Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best MP3 player app for iPhone???

Crackpipe 10:27 PM - 13 October, 2011
The iPod for iPhone has a clean layout for the average user but I find the controls a little hard to operate, especially when driving. I wish the buttons were a bit bigger and the track song bar work in landscape so it would be easier to skip to the intended spot in long mixes.

Anybody using an mp3 player app for the iPhone OTHER than the default iPod player?
djpuma_gemini 10:52 PM - 13 October, 2011
I never thought of that, does Apple even allow that.
I've always used the ipod function or just plug it into my alpine
DJ Schematic 2:50 PM - 14 October, 2011
+1 on using your head unit.

most all new head units use ipod control. there's some cheap ones out there for $150 that can do it and charge your phone in the process.
RogerRabbit 5:12 PM - 16 October, 2011
There are head units which support the searching/skipping with iPods.
djpuma_gemini 3:59 AM - 18 October, 2011
My new favorite thing about ios5 and my alpine is I can finally stream pandora, online radio etc and use the ipod function (alpine) and hear the sound through my car, so now when the radio stations suck up here I can stream some LA radio or my gangstarr pandora station.
djpuma_gemini 3:59 AM - 18 October, 2011
My alpine is from 05 and does that, but I had to buy a little adapter to go from 12 to 5 volts to charge the iphone.
DJ Schematic 4:36 PM - 18 October, 2011
Quote:
My new favorite thing about ios5 and my alpine is I can finally stream pandora, online radio etc and use the ipod function (alpine) and hear the sound through my car, so now when the radio stations suck up here I can stream some LA radio or my gangstarr pandora station.

LOL I'm in LA and I can tell you that I haven't listened to a radio station in over a year. Pandora all day son.
RogerRabbit 5:29 AM - 19 October, 2011
I wonder of I can use 2 Pandora players at a DJ gig to mix music :)
DJ Schematic 7:10 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
I wonder of I can use 2 Pandora players at a DJ gig to mix music :)

just make sure you have the premium edition because ads/commercials don't work well when you got the floor packed. at least from my experience.
djpuma_gemini 9:23 PM - 19 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

LOL I'm in LA and I can tell you that I haven't listened to a radio station in over a year. Pandora all day son.

true, but LA radio over Seattle radio any day.
Sean Reeves 8:14 PM - 23 August, 2017
CarbonPlay is one of the best options.
Crackpipe 8:58 PM - 24 August, 2017
well fast forward 6 years (yikes), I have an iphone 7+ and don't have an issue with navigating long mixes. My biggest complaint is the stock music player. I don't have or want Apple Music buttons on my music player app. They are a nuisance especially when you hit them by accident.

What's a clean iPhone music app that doesn't have Apple Music functionality, has a clean layout and can play your downloaded purchases from the iTunes store?