea man. plus maintaining a reel to reel can be a bit of a hassle.

my dads got some hi fi zenith equipment somewhere in the basement, tubes and all i believe.
quality is no longer.....

Yeah, I havent messed with any of it until this post was created. ya'll took me BACK with this one! LOL! When I went to take these pics, mother thought I was gonna "finally get rid of all that junk"...but I told her I was just showing it off.
dj_craigmac 4:30 AM - 7 February, 2012
Here's some old but not vintage items that you don't see everyday anymore. And yes i'm a fan of old stanton cartridges. Hopefully i can dig the cool stuff out this weekend.

my.imageshack.us
dj_craigmac 4:31 AM - 7 February, 2012
Wrong link !!!
dj_craigmac 4:35 AM - 7 February, 2012
Here's some old but not vintage items that you don't see everyday anymore. And yes i'm a fan of old stanton cartridges. Hopefully i can dig the cool stuff out this weekend.

imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us
Steve E Wunda 5:17 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us

I used to rock those 680s back in the day. I think those 500s were the cartridges I started out with.
sacrilicious 7:01 AM - 7 February, 2012
I have a nice Marantz 1060 amp and 112 tuner and no passive speakers to use them with, ha.

djsacrilicious.com

I also have a Technics SL-1360 at my parents' place with rotary pitch adjustment (separate for 33 and 45rpm) and an automatic tonearm.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:31 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us

NICE! But remember, this should be stuff that you think NOBODY ELSE on HERE has... :-)...

And you KNOW I got me some Stantons, but you just reminded me of something....

Stay tuned...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:32 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
I have a nice Marantz 1060 amp and 112 tuner and no passive speakers to use them with, ha.

djsacrilicious.com

I also have a Technics SL-1360 at my parents' place with rotary pitch adjustment (separate for 33 and 45rpm) and an automatic tonearm.

YOU MUDDA FUDDA!!!

That was the PREMIER Audiophile amp from back in the day...

How do you NOT have passive speakers for that? SHAME!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:38 PM - 7 February, 2012
BUUUUT THAT NUMARK IS CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ Goce 1:46 PM - 7 February, 2012
speaking about passive speakers..
my last shot:)
imageshack.us
Yamaha NS1000M's
got2b Ru 2:17 PM - 7 February, 2012
anybody got these?
imageshack.us
Kenwood MV-7 . 2 -12" woofers, 4" bullet tweeter , 5X13" mid/horn, 550 watt power rating.
They are extremely LOUD!!! I only use these when nobody is home and I wanna rock out with the volume @ 11. I actually had this one fall on me (it sits atop the hutch above my desk) after basswalking itself off the shelf so I ran screws through the bottoms so they stay put.(the other one fell once too) The sound quality is not great but good enough for what I use them for.

Oh yeah, I power them ...

...with this beast
imageshack.us

Crown PSA-2 some of yall know what this is...
sacrilicious 6:59 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

djsacrilicious.com

YOU MUDDA FUDDA!!!

That was the PREMIER Audiophile amp from back in the day...

How do you NOT have passive speakers for that? SHAME!

Well I do have these guys...

djsacrilicious.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:00 PM - 7 February, 2012
Ha ha...
sacrilicious 7:06 PM - 7 February, 2012
My dad has some nice passive JBL L166 speakers. I've love to inherit those when he's done with 'em as The Beatles don't sound "right" on any other system I've heard.
SpareChange 7:30 PM - 7 February, 2012
what I started on

www.flickr.com
SpareChange 7:36 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
I posted the wrong link with it btw... here's the correct one

www.flickr.com

Nice...I always wondered what it looked like..I still rock the Obey belt that he gave me..

his exhibit in the Cincinnati Art Center was pretty impressive
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:12 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

...with this beast
imageshack.us

OH SNAP! Some of you on here got some GREAT stuff....
bicedidit 11:01 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

...with this beast
imageshack.us

OH SNAP! Some of you on here are really old....
bicedidit 11:01 PM - 7 February, 2012
lol. j/k
sixxx 11:21 PM - 7 February, 2012
"OH SNAP! Some of you on here are really old...."

Nicely done with that misquote. hahaha
sixxx 11:21 PM - 7 February, 2012
nm
DJ Unique 6:07 AM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:
HaHaHa
DJ Unique 6:07 AM - 8 February, 2012
This discussion has become my favorite on SSL
reggae delgado 6:52 AM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:

imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us
imageshack.us

I thought I was seriously ballin when I moved from the 500 to the 680!
reggae delgado 6:52 AM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:

ditto. Y'all better hope my wife doesn't make me clean out the basement any time soon!
Laz219 1:03 PM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:

+1

Quote:

I still regularly use a set of 680hps, and a set of 520sk's
DJ Val-BKNY11203 5:12 PM - 8 February, 2012
When I moved last year I purged all my real vintage stuff. This is all the old stuff I have left. I have some Numark PPD speakers too, but I'm not unpacking the closet to get em out. lol

DigiTech 7.6 second sampler
imageshack.us

Gemini MX-6660 3Channel Mixer with Echo
imageshack.us

Carver CT-3 PreAmp
Sony MiniDisc Recorder
Kenwood Digital Equalizer
imageshack.us

ADCOM 2535 amp
imageshack.us
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:51 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
When I moved last year I purged all my real vintage stuff. This is all the old stuff I have left. I have some Numark PPD speakers too, but I'm not unpacking the closet to get em out. lol

imageshack.us

imageshack.us

YO! Are you from Jersey or something? One of my DJ partners had that EXACT "Echo Chamber" and Gemini Mixer, and I HATED that mixer...lol, but I showed him how to set it up to do effects...

I swear the power knob was missing too.......

We used to rock 4 TT's, and I had the Realistic, and he had that mess...lol.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:39 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

imageshack.us

imageshack.us

YO! Are you from Jersey or something? One of my DJ partners had that EXACT "Echo Chamber" and Gemini Mixer, and I HATED that mixer...lol, but I showed him how to set it up to do effects...

Booklyn NY man. My boy got it for me when he was working at The Wiz wayyyyyy back in the day. It did suck as a mixer but it was all about the echo on it for me. After awhile I ran another mixer to it and just used the effects.
bicedidit 3:49 PM - 9 February, 2012
Nobody beats the wiz..Lol
Remember crazy eddie?
skratchworx 5:15 PM - 9 February, 2012
I have a Vestax 06T, 2 x Gemini Flash formers. Not so rare, but I'm pretty sure nobody has these: www.flickr.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:17 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

imageshack.us

imageshack.us

Booklyn NY man. My boy got it for me when he was working at The Wiz wayyyyyy back in the day. It did suck as a mixer but it was all about the echo on it for me. After awhile I ran another mixer to it and just used the effects.

TRI STATE FTW!

Man for a second, I thought my boy unloaded that on you! lol.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:18 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
Remember crazy eddie?

YEP! He's IIIIINNNNSSSAAANNNEEEE!!!!
sixxx 5:47 PM - 9 February, 2012
Okay. I know at least 1 other person on this board who has this mixer but I still had to post it. Description found on facebook.

www.facebook.com
DJ Unique 6:10 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
Okay. I know at least 1 other person on this board who has this mixer but I still had to post it. Description found on facebook.

www.facebook.com

That was my first mixer.
Sucks that I didn't keep it.
iNBiTuiN 2:19 AM - 10 February, 2012
Nobody has this here for sure.

Watchwww.youtube.com
got2b Ru 2:45 AM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

and neither do you.

PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED
HandsomeRobDJ 2:58 AM - 10 February, 2012
I thought this thread was for UNIQUE equipment in general. Was gonna post the laptop stands I had custom built. Looks like it's for unique ANTIQUE equipment. I've got a top-loader Nintendo Entertainment System and Dog-Bone Controllers sitting next to the shiny wood-grain on my Atari 2600 and it all works PERFECT on my 50" LCD with the roughly 200 games I've got. Does that qualify in here? : )
reggae delgado 3:06 AM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Remember crazy eddie?

Lol I remember that from my one visit to NY when I was 12 I think. I was pissed that we couldn't add that to the tours & family visits we had planned!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:18 PM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
I thought this thread was for UNIQUE equipment in general. Was gonna post the laptop stands I had custom built. Looks like it's for unique ANTIQUE equipment. I've got a top-loader Nintendo Entertainment System and Dog-Bone Controllers sitting next to the shiny wood-grain on my Atari 2600 and it all works PERFECT on my 50" LCD with the roughly 200 games I've got. Does that qualify in here? : )

Post A Piece Of Equipment (Music Related) That You Think NOBODY Here Has....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:22 PM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
and neither do you.

Exactly, you should OWN it...:-)
DJ Remy USA 1:16 PM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
and neither do you.

Exactly, you should OWN it...:-)

thats some of the koolest shit Ive ever scene for a DJ.
CMOS 8:54 PM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Remember crazy eddie?

Lol I remember that from my one visit to NY when I was 12 I think. I was pissed that we couldn't add that to the tours & family visits we had planned!

This dude still makes me wanna run and buy something:

Watchwww.youtube.com
bicedidit 9:00 PM - 10 February, 2012
lol. he makes me wanna pay my taxes---in full, and then take a couple ritalins
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:46 AM - 11 February, 2012
The phone had a rotary dial. WOW we are old.
sixxx 8:12 PM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
The phone had a rotary dial. WOW we are old.

There is a college radio station in Fresno, California that still has a phone like that. lol

nm