DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

roger sanchez - 4 deck mixing (nh nm)

ral 2:35 PM - 11 September, 2011
Audio1 10:20 PM - 11 September, 2011
Pretty amazing what can be done on 4 decks.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:10 PM - 11 September, 2011
S-man is a beast on those.
the_black_one 11:37 PM - 11 September, 2011
on point!
ral 1:28 AM - 12 September, 2011
yep - i think its dope the way f*cked up pio gears - noticed the bent fader? lol

anyway, i wanna hear house heads input - or direct us to other house skills doin' it live, not just posing and auto synching.
haze324 3:34 AM - 12 September, 2011
this is one of the dopest sets I've seen.
IAmAliLol 7:50 AM - 12 September, 2011
dude... i saw this today and thought the same ish. totally dope. that channel has a lot of live sets where u can watch great dj's do thier thing and +1 on the bent fader
BattleFunk 9:26 AM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
direct us to other house skills doin' it live, not just posing and auto synching.

house isnt about show-boating, you should watch some hip hop djs if you want parlour tricks
echa1945mf 12:33 PM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
direct us to other house skills doin' it live, not just posing and auto synching.

house isnt about show-boating, you should watch some hip hop djs if you want parlour tricks

+1

some people just dont know that not everything gotta be turntablism,not everyone enjoys Scratching and juggling
djbanno 1:00 PM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

some people just dont know that not everything gotta be turntablism,not everyone enjoys Scratching and juggling

+2
Slow and precise 3-4 minute blend with EQ does it for me every time...(nm)
skratchworx 1:44 PM - 12 September, 2011
I loved it. And especially loved the overhead view so we work out what was going on.
ral 3:55 PM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

i said this video is dope.

any other dope videos being done with house music? yep - that channel is nice.
IAmAliLol 4:12 PM - 12 September, 2011
Yeah the pioneer djsounds channel is the ish. ive been studyin them for a long time now
haze324 4:27 PM - 12 September, 2011
dancetrippin.tv has some good vids of live sets. Some I agree a bit boring, some are very technical and you can pick up some good tricks that guys do. Roger Sanchez has some good ones, so does Joris Voorn and Carl Cox. This vid is one of the better ones I've seen with the over head view. Gonna check out the rest. I think Roger's style though really stands out because he uses some "hip-hoppish" style transtions, back spins, drops, etc.
Dj Rehab 6:57 PM - 12 September, 2011
This is cool. 4 decks without sync is pretty darn amazing. But mixing house on 2 decks is pretty boring to watch. The skill of cutting and juggling is amazing to me, even more so than this.
sacrilicious 7:07 PM - 12 September, 2011
Thanks for the link!
Mr. Goodkat 8:25 PM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
This is cool. 4 decks without sync is pretty darn amazing. But mixing house on 2 decks is pretty boring to watch. The skill of cutting and juggling is amazing to me, even more so than this.

you gotta watch the right people do it. ive seen locals in my area, blow my mind with 2 channels. im sure there is someone you will stumble across that will blow it up for ya sooner or later.
JayB1200 10:17 PM - 12 September, 2011
Crazyness......!