DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

stanton str8-100??

RJ Cardenas 9:47 PM - 9 October, 2011
i recently just got 2 stanton str8-100 and i was wondering if they are compatible with serato scratch live??
DJ Eskwire 9:50 PM - 9 October, 2011
Yes
RJ Cardenas 2:18 AM - 10 October, 2011
will they calibrate correctly because i tryed out the trakto scratch duo 2 and it wasnt calibrating well one had 2 good circles and the other deck had a square
DJ Dac 3:23 AM - 10 October, 2011
i have had the st-100's for years, and they work great, you have something else wrong, the instructions will tell you whats wrong when you have the square...
RJ Cardenas 4:07 AM - 10 October, 2011
should i just send them back (because i bought them off ebay)? and save up to get the st 150??
DJ Dac 3:44 PM - 10 October, 2011
i have been using the st-100's for years with out a problem, its your call, does regular vinyl work fine? and if you switch plugs in the sl box does that fix the problem? also make sure the outs are set the same since you can switch from phono or line.
RJ Cardenas 11:44 PM - 10 October, 2011
yeah i put a record on and it was working fine. and i dont have serato yet im saving up
DJ Dac 12:13 AM - 11 October, 2011
Im guessing either your needles are old, or there is a bad rca cable somewhere, thats my thoughts
Wazo 10:34 PM - 13 October, 2011
the square means you have it on the wrong phono/line setting. set serato to line and tt's to line or vice versa.
RJ Cardenas 11:47 PM - 19 October, 2011
what about the numark ndx 800 they should work right
StreetFighta 1:09 AM - 20 October, 2011
I have the 100's and they work great. I've had them for years (at least 6), taking them to mobiles all the time and they're still strong
RJ Cardenas 2:02 AM - 1 December, 2011
i finally got serato sly and i now have 2 numark tt1625 with a numark m6 mixer... i got everything hooked up right and calibrated but now theres a loud pitch noise that would start whenever i push play... what do i do
JCRUZ 4:11 AM - 9 April, 2012
You might just be hearing the record itself, unless you dont have any music loaded on the virtual deck. Turn all your fader volumes down and put your ear next to the needle. You should hear it, thats what you might be hearing.
DJ Remy USA 4:40 AM - 9 April, 2012
the str-100 suck....well let me rephrase that they dont suck if thats the only table you ever used. The motor is terrible for scratching, I use stanton tables almost exclusively and I have owned ST-100 could not stand them because the motor just could not keep up. The chassis is crap as well a loud system will eat that table up in seconds