DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon DNSC 3900 and MC 3000 ?????

Djkom 8:25 AM - 4 October, 2011
Check out this!

www.denondjforums.com

Real or fake????

For me, if Denon releases the DNSC 3900 (controller + media player)I would definitely be the happiest DJ in the world !!! LOLLLLLL
Djkom 1:27 PM - 4 October, 2011
I don't know why Denon did not announce any new products or new prototypes during the BPM show,despite the MC 3000 looks very real in the leaked photo...

I'm quite disappointed by their communication strategy...only one post on their official website (which is censored as hell !!!! all my posts were rectified and I had a warning because I talked about the product competition with other manufacturers!!!)...it's a pity for a such big company compared to the offer competitors which launch tons of new products this years!!!

Is Denon declining ???
Djkom 12:58 PM - 5 October, 2011
???
J.J. 4:03 PM - 5 October, 2011
If the DN-SC3900 controls Scratch Live Natively, I'm buying it DAY 1!
Djkom 8:59 PM - 5 October, 2011
Quote:

For me too !!!!
Djkom 3:05 PM - 6 October, 2011
Still no comments from Denon guys ...
DJ SHY 4:19 PM - 6 October, 2011
=)
DJ EddieB 10:34 AM - 16 October, 2011
What I read on some of the European DJ websites is that the DN-SC3900 is replacing the DN-SC2000 midi controller. It will have an active platter like the DN-S3700 but no word on whether is going to be a true hybrid or simply a midi controller with the direct drive active platter.
Djkom 4:51 PM - 16 October, 2011
Quote:
What I read on some of the European DJ websites is that the DN-SC3900 is replacing the DN-SC2000 midi controller. It will have an active platter like the DN-S3700 but no word on whether is going to be a true hybrid or simply a midi controller with the direct drive active platter.

Thank you for these news!!! I hope we will havr official info from Denon soon
dj-freestyle 4:13 PM - 21 October, 2011
Picture on 3900 on denon banner at bpm so they are comming im told in dec to public by a denon rep
Djkom 11:05 PM - 21 October, 2011
Quote:
Picture on 3900 on denon banner at bpm so they are comming im told in dec to public by a denon rep

Ooooh where did you get this information???
dj-freestyle 4:27 PM - 24 October, 2011
Dj company here in chicago is sponsered my denon and the reps say dec and ill post wed address to picture on banner of 3900. one second
dj-freestyle 4:32 PM - 24 October, 2011
actaully go to very first post at top and click on denon forum and you will see banner about half way up page
Djkom 5:04 PM - 24 October, 2011
Quote:
actaully go to very first post at top and click on denon forum and you will see banner about half way up page

I've already seen this banner but I was not aware on launching date... Dec is comming fast...

Hope we will have teasers before, because the image is quite strange...no play/cue buttons, 5 or 6 big buttons on the top left corner...etc
DJSHARK 12:26 AM - 25 October, 2011
Quote:

Amen That is what I need.I love the 3700 but I just dont need the cd drive and I want true native support.Str8 up if Denon comes out with a native serato, platter spinning controller it will be huge.Put me down for 3 of these bad boys.
Djkom 10:14 PM - 24 November, 2011
Leaked brain new Denon cd/media/midi player the sc3900 ?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:26 PM - 24 November, 2011
Hmm, I always thought the "SC" stood for "Sub Compact"? That didn't look to compact. I could be wrong though......
Djkom 10:03 AM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:
Hmm, I always thought the "SC" stood for "Sub Compact"? That didn't look to compact. I could be wrong though......

I think C=Controller, but I can see a CD slot so maybe the name is wrong
Taipanic 7:25 PM - 9 December, 2011
I think this unit will be a beast! Love using the moving platters of the Denons. I think these will be replacing my HS-5500s later this year!
dj-freestyle 7:31 PM - 9 December, 2011
Love my 3700's. blow cdjs out of the water i think.
DJScottC 6:49 AM - 20 January, 2012
The DENON forum is VERY censored! I was ban from the site because I complained about an issue with my older 3500's and one of the Mods was on another forum I am on as well and I was complaining there too and then just ban me from the Denon forum. I LOVE Denon products when they work and I agree with DJ-Freestyle they blow the CDJ's out of the water for half the price! Too bad they do not take criticism very well! I hope they 3900's come to market and also have native Scratch live support! That would be the BEST thing to happen for me in a LONG time!
J.J. 8:11 AM - 20 January, 2012
My theory on the Denon SC2900 and SC3900. They are ready. Since 1 of them is Native SSL Support, Serato told them to wait on the launch (at least a day) so Rane could announce there mixers. Remember, Serato announced Serato Video 2 days prior. I wish they would announce SSL with Splice, Beat Jump and an improved Key Adjust.

The denondjforums are dead. What happened? Europe and North America are merging (sites and facebook page)?

The only thing you will find on the unofficial forums over there is locked post:
"New gear announcements/reveals will be posted under their respective forum headings in due course."

I still see no new forum headings. Ahh... I miss the days of Silvio (and Shy) D-Days.
Djkom 9:33 AM - 20 January, 2012
Quote:
The DENON forum is VERY censored! I was ban from the site because I complained about an issue with my older 3500's and one of the Mods was on another forum I am on as well and I was complaining there too and then just ban me from the Denon forum. I LOVE Denon products when they work and I agree with DJ-Freestyle they blow the CDJ's out of the water for half the price! Too bad they do not take criticism very well! I hope they 3900's come to market and also have native Scratch live support! That would be the BEST thing to happen for me in a LONG time!

I received some warnings from their mods too!! And some were simply deleted or modified !!!!
Censored as hell !!! It's a shame and a pity for Denon Dj to act like this! They're losing notoriety and credibility !!!

Hope these new players will be awesome...if not, we could say that Denon Dj is dying...
dj-freestyle 4:20 PM - 20 January, 2012
I never needed there forum do didn't matter to me. I always get my questions answered here. To bad they act that way and I hope we get some new denon products at namm
prizo 4:48 PM - 8 February, 2012
im dying to get a taste of this sc 3900. I don't see much info anywhere but from you guys here and denon forums. Thanks to jj for being such an avid supporter of denon products and how they really hold up. Yo denon drop that new ish! I want me 2 sc3900 and a rane 62 mixer
dj-freestyle 5:23 PM - 8 February, 2012
I was told by actual denon reps here in chicago that the 3900 is ready to be shipped just waiting on serato.
BriChi 5:39 PM - 8 February, 2012
for some reason I find that hard to believe, Why would they hold off shipping a deck based on Serato when not everyone uses for serato, I think they are playing the blame game. They can still sell some of them regardless of whether or not serato is even involved.
J.J. 6:19 PM - 8 February, 2012
Thanks Prizo. I have a DN-SC2000 in front of me (unplugged at work) and I'm amazed at it quality. Denon puts out quality equipment at reasonable prices. Silvio helps me out with any questions and listens to my input. However, there sales department (videos and ads) is not that very good. People see me spinning on the 3700 with rotating platters and ask if that's the new Pioneer.

It's better to have fully tested software before they ship. Same reason they are waiting on Serato for the 62.

I'm all for the delay and I hate waiting. Especially if they can squash some of the bugs. Imagine if they released it without Native Support? Even with instruction, you would get: What MIDI folder? What XML file? Where does it go? What Load button? Why don't the lights turn on? Most DJ's just want to plug and play.

Something I just realized is that some of the buttons on the 3900 can be used for new features in 2.5. Maybe this is another reason for the delay.

Remember when Denons HC1000 was released. It had everything at your fingertips. Then 2.0 brought us effects that were not on the unit. Sure you could go into MIDI 2 and assign them, but the extra steps to go back and forth is a hassle instead of having dedicated FX buttons and knobs on the HC1000.

What if the 3900 has buttons assigned to new features in SSL 2.5 like Strip Search, Beat Jump, Duplicate to Sampler, New Effects, Splice, Loop Rolls, Transifier, more than 5 Cue Points etc.
DJ Unique 7:23 PM - 8 February, 2012
Aaaaahhh!!!
So there is a 3900 coming with SSL support. I'm hoping for spinning platter with native support in SSL.
Sounds awesome.
Thanks JJ
J.J. 8:43 PM - 8 February, 2012
DJ Unique. Nothing is official yet. I've only seen the leaked video. Plus, the leaked video LED's and HID are not on with SSL so it could just be HYBRID.

However, the SC2900 is real.
www.poweronplay.com
DJ Unique 8:55 PM - 8 February, 2012
HaHaHa...
I misread your comment JJ. I was getting so excited about it that I was ready to preorder a couple.
mikecouk 7:36 PM - 10 February, 2012
Denon DJ SC3900 has just been confirmed in case you are interested ;

www.denondjforums.com

Mike
prizo 12:04 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:

www.denondjforums.com

Mike

hell yeh!!! Can't wait to sell my ns6 and cop two of these bad boys!
prizo 12:09 AM - 11 February, 2012
what's the deal with the play / cue buttons? I really hope thats not plastic
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 2:49 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
The DENON forum is VERY censored!

@DJScottC

Denon Dj accepts all praises and criticisms of its products, support and service.
You can always share your thoughts with us directly at any time.
techsupport@d-mpro.com

Please keep in mind , your ban or any other ban on this successful and helpful unofficial forum has no connection with the company. All the best.
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 2:54 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:

www.denondjforums.com

Mike

Thanks Mike!...the unofficial denon dj forums owner.
Rebelguy 4:40 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:

Denon Dj accepts all praises and criticisms of its products, support and service.
You can always share your thoughts with us directly at any time.
techsupport@d-mpro.com

Please keep in mind , your ban or any other ban on this successful and helpful unofficial forum has no connection with the company. All the best.

I am sorry but if you link to the "unofficial" Denon forums from your company's main page you are pretty much supporting the site. If they are not affiliated then you should definitely sever ties with them because they generate a lot of negative feedback about your company. With that being said, the Denon forums are pretty much equal and sometimes more censored then Pioneer's forums. Gary needs to stay off the Denon Kool-aid.
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 5:33 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
I am sorry but if you link to the "unofficial" Denon forums from your company's main page you are pretty much supporting the site.

Our position remains the same as when you previously asked, thanks.
Got any SC3900 questions?
DJ Unique 5:59 AM - 11 February, 2012
So is this natively supported by Serato to work in SSL???
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 6:01 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
So is this natively supported by Serato to work in SSL???

Great question!
Specs to be released soon.
DJ Unique 6:06 AM - 11 February, 2012
Cool Silvio.
If it is then I'll replace my 3700's.
Djkom 8:21 PM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
Our position remains the same as when you previously asked, thanks.
Got any SC3900 questions?

- A strip/needle search feature?
- If "SC" code, that means this unit is a full independent controller (no need of extra box) ?
- A approximate date of the released specs ?
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 9:54 PM - 11 February, 2012
Thanks Djkom, I'll come back to you on these.
DJ Caliente NYC 9:29 PM - 12 February, 2012
@ Silvio. Does the platter on the 3900 feel the same as the 3700 or is it more accurate. Higher resolution. Hybrid or using a thumb drive to control the time code, The platter feels the same when scratching.

Not everyone uses seratop but, when were talking about numbers. Serato holds a high percentage when it comes to Djs around the world using there software. Thats why you see companies making accessories for the hardware. Serato bags, A Dj case with a serato box holder. Serato schools, Limited Eddition Nike/ serato sneakers. Generic Serato records in different colors by other companies, Etc. The list goes on.
Djkom 1:00 AM - 13 February, 2012
It seems that there are 4 modes in this new sc3900. I can see on skratchworx pics:
-CD mode
-USB mode
-LINK mode??? I can't see clearly the text
-MIDI mode

In one of the previous leaked vids the unit was in MIDI with no lights so I think the Hydrid mode is still there...so what is this new LINK mode????
Mr Wilks 2:39 AM - 13 February, 2012
I got a thread deleted about replacing the buttons in my X900 mixer as they all broken with very light use. It remained undetected for a whole six months until someone posted in the thread it got moved to the top then deleted. The official stockist charged £4.99 delivery for a £1.30 button that weighed about 2 gramms at the most! That wasn't Denon's fault but it got chopped.

Also the words "possible bug" got replaced with the words "possible problem" in one of my thread titles... but every post inside the thread started with the thread title saying "possible bug". It was clearly visible on every post after! I lost faith and never returned. Shame as i went to Pioneer then. I haven't opened the flight case with the HD-2500, BU-4500 and X900 in nearly three years.

So... I dare say the new controller will be good. I just hope it's natively supported and it will be a winner,
Djkom 11:34 PM - 20 February, 2012
Here is the New palyer SC3900:
usa.d-mpro.com
Djkom 11:34 PM - 20 February, 2012
the new player...
prizo 3:25 AM - 22 February, 2012
not sure how thrilled I am about this. Honestly, for us ssl users doesn't seem like much improvement besides tighter integration of platter and midi out. Worth the money?
DJ Caliente NYC 4:37 AM - 22 February, 2012
Many will buy this new deck because it has a better motor with tighter feel. I dont see no difference in mixing if you can or cant use it with serato native. Most people will still use the deck with a usb thumb drive and time code or with a timecode cd. The same way many like using 1200's because of the tight platter, many will buy this new deck because of the new motor.
BriChi 4:47 AM - 22 February, 2012
well the hybrid mode has the timecode built in, so that at least saves ya from using a cd or flash drive with it on there
prizo 6:31 AM - 22 February, 2012
question for those who have 3700 ---
if you use timecode cd, can you still connect via usb to harness midi control of buttons while having led feedback?

Or does using midi automatically kill that feature?
DJ_Semi 4:03 PM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:
question for those who have 3700 ---
if you use timecode cd, can you still connect via usb to harness midi control of buttons while having led feedback?

Or does using midi automatically kill that feature?

@ prizo - Yes, you can use Timecode CD (for platter control) and USB (for MIDI functionality) simultaneously on the 3700 when you activate Hybrid Midi mode. See the video link below for a brief overview on how this hangs together...

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj-freestyle 6:08 PM - 22 February, 2012
@prizo, yes you can and silvio said serato was fixing jump to rel mode so you it will be all good. the signal in hybrid mode is amazing. the control tone is perfect
prizo 4:02 AM - 23 February, 2012
Quote:
@prizo, yes you can and silvio said serato was fixing jump to rel mode so you it will be all good. the signal in hybrid mode is amazing. the control tone is perfect

What do you mean? I am not really familiar. So you can use timecode cds and plug in just for midi control? Will this keep the lights working correctly?
BriChi 4:04 AM - 23 February, 2012
you cannot use a cd and midi at the same time, only way to use serato and the spinning platter is the hybrid mode which is the built in audio signal
BriChi 4:05 AM - 23 February, 2012
sorry, meant to say

only way to use serato via midi and the spinning platter is the hybrid mode which is the built in audio signal
prizo 4:07 AM - 23 February, 2012
ok, thanks for clearing that up bri. Just trying to find a way to make it all work but I guess everyone has explored that to death. I don't know how i feel about these. I have used the cdj2000 and honestly it is the only cdjs i would ever be interested in owning if only not so expensive.
BriChi 4:20 AM - 23 February, 2012
yeah, they are a bit pricey, I got such a deal on the 2000's when they were released, I couldn't pass them up. Hold out till the 3900 is released, Maybe there will be great feedback on serato control via hybrid. I believe it is released mid to late March
prizo 9:16 PM - 24 February, 2012
Bri im pretty sure the hybrid is the same as the 3700 right? Its just the tone without the cd
BriChi 11:57 PM - 24 February, 2012
correct Prizo
BriChi 11:58 PM - 24 February, 2012
well, let me rephrase, the concept of hybrid is the same between the 3700 and 3900, whether or not they did any improvements on the tone itself for the 3900, that I do not know
Fuidawg 6:09 PM - 14 March, 2012
Will the 3900 work with Serato Itch?
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 6:11 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:

Hi Fuidawg,
The SC3900 is not an ITCH product.
Fuidawg 6:24 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Fuidawg,
The SC3900 is not an ITCH product.

Yes, not an Itch product, I meant to ask if it will work with the Itch Software ... but I guess not...
prizo 6:36 PM - 14 March, 2012
Why would u want it to work with itch?
Fuidawg 6:38 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Why would u want it to work with itch?

LOoking to upgrade from Numark V7's to something else ... currently using serato itch .. that's why I asked if it will work, if it don't it's fine ...
Denon DJ, Support
Silvio Z 6:44 PM - 14 March, 2012
@Fuidawg, it will work with SSL / SC3900 using Hybrid Mode.
Fuidawg 6:50 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
@Fuidawg, it will work with SSL / SC3900 using Hybrid Mode.

Thanks, I'll look into that for sure, the SC3900 looks good!
Djkom 9:57 AM - 22 March, 2012
looks like the attented SC2900:

www.productpilot.com
DJVICTORKID 3:29 PM - 5 June, 2012
I´LL CHECK IT...TO SEE THE NEW FUNCTIONS..LET'S SEE WHAT IS NEW FEATURES AND ABOVE ALL THAT IS COMPATIBLE AS A SHOW TIME.