Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

BPM questions

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Logisticalstyles 1:37 AM - 24 September, 2007
I've had SSL for one week now and I am having trouble getting my BPMS to stay put. 1st, is there a quick way to get SSL to automaticly calculate and insert my BPM info from my library? I always build my overviews after importing new music, but that doesn't help. At one point I went through a play list and clicked on every song, and the BPM info showed up, but when I came back later most of them were gone. How can I fix this?
stewcrew 4:04 AM - 24 September, 2007
I too have had this problem, after doing overviewand then shutting down ssl I come back to see some songs have no bpm and some can't be determined but when I click on song to play bpm reappears..how to make it complete?
Dj Card-1 5:49 AM - 24 September, 2007
in my cases it was usually when the song has a long intro or something....to get the bpm i would load the song up and use the bpm tap function with the space bar to get it. After I got it i just type it into the bpm field next to the song and it will put it into the tag.
djbriguy 1:06 PM - 24 September, 2007
Quote:
is there a quick way to get SSL to automaticly calculate and insert my BPM info from my library?

Yes. Make sure you download 1.7.2
When you build overviews, use the auto BPM feature, and adjust the range accordingly.

As for the missing BPM tags, try rescanning your ID3 tag library. Worked for me, and all BPMS are now showing, even after restart.
Logisticalstyles 9:38 PM - 24 September, 2007
Thanks. I will give this a try.
DJCheLu 11:48 PM - 24 September, 2007
I have used 1.7.2 and currently 1.7.3 rc and i cant get ssl to remember my comments field. I use mixed in key and when i rescan id3 tags everything shows up as normal, but when i close and reopen ssl the comments are all gone again until i rescan id3 tags. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Im going to try 1.7.4 rc and see if maybe its fixed in this version.
Logisticalstyles 12:42 PM - 25 September, 2007
Rescanning my ID3 tags worked. Thanks!
djbriguy 1:13 PM - 25 September, 2007
Quote:
Rescanning my ID3 tags worked. Thanks!

Glad to have helped.
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:22 PM - 25 September, 2007
DJChelu,

Try that version. If that doesn't work than please start your own thread and we'll help you there.
Thanks.

*Discussion closed*