Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

traxsource wavs reporting "Corrupt file: This wav is incomplete"

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
wtfbollos 9:46 PM - 22 October, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.3.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: pc
OS Version: win732
---

traxsource wavs reporting "Corrupt file: This wav is incomplete"

i never used to have a problem with traxsource wavs, but i am now for some reason!

i've just downloaded 31 tunes today and 22 of them are reporting this error!

i just spent like an hour entering in all the id3 tags, left ssl and re entered and NONE of the tags are there..

this is damn annoying, what is gong wrong???
wtfbollos 10:36 PM - 22 October, 2011
also after analysing files, which seems to go ok, if i then reload one of these tracks it starts building the waveform again, so it didn't take previously..
wtfbollos 12:18 PM - 23 October, 2011
Hi,

We will look into it but there are various issues that could be affecting the files such as running a newer version of your computers OS that Serato does not support yet. You may have to contact Serato on this issue.

Thank You for using Traxsource.com : )

Kind Regards

Traxsource.com Customer Support
We're here to help :-)
support@traxsource.com
www.traxsource.com
wtfbollos 5:36 PM - 23 October, 2011
i have subsequently found a way of 'fixing' these wavs. it's not all of them that are faulty, but in this recent download of 31 tunes, 22 of them were!

i have found that if i use "mobile media converter" (it's a great little free app) to 'convert them into wavs (they already are ofc!), then serato seems happy with them.

if anyone has this problem, ahead of finding a fix, then this will work. the best thing to do is download them to a separate directory (not with other files for now!) and from there you can process them in this way, it just makes it easier, rather than trying to remember which files you downloaded in amongst loads of others.

traxsource have said that they are now looking into this..
wtfbollos 5:36 PM - 23 October, 2011
great response to this thread btw ^^
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:48 PM - 24 October, 2011
You are the second person I've seen with issues with their Traxsource tracks.
Re converting the files is the only workaround I know of at the moment.
There has got to be some issue with how Traxsource is converting/encoding their files.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:19 PM - 25 October, 2011
Please upload one of the affected files to this thread and we'll try to reproduce the issue on a few machines here at Rane.
wtfbollos 5:05 PM - 25 October, 2011
cool, actually i've deleted all the pre converted files now and the downloads have expired, but i've a few to download in the next few days, so i'll nab one and upload it so you can see.

traxsource have replied that they will look into this.

thanks for the support guys :)
pueblofunky 5:49 PM - 25 October, 2011
"We will look into it but there are various issues that could be affecting the files such as running a newer version of your computers OS that Serato does not support yet. You may have to contact Serato on this issue."

A bad file has nothing to do with the OS. ;-)

I'm sure that traxsource has a bug in converting the files.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 10:10 PM - 25 October, 2011
Hey guys,

as Shaun said, if we could have a look at one of the files that'd be great. Will await the upload. Apologies for the delay in response, we had a three day weekend here.

Traxsource are obviously aware of the problem as well so we'll see if they come up with something from their end.

Mathew
wtfbollos 11:46 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
A bad file has nothing to do with the OS. ;-)

correct sir.

Quote:
I'm sure that traxsource has a bug in converting the files.

that's where i think the problem lies..
wtfbollos 11:47 AM - 27 October, 2011
Quote:
Apologies for the delay in response, we had a three day weekend here.

nice!

np m8 ;)
wtfbollos 12:01 PM - 27 October, 2011
here is one i downloaded the other day that did some weird things.

after i downloaded it and built the preview and set some markers it just zeroed the file and played as weird clicks. again, shoved it thru MMC which went thru it in seconds (it's making a wav from a wav, after all) and that was perfectly fine after that, no errors, indicated or otherwise, track markers stuck and preview stayed and file plays perfectly fine.

i downloaded about 11 tracks last night and all were ok bar this one, so maybe they quietly flicked a switch with telling anyone ;)

www.mediafire.com
Serato, Moderator
Andy W 10:21 PM - 27 October, 2011
This file has a tag (called a RIFF chunk in WAV file terms) labelled IART, containing the text "Reel Sessions" - the WAV file spec says that all RIFF chunks must have an even length, since "Reel Sessions" only has 13 characters in it this means that an extra "null" character should have been added after the end of the text to square off the end of the chunk. Because this wasn't done, the file is invalid.

The badly formed tag might have been added by Traxsource, or it could have been in the original file they received. Either way the file was probably broken before Scratch Live even saw it.
wtfbollos 10:25 PM - 27 October, 2011
well that's nailed that one..it'll either be traxsource encoding or the label..

i'll post any more i find on the next download..

btw also (nothing to do with serato), i wish someone would define a tag format for wav! ..i spend ages after downloading wavs from traxsource and having to paste in all the id3 tags in serato!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 1:12 AM - 28 October, 2011
Have forwarded on to the technical team here, as we believe we can look into this from our end too :-)

Mathew
wtfbollos 2:49 PM - 28 October, 2011
much appreciated, thx for your support :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 9:11 PM - 30 October, 2011
not a problem!

Mathew