Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Moving my music, PC to MAC

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ K-Zee 12:08 AM - 24 August, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.3.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

Hey guys, right now I'm working with my PC alongside SSL. I'm soon getting a Mac and I have some questions. I wanted to move my entire serato library (crates, subcrates) to an external hard drive. I read the HOW TO that serato posted but I'm just having trouble understabding.
"This is pretty self explanatory, just drag and drop your music files / folders to the external hard drive that you want to use, as you would with any other normal transfer.

Remember we are moving our files, not making a copy. Once you are certain your music is all on your external drive, delete it off your computer (internal) drive.

Do not move your whole "my music" / "music" folder. This contains more than just your music files, including your Scratch Live folder. Its important at this stage to leave that where it is. "

Then wtf am I moving!?!?! It says dont move your whole "my music" folder. Then what am i moving!? the scratch live folder!? I feel stupid and it probably is but I have no idea what I'm doing here. PLEASE HELP!
DeeJay Fingers 1:30 AM - 24 August, 2011
Hello DJ K-Zee

Hope This Helps Watchwww.youtube.com

:)
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:55 PM - 24 August, 2011
You want to move your music folders/files.
Your music may not even be in the default "Music" folder.
It may be sitting on your desktop.
Wherever it is, move it to the external.

Do NOT move any _Serato_ folders or ScratchLIVE folders that are sitting in the default Music folder.
5:00 PM, 7 Sep 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.