DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

can 1.8s midi controll DMX lighting

pdidy 10:30 AM - 30 September, 2007
im a noob to DMX lighting but ive read it can be controlled by midi. i use a Chauvet DMX-55 Controller and it has midi. will it be possible to controll my light show with my 57? learning how to program my controller is driving me fuckin crazy, will midi be easier? i need some help before i snap!
sopranosupasta 2:22 PM - 30 September, 2007
HAHA, yeah, and 1.8 will do you laundry, wash your car, feed your cat, and remind you about your GF's birthday....

why does everyone expect sooooo much from serato?

Learn how to program your light controller and leave the 57 for mixing music.
marx 2:58 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:

maybe because alot of these features are becoming a standard with other programs.

pdidy if its your residency i would recommend paying somebody or having the club pay somebody program @least 40 preset chases. If you don't like the "club lightboard" you can get something like this:

www.cinetix.de

& get a midi control to your liking like the trigger finger. each row can be another momentum of lighting. but you would have to pay someone to program it for u since u don't have the knowledge. This would give only you this light show. which would be different compared to other djs that come to the club.
marx 2:58 PM - 30 September, 2007
or just get your own light board
pdidy 5:44 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
HAHA, yeah, and 1.8 will do you laundry, wash your car, feed your cat, and remind you about your GF's birthday....

would you buy a quality phone and only use the call function?
or were u just bore and wanted to say something?
im looking for help not opinions.
sixxx 5:54 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:

maybe because alot of these features are becoming a standard with other programs.

He's right you know. PCDJ washes my car and feeds my cat. I use Torq to save money on my car insurance and pay some bills.
sopranosupasta 5:55 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO, I wouldnt expect my "audio"program to control my lights. would you expect to be able to dj with a light controller? i mean it has faders, why shouldnt you be able to Dj with it. come on dude.

the only help you need is learning how to program the light controller, leave the mixer for mixing audio, not controlling your lights.
sopranosupasta 6:02 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

He's right you know. PCDJ washes my car and feeds my cat. I use Torq to save money on my car insurance and pay some bills.

lmao sixxx. I once used final scratch to cure a little rash i had, but that was it. i had to get rid of it when it was gone.
pdidy 6:04 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
or just get your own light board

im a mobile dj and i already own everything like scanners , moving heads and a Chauvet DMX-55 Controller. i would like to no if i can controll and or trigger preset chases with the 57.
pdidy 6:13 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO, I wouldnt expect my "audio"program to control my lights. would you expect to be able to dj with a light controller? i mean it has faders, why shouldnt you be able to Dj with it. come on dude.

the only help you need is learning how to program the light controller, leave the mixer for mixing audio, not controlling your lights.

are you like 12yrs old or just not very brite. your looking for attention and it shows.
sixxx 6:28 PM - 30 September, 2007
lol @ brite
sopranosupasta 8:04 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
lol @ brite

1 million candle power......
sopranosupasta 8:05 PM - 30 September, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

are you like 12yrs old or just not very brite. your looking for attention and it shows.

actually im only 11, and i know that if i already had a light controller and it was just a matter of learning ow to program it, I wouldnt be looking to use my audio mixer to control my lights. Midi or not.

but have fun with your lights broseph.