Whitelabel Release Feedback

Leave feedback about the free promo music on Whitelabel.net

Steve Spacek - Let The Dollar Circulate [Sound In Color]

12:00 AM, 21 Sep 2007
Download this Release here: whitelabel.net
nik39 12:20 AM - 21 September, 2007
Just dopeness. Dilla dopenesse.

Can we have other versions of this song, like an accap. and an instrumental?
Jay Ru 4:37 AM - 21 September, 2007
this shit is incredible, dilla still coming better than most!
ShaneC 10:13 AM - 21 September, 2007
Acapella please?
TheDanceDJ 2:29 PM - 21 September, 2007
Wow, I can't believe you guys like this. I don't think there is any way I could listen to that backup singer doing his "ayayayayayayayayayayayayaya" more than once. Someone needs to explain to me what the appeal is with this kind of music. I just don't get it. Oh well. :-)
TheDanceDJ 3:10 PM - 21 September, 2007
Hmm. I posted a not too complimentary review and now it is gone. Any idea why it got deleted?
Kool DJ Sheak One 5:09 PM - 21 September, 2007
Quote:
Wow, I can't believe you guys like this. I don't think there is any way I could listen to that backup singer doing his "ayayayayayayayayayayayayaya" more than once. Someone needs to explain to me what the appeal is with this kind of music. I just don't get it. Oh well. :-)

Spacek is dope. Y'all need to peep his other collabos with Jay Dee.
Word TDDJ. Everything is dope, but that fuckin ayayayaya shit has me lookin for another Detroit track to throw on.
Dilla probably passed out on that pad or somethin.
dave 10:13 PM - 21 September, 2007
TheDanceDJ - did you write this bit that Kool Sheak One quoted?
Quote:
Kool DJ Sheak One 12:11 AM - 22 September, 2007
Dave, did'nt you know the Serato Forums have an Evil and Good side today? Two alternating realities
Matt G 12:51 AM - 22 September, 2007
Quote:
Hmm. I posted a not too complimentary review and now it is gone. Any idea why it got deleted?

Sorry, database glitch. Fixed now. Kool DJ Sheak One's guess is right: two alternating realities :)
TheDanceDJ 2:54 AM - 22 September, 2007
Quote:
TheDanceDJ - did you write this bit that Kool Sheak One quoted?
Quote:

Yes, I did write that, then it disappeared, and now has reappeared. :-)
Zeal303 1:04 PM - 23 September, 2007
Quote:

My thoughts exactly, too slow, depressive... Just don't get it.. But I guess, for each his own, just not my style..
djgreg31 10:16 PM - 7 October, 2007
This is the realist soul/R&B release i've heard in a while. I'm with you nik39. Can we have more??? If you are not into this type of sound, you may not get it. This is classic Dilla. The beat and the snare will carry in a laid back lounge. I'm hungry for more. R.I.P. Dilla
rollanotherone 10:18 AM - 17 November, 2007
Dont know if anyone else got one, but my file is glitched. It skips slightly in the first 10 seconds, and then again at 20 seconds. Ill delete and redownload.
nik39 8:22 PM - 20 November, 2007
at 0:05:2 it sounds either really badly looped or this is a glitch.

I dont hear any other glitches.
fineart 10:34 PM - 26 November, 2007
this is a modern soul classic..... about 2-3 years old tho no??? new spacek stuff is haawwwt
rollasoul 10:01 AM - 28 November, 2007
indeed a modern soul classic, steve's still doin great. some remixes of it out already, but no need to say: the original is still the best. spacek simply reinvented soul.
dave 10:48 PM - 11 December, 2007
Quote:
at 0:05:2 it sounds either really badly looped or this is a glitch.

That's deliberate.

Its also in the instrumental, which we should be adding that to this release soon.

rollanotherone - I can't hear a glitch at 20 seconds. Did you redownload this?
Mr ML 12:42 PM - 12 December, 2007
J Dilla and Spacek ... ILL!

I bought the 12" about a half year ago, the instrumental and accap included!
SUBSTANCE 9:13 PM - 16 July, 2008
Quote:

Dilla probably passed out on that pad or somethin.

It's in the original song - the guy sings it like that (holds the note)
Billy Paul - Let The Dollar Circulate
soul-doubt12 4:26 PM - 23 July, 2008
I heard this on the Southport Weekender Vol 5 mixed by Kenny Dope, as it is a Dope Track redone by Kenny
DJ GaFFle 6:36 AM - 5 September, 2008
The track "Circulate" has been nicely redone by Don Cannon for Jeezy's "Circulate". Still dope IMO.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:05 AM - 11 October, 2008
I was playing Gaffle's mix in my car and my boy heard the Jeezy track Gaffle mentioned above and gave me a little Dilla history on it.

Of course he blew it up like he had one of the few rare vinyl copies in existence - It will screw him up when I drop it when we play out together - LOL.

Surprised to see it here whitelabel.

Good post!

(Can we get Circulate by Jeezy???)
DJ GaFFle 12:50 PM - 18 October, 2008
Quote:
I was playing Gaffle's mix in my car and my boy heard the Jeezy track Gaffle mentioned above and gave me a little Dilla history on it.

Of course he blew it up like he had one of the few rare vinyl copies in existence ...

LoL, I know a few people like that.
DJ Tank 1:14 AM - 27 October, 2008
check this out, i know whole slew of people who bought dilla records. i'am not mad at jezzy for making it, i'am mad at the city who does not suppose it. they will play jezzy's version before dilla's. man support your own.
Dswift 6:43 PM - 24 December, 2008
Didn't 9th wonder have a similiar beat that was originally from Billy Paul? Jay D. Definately one of the best.
Lovebug653 12:35 AM - 21 March, 2014
LMAO!, I thought he was singing lyrics "Gotta suck your lady" lol my lady was just bout to get it too. then I read the track title.
Lovebug653 12:36 AM - 21 March, 2014
I now really like this track though it is not saying much.