Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Crates will not delete on Scratch LIVE

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ BAIT 6:53 AM - 3 October, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.3.1
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.7.0
---

Hello,

I recently upgraded from my 2009 MacBook to a 2011 MacBook Pro. On my old Mac I never updated Serrato, I alway stuck with version 2.0. It just worked for me and I never had any problems with it. At that time I could move/edit/delete crates without a problem from within Serato Scratch Live. Now that I have my new MBP I decided to update to the latest version witch is 2.3.1. All my music is stored into a Western Digital 1TB External Drive and all work well. The only problem I am having now that I updated to 2.3.1 is that when I want to delete a crate it will disappear from the "Crate Playlist", but when I restart the computer it will appear again. The only solution I have found on this is to delete the the actual "Crate" inside the "Serato" folder in my external drive. This is such a hassle. I have read and searched all over the forums and tried everything and nothing seems to work. Note that I have checked all the settings in the system like having the "Protect Library" unchecked, my external drive is MS-DOS (FAT32) format, I tried renaming the file name inside the "Serato" folder from "databaseV2" to "databaseV2OLD" (This really messed up my tracks information "Dated Added" dates. Now they are all in todays date. SMH), I do not use iTunes to read library, last but not least I also 'Verify Disk' and 'Repair Disk'. Man, Is there anything I missed! Haha. Your help would be very appreciated.

-DJ BAIT
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:38 PM - 3 October, 2011
What are the names of the Serato or Scratch Live folders that are located on the external HD? Sounds like there is another Scratch Live/Serato folder interfering.
6:57 AM, 4 Oct 2011
DJ BAIT attached a file: Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 11.49.50 PM.png
View· Permalink
7:11 AM, 4 Oct 2011
DJ BAIT attached a file: Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 12.00.40 AM.png
View· Permalink
7:11 AM, 4 Oct 2011
DJ BAIT attached a file: Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 12.00.50 AM.png
View· Permalink
DJ BAIT 7:13 AM - 4 October, 2011
Hello Rafa,

Thnx for the help. Here I attached some screen shots of my external HD;

1- Picture #1 Is the main first window went I open my External HD.

2- Picture #2 Is the "_Serato_" folder.

3- Picture #3 Is the "_Serato_Backup" folder.

I also forgot to mention (and idk if this makes a difference) but all the crates where originally created with a PC years ago when I first started DJing and stored in the internal HD of it. Then I swapped everything out to an external HD to use with a MacBook in 2009. Thats why you see the "Users" folder because I copied the same "Root Path" from the PC to the external drive so it can be read with a MacBook with no problem. I also edited the "_Serato_" folder with underscores due to Serato updates. So much editing to keep up!!! Haha
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:28 PM - 4 October, 2011
Inside the Users Folder there should be a Music folder. In there you will see another _Serato_ folder -- correct?

Did you rename this DatabaseV2 file aswell?
6:41 AM, 5 Oct 2011
DJ BAIT attached a file: Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 11.38.44 PM.png
View· Permalink
DJ BAIT 6:42 AM - 5 October, 2011
Yes, Inside the User folder on my MBP internal HD "DJBAIT ---> Music ---> _Serato_"

I only renamed the "DatabaseV2" file to "DatabaseV2OLD" on my external. Then I switched it back since that never worked. Haha. Now, will having two different "DatabaseV2" files interfere with each other?

Here I will attach another screen shot with both "_Serato_" and the "Root Path that they are in.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:30 PM - 5 October, 2011
You need to rename ALL DatabaseV2 files that are found.

All of them. That should fix the issue.

Also - when you are renaming these files, make sure to have the Scratch Live program closed.
DJ BAIT 6:27 AM - 6 October, 2011
Ok,

So you want me to rename both "Database V2" to "Database V2 Old" on the latest screen shot picture I took right? Do the spaces in between the words matter?

And yes Serato will be closed as I do this.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:15 PM - 6 October, 2011
Yes please do. And spaces do not matter - the point is to name them something else.

Once you re open Scratch Live -- the program should be scanning all songs at the bottom. This will show its rebuilding this DatabaseV2 file.
5:00 PM, 20 Oct 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
DJ BAIT 6:28 AM - 21 November, 2011
Just wanted to say thank you! Sorry it took me a while to reply. I was out of town for a while. But everything works well after the steps you told me to change. Thank you.

-DJ BAIT