DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

dj websites

lvmez 1:30 AM - 11 September, 2011
I'm looking to start a dj website. mostly geared towards corporate parties. wanted to know if you guys can send links of different dj websites to get some ideas.

Thank you in advance.
jbnyc 5:34 AM - 11 September, 2011
my boy in Cali did mine,its exactly what i wanted.. www.videodjjb.com contact me for a quote if you are interested, the cool thing is that he tought me how to edit it,i can upload mixes,pics,rename menu tabs or create,pretty much i do all the updates,peace bro...
djvtyme85 6:37 AM - 11 September, 2011
Quote:
my boy in Cali did mine,its exactly what i wanted.. www.videodjjb.com contact me for a quote if you are interested, the cool thing is that he tought me how to edit it,i can upload mixes,pics,rename menu tabs or create,pretty much i do all the updates,peace bro...

i like that site. i wonder how much for something like that
GilesDavis 11:10 AM - 11 September, 2011
Just curious, jb. I've never used a TTM, but they're two channel, yet you are running 2x TT & 2x 1000's?
djvtyme85 1:20 PM - 11 September, 2011
Quote:
Just curious, jb. I've never used a TTM, but they're two channel, yet you are running 2x TT & 2x 1000's?

He could just turn the knob
GilesDavis 1:37 PM - 11 September, 2011
turn the knob?
lvmez 2:01 PM - 11 September, 2011
thanks jb. very nice looking site. i have a family member woking on it for me.
jbnyc 2:43 PM - 11 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i like that site. i wonder how much for something like that

Thanks! He makes that for 500 bucks,everything customized to your specifications :D
jbnyc 2:46 PM - 11 September, 2011
Quote:

Like someone said,you can connect the 4 of them and use a knob that designates what input to obey..
djvtyme85 5:47 PM - 11 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Like someone said,you can connect the 4 of them and use a knob that designates what input to obey..

Yep thats how i do it
GilesDavis 12:14 AM - 12 September, 2011
Coool, didn't know TTM's had that feature! thats cool as shit :)
Naf 1:53 AM - 12 September, 2011
I started my own site just because i got sick of linking to a ton of places (facebook, twitter etc...) and I wanted a place to blog about scratching and stuff. Check it out if you want, the whole thing cost me about 50 bucks a year and I made the whole thing myself. Wordpress makes website building pretty straight forward even if you have no idea what you're doing (me).

www.thatsthebreak.com
jbnyc 2:11 AM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
I started my own site just because i got sick of linking to a ton of places (facebook, twitter etc...) and I wanted a place to blog about scratching and stuff. Check it out if you want, the whole thing cost me about 50 bucks a year and I made the whole thing myself. Wordpress makes website building pretty straight forward even if you have no idea what you're doing (me).

www.thatsthebreak.com

cool site and i like the blog!! and you are sick with the turntables bro!! props!!!
lvmez 2:31 AM - 12 September, 2011
very nice Naf. Trendy and simple.
Naf 4:51 AM - 12 September, 2011
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I don't make consistent money DJing so I wasn't about to go hire a web designer. I had some ideas and just kind of figured out the rest. Good luck to you lvmez!
DJ Chester 5:17 AM - 12 September, 2011
My good friend made this for me using wordpress. Hope this helps

www.djchester.me
lvmez 12:47 PM - 12 September, 2011
nice site chester. very clean.
Kepik 4:46 PM - 12 September, 2011
I just recently over-hauled my website with a new look, www.djkepik.com

Made this all through WordPress. Aside from being able to easily make a webspage, another great thing about WordPress are the many plug-ins that easily add new tools to your site. Such as instantly creating a form field with captcha (for guestlist entries or inquiries) or create a viewable gallery of pics.
Naf 2:43 AM - 13 September, 2011
What he said^^

If you want something entirely custom you might have to get creative with some coding. But if you want cool stuff that you see on most sites (FB comments, twitter feed etc..) you just download the plug in. Makes things real easy
Chris Deluxe 9:23 AM - 13 September, 2011
@DJ Chester
I really like the logo/banner at the top of your website.

I see a lot of people use wordpress, never heard of it but i will check it out for sure!
For my own website i use 'Joomla'. A friend of mine set the basics up, the rest is just a matter of clicks & typing, no coding involved. I used a template from one of those template sites i found. Joomla is open-source, so parts like the agenda and photo's are plugins created by users and (most) are available for free. I still have to finish it, but here's what i came up with till now:

www.chrisdeluxe.nl
jbnyc 2:39 PM - 13 September, 2011
Yeah,mine is joomla too! :D i just want to change a player :s
jbnyc 2:42 PM - 13 September, 2011
YOUR STUDIO IS SICKKK CHRIS!!!! WOW!!!!
Chris Deluxe 5:38 AM - 14 September, 2011
Thanks!
Dysquo 11:42 AM - 14 September, 2011
Check out www.Onesheet.com
Pretty simple way to make a decent site
lvmez 2:26 PM - 14 September, 2011
good site Dysquo
lvmez 1:07 PM - 19 September, 2011
my brother put this site together for me. still waiting for new logo for site. this site is for mobile use only.

www.videodjnyc.com
lvmez 2:55 AM - 21 September, 2011
good site to check out where website stands among others.

websitegrader.com
jbnyc 12:14 AM - 22 September, 2011
Quote:
my brother put this site together for me. still waiting for new logo for site. this site is for mobile use only.

www.videodjnyc.com

dope site!! very clean,im sure little by little you willadd some other things! i didnt know your dj name was nyc, COOL! :)
lvmez 12:32 AM - 22 September, 2011
lol. it's not, just a mobile dj company name. still a work in progress. needs some tweaks. thanks.
jbnyc 2:37 AM - 22 September, 2011
haha cool!!
Tishica14 1:22 AM - 8 October, 2011
Here is my site done thru word press; it is a work in progress. You guys have some cool looking sites.

djshan.org
lvmez 3:18 AM - 8 October, 2011
Good start Tishica, Add some color and a logo. Maybe more pictures.
Tishica14 12:48 PM - 8 October, 2011
Quote:
Good start Tishica, Add some color and a logo. Maybe more pictures.

Thanks lvmez for checking it out; thanks so much for the suggestions, I will definitely be trying to enhance it more flavor..right now I do not have a logo..definitely planning on adding more pics...thanks again for your suggestions, it's definitely appreciated :)
SiRocket 10:44 AM - 9 October, 2011
kept pretty straight with my own site -> www.djrickyjay.com

I also did the design on Panic City's site --> www.djpaniccity.com

some more of my work --> www.96firm.com

I used to be 100% custom on sites, but wordpress has brought alot of value, options, and possibilities to the market, similar to serato with the dj industry...
SiRocket 10:44 AM - 9 October, 2011
also did bandoma's splash site --> www.djbandoma.net
Tishica14 11:07 AM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:

I used to be 100% custom on sites, but wordpress has brought alot of value, options, and possibilities to the market, similar to serato with the dj industry...

Great work!!!
SiRocket 3:46 PM - 10 October, 2011
thank you! :)
DJ Trixsta 12:26 PM - 12 October, 2011
stewartmclaughlan.netne.net - let me know what you think...

just transfering data over to www.dj-trixsta.co.uk..
Laz219 12:32 PM - 12 October, 2011
I was actually just flicking through DJ websites (and agencies specifically) tonight.
All I can say is damn! They are nearly all cheesy, nearly all out of date and nearly all look so plain they look like a dodgy company that you wouldn't trust.

People always talk of first impressions, the most common one is the website these days. Only way to do it is 100% properly.
PopRoXxX 4:44 PM - 12 October, 2011
<--- www.djpoproxxx.com (I did it myself, so be nice. LOL!)
djstix 4:55 PM - 12 October, 2011
This is a site one of my buddy's did...4 djs from Chicago that got tired of getting dicked around by promoters so we started doing our own parties...The site has helped alot...I think it has more potential too

www.secsevents.com

This guy made it...

www.ultrabluestudios.com
Dysquo 6:08 PM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:

Good stuff!
Tishica14 12:51 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
<--- www.djpoproxxx.com (I did it myself, so be nice. LOL!)

Looking good!!!!
Tishica14 12:52 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
This is a site one of my buddy's did...4 djs from Chicago that got tired of getting dicked around by promoters so we started doing our own parties...The site has helped alot...I think it has more potential too

www.secsevents.com

This guy made it...

www.ultrabluestudios.com

Good stuff!!!
Tishica14 12:56 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
I was actually just flicking through DJ websites (and agencies specifically) tonight.
All I can say is damn! They are nearly all cheesy, nearly all out of date and nearly all look so plain they look like a dodgy company that you wouldn't trust.

People always talk of first impressions, the most common one is the website these days. Only way to do it is 100% properly.

Hey, I am in the beginning stages of building my site, so whatever tips you can offer so it will not look cheesy, out of date, and plain will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
jbnyc 3:36 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:

Can you give us an example of a "cheessy" website and a "non cheessy" one within the 500-800 dollar budget,thanks!
Tishica14 4:08 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Can you give us an example of a "cheessy" website and a "non cheessy" one within the 500-800 dollar budget,thanks!

+1
SiRocket 5:57 PM - 14 October, 2011
still don't understand how people expect a press quality website for under 1k.... its like DJ Vice djing a club for 150 + drinks...
RAMPING 6:06 PM - 14 October, 2011
Wait you guys payed about $1000?

I saw a site that was similar djrickyjay and he was asking for $300 and I said no.

I need to contact him back asap.
lvmez 6:14 PM - 14 October, 2011
it really depends who you use. I've seen $500 dollar websites that i'm not impressed with. I've seen websites that were done by novices and they looked good. It also helps when good input is given.
Tishica14 7:40 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
it really depends who you use. I've seen $500 dollar websites that i'm not impressed with. I've seen websites that were done by novices and they looked good. It also helps when good input is given.

Totally agree.... yeap it helps a lot when input is given.
jbnyc 7:43 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
still don't understand how people expect a press quality website for under 1k.... its like DJ Vice djing a club for 150 + drinks...

so youre telling me this site costs about 10K?

djatrak.com

djvice.com

im not saying this 2 coast less than 1K but im saying,for a first website to have a 500-800 one isnt so bad,specially if you are not a big dj getting 3K per night like vice,BTW your comparison was horrible!! lol
jbnyc 7:58 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:

BTW your work is impressive,in no way im saying you dont deserve to get big money for what you do,those intros are sick!! im just saying that everyone has a different budget...
SiRocket 8:23 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

djatrak.com

djvice.com

im not saying this 2 coast less than 1K but im saying,for a first website to have a 500-800 one isnt so bad,specially if you are not a big dj getting 3K per night like vice,BTW your comparison was horrible!! lol

I don't think the comparison was horrible at all.... you can't walk into a car dealership and get a deeper discount because you aren't getting paid big bucks like other people do....

Granted wordpress has brought down alot of pricing and such similar to serato with the average dj market.... but there are still hours for email time, phone time, planning, research, setup, designing (maybe 1-3 revisions), etc...

I find it funny... alot of the inquiries i get for sites are people that are complaining on the internet about lowballers and people doing their job at the club for 50 bucks + drinks and are using vdj with auto sync... their excuse for more money was the quality of their product... Yet some of these people are lowballing me for design work. #smh
SiRocket 8:25 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

BTW your work is impressive,in no way im saying you dont deserve to get big money for what you do,those intros are sick!! im just saying that everyone has a different budget...

understood but people that are complaining that the pricing of a ferrari is "too high".... shouldn't be shopping in that market at all.... just because the majority of my invoice is for labor charges, doesn't mean you can still afford the end product with a 1/4 of the required budget.

Thats all.

/sorry for the novel(s)
sixxx 8:54 PM - 14 October, 2011
I kept my super simple.

www.eyeamsixxx.com
RAMPING 9:20 PM - 14 October, 2011
My friend is going to to do it for $50.

www.donschophouse.com

(she's only a junior) so I say its pretty good and cheap.

+1 for highschool
Tishica14 9:41 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
I kept my super simple.

www.eyeamsixxx.com

I like the simplicity of your site....love that intro :) what program did you use if you don't mind me asking?
sixxx 9:48 PM - 14 October, 2011
No program at all. Just go to wix.com and you can you a flash site. You can even do it for free or do like me and link your own domain site.
Tishica14 9:54 PM - 14 October, 2011
Oh ok cool, I thought that wix, I wasn't sure because it does not have it on the bottom of your page; thanks :)
StreetFighta 10:02 PM - 14 October, 2011
www.djstreetfighta.com is mine. working on a v3 of the site now though
sixxx 10:03 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
Oh ok cool, I thought that wix, I wasn't sure because it does not have it on the bottom of your page; thanks :)

Got the paid version. lol
Tishica14 10:05 PM - 14 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Got the paid version. lol

Gotcha lol :)
Tishica14 12:15 PM - 15 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

djatrak.com

djvice.com

Great work on both sites!
jbnyc 3:10 AM - 21 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

understood but people that are complaining that the pricing of a ferrari is "too high".... shouldn't be shopping in that market at all.... just because the majority of my invoice is for labor charges, doesn't mean you can still afford the end product with a 1/4 of the required budget.

Thats all.

/sorry for the novel(s)

gotcha! yeah those people are stupid,just like the ones calling me to do a wedding with plasmas and extra equipment,moving headlights and have a $500.00 budget, in this case you can get a descent dj for that price without plasmas and some extra shit and rock a nice party... good to see we are on the same page now hehe
SiRocket 4:08 AM - 21 October, 2011
fo sho!
lvmez 3:08 PM - 22 October, 2011
new logo on my website.

www.videodjnyc.com
Tishica14 4:55 PM - 4 November, 2011
Quote:

www.thatsthebreak.com

Hey Naf, the site is looking real good; I like the articles you are posting. I really liked the Number 1 - A Misleading Concept :)
Naf 1:41 AM - 7 November, 2011
Thanks Tishica, I appreciate it! I must say after finishing college, it's refreshing to have something that you actually want to write about...
Tishica14 7:47 PM - 16 November, 2011
Quote:
Thanks Tishica, I appreciate it! I must say after finishing college, it's refreshing to have something that you actually want to write about...

I hear ya, you are welcome
sixxx 2:31 AM - 17 November, 2011
I updated my website as well as my domain name.
No longer eyeamsixxx.com

djsixxx.info
RAMPING 2:40 AM - 17 November, 2011
The thing I don't like about Wix is that it runs slow even with a premium account.

www.wix.com

thats a free one I made 2 yrs ago :P
sixxx 3:34 AM - 17 November, 2011
I haven't experienced that. No complaints here.
dj_soo 3:39 AM - 17 November, 2011
"but think of the exposure if you design my site for $300!"
SiRocket 6:16 AM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:

love this one :)
reggae delgado 6:33 AM - 17 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

love this one :)

Damn the "exposure" line sounds even lamer in the web design context than in a DJ one.
dj_soo 6:53 AM - 17 November, 2011
still one of my favourite shorts about this - applicable to DJs, designers, photographers, and anyone else that has to deal with stingy clients who don't understand that we actually need to get paid for our work...

Watchwww.youtube.com
RAMPING 7:15 PM - 17 November, 2011
whats up with the thumbnails next to the video...

im not a fan of watching horses have sex.
Tishica14 6:51 AM - 20 November, 2011
Quote:
whats up with the thumbnails next to the video...

im not a fan of watching horses have sex.

LMBO!!!!
DJ Eazy B 2:30 PM - 20 November, 2011
This is my 1st website I've ever set up.

www.djeazyb.com

If anyone can suggest any features that would be useful to me, it would be appreciated as this is still work in progress

Thanks
RAMPING 7:38 PM - 9 February, 2012
iramping.com

Took forever for me and my friend to make, w00t w00t.
DJPrice_inMD 7:41 PM - 9 February, 2012
my wife is currently in the middle of rebuilding mine from the ground up but this is what she had finished so far:

thedjprice.com
dj_JM 9:10 PM - 9 February, 2012
www.behindthedjbooth.com

The splash page is up. The rest will follow in the next few days.