DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

vinyls or cdjs?

bobobeatz 1:48 AM - 18 October, 2011
Do you have to use vinyl or is it just a preference? Cuz i sure dont wanna have to convince my uncle to sell me a pair of his 1200s n he has 4 pair that he just have collecting dust.
GilesDavis 1:55 AM - 18 October, 2011
He has 4 sets & wouldn't sell you one?! That's cold.

Vinyl all the way.
djbanno 2:19 AM - 18 October, 2011
Quote:
Vinyl all the way.

+1
Although i still think a well rounded dj should know how to use CDJ's...
skinnyguy 2:24 AM - 18 October, 2011
it's a preference.
Dj Mike P. 2:32 AM - 18 October, 2011
Turntables for me, got 2 pairs, only bought my cdjs just to learn them, they pretty much just collect dust. but go for whatever you feel better using.
bobobeatz 3:12 AM - 18 October, 2011
Cool cuz im one of the digital aged babies lol but yea he has 4 smh i learned a lil bit on them but went to cdjs lol jus for conveniance (dont have a lot of vinyl + stores that sell records are hard to find here)
GilesDavis 4:01 AM - 18 October, 2011
I wouldn't mind some 3700's...
DJRemix8x3 1:48 PM - 18 October, 2011
It's just a preference, but vinyl is better. Remember before there was CD's there was vinyl.
Akswun 10:54 PM - 18 October, 2011
lol DJRemix8x3
Before there were CD's there were Cassette Tapes... pencil for a quick rewind and to save your batteries.

@OP... get them 12s dammit!
djbanno 11:39 PM - 18 October, 2011
^^ it's funny how most kids these days would never make the connection between a pencil and a cassette tape...
DJ Alkemy 12:09 AM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
^^ it's funny how most kids these days would never make the connection between a pencil and a cassette tape...

I did the spinning motion but sometimes went the opposite way lol
DJRemix8x3 12:36 AM - 19 October, 2011
Take a bit of history with you and go on and get them 1200's
Daktyl 2:35 AM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:

vi.sualize.us
www.shutterstock.com
L-Murray 4:31 AM - 19 October, 2011
Man vinyl and turntables ALL THE WAY!! Hey im all for change and updated technology, so I have no problem with anyone using cd turntables, but if you are going to call yourself a dj, you cannot let the whole culture of deejaying die by staying on cdj's!! Even if u never do ur gigs with a real turntable at least practice sometimes with them, because that classifies dj's as dj's. Turntables and Vinyl. I see too many garbage ass dj's who really think their doin somethin in these clubs and they dont even know how to do a basic scratch or blend, because they jus use a fuckin sync function so it can pretty much do it for them!! So once again, not against cd turntables or controllers, but at the same time we cannot let the true culture of deejaying die!!
DJRemix8x3 12:10 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
Man vinyl and turntables ALL THE WAY!! Hey im all for change and updated technology, so I have no problem with anyone using cd turntables, but if you are going to call yourself a dj, you cannot let the whole culture of deejaying die by staying on cdj's!! Even if u never do ur gigs with a real turntable at least practice sometimes with them, because that classifies dj's as dj's. Turntables and Vinyl. I see too many garbage ass dj's who really think their doin somethin in these clubs and they dont even know how to do a basic scratch or blend, because they jus use a fuckin sync function so it can pretty much do it for them!! So once again, not against cd turntables or controllers, but at the same time we cannot let the true culture of deejaying die!!

+1
str8nger 2:02 PM - 19 October, 2011
get the turntables you will have so much fun!
Dj matty k 2:31 PM - 19 October, 2011
I use cdjs but do prefer 1210s if i can they are so much better to use feel nice :-)
Evon 3:30 PM - 19 October, 2011
I feel that CDjs are more convenient if your playing EDM because of pitchfluctuation. With Vinyl you have to ride the pitch and pay more attention. Especially when the needles are a bit worn.
But I think turntables are more fun to play.
phonze 3:41 PM - 19 October, 2011
I do more open format type of stuff, so TT's I'll always be rocking. If I took a house lounge gig, I'd probably leave them at home and just use their CDJ's.
bicedidit 4:46 PM - 19 October, 2011
vinyl is singular and plural.

im an asshole
but i hate 'vinyls'