DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Does RANE owe me a TTM57 Mixer?? or a check of lost wages??

Dj_KaGeN 6:52 AM - 17 September, 2011
I have had and loved my TTM57 for going on 6 years. I use it for video, and I'm all over those EQ knobs.. I must admit, I use them to mix more so than the faders or x-faders. And over time.. they have gotten a little bit loose or wobbly. Well mid-set the cue fader broke loose from the circuit boards ending my night at a gig.. NOT A GOOD LOOK. I didn't have a backup plan.

I sent in for repair... - got it back quickly-- I was so stoked they replaced the fader caps, a mic pot, and out of the blue they replaced all the push buttons.. i have an early edition, so now i had a 2nd generation TTM57 buttons for 180 bucks..

3 gigs later... not 12 hours more use...

the bass knob on channel 1 quit. flat out, quit... no more bass.. again.. This is a shit situation half way through your set. I was basically fuct again!! I play house.. that lack of control is going to make for a really rough and end up being yet another early ending night!!!

Time to call for yet another RA#... I speak to a tech - say that I lost a bass knob, I get the bad potentiometer story. I get a sick stomach thinking i caused this..?? I know full well I take good care of my gear!!! Ok, maybe your case caused a push on the gear?? Hmmmm.. I use only Odyssey coffin and cases.. I'm told to check where the foam presses... Clearly. according to the tech on the phone, the FOAM is now a mixer killer !!!! I say, now that you have me freaked out, please replace all the EQ knobs.. he said that they test all mixers to factory spec before they leave, and replacing a part on the circuit board prematurely creates a situation where it cannot be fixed again. OK?? does that make sense??? I guess......? Off the phone & end of story I sent it back to repair for another 18 bucks.

back to the backup plan for a few gigs .. the TTM56 + SL1

I get the 57 back in time to go to a wedding that I need to rock video..{no charge} Hell ya - perfect timing - serious accolades to Rane!! OH WAIT... halfway through the gig.. I'm catching a sketchy bass flutter mid mix on the other channel ?!?!?! NO NO NO- NOW THE OTHER BASS KNOB !! ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME !!! ????????? not 2 mixes later.. I'm having to hold the knob to get the bass to stay on!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK !!!

the TTM 56 cant do video.. I'm in the middle of a wedding !!!

PANIC MODE HAS SET IN.... I'm normally pretty god damn calm.. but this is totally outta my fuckin control. 2nd time to repair, and I suggested to replace them all, and that idea as shot down. This mixer is not going to even make it through it's 1st gig back in the FIELD !! I was forced me to tell the bride, after a long silence, that I couldn't do video anymore.. and lets continue to party... That just cost me more money !!!!!

RANE TECH SUPPORT. you fuct me a couple times now!!! what say you ??
Dj-Pyro 9:42 AM - 17 September, 2011
Buy a Mac?
DJ Eighty 8 12:36 PM - 17 September, 2011
Every year I get a itch to sell what I have and buy a TTM57SL and I hear a good horror story like this and I quickly change my mind. In theory this is the "ultimate" mixer, but in reality it doesn't hold up in real world situations. Sounds like just moving the fragile mixer around does questionable damage. As usual I'm just gonna roll with my Traktor Kontrol X1, Rane Empath Touring Mixer and my SL3........these 3 item are built to last forever and haven't failed me 1 time in all the years that I've had them!
Rebelguy 2:26 PM - 17 September, 2011
Sounds like a shitty situation but I am a little confused. The TTM-57 was released in 2006 so how could you have been using yours for 6 years?

Now if you are using the eqs to the point that they were wobbly and eventually broke free from the circuit board then I would consider that more then average wear and tear. Given that you were way outside of the warranty period you got a hell of a deal getting that repaired along with all the other stuff for $180.

Yes having the foam press to hard down on your mixer can cause the pots to malfunction. It can also screw up your faders as well. I have had this happen to me in the past on a mackie mixing board.

How did the mixer cost you money at the wedding when you gave the couple the video mixing option at no charge?

Lastly, you could have used the 56 for video. You would have just had to use keyboard shortcuts to crossfade between videos.

I would sell the mixer as soon as you get it back and look into something else. Possibly an Allen & Heath or Rodec. They are both built like tanks.
DJ Jonasty 3:02 PM - 17 September, 2011
I'm in Mukilteo if you want me to stop by and pick one up for you.
SteadFast 5:07 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
Buy a Mac?

+1 Correct answer
sixxx 5:16 PM - 17 September, 2011
Buying a first generation anything is usually a bad idea.

However, I don't think these problems should happen.
I don't know if you can call this a lemon cause it's been 6
years of constant use. It's fucked up you made a suggestion
and they knocked it down and it failed when it could have
been prevented.

I don't know what to tell ya. I haven't had issues with my
mixer but I know it's not a first generation.
SteadFast 5:18 PM - 17 September, 2011
all my rane mixers have never failed me! I'll sell you one if you want.
Dj_KaGeN 5:24 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
It's fucked up you made a suggestion
and they knocked it down and it failed when it could have
been prevented.

EXACTLY.
djvtyme85 5:30 PM - 17 September, 2011
Mine work fine probably too rough on it
Dj_KaGeN 5:47 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
Mine work fine probably too rough on it

I have 2 broken rane 57's sitting at my house. one from a bar.. it couldn't stand up to the constant use. I really do take care of my equipment. But I also USE THE EQ's, I twist those knobs all night long for many years now. For those of you who are going to say MINE WORKS FINE.. good.. I'm glad.. but this isn't about your good luck [so far]..

this thread is regarding a NEGLECT TO SWAP OUT THE BAD POTS on a mixer that went for repair 2 times in a 2 months!! And I asked for a full tune up the first time, and EXPLICITLY SAID SWAP OUT ALL THE EQ's on the 2nd go round - they are beginning to wiggle due to all the years of use. The other bass EQ on this mixer failed within 3 hours of use the DAY it got back to my house !!!!!!

Was that too much to ask?? I
eder 6:46 PM - 17 September, 2011
Sounds like your mixer's turning into a $1500 box of janky.
Dj Shamann 6:54 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
How did the mixer cost you money at the wedding when you gave the couple the video mixing option at no charge?

Quote:
I get the 57 back in time to go to a wedding that I need to rock video..{no charge} Hell ya - perfect timing - serious accolades to Rane!!

He got the mixer from the shop in time to do the wedding, no charge from Rane
DJ Tecniq 7:46 PM - 17 September, 2011
Damn..this gives me all reason to not go out and buy a 57. That really sucks bro 3 times sent in for repair and bass starts cutting out on your mixer and knobs are all jacked up?? Sounds like someone at Rane should be fired. Either that or you bought it used from someone.
Dj_KaGeN 8:16 PM - 17 September, 2011
I bought it new.
djnak 9:04 PM - 17 September, 2011
wow shitty luck Ive never had an issue with mine...and the one at my Saturday residency get the shit kicked out of twice a week by the other dj's and its held up for the most part a few little things have gotten messed up but nothing the local guy cant fix and get back to us in hours
O.B.1 9:18 PM - 17 September, 2011
sorry to hear about your bad luck...
-I use the Pelican Case for my '57 and I hope the foam doesn't press to tight when closing on the knobs!
So far so good... *(knocks on wood)
dj_soo 9:21 PM - 17 September, 2011
yea, sounds like you might have gotten a lemon - every issue with my 57 has always been my own damn fault...
Rebelguy 9:38 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
yea, sounds like you might have gotten a lemon - every issue with my 57 has always been my own damn fault...

Its hard to call it a lemon when he got 5 years out of it. Also, the first gen 57s are way bettet then the 2nd. The latest is pretty good as well.
DJBIGWIZ 10:56 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
Damn..this gives me all reason to not go out and buy a 57. That really sucks bro 3 times sent in for repair and bass starts cutting out on your mixer and knobs are all jacked up?? Sounds like someone at Rane should be fired. Either that or you bought it used from someone.

if you can look at every 57 owner who has never had a problem and swears by this mixer and be completely influenced by one bad report or even a small hand full, I'd have to say that's not the most logical line of thinking. If you want to base purchases on an extremely low percentage of bad cases... you would never buy anything. I've had Technics 1200 turntables just stop working in the middle of shows... does that mean buying and or using a Technics 1200 turntable is not a safe bet? To expect any product of any kind to never have one unit have a problem is just not realistic and to base your final decision on an obviously outweighed (low) percentage is not statistically sound or informed thinking.

Also... from reading the story, it seems like what was broken was fixed and other things broke after he had the mixer back and used it successfully for a few hours.... which would indicate that those things were working. Rane fixed what was broken and replaced a few other things that were not.
Something works until it doesn't. If I send my mixer in and they test it and a certain item works, then there is no need for them to fix it. If I get it back and it breaks later... then thats a seperate issue. You can't send your car in to have a window replaced then get your car back and on the way home your tire blows out and be mad at them for not fixing your tire when it was fine while it was there. He had an old mixer that they fixed the current problems on then some. AND.... what about all this.....
Quote:

>Now if you are using the eqs to the point that they were wobbly and eventually broke free from the circuit board then I would consider that more then average wear and tear. Given that you were way outside of the warranty period you got a hell of a deal getting that repaired along with all the other stuff for $180.

>How did the mixer cost you money at the wedding when you gave the couple the video mixing option at no charge?

>Lastly, you could have used the 56 for video. You would have just had to use keyboard shortcuts to crossfade between videos.

A lot of those complaints aren't really valid. You can't lose money on something you are not charging for. If you stop doing video because either you don't want to use the keyboard/mouse to control it or you just don't know the product well enough to know that can be done is not Ranes fault.

It definitely sucks that he had other problems arise so soon after having something else fixed but if something is 6-7 yrs old and used all the time there is going to be wear and tear. Plus he says he has 2 more Rane mixers at his house that are broken. Any body here that has used Rane or is even slightly familiar with Ranes quality and reputation over the years (longer than a good majority of people on this forum have been either alive or DJing) knows that having 1 let alone 3 Rane mixers and having these kind of problems is almost unheard of. Again... it's like owing several 1200's and saying they're all broken and 1200's are no good when the majority of people in the world using them have never had these kind of issues and swear by them.... it CAN happen but it's definitely a rare anomaly. I would call one of the guys in tech support at Rane and talk to them about it and see what, if anything can be done. They are usually down to help people out as much as possible.... even the people that come on here talkin' mad s#it to and about them. (not saying that you are... I'm just sayin')

Anyway... KaGen, I hope you get it all worked out. The issues you're are having suck regardless of weather it's your fault, Ranes fault or just bad luck coincidence. (good luck)

And Techiq, you shouldn't let a few bad stories overshadow the amount of positive ones and influence you into a decision that's not based on better reasoning. If the mixer's not for you then it's not for you but if 100 people love it and 1 person hates it and your decision is based on the 1, you're cheating yourself.
dj_soo 11:23 PM - 17 September, 2011
yea seriously, I've been using my 57 for about 4 years (heavy use including taking it touring) and I'm fully satisfied. Just hoping that Rane will release an update with improved sound quality soon...
philldafunk 12:22 AM - 18 September, 2011
Rane mixers aren't for me... Pioneer all day!
O.B.1 12:25 AM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Rane mixers are for me... Pioneer's are all gay!

(nh)(nm)
sixxx 1:18 AM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

(nh)(nm)

lol
DJBIGWIZ 1:19 AM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

(nh)(nm)

ahhh... I was wondering why whenever I hear someone using one all the songs sound like there's a lisp every time a word with an "s" comes up. I thought it was just something with their processing.
djvtyme85 3:11 AM - 18 September, 2011
If your letting a bad story about a Rane mixer affect your buying decision. Dont buy Pioneer, Alcer, Staton, Allen & Health, Denon or anything else because pound for pound for every one Rane complaint (rare) you will find a whoooole lot more from these brands. Brought and used them all at one point or another and ended up using Rane. Even a lot of what I hear about the 68 is more user preference than it is a actual defect. Just saying it sounds weird but yes with any product and this coming from a guy who sales mobile phones for a living it can happen.
Dj_KaGeN 7:12 AM - 18 September, 2011
bottomline... you ASK & Send your mixer for a tune up... you get it back..

AND IT'S NOT READY TO BE BACK IN ACTION!!!

what part of my complaint are you fools grasping ?? they "tested" it 2 times and determined it was fine.. I told them the shits were loose!! did they disagree? yep, or didn't care. Clearly these knobs are like tires, they are good for X amount of miles, and then they need to be replaced. I want ALL 6 replaced. they swapped the "broken" one. 3 hours later, it's FUCKIN BROKE AGAIN. Boys.... shipping isn't free !!!

so you pay 1500 for a mixer, have invested $180 + 20 shipping + anutha 20 in shipping.. and I still have to look at another 20.

this tally is adding up.
djvtyme85 12:51 PM - 18 September, 2011
You should make friends with a fedex employee, lol. I get such a sweet discount. Sucks dude I feel your pain thzt regard. Im personally not disagreeing that end of it. However, I am disgreeing with the fact Rane isnt reliable. Im sure if you have a heart to heart with a Tech (be nice) they will have your back bro. I cant begin to say the same about other manufacturer s theh womt even pick up the phone have the time.
DJ metaphor 12:53 PM - 18 September, 2011
SPEAKING of FEDEX. its very very very very very likely that your mixer is being damaged in transport... just sayin.
DJ metaphor 12:54 PM - 18 September, 2011
P.S. Call Zach or Chad at rane and the'll help you out! (nm)
ral 3:29 PM - 18 September, 2011
i have the 1st generation 57 - no problems so far - well, the buttons (we know it), but sprayed deoxit and its like new again.

sorry for the bad luck, rane will hook you up for sure
L2daGee 6:29 PM - 18 September, 2011
Not sure if you know, but an SL1 does do video. I use a Rane 56 and SL1 everyday to spin videos. You would've been good to go at the weeding.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:55 PM - 18 September, 2011
You MIGHT be able to work something out, as if you can prove that the Rane employee discouraged you from getting the entire EQ section redone.

If you can prove that you asked them to check it over, and they MISDIAGNOSED your knobs, then then only thing you'd probably be ENTITLED to is shipping, as the parts are worn by your own admission, thus should have been replaced.

I've got a lazy ear on that segment about not preemptionally (is that a word?), replacing parts, because it can cause "other" issues....sounds like BS to me.

They should at LEAST look you out for shipping, and if you were a really good boy, maybe they'll only charge you for parts, and not labor, since the mixer was opened at one point by them, and they could have done the work then.

Then again, the TIME to replace ALL vs. ONE should be taken into account also.....

So.....

GET A DELL DUDE....
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:21 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:

GET A DELL DUDE....

don't you mean get a pioneer
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:23 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
GET A DELL DUDE....

don't you mean get a pioneer

What would getting a new mixer have to do with resolving his issue?
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:28 PM - 18 September, 2011
obviously you didnt get the joke, everyone that has problems is recommended to get a mac,
he's having problems with his rane mixer so the play on that would be to get a pioneer
Dj_KaGeN 8:31 PM - 18 September, 2011
Ya. Let's replace bald tires on a car by buying a new car??? Some of these suggestions are classic.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:34 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
obviously you didnt get the joke, everyone that has problems is recommended to get a mac,
he's having problems with his rane mixer so the play on that would be to get a pioneer

Ummm...

Obviously YOU don't get the joke that

#1. I was making light of the "everyone that has problems is recommended to get a mac" statements that always come thru, and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue at hand...

but I was taking it a notch farther by FORCING it to STILL be reflected by STILL suggesting a Laptop issue.

#2. That you didn't even see that when I said "What would getting a new mixer have to do with resolving his issue?" that you STILL DIDN'T get it...

Man, c'mon.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Ya. Let's replace bald tires on a car by buying a new car??? Some of these suggestions are classic.

Oh, and you FAIL also for not getting it....

Yeah, y'all need MACS...leave the Dells to us smart dudes.... :-/.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:38 PM - 18 September, 2011
this is getting too deep for me, let me turn the bass down :)
eder 8:56 PM - 18 September, 2011
SUE THEIR ESTATES!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:01 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
this is getting too deep for me, let me turn the bass down :)

Yes! That would help! :-)
Dj Shamann 10:09 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
making light of the "everyone that has problems is recommended to get a mac" statements that always come thru, and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue at hand...

but I was taking it a notch farther by FORCING it to STILL be reflected by STILL suggesting a Laptop issue.

I laughed
Dj-Pyro 11:12 PM - 18 September, 2011
Shouldn't have sold the Allen & Heath to Cole foo :)
djcrap 11:17 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, and you FAIL also for not getting it....

Yeah, y'all need MACS...leave the Dells to us smart dudes.... :-/.

ohhhhhhh ohhhhhhh let me grab my can of pop corn! right now

Johnny seems like is challenging Kagen on a mac vs pc debate when it comes to what works with scratchlive with out any headaches.

this gonna be interesting..........tracking
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:56 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:

****untracking***
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:56 PM - 18 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
making light of the "everyone that has problems is recommended to get a mac" statements that always come thru, and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue at hand...

I laughed

U smell me?

I'm sayin...
DJBIGWIZ 1:05 AM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

****untracking***

hahahaha
Mr. Goodkat 2:38 AM - 19 September, 2011
5-6 years of heavy use seems like about the right time to get a new mixer or expect that its going to die. I trade or sell highly used equipment after 2-4 years(speakers, mixers, computers,etc), just to get headstart on the next technology or just the knowledge that things will break sooner or later.
stevenowa 3:55 AM - 19 September, 2011
I agree with the man that started this thread, my TTM 57 SL is in MINT condition, NOT 1 SCRATCH, and it is a joke to me, I wish I could get my money back, the B1 and B2 buttons started tripping after 2 months of gentle in studio use....

From my professional experience (not clown poser blogger experience)::::::
These buttons are less reliable than pads on a Mpc (any version.......try me) but the price tag is higher ... so what are they charging us for????????? Clowny software that can't keep up with the times?????????

I think I might donate my serato setup to an elementary school...... Ableton is the future, we don't need this overpriced itunes wanna be machine anymore.

www.stevenowa.com
djvtyme85 4:29 AM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
SPEAKING of FEDEX. its very very very very very likely that your mixer is being damaged in transport... just sayin.

And u are right...lol that is all I will say lol
djvtyme85 4:33 AM - 19 September, 2011
Wow he is mad lol some ppl just need 2 buy other stuff
AKIEM 4:53 AM - 19 September, 2011
TTM57 buttons work. They need to be tapped hard and often (no sex).
Or use deoxit and they are fine.
(nm)
djvtyme85 4:54 AM - 19 September, 2011
/\lol
sixxx 5:15 AM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
I agree with the man that started this thread, my TTM 57 SL is in MINT condition, NOT 1 SCRATCH, and it is a joke to me, I wish I could get my money back, the B1 and B2 buttons started tripping after 2 months of gentle in studio use....

These buttons are less reliable than pads on a Mpc (any version.......try me) but the price tag is higher ... so what are they charging us for????????? Clowny software that can't keep up with the times?????????

I think I might donate my serato setup to an elementary school...... Ableton is the future, we don't need this overpriced itunes wanna be machine anymore.

www.stevenowa.com

Yup. To this day I still don't understand why Rane doesn't just put deoxit when they leave the factory. Because, mine started "messing up" after about a month. But, I used the deoxit ONCE AND THEY HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS SINCE.
eder 7:03 AM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.stevenowa.com

Yup. To this day I still don't understand why Rane doesn't just put deoxit when they leave the factory. Because, mine started "messing up" after about a month. But, I used the deoxit ONCE AND THEY HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS SINCE.

+1
eder 7:03 AM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.stevenowa.com

+1
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:08 AM - 19 September, 2011
DEOXIT

and mix with the faders
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:28 PM - 19 September, 2011
I personally think there's a problem if you have to suggest putting Deoxit in the mixer in the first place by default.

Address the problem, not the symptoms.

Redesign the buttons.
Rebelguy 2:43 PM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
I personally think there's a problem if you have to suggest putting Deoxit in the mixer in the first place by default.

Address the problem, not the symptoms.

Redesign the buttons.

They have already had three different designs.
sixxx 3:29 PM - 19 September, 2011
I don't think it's a design flaw. It's kinda like a wheel bearing... it needs grease for it to operate properly.
They need to put deoxit before it leaves the factory.
Mr. Goodkat 5:12 PM - 19 September, 2011
still think the first gen buttons were the best, i never had any problems with them
dj_soo 5:36 PM - 19 September, 2011
That's cause the first gen buttons don't have the misfire issue.
Dj_KaGeN 5:39 PM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
That's cause the first gen buttons don't have the misfire issue.

the mixer i have is a first Gen. and yes, the button for the right flex efx was sketchy at best. Didn't use it much, wasn't a bother, and didn't even mention it when i sent it in. Yet, when I sent it in.. they replaced ALL OF THOSE BUTTONS!
Dj_KaGeN 5:44 PM - 19 September, 2011
if you'd be so kind to call me.. let me know the course of action.

xxxxxxxxxxx
thx
Dj_KaGeN 5:45 PM - 19 September, 2011
ah shit.. wrong spot..
Dj-Pyro 5:48 PM - 19 September, 2011
calling you now to give you a course of action
Dj_KaGeN 5:59 PM - 19 September, 2011
all you can call... I will tell you where to go.
That was supposed to go to Chad S. The cut/paste did.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:14 PM - 19 September, 2011
lol, i took your phone number out of the above post. Thanks for replying to my PM. Doing some research now. You will hear from me today :)
Dj_KaGeN 6:19 PM - 19 September, 2011
haha, thanks Chad..
sixxx 7:02 PM - 19 September, 2011
What a dumbo. lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:08 PM - 19 September, 2011
He meant well...
Rane, Support
Chad S. 7:11 PM - 19 September, 2011
Sorted, plan of attack devised, plans in motion ;)
O.B.1 7:12 PM - 19 September, 2011
Rane to the rescue!
DJBIGWIZ 8:14 PM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
What a dumbo. lol

hahahahahaha.... "dumbo' that's fu*kin' great.
Rebelguy 8:41 PM - 19 September, 2011
Quote:
still think the first gen buttons were the best, i never had any problems with them

+1
DJYoshi 1:23 PM - 20 September, 2011
been on my 56 & 57 since '08 with HEAVY use in the studio stadiums..and even flights when I wasn't sure what type of setup they had at the venues i've never played at before.. SOLID... I'm sending my 56 back tomorrow for repair on the EQ when you arm it..but that's it...Coming from Technics and Vestax mixers.... not having to buy faders ever 3 months and not having to worry about baby'ing the mixer is a plus 1k.
DJGeorgeT 9:09 PM - 20 September, 2011
I see how rough some djs are with EQs and I get a chill sometimes. I know the EQs were not designed for that kind of action and could not possibly last forever. I am very gentle with my EQs, even when I am doing tricks with them. I don't lean against them. Now, a bad repair job just happens once in a long time. Trust me, for a first class company like Rane, this is very rare.
Joshua Carl 10:26 PM - 20 September, 2011
my history

numark
Bozak
vestax 06
rane 52 mojo
rane 54i
Rane Empath
Rane TTm57 SL

nothing but excellence....especially when they ditched the phone cord style power adapter.
DJMark 7:57 AM - 23 September, 2011
As someone who installs these mixers in bars/clubs and then has to deal with them when things go wrong, I sometimes find myself wishing they were built more like an old-fashioned "broadcast standard" mixing console. Hot-swappable modules, redundant power-supplies, super-durable pots/switches/etc., spill-resistant vertically-mounted circuit boards (actually the MP24 had that)...

Of course, the question is would people be willing to pay what it cost to manufacture such a product (I'm guessing at a minimum, double the present cost of a TTM57).