Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Whitelabel tracks and the Bridge

pressurebelfast 12:38 PM - 21 August, 2011
Hi
I know if you dont play whitelabel tracks in serato with your hardware connected you get the low bit rate version

I was working on a bridge set the other night with a couple of white labels tracks and decided to pull them into ableton to cut some loops and sections out of them, would i be right in saying that once they are opened in ableton the are the low bitrate versions again eventhough i have my sl4 connected

Is there a work round to this or any plans to enable the whitelabel tracks to be used fully with the bridge,

if this isnt in the right place please moved it :_)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:10 PM - 21 August, 2011
Currently Whitelabel tracks will only play in the low bitrate version in Ableton (as you've discovered).

There are a number of technical hurdles to working around this but we hope to offer full quality playback in a future update.
pressurebelfast 8:40 AM - 22 August, 2011
Thanks chris. Keep me posted :)
Dj Wunder 12:05 AM - 27 September, 2011
I was wondering about this in relation to Mixtape, will any whitelabel tracks we use in a mix be low bitrate when opening the .als file?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 2:23 AM - 27 September, 2011
Quote:
will any whitelabel tracks we use in a mix be low bitrate when opening the .als file?

Yes, Ableton Live can only access the lower bitrate audio.
pressurebelfast 9:14 AM - 26 April, 2012
Any news on this chris
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:27 AM - 26 April, 2012
No. I still can't provide any indication of when this may happen.
pressurebelfast 7:46 AM - 27 April, 2012
no worries man
cheers
boogieroom 1:02 PM - 20 October, 2015
run the file through platinum notes and if will convert it to 320kbps
Dj Wunder 10:51 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
run the file through platinum notes and if will convert it to 320kbps

teacherorwildlifetrainer.files.wordpress.com