Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

static noise, vci 300 becomes unresponsive sometimes

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dhoy 11:06 PM - 19 September, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: vestax-vci-300
Computer: mac
OS Version: dont-know
---

Hi serato, I'm having big problems with my vci300 and was wondering if you could help me out. My vci300 is 3 months old and I bought it B-stock from unique squared. Im running on a bran new macbook pro. I used to run it on an hp and would have multiple drop outs, but as soon as i switched over to a mac those problems disappeared. The issues that I have now involve my vci300 and not my laptop. Static will sometimes come through my speaker system. I plug in my RCA cables from my sony mini hi-fi component system MHC-GX450 into the red and white outlets and i receive this static noise, usually immediately as i begin a mix. the static seems to become enhanced as I move the knobs on the vci300. movement seems to enhance the static noise. also if i move around the rca cables when they are plugged in i receive more static. Is there a possibly that the master out 2 outlets could be loose? and if so how do i tighten them?

The second problem I have is that my vci300 becomes unresponsive at times. about 10min into a mix, my vci300 will become unresponsive, but continues to play the song that I've previously loaded. i can no longer use my vci300, so i must unplug the vci300 and restart itch.

A third issue I have is that the sync buttons no longer flash when syncing songs together. when i first received my vci they began blinking when synced. i then updated to 1.7 from 1.0. is it the program that changes the sync light? i dropped down from 2.0 because I found it too confusing in terms of syncing. please help!
Serato
Phibs 2:50 AM - 23 September, 2011
Hey Dhoy,

For the first 2 problems I'd like to ask you to read this guide about the VCI-300. I think it might explain quite a bit - make sure to try everything that is described there.

As for your third issue I can't really help you. This is just the behavior of the newer versions of ITCH and I actually think it makes sense this way - many users are rather confused by blinking lights rather than static lights. I guess that's a question of taste.

Please let me know how you get on with troubleshooting your issues.

Cheers

Phibs
3:00 AM, 7 Oct 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.